**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited November 2020
    For me, the unit deals were iffy but not really all too appeasing to me while the cash deals for cav for a little bit better so I went with a few of those. The deals were prob great for new cav players, but for potential mid cav to close to TB they were not the prettiest pearl in the pile. While it sucks though, kabam has already responded to this and really there isn't much more they can do or respond with besides reiterating what miike already said.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

For me, the unit deals were iffy but not really all too appeasing to me while the cahs deals for cav for a little bit better so I went with a few of those. The deals were prob great for new cav players. UT for potential mid cav to close to TB they were not the prettiest pearl in the pile. While it sucks though, kabam has already responded to this and really there isn't much more they can do or respond with besides reiterating what miike already said.

I bought the 1k Unit Offer and all the $10 ones. Which worked out to be about $42 CDN. I might double back for the $30, but leaning more towards not.
    Not for any protest reason, just keeping track of how much I spend until later on.

YawYeet said:

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Gifting event says hi
    People keep bringing up Gifting, but they don't stop to consider the numbers. How many people would have hit TB with CM versus how many people are going to actually benefit from Gifting? Think.
    Did you even see the rewards for gifting event..just go look at the solo rank rewards.. Doesn't matter if I'm conqueror, UC, CV or TB.. If I spend money, I can get the best rewards in the game.. Even Hardest of the quests(Abyss 100%/Act6 100%) wont give me those rewards. Game balance and your statement
    "Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales"
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill
    120 people will get significant Rewards from Solo. 120, who will be spending tens of thousands of dollars to get it. The amount alone means they'll be earning it, but stop and think. 120 people, versus how many would have jumped to TB this weekend. I can assure you the number would have been much higher. There are always limitations to these things. Not even money can get past the game balance.
    Sir, game balance is a joke. See my post for more clarity.
    I've seen your Post. It lacks information.
    Gifting. Event. Cyber. Weekend. If you've seen these rewards and think that game balance is still in tact, you are braindead or don't play the game. Don't even get me started on beginner progression neither my guy
    I see. So you think because there are a limited amount available because of spending, game balance isn't a thing. You would be wrong. If game balance wasn't a thing, there would be no limitations on Resources. Everyone would be Thronebreaker, no one would have to wait for any Resource, no one would be able to play for free, and the Devs would work one day a week.
    Beginner progression is a) not the same as it used to be, and b) very different for someone learning to play the game and not starting an Alt. By all means, get started. Just have some substance to your conjecture.
    Game balance is totally in tact when you can spend your way to the top
    They gave t5c offers for purchase which bypasses the play wall

You can buy cavs after cavs and get champs, iso, gold, etc
    You for the most part don’t have to play much if at all to get a bomb account

People are mad and you aren’t gonna change that bickering
    They totally messed over a huge amount of players based on a ranked 3 6*
    That’s the issue and you really should just drop it because you aren’t helping
    Game balance has nothing to do with allowing F2P to catch up to, or go head-to-head with, spenders. There is no F2P vs. P2P. You just can't keep up with them. Nor is there a race to compete with the people already at Thronebreaker. Anyone who is well into the Title and never even batted an eyelash when it came out is not competing with people struggling to get their first R3. I think people are overestimating their position.
    Game balance changes as the situation changes. It's not even a specific number tally so much as it is keeping an overall pace for growth. Even the whaliest of whales can't change the fact that there are limits on how much you can buy. The idea that game balance is a myth is just petulant.
    Bro you aren’t even making sense anymore
    Like what’s your point?

The whaliest of whales have unbelievably advanced accounts. You can absolutely spend your way to a sick account.

