**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unpopular opinion: ghost is overrated

Comments

• Options
    HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 117

ok so here's a video of me playing ghost. I know its really bad and probably not tge best rotation. please ignore the texts. also I have to pause like 3 times because my dog is eating my food. sorry. but feel free to critique it (I'd prefer that yall not be terribly mean but if you must then go for it)

https://youtu.be/1B9UA-L02n0

Few things:

1. "I can't phase intercept" yeaaa bs. Lol. You're doing it in this vid.
    2. The fact that you're testing a r1 Ghost against Winter Soldier to demonstrate her damage potential/gameplay kinda proves your problem. She can do it, I've done quite a few full RoL runs with her. But the AI is insanely passive, you need to actually use her in literally everything else than RoL to see what she can do compared to other champs. Just because she can dish out big numbers, doesn't mean RoL has to be the place to do it.
    3. Your rotation is fine. Don't be scared to take another hit into your phase, use the phase as a primary tool, not as a safety net. Go to more aggressive AI and be more aggressive yourself. I personally went up against Labyrinth Red Hulk a bunch of times and that helped me way more. Don't parry as much.
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Here's a hot take. Ghost and Quake are both way overrated lol
  • Options
    YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★

This was a badly done brag post.

its not a brag post he just told everyone that hes trash at the game.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    You're playing her fine. She NEEDS dupe, needs the power gain from phase, thats the main thing that makes her special. Sig100+.
    Oh yeah, suicides wouldnt hurt either.

Keep in mind that many champs don't become all that they can be until they get awakened (Corvus, CMm, NF), or awakened + high sig (Ghost, Omega, CAiw, Namor).
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

silentag said:

Sorry, but based on your post history, you seem to fundamentally not understand the champ, and that’s ok. But it seems a little hard to qualify your post if you first don’t seem to have a firm grasp of the use of ghost. And that’s ok, give it some more time and actually explore using the champ. If you can dupe her and learn to use her, I think you will find so much content getting much easier for you. But posting that a champ is overrated when you haven’t taken the time to learn them seems a little shortsighted. I’m sure if you framed this as asking for help to learn how to use her, a number of the community would come together to give you a leg up.

I spent an entire day dueling winter soldier with her and the only way she's able to get a sp2 without parry is wasp synergy. I understand how she works.
    these two sentences contradict one another

You clearly don't know how she works if you can't use Ghost's specials without wasp and without parrying.
    not everyone has insanely high skill
    you don't need it lol
    I do need it. Im not very skilled at the game despite being cav. also why is everyone mad at me not hating quake. bc im not good with ghost means I cant like any other high skill characters? I'm not saying I can play them, just that they seem like good counters
    no, you really don't need that much skill to play ghost. of course if you're good with her you can end every fight with a yellow bar, but if you're not panda man pete, you can parry or not play perfectly all the time. literally all you need to do is do phase intercept which is really easy once you try her
    I cant phase intercept at all. also I just took down winter soldier with her and it took her over 300 hits
    That's just sad. If you cant phase intercept you probably can't even intercept at all cuz ghosts "intercepts" are just let a champ hit her and then dash in to retaliate.
  • Options
    ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★

silentag said:

Sorry, but based on your post history, you seem to fundamentally not understand the champ, and that’s ok. But it seems a little hard to qualify your post if you first don’t seem to have a firm grasp of the use of ghost. And that’s ok, give it some more time and actually explore using the champ. If you can dupe her and learn to use her, I think you will find so much content getting much easier for you. But posting that a champ is overrated when you haven’t taken the time to learn them seems a little shortsighted. I’m sure if you framed this as asking for help to learn how to use her, a number of the community would come together to give you a leg up.

I spent an entire day dueling winter soldier with her and the only way she's able to get a sp2 without parry is wasp synergy. I understand how she works.

