**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7 chapter 1 is a complete fail

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Literally the most disagreed post since i joined Forums .
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Oh my god I've never seen so many disagrees, good job OP

Rohit_316 said:

You guys must not have seen the "Nerf Doom or give everyone Doom" post. It had almost 300. It was hilarious.
    Yes i remember that post ..was like few weeks back only ..but i didn't notice the dislikes..can somebody dig that ? 🤣
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Andrario said:

Dont run from this thread you moron, defend your argument, dont hit and run like a kid

Bring here prove you complete 7.1 with rank 1 *5 itemless, just one path, i'll make it easy for you

why rank 1?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Rohit_316 said:

You guys must not have seen the "Nerf Doom or give everyone Doom" post. It had almost 300. It was hilarious.
    Yes i remember that post ..was like few weeks back only ..but i didn't notice the dislikes..can somebody dig that ? 🤣
    I mean it was 3 months ago but close enough. Thank you for finding it :D
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    People who are saying book 2 isn't enjoyable and too easy are literally attention you know who. They don't have understanding of the game. Book 2 .1 is what act 6 lacked and that's fun. People actually enjoy it and it includes people as skilled as KT1.
  • Options

101 dislikes more
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Of course people are disagreeing with OP. He's saying you should work for rewards instead of getting them for essentially free.

People like free stuff instead of difficult content.

It's an unpopular opinion, but OP is absolutely correct (Bring on the disagrees).
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Wouldn't be surprised if this crosses 200 disagrees
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    OP doesn’t deliver once more. And he was close to competing with the “ever nerf doom or give everyone doom” guy.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    IKON said:

Of course people are disagreeing with OP. He's saying you should work for rewards instead of getting them for essentially free.

It's an unpopular opinion, but OP is absolutely correct (Bring on the disagrees).

This has nothing to do with the rewards.
    Act 7 was very enjoyable, even if the rewards were much worse than they are.
    I wouldn't have explored pre nerf act 6 even if it gave me 100 6* crystals because it was incredibly stressful and frustrating, I don't know about you but I play games for fun.
    So stop acting as if you're superior to everyone else because you payed your way through a game, just let other people enjoy act 7 without you telling them they haven't "earned the rewards"
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★

GOTG said:

Dear Kabam,

I beat your newest permanent content several days ago, and already forgot almost everything about it. The only thing I remember is I ranked 3 Ghost which did not give me the joy I want. She is unnecessary.

You are in a downfall, if you can realize that. Your content was once great. Like the Collector 5.2.6, I still remember the fight as it has just happened yesterday, my hand was shaking throughout. Or The Champion 6.2.6. I am a humble man, so I did not show proud in my previous alliance when two third of them could not beat him for months. But I was proud. You created a great fight, players need skill to make it done. Right now you do not need anything to make anything done. Like you eat breakfast on a table that you mom serve it. I feel emptiness.

After Abyss, I went through many months without great joy. From the game of course. Variant 5 was easy. Act 7 was easy. Cavalier difficutly is easy. This month I went through it without spending anything. No item, no thought, just did it as a routine.

Ok so many gave you praise, which I do understand somehow, but I personally think you have done a bad thing for the game. And for me as well. I love to play hard fights. I am not the best player in the world but I love it. You make a game that there is nothing memorable about it, so players can leave without regret.

Don't blame Kabam, blame the community. They are the ones that made Kabam nerf act 6 and make book 2 the way it is.
    Stop it. Every comment you're bashing the community. We, "the community" can't make Kabam do anything unless they actually want to. We asked to remove the reduced regen rate on DDHK, that didn't happen. We asked them for a points multiplier in shards arena, that didn't happen. We asked for a better evaluation of deals for Cav compared to TB, that didn't happen.