I don’t have any issue allowing people to spend thousands a sitting on the game. I actually enjoy when they put it on YouTube because it feeds my itch to open crystals

But the issue, the reason for this thread
    Is because they last minute changed the bar by making a r3 6* a requirement to have access to these disgustingly good unit offers
    That’s the issue - people are upset that because they either have bad rng or won’t buy the t5c offers they are prevented from accessing the offers

Their 30$ doesn’t go nearly as far from cav to tb

If the unit based deals were different that’s one thing. But the unit store (real money) deals are drastically different and it’s a wall you can’t get passed if you get bad rng
    Ie you get the wrong class from abyss to a class you don’t have options for
    And using very valuable resources to r3 a trash champ is a huge “f that”

HOWEVER you can Buy the t5c offers and bypass the need to play anything
    The issue is they implement a last minute change to then leverage said change to further create disparity between the top players and the ones just a step away.
    30$ on the tb deals is arguably better than the cav Odin, and it’s real world money
    Not the f2p unit offers that you can save the in game currency up to purchase

But real money, sure they can do what they want but the players who keep their game running have a right to be upset and voice that here
    The top players will never compete with those that are close to TB.

What happens is those people get their first R3 and now they are in a 5x5 ally in war tearing up another ally that may not have those resources. It’s all about balance.
    How does an r3 equate to ruining other alliances in war? An r3 doesn’t immediately mean you’re gonna win
    Furthermore this forced equity is nonsense
    Give the offers to everyone and let the chips fall where they may - they should of let even brand new day 1 accounts purchase the tb offers imo

If someone wants to spend and excel let them
    But forcing balance has become extremely unbalanced - and has upset a huge portion of players because a last minute arbitrary change
    Right. Just give everyone what they want. Balance is a myth. We all play in a bubble. It's not like progress affects game systems or anything. Who cares about what state the game will be in after that? Who cares about the work it takes after peppering things through the ranks? Just let people have whatever they want, and do the work to fix everything after.
    Petulant.
    Balance is artificial. Just like the so called game economy. Cavs getting a r3 isn't going to be game breaking. They are just trying to make an artificial roadblock that is t5cc. You wont be soloing abyss or act 6 with a single r3 champ.
    Balance is artificial? Please tell me you're wearing your mask out in public.
    I bet you wear a mask in the car when driving
    No. That doesn't make sense to me either. The comment just sounded like a hoax approach.
  • For me, the unit deals were iffy but not really all too appeasing to me while the cahs deals for cav for a little bit better so I went with a few of those. The deals were prob great for new cav players. UT for potential mid cav to close to TB they were not the prettiest pearl in the pile. While it sucks though, kabam has already responded to this and really there isn't much more they can do or respond with besides reiterating what miike already said.

I bought the 1k Unit Offer and all the $10 ones. Which worked out to be about $42 CDN. I might double back for the $30, but leaning more towards not.
    I did the $10 ones as well since they honestly seemed to be the better of the offers. I was originally going to go for the $50 until I saw they took the 6* shards out and put 50k 5* shards and instead had 6* sig stones

For me, the unit deals were iffy but not really all too appeasing to me while the cahs deals for cav for a little bit better so I went with a few of those. The deals were prob great for new cav players. UT for potential mid cav to close to TB they were not the prettiest pearl in the pile. While it sucks though, kabam has already responded to this and really there isn't much more they can do or respond with besides reiterating what miike already said.

I did the $10 ones as well since they honestly seemed to be the better of the offers. I was originally going to go for the $50 until I saw they took the 6* shards out and put 50k 5* shards and instead had 6* sig stones
    I wasn't particularly motivated on that one either myself.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Did GroundedWisdom just admit that he’s actually on Kabams payroll? 😂😂😂

