**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Event Rewards are an Insult

Superman_BlueSuperman_Blue Posts: 120
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
25% tc55 selector for top alliances...... really? It’s like Kabam pays no mind to how much the players spend to rank that high. Like hey spend over $2-3k per member for a total of $60k-90k per alliance and here’s a trash champ and only 25% of a t5cc that you want.... really Kabam?? Like 2020 wasn’t the worst year already smh. Cost you guys nothing to produce better rewards yet you make millions from the trash in game. Be nice! It’s been a horrible year more so for many of us.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Go refer to the t5cc selector in the solo events
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

@Superman_Blue you are not forced to spend that money on the game. You know that right?

If it is not worth it to you, don`t spend on it.

Oh I know lol. It’s just insulting that’s all. They make millions off of a mobile game. Isn’t breaking their bank to be more generous
    They literally gave a t5cc selector to the top 30 in solo ranked rewards as well as a 6 star Thanos and multiple 6 stars and rank up materials.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

25% tc55 selector for top alliances...... really? It’s like Kabam pays no mind to how much the players spend to rank that high. Like hey spend over $2-3k per member for a total of $60k-90k per alliance and here’s a trash champ and only 25% of a t5cc that you want.... really Kabam?? Like 2020 wasn’t the worst year already smh. Cost you guys nothing to produce better rewards yet you make millions from the trash in game. Be nice! It’s been a horrible year more so for many of us.

If anybody has enough money to spend $2-3k on a silly game like this I have zero sympathy for them
    ok?
  • This isn’t a mandatory event... I don’t hav $85k to throw at a mobile video game so I won’t... doesn’t mean I’ll say “unfair”. Someone wants to take the risk and the waste of money to leak away $85k that’s on them. I won’t lose a bit of sleep over it.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2020
    It’s called the class divide. Most of the people who are going to be in the top 100 are comfortably millionaires or successful Youtubers for whom the spend is tax deductible and will contribute to their own income. There’ll be the odd person who get in over their head but sadly there’s always people who get excited.

It’s a blind auction, plain and simple. Most of us can’t compete and to think otherwise could put you in potentially dangerous territory.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    if these rewards are so bad then why get angry at those paying so high for it?
  • I’d like to preface this comment by stating that I’m only playing Devil’s advocate. For all those that are coming down on people who are upset about the very embarrassing rewards for this gifting event I’d like to point out that kabam and every other digital platform uses surveillance capitalism and data mining that focuses on exploitation and manipulation of its users for financial gain. If you think this is nonsense look up the course at Stanford university called neuroeconomics. These companies prey on our base brain with incentive salience.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    If you can spend that much don’t complain and involve the ones that r out of jobs

Can you be a bigger (bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep)
    Than this guy
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★

Shamir51 said:

It’s designed that way for alliances. Go check solo rewards.

Also if you don’t like it, don’t participate.

Solo rewards are trash too. Have to waste a minimum of $20k for top places. And that’s like saying “hey you don’t like dinner then don’t eat”.
    Ok when I was a kid if I didn’t like what dinner was I didn’t magically get something new.
    I ate it or didn’t eat dinner.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Shamir51 said:

It’s designed that way for alliances. Go check solo rewards.

Also if you don’t like it, don’t participate.

Solo rewards are trash too. Have to waste a minimum of $20k for top places. And that’s like saying “hey you don’t like dinner then don’t eat”.
    Ok when I was a kid if I didn’t like what dinner was I didn’t magically get something new.
    I ate it or didn’t eat dinner.

This.
  • I’d like to preface this comment by stating that I’m only playing Devil’s advocate. For all those that are coming down on people who are upset about the very embarrassing rewards for this gifting event I’d like to point out that kabam and every other digital platform uses surveillance capitalism and data mining that focuses on exploitation and manipulation of its users for financial gain. If you think this is nonsense look up the course at Stanford university called neuroeconomics. These companies prey on our base brain with incentive salience.

It may be a university course, but doesn't mean it applies to this situation or has anything to do with it.