I'm not gonna argue whether doing any of that is correct or wrong since those are divisive issues. But bottom line is we cannot make them do anything. We can complain on the forums, and they'll take the decisions they have to. It's not a good look always bashing the player base.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

Dear Kabam,

I beat your newest permanent content several days ago, and already forgot almost everything about it. The only thing I remember is I ranked 3 Ghost which did not give me the joy I want. She is unnecessary.

You are in a downfall, if you can realize that. Your content was once great. Like the Collector 5.2.6, I still remember the fight as it has just happened yesterday, my hand was shaking throughout. Or The Champion 6.2.6. I am a humble man, so I did not show proud in my previous alliance when two third of them could not beat him for months. But I was proud. You created a great fight, players need skill to make it done. Right now you do not need anything to make anything done. Like you eat breakfast on a table that you mom serve it. I feel emptiness.

After Abyss, I went through many months without great joy. From the game of course. Variant 5 was easy. Act 7 was easy. Cavalier difficutly is easy. This month I went through it without spending anything. No item, no thought, just did it as a routine.

Ok so many gave you praise, which I do understand somehow, but I personally think you have done a bad thing for the game. And for me as well. I love to play hard fights. I am not the best player in the world but I love it. You make a game that there is nothing memorable about it, so players can leave without regret.

Don't blame Kabam, blame the community. They are the ones that made Kabam nerf act 6 and make book 2 the way it is.
    Stop it. Every comment you're bashing the community. We, "the community" can't make Kabam do anything unless they actually want to. We asked to remove the reduced regen rate on DDHK, that didn't happen. We asked them for a points multiplier in shards arena, that didn't happen. We asked for a better evaluation of deals for Cav compared to TB, that didn't happen.

I'm not gonna argue whether doing any of that is correct or wrong since those are divisive issues. But bottom line is we cannot make them do anything. We can complain on the forums, and they'll take the decisions they have to. It's not a good look always bashing the player base.
    Clearly you didn't understand my point towards what OP said. There are things that the community has had changed-
    Act 6.
    Book 2.
    Summoner Showdown difficulty.
    Variant difficulty.
    Plenty more.

My point to the OP is that if he/she wants to be upset with someone, they should be upset with the community. The difficulty of Book 2 is in direct correlation of the nerfs to Act 6. We won't be presented with truly hard content probably for as long as the game exists. They tried with the Summoner showdown and even though you get 5 champs to take down 1, the community complained and the fight was nerfed so far below anything that could be considered a challenge. Book 2 was done the same way.

I like book 2. I feel like it's challenging in the fact that you need to think about the champs you'll bring instead of the same ones time after time. It's not built for Ghost just to run every path or CG. It makes many champs good for the content. But I also feel the fights aren't that challenging for the type of content it is.
  • Options
    Meebleton said:

IKON said:

I wouldn't have explored pre nerf act 6 even if it gave me 100 6* crystals because it was incredibly stressful and frustrating, I don't know about you but I play games for fun.
    So stop acting as if you're superior to everyone else because you payed your way through a game, just let other people enjoy act 7 without you telling them they haven't "earned the rewards"
    I play games that are hard for the challenge.

There are multiple types of games that exist, I gravitate towards games that are difficult, sometimes to the extreme. In another thread, cuphead was mentioned, Super Meat Boy is also a game I thoroughly enjoyed BECAUSE of the difficulty.

Up until Act 7 was released, that kind of difficulty was found in story content.

I understand that the majority of players hated act 6, and I can even get on board with the idea that story content is not where that type of difficulty should exist. The problem being, if not in story content, then where?

- Variant 5 is very similar to Act 7 content, big health pools, with big assists if you bring the right champs.
    - the "of Legends" series is great, but there was a couple year gap between Labyrinth and Abyss.
    - Summer of Pain sounds good, but if we're only going to see this content once a year it's not really enough to keep me interested.

I want you to be able to enjoy the game, but I want to enjoy the game that I was playing last year too.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Tryna see the disagrees hit to 200
    😳
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    IKON said:

Meebleton said:

IKON said:

There are multiple types of games that exist, I gravitate towards games that are difficult, sometimes to the extreme. In another thread, cuphead was mentioned, Super Meat Boy is also a game I thoroughly enjoyed BECAUSE of the difficulty.