As for "allowing" people to spend, what part of spending requires permission from us?”
    Wonder who US is...?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Gifting event says hi
    People keep bringing up Gifting, but they don't stop to consider the numbers. How many people would have hit TB with CM versus how many people are going to actually benefit from Gifting? Think.
    Did you even see the rewards for gifting event..just go look at the solo rank rewards.. Doesn't matter if I'm conqueror, UC, CV or TB.. If I spend money, I can get the best rewards in the game.. Even Hardest of the quests(Abyss 100%/Act6 100%) wont give me those rewards. Game balance and your statement
    "Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales"
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill
    120 people will get significant Rewards from Solo. 120, who will be spending tens of thousands of dollars to get it. The amount alone means they'll be earning it, but stop and think. 120 people, versus how many would have jumped to TB this weekend. I can assure you the number would have been much higher. There are always limitations to these things. Not even money can get past the game balance.
    Sir, game balance is a joke. See my post for more clarity.
    I've seen your Post. It lacks information.
    Gifting. Event. Cyber. Weekend. If you've seen these rewards and think that game balance is still in tact, you are braindead or don't play the game. Don't even get me started on beginner progression neither my guy
    I see. So you think because there are a limited amount available because of spending, game balance isn't a thing. You would be wrong. If game balance wasn't a thing, there would be no limitations on Resources. Everyone would be Thronebreaker, no one would have to wait for any Resource, no one would be able to play for free, and the Devs would work one day a week.
    Beginner progression is a) not the same as it used to be, and b) very different for someone learning to play the game and not starting an Alt. By all means, get started. Just have some substance to your conjecture.
    Game balance is totally in tact when you can spend your way to the top
    They gave t5c offers for purchase which bypasses the play wall

You can buy cavs after cavs and get champs, iso, gold, etc
    You for the most part don’t have to play much if at all to get a bomb account

People are mad and you aren’t gonna change that bickering
    They totally messed over a huge amount of players based on a ranked 3 6*
    That’s the issue and you really should just drop it because you aren’t helping
    Game balance has nothing to do with allowing F2P to catch up to, or go head-to-head with, spenders. There is no F2P vs. P2P. You just can't keep up with them. Nor is there a race to compete with the people already at Thronebreaker. Anyone who is well into the Title and never even batted an eyelash when it came out is not competing with people struggling to get their first R3. I think people are overestimating their position.
    Game balance changes as the situation changes. It's not even a specific number tally so much as it is keeping an overall pace for growth. Even the whaliest of whales can't change the fact that there are limits on how much you can buy. The idea that game balance is a myth is just petulant.
    Bro you aren’t even making sense anymore
    Like what’s your point?

The whaliest of whales have unbelievably advanced accounts. You can absolutely spend your way to a sick account.

I don’t have any issue allowing people to spend thousands a sitting on the game. I actually enjoy when they put it on YouTube because it feeds my itch to open crystals

But the issue, the reason for this thread
    Is because they last minute changed the bar by making a r3 6* a requirement to have access to these disgustingly good unit offers
    That’s the issue - people are upset that because they either have bad rng or won’t buy the t5c offers they are prevented from accessing the offers

Their 30$ doesn’t go nearly as far from cav to tb

If the unit based deals were different that’s one thing. But the unit store (real money) deals are drastically different and it’s a wall you can’t get passed if you get bad rng
    Ie you get the wrong class from abyss to a class you don’t have options for
    And using very valuable resources to r3 a trash champ is a huge “f that”

HOWEVER you can Buy the t5c offers and bypass the need to play anything
    The issue is they implement a last minute change to then leverage said change to further create disparity between the top players and the ones just a step away.
    30$ on the tb deals is arguably better than the cav Odin, and it’s real world money
    Not the f2p unit offers that you can save the in game currency up to purchase

But real money, sure they can do what they want but the players who keep their game running have a right to be upset and voice that here
    The top players will never compete with those that are close to TB.

What happens is those people get their first R3 and now they are in a 5x5 ally in war tearing up another ally that may not have those resources. It’s all about balance.
    How does an r3 equate to ruining other alliances in war? An r3 doesn’t immediately mean you’re gonna win
    Furthermore this forced equity is nonsense
    Give the offers to everyone and let the chips fall where they may - they should of let even brand new day 1 accounts purchase the tb offers imo

If someone wants to spend and excel let them
    But forcing balance has become extremely unbalanced - and has upset a huge portion of players because a last minute arbitrary change
    It means you get access to more resources making it more difficult for your opponents to beat you. It allows you to stay in your bracket without jumping up to get those rewards , meaning again, the next tier of players can’t jump up.

