Missing Persistant Charges? Help find the Cause of the Bug!

Comments

• Macho_Man345Macho_Man345 Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2021
    Username: Macho_Man345
    Date/Time: March 18th – 10:00 PM PST
    Champion Involved: 5-Star Awakened Wolverine, 6-Star Unawakened Apocalypse
    Opponent Champion: Mutant Symbioid, Immortal Hulk
    Game Mode: AQ Map 5, Incursions Sector 7

Wolverine was unable to gain the horsemen ability after it was activated. Apocalypse had 4 persistent charges. The little yellow diamond never showed up. I found a workaround by activating the horsemen ability, backing out of the fight screen, and then re-entering it. The diamond appeared then and Wolverine gained the horsemen ability when he entered the fight.

Here's the horsemen ability not activating correctly.

Here's what happens when you back out of the fight and re-enter.

• RockDocRockDoc Member Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra is there any update on this yet?? It's been WEEKS with this issue and it's very frustrating! I don't understand how this issue it taking this long to solve.
  • Nightwalker02Nightwalker02 Member Posts: 9
    Username: Nightwalker02
    Approximate Date/Time that you encountered the issue: Various dates and various times. But I don't think it happened recently for me.
    Champion Involved (include Rarity, and if they have their Sig ability. Ie. 5-Star Awakened Corvus): Nick Fury (5* rarity) signature ability unlocked at signature level 1.
    Opponent Champion: various, this happened multiple times and it did not seem that the opponent mattered.
    Game Mode: various, but it was first noticed during an alliance event when losing these persistent charges have the gravest impact. 😑
    Quest Node (if applicable): various, but none which should have been able to remove my persistent charges.

Did it happen multiple times during one session? (A session means that you did not exit/restart the game): I found that by force closing the app, it would restore these charges (if I did not lose my character first. )
    Were multiple Champions missing Persistent Charges?: I only noticed this on my Nick Fury, during multiple and various instances.
    Did this happen after updating to v30.0? (This problem has occurred in the past but in this particular instance): I don't recall this happening recently for me, but I have had alliance members claim it has happened to them recently.
    Did restarting the game cause the Persistent Charges to return normally? Or did a later session function properly?: yes.
    Any Screenshots or Videos you'd like to share.
    Thank you all in advance for your help
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Any new info on this yet? It's literally been ongoing for months now
  • CollerhausiCollerhausi Member Posts: 3
    Username: collerhausi

Approximate Date/Time that you encountered the issue: Mar 23, 20:00 CET

Champion Involved (include Rarity, and if they have their Sig ability. Ie. 5-Star Awakened Corvus): 5-star Awakened Nick Fury

Opponent Champion: Jane Foster, Gulk, Odin

Game Mode: Odin's Quest, lvl 9

Quest Node (if applicable): n/a
  • SoulweatherSoulweather Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

my name in the game and Soulweather and I am stuck in the second level 6 mission since the beginning of the month I am frustrated

• mocobis1mocobis1 Member Posts: 5
    Took Odin in war with Angela synergy. Applied pre fight in first section. Got to section 2 and the prefight fell off Angela even though they aren’t available on Odin. The description says the prefight stays on for the entire quest. Now that m a champ down in AW. Soooo what’s up kabam?

• xDSLRxDSLR Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2021
    XDSLR
    10:40pm EST
    Corvus Glaive 5*, Rank 5, Unawakened
    Against Iron Man IW and Emma Frost
    Alliance War
    Nodes: Buffet + Burden of Might (Emma Frost)
    Vigor (Iron Man IW)

I had gone against Iron Man IW, and I never encountered his Auto-Block, so I expected only 2 charges. When going against my next fight (Emma) I had no persistent charges. After defeating Emma (a Mutant) I still didn’t receive any persistent Charges. I did have to wait a while to get energy before moving up from Iron Man to Emma, so I left AW to do some Arenas. So far, Corvus is the only one I’ve encountered with missing PC, I use Apocalypse in AQ, and his PC seem fine.

Everything’s updated, had no crashes, I do switch between devices when I play, I forgot what device I played on when I was against Iron Man. Sometimes I play on my iPhone 8, sometimes on my iPad Air 4. In this screen shot, I was on my iPad.

Edit: I just realized after posting this that I had an issue with Nick Fury (5* Rank 5, Level 1) about an hour prior to this fight in Arenas (All-Father). I didn’t take it in but I found it odd. I had started the fight with no persistent charges, and I was already in LMD mode. I thought I was tripping for a second when I started losing health right away, but I thought I wasn’t paying attention to the fight. It didn’t hit me until I was KO’d and I wasn’t regaining my health back.

Hi there, one last Edit: Just entered AQ and I know for a fact that I should have 4 PC on Apocalypse. Thats all.