Up until Act 7 was released, that kind of difficulty was found in story content.

I understand that the majority of players hated act 6, and I can even get on board with the idea that story content is not where that type of difficulty should exist. The problem being, if not in story content, then where?

- Variant 5 is very similar to Act 7 content, big health pools, with big assists if you bring the right champs.
    - the "of Legends" series is great, but there was a couple year gap between Labyrinth and Abyss.
    - Summer of Pain sounds good, but if we're only going to see this content once a year it's not really enough to keep me interested.

I want you to be able to enjoy the game, but I want to enjoy the game that I was playing last year too.
    I think you're right that there does need to be something more difficult to cater to those at the top, something akin to what variant 1 was at the time of it's release.

But there's a big difference between games like the one you mentioned and MCOC. That being potions/revives. In most console games you can just try the level again if you fail, even if it takes you a hundred tries. With MCOC doing content like act 6 is going to cost you a lot, and it takes so long to farm the units and items you need. So watching them drain away is soul crushing, you feel like you've totally wasted all the time it took you to get them. Whales can't understand this because if something goes wrong they just buy what they need to keep going instead of having to spend a month in the arena for another attempt.
  • Options
    NikhilNikhil Posts: 101
    GOTG said:

Dear Kabam,

I'm sorry but majority player base who have busy, sometimes stressful life on an average day, can't breathe and live in a mobile game like you do. I love challenges, but I love having fun more. Act 7 is the perfect example of how they can balance both. If you just want to live in this game, use 2 * champs and explore it again. Dont reply on this bcz I won't be here for few months.
  • Options
    SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    OP needs to stop using op champs. Lame
  • Options
    walkerdog said:

IKON said:

Meebleton said:

IKON said:

I literally do not think that big franchise games should be that level of difficult in any normal modes. The summoner showdown competitor area are the only types of things that the difficulty you want should show up. Possibly in Platinum 1 and above AW, and if they ever do Map 8 in AQ too. Maybeeeee it should otherwise show up in 1-2 lanes per chapter in story content but not very much.

This literally shouldn't be the game for what you're seeking in large part.

Those kind of games appeal to a small small part of the customer base (theres a reason that games trend towards being "too easy" rather than too hard, and that there's only a handful/tear that might be what u want - people don't like spending $$ on that difficulty as a whole).
    I'm not really here to argue the merits of whether it should or shouldn't be, simply because that's what Act 6 was. The story mode was very difficult, and I looked forward to it. What existed in the game looks like it never may come again and I find it disappointing.
  • Options
    Meebleton said:

IKON said:

Meebleton said:

IKON said:

I think you're right that there does need to be something more difficult to cater to those at the top, something akin to what variant 1 was at the time of it's release.

But there's a big difference between games like the one you mentioned and MCOC. That being potions/revives. In most console games you can just try the level again if you fail, even if it takes you a hundred tries. With MCOC doing content like act 6 is going to cost you a lot, and it takes so long to farm the units and items you need. So watching them drain away is soul crushing, you feel like you've totally wasted all the time it took you to get them. Whales can't understand this because if something goes wrong they just buy what they need to keep going instead of having to spend a month in the arena for another attempt.
    I would not consider myself a whale, I spend, but moderately. I grind units, about 1500 a week from arena, and farm revives from story content if I need to. Maybe that's unhealthy for the game, but it having to do that made me appreciate beating the content more.

I made at least a post or two complaining about the champion fight in the past for example, I thought it was totally unfair and BS. And then I actually was able to beat it. I can remember my heart racing, exactly where I was, and most importantly, how amazing I felt for finally beating something I thought was impossible, and how disappointing it is that I don't think anything close to that fight is coming again.
  • Options
    PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    IKON said:

I can remember my heart racing, exactly where I was, and most importantly, how amazing I felt for finally beating something I thought was impossible, and how disappointing it is that I don't think anything close to that fight is coming again.