It hasn’t upset anyone, but those who feel that they got the short end of the stick. The only people that should complain are ones that did abyss one run and act 6 100%. I feel bad for those people. For the sake of fun yes people should be getting TB, but from a business perspective you can’t do that or you literally destroy the lifecycle of the game.

I understand how you feel, but the truth is they could have kept act 6 the same and we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation. People could hardly get past the champion and mysterio boss, so they nerfed it. You think they nerfed it for TB players? Of course not. They did it to push their players that were stuck in progression.
    People will spend their way through aw regardless what rewards off the unit packs specifically do you have a problem with cav players getting?

The “lifecycle” of the game isn’t hindered by people spending a mortgage on the game a month or buying every offer available?
    Giving cav players (and I completed act 6 pre nerf) the tb deals - or making tb requirement simply “complete act 6” - is breaking the game?

It’s not, July 4 was insane - loads of people (including myself) juiced up like crazy that day
    It didn’t damage anything, and giving cav players the tb deals wouldn’t harm the game
    They already give major offers throughout the year that allows people to buy t5c and rank champs “unbalancing” the game
    I wanted to pop 100 on both my accounts
    But the cav Odin is worse than the tb 30$ pack

I’m close on both accounts to getting a t5c formed through good odds off the few % crystal given - and was planning to buy an Odin each to then do abyss and try and get tb
    But the offers were so bad it’s a no go at the idea of spending and getting like horrible in comparison rewards
    Actually they made it so you can’t spend your way to beat AW. You have limited items.

It is not breaking the game , but what it means is they cannot create content to accommodate someone who “completed “ act 6 vs someone who has 100% abyss. What this also means is content is more difficult for players who believe they have access to something like cavalier difficulty and then get slapped in the face and complain about how it’s a money grab. Lifecycle of the game is important. If those people who are spending boat loads of money on the game they want new content. When act 7 drops , Kabam doesn’t want new cav players in there. Because they end up quitting.

That’s good and keep working . Because the deals didn’t help you, that doesn’t mean they weren’t helpful. They are thinking cav players need to expand their rosters so those shards would be helpful. A T5cc won’t help you in 100% act 6. So they gave you resources to increase that breadth and depth.
    How do you buy items? .. units, how do you get units
    Grind or purchase
    And most competitive people purchase

“Kabam doesn’t want new players in there because they end up quitting”
    Do you have anything to back this up?

With enough units nearly any content can be completed circumstantially

The deals didn’t just not help me but didn’t help lots and lots of other people. Because I don’t have a single rank 3 I can’t access rewards but if I Paid my way though abyss I could potentially have one if I got the right class or rank a bunk class that I did get

You sound like grounded 2.0
    No one could pay to beat the champion boss. That was the first boss you couldn’t unit your way through. Skill and only skill.

Kabam has said multiple times throughout the forum who this new content is coming out for.

Well they didn’t actually said they were quitting, but specifically said they were eliminating pain points in act 6 to help summoners progress.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115

Also, setting the title at act 6 cometion is too low imo.

I think there are 2 issues to consider (among any number of others):
    1) where to set the title
    2) how to set the title

For #1, it's a consideration of (A) where and how Kabam wants to apply the split to the playerbase demographics, and (B) how players have personally experienced added title progression in the past.

With "B", players will likely feel agitation and a sense of despair/anger/etc., if they were more successful with passing earlier title progressions in the past. They will feel a loss in their prowess or a game that is changing to exclude them, and this will will leaving them dealing with feelings of rejection, failure, and/or betrayal.

For #2, if the title is set based on a small number of perceived arbitrary factors, then (A) those players falling short will feel arbitrarily or otherwise discriminated against (or otherwise failing), and (B) some number of the playerbase may react to the idea that the game is now creating arbitrary winners and losers outside of the customary competitive factors (ongoing cumulative outcome of spending, grinding, luck, and skill).

