**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    This is an unnecessary progression title. They could've just made it for Act 7 completion with no champ requirement and better benefits.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

My r3 options would be atm unduped domino, omega, capiw, nick fury, hulkbuster.

None of my good 6* are duped and hulkbuster and nick are both at r1. Effectively I need to finish exploring act 6 and hope for mutant or science so that I can take up a champ I would have waited for otherwise to obtain the title. It is problematic

Un awakened Domino is fine.

All of those options aren't that bad.

Except Nick Fury needs the dupe
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

Considering that a r3 6 star requires either.....
    100% act 6
    Complete the abyss of legends
    Have gotten extremely lucky with rng from various rewards and deals

Having this r3 requirement is a real kick in the teeth for players, looking for a new progression point... surely the new thronebreaker title should focus its rewards on being able to get the shards or resources required to get a r3 6 star... not make it a requirement to have one! I personally have a r3 elsa, and am about to explore abyss, but i have a mutant t5cc thats been sat in my account for 7 months, because i simply haven't pulled a mutant champ that i would like to use that resource on! I Imagine a huge number of this playerbase is in a similar situation, but for their first r3!

As far as im aware.... no progression point has ever had a champ requirement before... so why does thronebreaker??

Sorry for the rant, but please, listen to your community, beating the grandmaster should feel like a huge acheivement... no one wants to go through all that work to be deflated because they dont have a worthy r3 6 star!

Story content has also never been a participation trophy level difficulty either. That's what people asked for and got though. Turns out one of the side effects was title requirement changes. Can't always get everything your way it turns out
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

To be really clear here (and let the dislikes pour in), this is meant to be a differentiating factor between players in the Cavalier progression level, and those that are far advanced from there.

As you guys are well aware, there is a huge breadth of players that have hit Cavalier status, from those that have beaten Act 6 Chapter 1 just once, to those that have explored Abyss of Legends, and take on the Grandmaster and Champion bosses daily just for fun.

It becomes extremely difficult for us to make content that targets everybody in that group when one end is so far ahead of the other. As we moved away from making Act content our measuring stick for Summoner Roster and Skill Progression, we had to move to other measurements. Having 1x Rank 3 6-Star is quite low on the scale of differentiation since many of these Summoners have quite a lot more.

If you haven't hit that point yet, that's okay. There's still a lot for you to benefit from as a Cavalier, and those benefits will help you as you progress and grow towards the next level.

maybe give the title to all of those who completed the Abyss maybe even put it as an Abyss completion reward ( with act6 completion of course )
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

100% act 6

Having this r3 requirement is a real kick in the teeth for players, looking for a new progression point... surely the new thronebreaker title should focus its rewards on being able to get the shards or resources required to get a r3 6 star... not make it a requirement to have one! I personally have a r3 elsa, and am about to explore abyss, but i have a mutant t5cc thats been sat in my account for 7 months, because i simply haven't pulled a mutant champ that i would like to use that resource on! I Imagine a huge number of this playerbase is in a similar situation, but for their first r3!

As far as im aware.... no progression point has ever had a champ requirement before... so why does thronebreaker??

Sorry for the rant, but please, listen to your community, beating the grandmaster should feel like a huge acheivement... no one wants to go through all that work to be deflated because they dont have a worthy r3 6 star!

Story content has also never been a participation trophy level difficulty either. That's what people asked for and got though. Turns out one of the side effects was title requirement changes. Can't always get everything your way it turns out
    Oh i know this, ive explored act 6 and have 1 path left on abyss... but considering a r3 6 star often requires ALOT more progression than act 6 completion, its abit of an unfair side requirement to most summoners is all.. it doesn't affect me, no, but putting myself in their shoes, if this DID, i would be pretty damn upset
    They definitely messed up where they put the title. All they did was make a lot of people that it's not even remotely aimed at, think that it is. They did it to make it less restrictive and more player friendly but the result is just a bunch of crying. I'd rather they slap 100% Act 6 and Abyss requirements on it just so everyone would shut up about it personally
    I agree on this... Thronebreaker was earned for 100% act 6... THAT should be the progression point, not the completion, since then the rewards would match the requirement!
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Siliyo said:

The incursion system, when first introduced, required you to have a certain number of 5* champions in your roster that allowed you to gain access to certain tiers. Why couldn’t you do the same with Throne Breaker, where we need certain number of 6* champions? 6* champions are still hard to come by — a 6* champion you want to r3 is even harder unless you’re lucky.

