Options

CGR vs Hyperion: Who is Better?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    DrZola said:

CGR worth a generic AG? Couldn’t stop getting cosmic sig stones from Tier 10 gauntlet and thinking I may as well use it on him.

Dr. Zola

Depends if you’re talking 5 or 6*. 6* then definitely not a generic, 5* then potentially? If you have all of the other great awakened champs already duped. Like if you have Nick, Void, Omega, cap Iw, Aegon etc all awakened or don’t mind about them then go for it.

CGR sig gives him a lot more utility which really helps him. He’s not lacking in utility but as a high damage champ he isn’t as high as others, so I’d say it’s worth it to squeeze out as much utility as possible.

I’d say he’s worth a class, but he doesn’t need stones at all. Sig level only gives him a bit more damage in the damnnation. And I think we all know he has enough damage.

• Options
    Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    Hyperion
    As 5*s hype takes it for me. His power gain is so good and allows him to do fights without ever hitting the opponent with a basic and/or contact attacks, it's the main reason he has withstood the test of time. His damage while not cgr level is impressive nonetheless and requires 0 ramp. Throw in great DoTs, plenty of buffs, an armor break, immunity, and underutilized regen and what's not to love. Overall a solid sort of all in one package that just gets the job done in a lot of content.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,584 ★★★★★
    Hyperion

DrZola said:

CGR worth a generic AG? Couldn’t stop getting cosmic sig stones from Tier 10 gauntlet and thinking I may as well use it on him.

Dr. Zola

Depends if you’re talking 5 or 6*. 6* then definitely not a generic, 5* then potentially? If you have all of the other great awakened champs already duped. Like if you have Nick, Void, Omega, cap Iw, Aegon etc all awakened or don’t mind about them then go for it.

CGR sig gives him a lot more utility which really helps him. He’s not lacking in utility but as a high damage champ he isn’t as high as others, so I’d say it’s worth it to squeeze out as much utility as possible.

I’d say he’s worth a class, but he doesn’t need stones at all. Sig level only gives him a bit more damage in the damnnation. And I think we all know he has enough damage.

Top line of 5* champs. Probably another 35-40 at R4/5 and most awakened. I have to run all the way down to R4 Sorceror, R4 OGBW and R4 Wasp and YJ to find unawakened 5*’s. Many of the more recent bottom tier 5*’s aren’t awakened, and I suppose I could awaken 5* OGDD if he ever gets some help.

I’m always tempted to use it on someone, but it’s nice having the option value if I don’t use it.

Who knows—maybe 5* Galactus or Shuma-Gorath gets released and I get lucky with pulls and want to awaken them? That’s usually how my line of reasoning goes...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Top line of 5* champs. Probably another 35-40 at R4/5 and most awakened. I have to run all the way down to R4 Sorceror, R4 OGBW and R4 Wasp and YJ to find unawakened 5*’s. Many of the more recent bottom tier 5*’s aren’t awakened, and I suppose I could awaken 5* OGDD if he ever gets some help.

I’m always tempted to use it on someone, but it’s nice having the option value if I don’t use it.

Who knows—maybe 5* Galactus or Shuma-Gorath gets released and I get lucky with pulls and want to awaken them? That’s usually how my line of reasoning goes...

Dr. Zola
    I’d personally say go for it. The rate at which we can get 5* awakening gems has really picked up and it looks like you have most of the great generic worthy champs already duped. Not to mention I’m sure you have some class ones too.

I think his sig is really great and helps in a lot of situations
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,584 ★★★★★
    Hyperion

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I’d personally say go for it. The rate at which we can get 5* awakening gems has really picked up and it looks like you have most of the great generic worthy champs already duped. Not to mention I’m sure you have some class ones too.

I think his sig is really great and helps in a lot of situations
    Cool. Thanks for the insight.

A few times, I waited too long on champs—sat on them because I didn’t have rankup materials or waited for a better option. It can be a shame to miss out on the enjoyment of playing a champ until they are no longer as enjoyable.

Dr. Zola