You clearly don't know how she works if you can't use Ghost's specials without wasp and without parrying.
    you don't need it lol
    I do need it. Im not very skilled at the game despite being cav. also why is everyone mad at me not hating quake. bc im not good with ghost means I cant like any other high skill characters? I'm not saying I can play them, just that they seem like good counters
    no, you really don't need that much skill to play ghost. of course if you're good with her you can end every fight with a yellow bar, but if you're not panda man pete, you can parry or not play perfectly all the time. literally all you need to do is do phase intercept which is really easy once you try her
    I cant phase intercept at all. also I just took down winter soldier with her and it took her over 300 hits
    That's just sad. If you cant phase intercept you probably can't even intercept at all cuz ghosts "intercepts" are just let a champ hit her and then dash in to retaliate.
    I can phase intercept. I just meant I cant intercept with a sp2.
  • Options
    ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★

This was a badly done brag post.

its not a brag post he just told everyone that hes trash at the game.
    bc I cant play ghost perfectly doesn't mean I'm the worst. everyone always takes it that way too
  • Options
    Alpha129Alpha129 Posts: 25
    We about to fight lol
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Tiger360 said:

Etjama said:

Tiger360 said:

Etjama said:

The only reason she's overrated is because some people think she's better than Quake. Other than that, no.

It's valid to think that she is because she literally does stuff Quake can do but better lol
    And Quake does so much that Ghost can't do. You cannot beat the combination of 100% AAR and no contact whatsoever. If I am going into a quest blind and can only bring 1 champ, even if I can bring all the synergies in the world for em, you can bet your a*s I'm bringing Quake. The amount of sh*t she counters is insane and the amount of stuff she counters in the whole, "One champ, one node, worst combo" thread just proves that.
    Ghost already does 95% of the games content better. Quake does more on paper but I’d only bring her for the stuff ghost can’t do. There’s also stuff Quake can’t do (unless you want to spend a day on 1 fight) e.g abyss
    Just because Ghost can finish fights faster doesn't mean she's "better". Quake, while she has weaknesses like every other champ, can handle much more and make the hardest of fights and the hardest content a cakewalk. And I for one just took the last 90% off Abyss Thing with Quake after an epic fail of a practice run with Ægon. Do that repeatedly and she can handle most fights in Abyss. Who cares how long it takes? She's still the best option.
    She's not the best option for people who value their time and thumbs....christ how long did that Thing fight take, 20 minutes???
  • Options
    she needs full mastery to unlock her maximum damage potential and btw she is not cheap 😂😂
  • Options
    Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Get gud
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

The fact that 18 ppl agree with this guy dissapoints me

Scrubs in arms.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Lo4eath said:

Here's a hot take. Ghost and Quake are both way overrated lol

@Lo4eath dare you to start a new post with this statement 😁
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    She MAY be overrated, but your reasoning makes no sense:
    Synergies - doesnt need any, but wasp is very recommendable. Rest is situational (Hood I'd say isnt necessary if you dont run auicides)
    AI - is pretty aggressive in endgameish content, you just need to combo properly
    Debuffs - just no. She got enough damage on her own. It's like saying that Elsa is useless unless she bleeds.
    Stun immune - doesnt affect her at all tbh. Ideally you don't wanna parry at all w Ghost. And for SP2 you really dont need it.
    Armorbreaks: Most are on-hit, with couple exceptions: arcsin(x), but he is cosmic, so class disadvantage and 2 nodes (crumbling armor and sth I just forgot sorry)
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

silentag said:

Imagine thinking that not being able to get hit for 2 seconds is “insanely high skill”

Oh, and you get free power when they miss
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    The way I see it, as long as there is no armor break she isn't overrated... and that's like a majority of content lol. She absolutely dominates.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Someone play Kurt Angles theme song
  • Options
    Professorpro_789Professorpro_789 Posts: 38
    edited December 2020

I know I'm about to get like 200 disagrees but in my opinion, ghost is pretty overrated. She needs almost all of her synergies to get her major benefits, requires an insane amount of skill to play, requires the ai to play along, needs wasp or the enemy not to be stun immune so that she can throw off sp2 properly, needs debuff heavy match-ups to convert into furys for the massive damage, and gets completely shut down by any armor breaks.. Before anyone says im just mad because I don't have her, I have a 6 star version but I barely use her because of all of the requirements to have a really good match-up with her.