I was going to suggest this, but this thread was too entertaining, so I decided against it. I would say 20-30 6*'s, since at the point of 6.4, 6*s are easy enough to come by. Not to mention, the title is permanent, so I would say a requirement of 30 6*s seems okay. Although I don't really mind the R3 6* thing too much.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

By tying the "title" which I couldnt give a flip about, to offers, discounts, cryatals, etc. This becomes a problem for everyone with bad 'RNG'

If you’re in a position to have access to the title dictated by rng you haven’t progressed far enough to be need it in the first place.

You’re basically saying I want that progression level those guys further than me have without going through everything they have gone through.
    Umm... But there will be those who will get the title ONLY because they were lucky enough. So do they need the title? But those who got sfrrwd by RNG don't need?
    Good for them being lucky, do they need it nah they might not even deserve it or be able to make use of it but that is neither here nor there. Like I said if the title is being dictated by rng for you, you haven’t progressed far enough.
    Isn’t it called a story progression title or am i mistaken?
    Yup, this is also Kabam, people practically play this game just because they’re so haphazard about rolling out new things. No surprise they got wording wrong. Checkmate.
    Bro cmon you rlly think it’s a necessary requirement to have a r3it’s been story based progression title and there’s never been other requirements like they aren’t giving the players that are in between being a full on endgame player like yourself who has everything 100% done and a basic player that just got cavalier any middle ground I have half of act 6 explored and completed it a couple months ago and everything except abyss done besides that... I have 24 six star champs none of which are from cav crystals and I don’t even have a r2 yet bc none of them are worth a r2 let alone r3 the closest I am to a t5cc is both half a tech and half a cosmic and no good options for when I form them.... would u if you were kabam keep this requirement or no?
    When all of us against the act 6 nerfs said story content has always been aimed at the end game players, everyone else said just bc its always been like that doesn't mean it should. Welp, here ya go. Sometimes things change and you don't always like them.
    What’re u saying? Who exactly was against the act 6 nerfs and why would they be? What do you mean act 6 is still targeting endgame players just like before they just toned down attack and Health which was necessary when you were losing stupid amounts of health on block or even parries. Also kabam put bs money grabbing boss fights and path fights purposely so as a result of their greediness they finally listened to reasonable concerns and changed some like the champion fight... they’ve always been called story based progression title as in you don’t need any other random requirement not pertaining to how far you are into story mode so how ab we keep it that way
    To be fair, a number of Players were against the change.
    Idk anyone that was saying they were against it... everyone I knew from my ally other allies or saw on YouTube as in popular you tubers were mostly excited ab it even though they’d already explored 100% act 6 they thought it was fair and it had to be nerfed bc it was unfairly difficult and certain fights were clear and blatant cash grabs
    You didn't pay much attention bc there are plenty of people here who can attest to myself and others being very much against it

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

By tying the "title" which I couldnt give a flip about, to offers, discounts, cryatals, etc. This becomes a problem for everyone with bad 'RNG'

If you’re in a position to have access to the title dictated by rng you haven’t progressed far enough to be need it in the first place.