(NOTE: I did not apply "Disagree" or any other tag to your comment)
    Texas_11 said:

No one could pay to beat the champion boss.

This becomes a weird issue due to the nature of the game.

There are in fact some ways in which payment can provide more players a way to beat The Champion boss:
    1) Payment can provide much greater access to practicing the matchups (muscle memory*, focus allocation**, pattern familiarity, etc.)
    2) Payment can provide much better roster choices, boosts, etc. to provide some extra benefits in the fight
    2) Some players may have paid others to complete content for them, in violation of game policy

I personally don't think a hard "skill floor" gate (especially one that does not erode away over time) such as The Champion boss is a good fit for MCOC. But it depends on Kabam's goals.

I am currently recently stuck on The Champion fight. But I know from personal experience that it's just me getting down the patterns, muscle memory, focus allocation, etc. My current method is to review videos and use the daily 5 free duels to practice the patterns. If I paid, I could improve my rate of daily practicing. Or, if I could find a suitable The Champion in the quest maps to use (which actually was available last month's monthly side quest, but I didn't know I needed). But I am in no rush, so I will just get there slowly.

(NOTE: I did not apply "Disagree" or any other tag to your comment)

* muscle memory - a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition

** focus allocation - how the brain routes focus levels and allocation when juggling multiple different tasks; the more each task's required focus level can be reduced (through experience, knowledge, automation, etc.), the more focus that is freed up for other tasks or the less that the overall focus is taxed. For example, experienced drivers can access tasks at lower required focus levels in order to react to things. A computer's memory and its use in running multiple programs is another example of this.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115

@zaspacer I disagree, you can 100% pay your way through any fight in the game, if you really wanted you could do AOL or indeed 6.2.6 champion with anyone, it would take a lot of units, time and effort but you can get through them regardless.

I think what he’s saying is that because of the way the 6.2.6 boss worked, having to survive and dex 5 specials to win. It’s literally impossible for someone that doesn’t have some level of skill to complete. Maybe it’s different now, I don’t really know as I’ve not been back to chapter 2 since the changes as I’d already decided I wanted to 100% chapter 3 first.

Pretty much what Mr_Platypus said.

Basically, if you want to get detailed, what you do is put the playerbase into different conceptual pie charts. With each pie chart breaking down and dividing up the playerbase for different relevant factors needed in that fight. Things like dexterity, patience, interest, etc. All the different things that could result in a player not getting through the fight.

Then you just tally up all the non-overlapping players from each pie that don't make the cut. Maybe some just don't have the dexterity. Maybe some don't have the patience. Maybe some lose interest during the process and never return. Etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure we can all reference games where we just stopped playing. Maybe it we felt we'd never have the skills to hit a certain mark, or get past a certain level or level difficulty. Maybe we just didn't want to train up the skills. Maybe we got stuck and couldn't figure it out. Maybe we didn't have the patience to get through it. Maybe we just lost interest in playing the game. But you'll often find when you review this data across many players, that you start to see a pattern in the reasons for the failure: players quitting around the same time period, players quitting at a specific point in the progression, etc.

Lots of players never bowl a 300 or never dunk. Lots of players stop playing a game when its sequel comes out, or if it was a fad and the popularity dies out.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'm not saying that given infinite in-game resources that most players who ever hit The Champion boss couldn't just brute force him. I'm just saying that in game design you can tally up the projected value and impact of content to players, and adjust accordingly (or note the observed impact in testing or live, and then adjust then).