• Mojo38Mojo38 Member Posts: 1
    User name : Mojo38
    Apoc 6*
    AQ all fights.
    Map5
    26 March (although this has happened previously)
    So far in AQ I've done 6 fights all with 6* Apocalypse, he has failed to gain a single charge. I know a someone else in my alliance who runs 5* Apocalypse in the same BG and they don't have the same issue.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    iPhone 12
    iOS 14.4
    March 25th , approx 12:05 Est
    Act 4.1.6

If you really need my user name , PM me.

Both corvus and furys persistent charges disappeared mid-map. Restarted the game and they showed up like normal

• Giantsfan1223Giantsfan1223 Member Posts: 17
    Aq today. Half the time I play this game.
  • DamienSciuridaeDamienSciuridae Member Posts: 1
    Username : DamienSciuridae
    Approximate Date/Time that you encountered the issue: Today, between 6-7 Central
    Champion Involved (include Rarity, and if they have their Sig ability. Ie. 5-Star Awakened Corvus): 4* and 5*Nick Fury, awakened
    Opponent Champion: Aegon, Blade, Magik
    Game Mode: Monthly World Quest, Arena
    Quest Node (if applicable)
    And some further questions, if you have this information as well:
    Did it happen multiple times during one session? (A session means that you did not exit/restart the game): Yes
    Were multiple Champions missing Persistent Charges?: Looking closely, yes, Corvus, Aegon, And Guillotone 2099 at least
    Did this happen after updating to v30.0? (This problem has occurred in the past but in this particular instance): yes
    Did restarting the game cause the Persistent Charges to return normally? Or did a later session function properly?:No. It has also happened on quests where the one missing is the computer opponent, very consistently.
    Any Screenshots or Videos you'd like to share
  • krystolixkrystolix Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2021
    I just had this issues with Corvus and Aegon. Noticed it it AQ. Didn't know there was a thread for it or I would've taken pictures. I also tested it on my 4star corvus in act 4 maestro middle lane. The charges never came up.
  • KingNubiusKingNubius Member Posts: 7
    KingNubius
    Issue occurred on 03/29/2020 around 4pm CST
    Champion: Nick Fury (5* Awakened)
    Opponent: Wasp
    Game Mode: AW
    Quest Node: Power Focus 1, Power Alternator
    Note: Restarting the game did bring the charges back.

• Darkknight0108Darkknight0108 Member Posts: 6
    IGN darkknight0108
    Approximate Date/Time that you encountered the issue : 29th March 9pm EST
    Champion Involved (include Rarity, and if they have their Sig ability. Ie. 5-Star Awakened Corvus) : 5STAR R5 Corvus, APOCALYPSE and Nick Fury
    Opponent Champion: Multiple...they didn't have their charge on the entire path.

Game Mode: Side Quest, sins of fathet
    Quest Node (if applicable): No node, it was heroic difficulty.

I keep getting this issue on and off for 3 weeks now. It usually happens on alternate days or if the game is updated. Usually when the daily event ends (level up, hero use, etc.)

It's so frustrating because you are locked in Quest and suddenly Fury doesn't have his persistent charge.

One time, the quest began with fury having his charge and next day (same alliance quest), he didn't have it. It's crazy!

I play on Samsung Note 9
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Member Posts: 214
    username : evilKINGwilson
    Android , Samsung 7, Tmobile
    no charges on 5/65 , sig 60(?) Corvus Glaive in AQ 7:00 PM MST 3/29/21
    Opponents whole 1st lane of AQ

• Scofield321Scofield321 Member Posts: 5
    Name: Scofield321
    Date: 30.03.2021/ 4PM GMT+2
    Hero: Human Torch 6* unduped
    Opponent Champion: 6* Apocalypse
    Mode: Boss war.
    I just wanna record the fight for my crewmates in the alliance, i entered the fight, and HT prefight ability doesnt activate. This bug will cost us the war, for sure. I have other videos when i fight the same champ as boss (aka apoco), and Never did this to Me.
    Please Kabam, fix this jokes... its a waste of time and resources for us.
    Thank you.
    I just wanna record the fight for my crewmates in the alliance, i entered the fight, and HT prefight ability doesnt activate. This bug will cost us the war, for sure. I have other videos when i fight the same champ as boss (aka apoco), and Never did this to Me.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    iPhone 12
    iOS and mcoc versions the same as last week
    PM me for my IGN

This morning , map 5 AQ. No persistent charges for cap marvel or corvus. Had to restart the game.