You’re basically saying I want that progression level those guys further than me have without going through everything they have gone through.
    Umm... But there will be those who will get the title ONLY because they were lucky enough. So do they need the title? But those who got sfrrwd by RNG don't need?
    Good for them being lucky, do they need it nah they might not even deserve it or be able to make use of it but that is neither here nor there. Like I said if the title is being dictated by rng for you, you haven’t progressed far enough.
    Isn’t it called a story progression title or am i mistaken?
    Yup, this is also Kabam, people practically play this game just because they’re so haphazard about rolling out new things. No surprise they got wording wrong. Checkmate.
    Bro cmon you rlly think it’s a necessary requirement to have a r3it’s been story based progression title and there’s never been other requirements like they aren’t giving the players that are in between being a full on endgame player like yourself who has everything 100% done and a basic player that just got cavalier any middle ground I have half of act 6 explored and completed it a couple months ago and everything except abyss done besides that... I have 24 six star champs none of which are from cav crystals and I don’t even have a r2 yet bc none of them are worth a r2 let alone r3 the closest I am to a t5cc is both half a tech and half a cosmic and no good options for when I form them.... would u if you were kabam keep this requirement or no?
    When all of us against the act 6 nerfs said story content has always been aimed at the end game players, everyone else said just bc its always been like that doesn't mean it should. Welp, here ya go. Sometimes things change and you don't always like them.
    What’re u saying? Who exactly was against the act 6 nerfs and why would they be? What do you mean act 6 is still targeting endgame players just like before they just toned down attack and Health which was necessary when you were losing stupid amounts of health on block or even parries. Also kabam put bs money grabbing boss fights and path fights purposely so as a result of their greediness they finally listened to reasonable concerns and changed some like the champion fight... they’ve always been called story based progression title as in you don’t need any other random requirement not pertaining to how far you are into story mode so how ab we keep it that way
    If you think what act 6 is now and what act 7 is is targeted at actual end game players, you're absolutely fooling yourself. I explored the beta about as easily as a monthly EQ. That's not targeted at "end game players". Story content is a joke now for the upper tiers

Everyone seems to want to have their cake and eat it too. Oh this is too hard make it easy for me, oh but I want a good star for beating it too. Come on guys. A single R3 is nothing when it comes to this point in the game, I have 10. Even without spending what I do, I'd have multiple.
    Ya so I did I... I was on the act 7 beta and just threw random 5 65s on my team each time for fun and beat one path of each chapter without dying once with ease and idc there’s other hard things to complete in the game and it’s only the first chapter and I like the direction of more varied bosses in a quest that they implemented not everything has to be mind bogglingly hard that’s the problem with you whales you don’t look at a low spender or F2P perspective you only think ab how something will affect yourselves and it wouldn’t matter anywyas cuz you Have everything in the game done almost all the champs and like you just said literally fricken 10 r3s and you said that like it’s a normal thing not everyone is in the top tier player bracket such as yourself
    I also said I'm fine with the training wheels you lot have got slapped on story content. All it does is make it easier for me. Unfortunately it makes a large portion of the game fairly boring but oh well.

My point is you can't be mad when you make the game get a perma easy mode option and then things like titles end up getting additional (also completely reasonable) requirements
    Again typical whale behavior only caring ab how they play the game and not the experience of the other 95% of players in the game that don’t buy endless cavs till they get every new champ and don’t have all the resources in the world or unitman to get them through content the changes were minimal and justified completely like I said in that post unfortunately I don’t think you read the whole thing through... everything is always gonna be easy when you have every champ limitless units and all the rank up resources in the world you should delete you’re account and play like a normal F2P Or low spender player and you’ll find your experience to be quite different when you don’t have everything at ur disposal at the click of a confirm purchase button I wouldn’t expect u to understand but it’s funny how you entitled little whales who have everything only speak from ur perspective and say how it’s okay with you cuz you know you’re gonna get the title without a problem please be considerate of other players for once you selfish greedy mug
    Couldn't agree more #downwithwork
    Because what we really need is feeding these idiots.
    Lol funny it’s always the whales commenting and commending kabam on bad decisions bc it doesn’t affect them at all then just say “git better kid” to anyone who doesn’t spend and finds it unfair for an actual valid reason but oh well we know by this point in time with kabam and their greedy bunch of whales it’s the “rich get richer and the poor get poorer”
    I hate to break it to you, but it’s not just the whales... I rarely spend anything on this game, and when I do it’s only because I have spare iTunes credit. This is not a bad decision. It is in fact a very good decision made by kabam to split up those with the cavalier title. It is literally a cake walk to obtain cavalier and because of that the skill difference of players with the cavalier title is nearly infinite. They need a way to differentiate end game cavaliers from fresh new cavaliers. This title does exactly that. So I say mission accomplished.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