It can get really hard for some game developer staff to do there job really well, because many of them don't really play the game (or care to), or they have access to the game in god-mode, or they know how to beat a puzzle going in, or they are trying a new mechanic and don't know how players will react or how it will stack with other variables in the game, or they don't know what the game feels like for someone at a different level of ability than them and have weak play empathy, etc.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    So in July 4th they offered players the opportunity to get T5CC but now that they have Thronebreaker title, they don't want to give T5CC to Cav players. Makes absolutely no sense and is a joke. I had saved 15K units for this weekend but didnt get the offer. Gonna use these units for gifting event.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    They least they could do was put about 30k t5 catalyst shards in the 1k bundle
    But no it would 'break the game'
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    One of the reasons that the Thronebreaker rollout is such a scam is that without warning, they flipped the desirability of a first 3/45 on its head. Sure, we’d all like a better champ, but 3/45 isn’t that big of a leap over 2/35, and 6-stars are hard to dupe and boost sig levels without spending big.

Prior to the title being announced, my plan was to just piddle along accruing t5cc in all classes then choose my best from each class to rank, going from no 3/45 champs to having 4-5 in a short window of time after a very long wait.

Now we’ve got deals, glory store benefits, and crystals to incentivize making the otherwise-irrational decision to rank up a substandard champ.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

One of the reasons that the Thronebreaker rollout is such a scam is that without warning, they flipped the desirability of a first 3/45 on its head. Sure, we’d all like a better champ, but 3/45 isn’t that big of a leap over 2/35, and 6-stars are hard to dupe and boost sig levels without spending big.

Prior to the title being announced, my plan was to just piddle along accruing t5cc in all classes then choose my best from each class to rank, going from no 3/45 champs to having 4-5 in a short window of time after a very long wait.

Now we’ve got deals, glory store benefits, and crystals to incentivize making the otherwise-irrational decision to rank up a substandard champ.

Or you could just you know, continue what you were doing and get to that rankup naturally instead of trying to rush and force it
  • Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 120 ★★
    I know I'm in the minority as I have chosen to not chase T5CC for now..... I was just planning on getting the 5* options if they offered a similar to the 4th deal. So I took the weekend off the game and revisited the offer this morning.
    If my back of the napkin notes are right, the general trade off is lose 3 5* Nexus and 3 T5B for a net gain of 5k 5* shards and 23k 6* shards?
    If they had left the T5B probably would have pulled the trigger. Now? Still on the sidelines and let my unit card expire.
    Oh well....
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It’s also natural for the mind to extrapolate. We always saw progress in deals that reflected the evolving resource meta. We expected t5cc to feature prominently in the deals, and they didn’t.

The fear now is that these deals serve as an announcement that this is what cavalier deals look like moving forward - a focus on 5-stars and t2a even though game progression requires t5b and title progression requires t5cc.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    The deals for TB weren't any good. Nothing for a progressing player.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    I think that's exactly the nail on the head...If this is what cyber weekend deals look like for cavalier, what are just the run in the mill offers gonna look like...man, I really don't think I've ever felt so disappointed with the game moving forward.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I love how so many people love to take shots at those that blitz new content as soon as it comes out and then get frustrated bc they're bored. Just take your time, no need to rush through content like that, it's your own fault is what I see all the time.

Now that there's a new title everyone that sits on content, which is a whole lot of those same people, is scrambling trying to rush to get a R3.

I agree, a lot of people were crying because they stayed Cavalier and didn't do their rank up. I told people they should just rank 3 whoever they had so they can get access to better rewards but everyone thought Kabam would be fair and give great unit deals for Cavalier and free to play? Shocker that they didn't lol.

My only fear is that the unit deals are too good. I went up in prestige almost 1,000 points and I had 2 people in my alliance go up 1400. I still want end game content to matter. That's my only issue.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I love how so many people love to take shots at those that blitz new content as soon as it comes out and then get frustrated bc they're bored. Just take your time, no need to rush through content like that, it's your own fault is what I see all the time.

Now that there's a new title everyone that sits on content, which is a whole lot of those same people, is scrambling trying to rush to get a R3.

Also, I'm completely done with everything in the game now so for a week I'll see how you end gamers feel haha.
This discussion has been closed.