• Midnight19Midnight19 Member Posts: 5
    I am having a similar issue when i used Sabertooth .. I can't seem to stack up the fury charges ( 5 charges max per battle) .. i get the first one.. then i am not able to stack up more
  • LittleduckykinsLittleduckykins Member Posts: 16
    Username: Coach LDK
    Approximate Date/Time that you encountered the issue: 4/9 at 11:55 a.m. PST
    Champion Involved (include Rarity, and if they have their Sig ability. Ie. 5-Star Awakened Corvus): 6* Unawakened Corvus, rank 2
    Opponent Champion: Stark Spiderman
    Game Mode: EQ Uncollected
    Quest Node: 3.2 path at 3 o'clock, Stark Spiderman node

Did it happen multiple times during one session? N/A
    Were multiple Champions missing Persistent Charges?: No - Apocalypse had his 4 charges from the first fight and his synergy with Cable.
    Did this happen after updating to v30.0? (This problem has occurred in the past but in this particular instance): Yes and No. Yesterday (pre update) Corvus received his evade charge during the fight, but it went away after the fight and wasn't there for the next node (Alliance War). Today, post update, he didn't receive the charge at all.
    Did restarting the game cause the Persistent Charges to return normally? Or did a later session function properly?: No, a restart did not restore his Persistent Charge.
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Member Posts: 390 ★★★
    Darth Stewie
    Just a few minutes ago and yesterday about the same time
    5star NF and 5star CMM
    Idk all of them
    ?
    Idk all of them
    Multiple times
    Yes NF and CMM
    Yes
    No.

• Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Member Posts: 390 ★★★
    And here
  • hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★

Greetings Summoners,

Some of you have recently reported that you've had issues where your Champions seem to be missing their Persistent Charges. This is a strange bug that seems to affect each user differently. Most Summoners were completely unaffected, but some had lost charges on all of their Champions.

We're looking to get to the bottom of this and could use your help. If you encountered these issues, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Username
    • Approximate Date/Time that you encountered the issue
    • Champion Involved (include Rarity, and if they have their Sig ability. Ie. 5-Star Awakened Corvus)
    • Opponent Champion
    • Game Mode
    • Quest Node (if applicable)
    And some further questions, if you have this information as well:
    • Did it happen multiple times during one session? (A session means that you did not exit/restart the game)
    • Were multiple Champions missing Persistent Charges?
    • Did this happen after updating to v30.0? (This problem has occurred in the past but in this particular instance)
    • Did restarting the game cause the Persistent Charges to return normally? Or did a later session function properly?
    • Any Screenshots or Videos you'd like to share.
    Thank you all in advance for your help.
    Herm
    I haven't bothered to remember when but it's happened every now and then for a few months at this point I guess. It's probably been a couple of weeks since it last happened though.
    When it occurs, all my champs lose the icon.
    The bug starts with the beginning of the quest and persists until I exit the game on most occasions.
    I've had it happen in every game mode I've played once it starts. But I can't document it happening in war and arena cuz when it happens I'm generally not in either and I rarely do arena.
    Nodes are not an apparent factor.
    It was persistent throughout the session and even if I exited and reopened the game it was usually still there.
    Every single champ that had persistent charges was missing them whenever it occurred.
    I think it started with v30.0 but there's a chance it may have started before then.
    Persistent charges did not return when closing and reopening the game on a consistent basis but they did return consistently after a few hours of waiting.
    I have not bothered to take screenshots or videos of them missing but I do have an instance where apocalypse had 98 persistent charges in my camera roll.

Just as a side note, whenever they did go missing, they still functioned properly. I just wasn't able to see them displayed. The only instance in which they did not function properly was when my Apocalypse started the first fight of a tier 8 or 9 run with 6 passive prowess (I did not have any prowess giving synergies). In said instance, after he made sunspot a horseman for the next fight and sunspot died which resulted in me finishing said fight with Apocalypse, he displayed 98 persistent charges instead of 1, and upon entering the fight he had 4 instead of 1. It didn't make any sense but admittedly it was a fun bug at the time.
  • ericolorericolor Member Posts: 238
    username: ericolor
    iphonex
    2021/4/9

• Turt_9Turt_9 Member Posts: 5
    Are kabam going to pause the side quest until this problem is fixed?
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    So before this update if I closed the game and opened it back up that would resolve it for the time being. But for the last 2 days since the latest update (30.2.1) I can not get any of my champs to get their persistent charges back, closing the game out and reopening it simply doesn't do it. Clearly this update has just made the issue worse.
  • DennisDaMenaceDennisDaMenace Member Posts: 11
    I was going to do abyss, but know because of persistent charge issue i can't and items are going to expire.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

I was going to do abyss, but know because of persistent charge issue i can't and items are going to expire.

Well only a few champs are actually effected by the bug. All are missing the charges but only a few have their abilities removed because of the bug. Try restarting your game a few times and they usually come back. Just check champs before each restart.

Champs that I know of that lose their abilities-
    Mephisto- Both attacker and Defender.
    Nick Fury- Both attacker and Defender.
    Aegon- I believe he doesn't keep his combo between fights but can't remember.
    Sentry- Both attacker and defender.

Not sure if anyone else does. Most others still have all the benefits of the charges like Apoc and CG.