**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    This mechanic looks interesting. Not gonna say whether this one is gonna be fun or annoying, because I'll wait till I actually experience it.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    gROOT buff? I think yes.

Also, I'm definitely interested, but have several thoughts:
    1. Will the attacker and defender both be rooted, or just the attacker?
    2. This will make it more difficult to deal with special attacks since most of the time if you play well you can just dodge back far enough that you don't have to perfectly dodge each hit of at least the most complicated ones.
    3. I agree with Cat Murdock, champions with abilities related to their distance make this seem like a difficult idea, and I would add to the list Blade's ability to gain power while in close proximity to a bleeding opponent.
    4. Will this essentially make playing every character similar to playing Quake in the corner?

Just some thoughts, but I am genuinely interested to see how this works in game and excited for a new game mode. Thanks Kabam!
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Can I just quake it

When the defender is Omega Red? Goodluck
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Is this gonna be a node?
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Ahh shoot I've been rooted
  • Options
    bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Will this apply to attackers, defenders, or both?

Can we get some examples of this in action?

Is this expected to allow an attacker to dex and retaliate with a heavy attack?

Also, typo.. should be there'll or to avoid weird contractions: there will
    Kabam Boo said:

Each day, on every difficulty, they’ll be a Global buff that uses Root...

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    This is a new type of node which looks tricky on the outset. But we gotta see it before deciding ourselves.
  • Options
    ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Will Ghost still be able to phase while ROOT is active? I dash back, but stay in place, and she phase. I’m intrigued, but not completely sure of this mechanic.