100% act 6

Oh i know this, ive explored act 6 and have 1 path left on abyss... but considering a r3 6 star often requires ALOT more progression than act 6 completion, its abit of an unfair side requirement to most summoners is all.. it doesn't affect me, no, but putting myself in their shoes, if this DID, i would be pretty damn upset
    They definitely messed up where they put the title. All they did was make a lot of people that it's not even remotely aimed at, think that it is. They did it to make it less restrictive and more player friendly but the result is just a bunch of crying. I'd rather they slap 100% Act 6 and Abyss requirements on it just so everyone would shut up about it personally
    I agree on this... Thronebreaker was earned for 100% act 6... THAT should be the progression point, not the completion, since then the rewards would match the requirement!
    Nah I'm past just 100% Act 6 bc Act 6 is a joke now. Make it full exploration of act 6 AND Abyss. Then Johnny try hard who just barely scrapes by getting through story to get that shiny title knows it isn't aimed at him in the slightest.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

100% act 6

Nah I'm past just 100% Act 6 bc Act 6 is a joke now. Make it full exploration of act 6 AND Abyss. Then Johnny try hard who just barely scrapes by getting through story to get that shiny title knows it isn't aimed at him in the slightest.
    For people like us its easy to say that, those who have already done it, but for others who have only just done completion seems abit farfetchd?? it took me nearly 4 months to explore abyss as i had to grind my resources to do so in arena since im F2P! So i see both sides to this! Can't punish those that haven't spent or been able to do it as quickly?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Where does it say offers?
    in the announcements on the forums:

The Following will be released over time, and will not be available on the day that Thronebreaker launches:
    New Gold Crystal
    New Arena Crystal
    Additional items in the Black ISO Market
    New Monthly Calendar
    New Daily Objectives
    Exclusive offers, gifts, and rewards
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    I think what most everyone is missing as they gripe about RNG is that they understand this is a factor...the progression is meant to be based on roster growth not story progression alone. So yes it takes a long time to get a R3 6* but they know this...that’s why they chose to go this route. It’s not going to be hard to do with the increasing abundance of 6* shards and T5CC. You can get it monthly now. So take a breath and move on, ffs they are giving it to us without some new cash grab fight. If you don’t have an R3 6* your roster isn’t established enough for the meta of the game to be giving you access to the next tier of rewards. It’s so simple.
  • I see a lot of people arguing that they need a way to differentiate fresh cavs from people who have completed act 6...but a fresh cav hasn’t been the grandmaster have they? People don’t usually from from chapter 1 to 4 in a couple weeks, it usually takes months, took me about a year to get decent champs to do it. The progression milestone should be based on you know, story progression, not RNG 6* and catalyst progression.

I see a lot of people arguing that they need a way to differentiate fresh cavs from people who have completed act 6...but a fresh cav hasn’t been the grandmaster have they? People don’t usually from from chapter 1 to 4 in a couple weeks, it usually takes months, took me about a year to get decent champs to do it. The progression milestone should be based on you know, story progression, not RNG 6* and catalyst progression.

So your argument is they should put it back to the end of book 2? They stated they cannot do it based on story anymore because they are not making story difficult anymore.
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    If you have the rank up materials to R3 a 6* that should be sufficient to get the title. Don't push people to actually rank up champs that aren't worthy.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

xNig said:

Berjibs said:

Werewrym said:

Mcord117 said:

Werewrym said:

dot_ditto said:

H3t3r said:

I dont understand the need of the r3 6* requirement.