Have you considered taking up rock climbing?
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Rohit_316 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Rohit_316 said:

@Rohit_316 here you go
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1400699
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Millybear said:

Millybear said:

GOTG said:

Dear Kabam,

I know this is a very controversial thing to say, but honestly I agree with you. I personally kinda enjoyed playing act 7 since the fights were really fun, but I didn't feel like I was reaching a new milestone of progression in-game. Kabam made the act 7 fights easier than act 6 fights so people would "like" it more, but it doesn't make any sense to make the fights easier. Act content is supposed to get increasingly more difficult, otherwise it isn't really progression based content... I honestly liked act 6 more than act 7
    You realize that with book 2 kabam has stated 31727891736221 times that they’re going into a different direction than previous acts right? Act 6 after 6.1 was a nightmarish hell for anyone without a large dolphin or whale roster. Act 6 especially 6.3 and 6.4 got very bad feedback because of how blatantly stupid some of the s*** there was. Kabam saw that feedback ON TOP of the bad feedback from the original act 7 beta. Why do you think TB was so different from previous progression titles? Because they’re going in a different direction and rightfully so.

Another thing. You refer to act 7 as a whole in your message and not specifically 7.1 when only 1/4 of the entire thing has been released. You still got 75% left to see my friend. Act 7.1 exchanges a little bit of difficulty for more fun and engaging content. Act 7.1 still requires a diverse roster of champs and actually gets you to reach a bit lower in your champ list than you usually would. Act 7.1 resembles 5.1 and 6.1 in a way that all of them brought something unique in content that we haven’t really seen before which I really enjoy. Kabam is still trying to find the proper balance between difficulty and fun and which is okay, but regardless a very large portion of the community feels this is a step in the right direction.
    If you honestly think that everything after 6.1 was a nightmarish hell, then you weren't ready for it. that's kinda the whole point of progression-based content. If you're not ready for it, then don't try to beat it and then complain that you can't.
    I was referring to it as act 7 because, as you said yourself, kabam wants to go in a completely different direction with book 2, so that means the rest of act 7 will look a lot like 7.1. If the majority of the community thinks it is a step in the right direction, then I guess I'm one of the few people that actually likes the challenge instead of just getting good rewards
    How do you explain not being able to explore quests because of champion requirements? I'm sitting waiting here for a single champ that I want for more than 6 months, not complaining, but it's rng so I accept it. However, if story mode is restricting me because of that one champ, I'm sorry, but that outright sucks.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Rohit_316 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Rohit_316 said:

@Rohit_316 here you go
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1400699
    @Kill_Grey yeah i dig that bro 🤣
  • Options
    walkerdog said:

IKON said:

Meebleton said:

IKON said:

Meebleton said:

IKON said:

I would not consider myself a whale, I spend, but moderately. I grind units, about 1500 a week from arena, and farm revives from story content if I need to. Maybe that's unhealthy for the game, but it having to do that made me appreciate beating the content more.

I made at least a post or two complaining about the champion fight in the past for example, I thought it was totally unfair and BS. And then I actually was able to beat it. I can remember my heart racing, exactly where I was, and most importantly, how amazing I felt for finally beating something I thought was impossible, and how disappointing it is that I don't think anything close to that fight is coming again.
    But think about what you're saying - a Wildman like yourself, who enjoys getting their skull caved in and who farms 6k units/month STILL FELT LIKR THAT FIGHT WAS BS!! The fact that you eventually pushed thru and enjoyed it shouldn't overwhelm how insane it would be to put out content like that more than once in a great while in challenges, in one path here or there, and maybe at the highest level of AQ/AW.
    I have found myself coming to agree with the idea that Act 6 style content should be placed outside the scope of the story mode content.

I still want it to exist somewhere, at a higher frequency of release than the "of Legends" series.