**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on updates to Cav Difficulty?

Comments

• Options
    ElwindElwind Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Only thing i know ;
    Cavalier diff. Rewards definitely needs a buff
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Are we not already getting 30% from cav and the side quests per month currently?

Always got the option of abyss too if you need r3. It’s not hard just a resources drain.

How is a "resources drain" also "not hard"?
    It’s not realistic to be able to solo every fight with skill. It’s more about preparation (or spending) endurance and perseverance.

While some fights can be soloed using particular champs the majority will be subject to the hit count meaning revives are inevitable. The best players out there are burning resources on it.

Collector for eg is just a revive bin.

It just boils down to having a stash of potions or units. Not like the champion or whatever where an unskilled player can be eternally frustrated by the fight. Anyone can clear abyss it’s just how much resources you use. The fights aren’t hard, just long and there’s a lot of them. It’s easier than LOL, less evade, can parry etc.

For me it was getting my head down and doing something I never do for a couple weeks, arena, rinsing a4 for revives and then just blasting through it. Much more fun content out there imo but it was worth it to get the title.
    So in other words, there's no such thing as "hard" content because you can grind out all the revives in the world to get past it. No such thing as a hard boss, cause I could save up 1200 units to revive past him. No such thing as a hard war encounter, cause I could use 10 small revives on Corvus.
    That's dumb. I don't care if you're the most skilled player in the world, needing tons of revives to get through Abyss means it's hard content.
    Nope. You’re totally missing the point. Have you played abyss?
    If something drains resources... it is hard content. Otherwise, nothing is hard since you can just revive through it all.
    It’s not what I’m saying but you know that don’t you?

People use revives in act 6 because they get their backsides kicked. The mechanics of the fights can be hard, the node combinations can be hard and it used to be that the attack values also made it hard but despite that skilled players can still do it itemless.

Now, why do people use revives in abyss?

I’ll give you a clue, didn’t think hard, try cheap.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Are we not already getting 30% from cav and the side quests per month currently?

Always got the option of abyss too if you need r3. It’s not hard just a resources drain.

It’s not realistic to be able to solo every fight with skill. It’s more about preparation (or spending) endurance and perseverance.

While some fights can be soloed using particular champs the majority will be subject to the hit count meaning revives are inevitable. The best players out there are burning resources on it.

It just boils down to having a stash of potions or units. Not like the champion or whatever where an unskilled player can be eternally frustrated by the fight. Anyone can clear abyss it’s just how much resources you use. The fights aren’t hard, just long and there’s a lot of them. It’s easier than LOL, less evade, can parry etc.

For me it was getting my head down and doing something I never do for a couple weeks, arena, rinsing a4 for revives and then just blasting through it. Much more fun content out there imo but it was worth it to get the title.
    So in other words, there's no such thing as "hard" content because you can grind out all the revives in the world to get past it. No such thing as a hard boss, cause I could save up 1200 units to revive past him. No such thing as a hard war encounter, cause I could use 10 small revives on Corvus.
    That's dumb. I don't care if you're the most skilled player in the world, needing tons of revives to get through Abyss means it's hard content.
    If something drains resources... it is hard content. Otherwise, nothing is hard since you can just revive through it all.

People use revives in act 6 because they get their backsides kicked. The mechanics of the fights can be hard, the node combinations can be hard and it used to be that the attack values also made it hard but despite that skilled players can still do it itemless.

So I guess content that can be solo'd with skill is harder than content that can't be solo'd with skill? Good to know. In Act 6, a fight can be hard because of the mechanics? What do you call the hit cap in Abyss? It's a mechanic.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

So I guess content that can be solo'd with skill is harder than content that can't be solo'd with skill? Good to know. In Act 6, a fight can be hard because of the mechanics? What do you call the hit cap in Abyss? It's a mechanic.

Nice sidestep on the question. I’ll answer yours.

Yeah sure, loads of people got shut out at 6.2.6 because it was difficult, not because they didn’t have enough units. Other people solo that fight for fun. There is one example of content that can be one shot with skill that is more difficult than abyss fights.

In abyss you only need enough skill to reach the hit cap which is way below that of other fights in the game therefore not a difficulty mechanic just a cheap resource drain. I’d put abyss easy path on par with being comfortable on the easy path in LOL. If you can solo the majority of those fights you can easily solo abyss fights up to the hit cap, if anything it’s easier. The fights are basic, there’s nothing challenging in there bar the collector which is what it is. In the context of someone going for TB it’s not hard. Maybe for you apparently but not for the averagely skilled act 6 finisher.

Have a good weekend @Etjama and apologies to the others for detailing the thread.

• Options
    drakeWARLORDdrakeWARLORD Posts: 21
    Just double the rewards for our efforts here please
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Double it every month imo
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    UC difficulty upon release was MUCH harder then cav difficulty was upon release though, so when you compare difficulty vs rewards it's not bad
  • Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I really dont mind these class-based nodes appearing regularly...granted theyre not the ONLY nodes. I think of them like those global nodes in all the other difficulties, like "+x% increase in attack/health" and "special 3 activated" -- but a Cavalier exclusive. They can actually be pretty fun.

For example, 5*, 4/55 Magik was doing 70k special 2s due to the nodes. Her special 3 even took about roughly 80-85% of one defender (granted they had 10+ buffs). If you have a varied-enough roster, you can easily use each to their advantage.