Bro it's just totally wrong . Ghost just bang💥💥💥most opponents . But to unskilled player she is pretty much noob🙂🙂 and secondly she requires synergy but it is not mandatory. I use my Ghost without synergy.
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★

I know I'm about to get like 200 disagrees but in my opinion, ghost is pretty overrated. She needs almost all of her synergies to get her major benefits, requires an insane amount of skill to play, requires the ai to play along, needs wasp or the enemy not to be stun immune so that she can throw off sp2 properly, needs debuff heavy match-ups to convert into furys for the massive damage, and gets completely shut down by any armor breaks.. Before anyone says im just mad because I don't have her, I have a 6 star version but I barely use her because of all of the requirements to have a really good match-up with her.

Popular Opinion : You are a 20 IQ simp.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    So here's my two cents:

Ghost needs her dupe more than people say.

The biggest draw for Ghost is managing to avoid nearly all damage while firing off massive specials that do great damage while being mostly suicide-friendly, right?

My problem here is power and time.

Ghost gaining power from misses is one of the singular greatest assets to her kit, because it allows her to do what she does best while minimizing her time out of Phase and thus being vulnerable. The quicker she gets her specials, the quicker the enemy dies, and the less time there is for something to go wrong.

Source: Owning an R3 unduped and realizing it takes longer than I like to get my special attacks off, especially that I can't just single hit back up like I want to.
  • Options
    leejpriceleejprice Posts: 43

Feel you man.....
    I'd gladly swap my 6* Ghost, for pretty much any other 6*, heck even any other 5*.
    She sucks balls.
    I've practiced and practiced but unless the AI plays along she's useless.

She's only any use to sweaty whales with too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Etjama said:

Tiger360 said:

Etjama said:

Tiger360 said:

Etjama said:

The only reason she's overrated is because some people think she's better than Quake. Other than that, no.

It's valid to think that she is because she literally does stuff Quake can do but better lol
    And Quake does so much that Ghost can't do. You cannot beat the combination of 100% AAR and no contact whatsoever. If I am going into a quest blind and can only bring 1 champ, even if I can bring all the synergies in the world for em, you can bet your a*s I'm bringing Quake. The amount of sh*t she counters is insane and the amount of stuff she counters in the whole, "One champ, one node, worst combo" thread just proves that.
    Ghost already does 95% of the games content better. Quake does more on paper but I’d only bring her for the stuff ghost can’t do. There’s also stuff Quake can’t do (unless you want to spend a day on 1 fight) e.g abyss
    Just because Ghost can finish fights faster doesn't mean she's "better". Quake, while she has weaknesses like every other champ, can handle much more and make the hardest of fights and the hardest content a cakewalk. And I for one just took the last 90% off Abyss Thing with Quake after an epic fail of a practice run with Ægon. Do that repeatedly and she can handle most fights in Abyss. Who cares how long it takes? She's still the best option.
    Proof you did Thing with Quake? And how long did it take? As I said, I’m not trying to argue I just love using ghost, Quake doesn’t do much more content because Ghost can handle most of the games content already more efficiently, which makes her better for most of the game, and Quake is better for the 4% of the games content she can do that ghost can’t. You can’t say Quake is the best option when ghost can do it faster and is less risky because you almost can’t mess up with her phase whilst with Quake you either use the dex method which no one on earth can do perfectly or parry method where you lose health (not much but still)
    I'm sorry but this is the most braindead comment by someone that obviously can't use quake, i mean we have people who can quake with heavy only and yet you think no one can play a perfect heavy dex fight with her?? Jeeez all those solos with her against so so many champs in all areas of the game must be magic.

Jog on you muppet.
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    I don't have a 5* ghost or a 6* ghost. Then there are people like you, who have her and don't want her or don't wanna learn to use her. I got nothing else to say other than -'Understand and learn to use the champion first then criticize their design/damage'
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    leejprice said:

Feel you man.....
    I'd gladly swap my 6* Ghost, for pretty much any other 6*, heck even any other 5*.
    She sucks balls.
    I've practiced and practiced but unless the AI plays along she's useless.

She's only any use to sweaty whales with too much time on their hands.
    You will take 6* karnak ? Get outta her lol