It's an attempt to replace the Gating mechanism ... *shrug*

These kinds of limits are not good, and when they finally admitted the 6* gates were bad .. they should have realized this isn't good idea either ..

oh well.
    This is completely different from 6* gates. The goal here is to split those who have obtained the cavalier title. They want that split to be a very high cutoff. R3 champs are probably only in the rosters of the top 1-2% of players which is what they want. It is nearly impossible to design content for cavalier players because the disparity between new Cavaliers and end game cavaliers is so large. This type of progression split is absolutely needed for health of the game.
    Except that many of the players without r3 champs can still do content easier than some of the 1-2% with r3. This does not fix the gap you are talking about, and if cavalier difficulty just came out after how long the community asked for it, I find it extraordinarily unlikely they are just going to role put thrown breaker
    I already made a comment in this thread where I stated my opinion on that. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1430515#Comment_1430515

I do completely understand that some players are temporarily going to be exempt from this title because they have no r3 6* (due to bad RNG, but you may have act 6 and even abyss 100%), but if you are at that point in the game you should be able to at least see that having such a hefty cutoff will help in the long term with seperation of player progression. The problem with the cavalier title was that it was way to easy to obtain, and could even be gotten prematurely by just throwing some units at it. Having a progression level dependent on a r3 champ will ensure that players cannot just rush the progression milestones and start getting rewards way above their account level.
    They can rush it though, they just unit though act 6 and buy the t5 selectors.

Once you’ve completed act 6 that’s the fastest way to obtain the title, at that point the differentiator is luck or cash, unless you push on to 100% act 6.

Now those people that do 100% act 6 as a means of getting r3 will be separated from first time clearers by both the required roster depth and the skill and dedication levels required to do so (which is what I assume Kabam are trying to achieve) but will be grouped together by title with people who unit-manned through completion and whaled on catalyst deals (and also the true end gamers). We are then back at this point where we have a vast disparity in ability within the progression group and those guys who rush/pay through to a r3 are hugely underprepared for whatever content comes out for throne breakers similar to all the crying at cav eq release from the guys who don’t have a single champ for buffed up or diss track.

As an example at the point I finished act 6 earlier this summer I had 5 r5s and nearly 40% of a T5cc, upon completion I took CV to r2 and had chosen mystic 25%. I’m not 100% sure (Happy to be corrected here) but fairly certain I could have bought the rest of that catalyst through the July deals and subsequent selector deals and taken her to r3 very quickly. Am I then at that point justifiably grouped with the end gamers, a 600k account with 5r5s and one r3?

Is that the separation kabam are trying to achieve?

In terms of definition, yes. But you’ll be on the list of “unable to complete content catered to that select group of people”. (Which most probably will lead to more whining and complaining lol).

If you think I’m in the group moaning about difficulty all the time btw, and that was a dig (I know you like to get those in all the time on those below your level), you’d be wrong.

No worries man. I like to joke and have fun quite abit so sometimes people take it the wrong way. (That whining comment wasn’t directed at you though, but at the community at large 😂)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Just make the title for 100% A6 and AoL 100% like what @Worknprogress suggested. It’ll stop all the whining.

And when players finally reach that level, they’ll know why it’s set there.

(I’ve always been a proponent of Story Quest Milestone Titles being put in Exploration. It sets the expectation and min requirement for the title, rather than just unit-manning it once and leaving it alone.)
    Jaggers68 said:

xNig said:

Just make the title for 100% A6 and AoL 100% like what @Worknprogress suggested. It’ll stop all the whining.

And when players finally reach that level, they’ll know why it’s set there.

(I’ve always been a proponent of Story Quest Milestone Titles being put in Exploration. It sets the expectation and min requirement for the title, rather than just unit-manning it once and leaving it alone.)

I agree that it shld be a6 100% (even though I’ve only explored chapters 1-2), but I feel like the progression is story-based so Abyss shouldn’t be a part. TBH, I think they shld require Act 6 exploration and like Act 7 Chapter 1 exploration.
    they already stated that they cannot use act based progression because they are no longer making acts more and more difficult.