The problem, however, is that its easier said than done to have a roster that deep. It also restricts which champs are useful in each chapter. I personally dont have a roster deep enough to comfortably take on Cavalier. But these nodes encourage me to change that.

This month's EQ also made me realize how ridiculous Magik+Warlock is. Honestly wouldnt had had the mystic node not been there (I dont use mystics often)
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Ever since cav difficulty was released i haven't even touched it. Not one quest completed.
    That's just how bad it is
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Ever since cav difficulty was released i haven't even touched it. Not one quest completed.

This was the 2nd month. If you haven't touched it, how is it you can say how bad it is?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

This was the 2nd month. If you haven't touched it, how is it you can say how bad it is?
    Ladies & gentlemen,
    Over here, we have the Sensing type. This type does not rely on intuition at all, but rather prefers to try things out for themselves.
    Imagine, for a moment, you spot a rotting banana in a bin. Your intuition might tell you that banana is, in fact, rotten. However, the Sensing type will adamantly deny their Intuitive functions in favour of their Sensing functions; even if that means tasting the rotten banana for themselves.
    If you read this in David Attenborough's accent you have my respect.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Unio77 said:

Ladies & gentlemen,
    Over here, we have the Sensing type. This type does not rely on intuition at all, but rather prefers to try things out for themselves.
    Imagine, for a moment, you spot a rotting banana in a bin. Your intuition might tell you that banana is, in fact, rotten. However, the Sensing type will adamantly deny their Intuitive functions in favour of their Sensing functions; even if that means tasting the rotten banana for themselves.
    Clever (seriously, not facetiously: I smiled). However. the moment that person stopped to actually look in the bin, they did more than the player who claimed they didn't touch the content at all.

What you refer to as intuition isn't. It is a combination of logic informed by experience (people don't throw away food that is good, and even if they did it doesn't generally stay good in a waste bin) and evolutionary biology (if it looks bad and it smells bad, evolution has wired your brain to cause you to not want it because it might kill you).

We have five million years of primate evolution telling us not to eat what appears to be bad bananas, and several thousand years of cultural history telling us to not, unless circumstances are dire, eat out of trash cans. We have six years of history judging Contest of Champions content, and no one is that good at it yet that they can judge content without actually studying it or playing it. Someone who does that isn't using intuition, they are wildly guessing.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Unio77 said:

Ladies & gentlemen,
    Clever (seriously, not facetiously: I smiled). However. the moment that person stopped to actually look in the bin, they did more than the player who claimed they didn't touch the content at all.

What you refer to as intuition isn't. It is a combination of logic informed by experience (people don't throw away food that is good, and even if they did it doesn't generally stay good in a waste bin) and evolutionary biology (if it looks bad and it smells bad, evolution has wired your brain to cause you to not want it because it might kill you).

We have five million years of primate evolution telling us not to eat what appears to be bad bananas, and several thousand years of cultural history telling us to not, unless circumstances are dire, eat out of trash cans. We have six years of history judging Contest of Champions content, and no one is that good at it yet that they can judge content without actually studying it or playing it. Someone who does that isn't using intuition, they are wildly guessing.
    Dissected like a surgeon! With an analogy & writing style that vaguely reminds me of Yuval Noah Harari's novel Sapiens. The sole intention of the comment was to stick up for @Unio77 , who is a friend. I just got a little carried away with the style. But your response was on the mark.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I dunno about you guys, but I enjoy cavalier difficulty. Mainly because I can have fun with ramp-up champs and insane damage dealers compared to some other content, and not have devilish node comboes and attack pools that seem to corrode my champ's blocks like what we see in variants and prenerf (and even some parts of current) act 6.

Rewards are fine, imo; considering the range of the target audience. I could explore it with only about 3 rank 5 5* when it started out with just about 10 revives total, and now with 9 rank 5s currently, it will be much easier for sure. I can say that most of those rank-up materials did come from cavalier difficulty, so it is worth it averse to what a lot of people point it out to be.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

So all those changes, and you didn't bother buffing the rewards, or at least adding completion rewards so people don't have to grind for days on exploration...

Kabam gonna Kabam.

there....is...already...completion....rewards....they...just...broke...it....in....thirds....to...make...it...more...easily...obtainable....for....people...who...cannot....do...all...6...paths....
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

So all those changes, and you didn't bother buffing the rewards, or at least adding completion rewards so people don't have to grind for days on exploration...

Kabam gonna Kabam.

there....is...already...completion....rewards....they...just...broke...it....in....thirds....to...make...it...more...easily...obtainable....for....people...who...cannot....do...all...6...paths....
    It's mostly the loss of instant gratification you usually get from completing the EQ. it'll take some time to get used to it
    You still have it, you get completion requests when you do the 6th path, it is just not as large because you already received 2/3rds of it.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Kabam gonna Kabam.

It's mostly the loss of instant gratification you usually get from completing the EQ. it'll take some time to get used to it
    You still have it, you get completion requests when you do the 6th path, it is just not as large because you already received 2/3rds of it.
    I know I have it. But the feeling of accomplishment you usually get after completing 3.2 is no longer available. Thats all
    Why is it not there? you still get completion rewards on completing act 3.2, so why is the feeling of accomplishment no longer available?
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Doesn't affect me so don't care 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

There is no effort required to explore Cavalier difficulty. You might have to spent 1 or 2 revives for entire event but that is it.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Is no mod going to answere any if this?

It should be clear as daylight that the rewards need a buff.