**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts about the Arena Changes [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I like the new arena.. it suits my account as I have deep roster and now can turn over 2k 6* shards every 3 days..

This is huge step up
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Alec629 said:

I don’t necessarily care about getting the featured 5 or 6*s I never score that high anyway but what I care about is being able to get units and reach all the milestones.

For people in your position, the optimal mindset will likely have to change. It is too early to know how this will all shake out yet until we see a few cycles and get a better idea where the rank reward cutoffs end up, but the largest benefit for intermediate grinders with a decent number of 5* and 6* champs could be to shoot for the 11-30% (or higher) rank reward in both 4/5/6 arenas. Those contain 250 6* shards, which might be more reachable now than in the previous 5* featured arena (which had 6* shards in much higher rank tiers only).

If I was in your position today, I would probably be shifting my effort from trying to grind optimally for units, to trying to find the optimal strategy for grinding shards, in an effort to expand roster. In fact, even I am considering whether shooting for units over shards makes sense in the new arena configuration, and I do have the roster to sweep the milestones if I choose. But the new arenas aren't really built for that necessarily being the best long term strategy. It depends on how high the 1-5% rank gets.
    The shards are and have always been a nice bonus. Telling people they should change their mindset because this is the new normal complete ignores the fact that this will have a massive impact on the ftp unit economy, which will further complicate decisions such as whether I ever buy the monthly cavalier quest offer, and what the July 4th deals have to mean to me in order to convince me to part with my even more precious units, because my stock will not replenish itself so quickly.

So in short, I interpret your argument as "we need a new mindset in grinding goals" to which I respond "why tho?"

Do we really need this game pushing non-spenders and low spenders that much closer to their breaking point? The economy is already tilted enough against them.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Alec629 said:

I don’t necessarily care about getting the featured 5 or 6*s I never score that high anyway but what I care about is being able to get units and reach all the milestones.

For people in your position, the optimal mindset will likely have to change. It is too early to know how this will all shake out yet until we see a few cycles and get a better idea where the rank reward cutoffs end up, but the largest benefit for intermediate grinders with a decent number of 5* and 6* champs could be to shoot for the 11-30% (or higher) rank reward in both 4/5/6 arenas. Those contain 250 6* shards, which might be more reachable now than in the previous 5* featured arena (which had 6* shards in much higher rank tiers only).

If I was in your position today, I would probably be shifting my effort from trying to grind optimally for units, to trying to find the optimal strategy for grinding shards, in an effort to expand roster. In fact, even I am considering whether shooting for units over shards makes sense in the new arena configuration, and I do have the roster to sweep the milestones if I choose. But the new arenas aren't really built for that necessarily being the best long term strategy. It depends on how high the 1-5% rank gets.
    The shards are and have always been a nice bonus. Telling people they should change their mindset because this is the new normal complete ignores the fact that this will have a massive impact on the ftp unit economy, which will further complicate decisions such as whether I ever buy the monthly cavalier quest offer, and what the July 4th deals have to mean to me in order to convince me to part with my even more precious units, because my stock will not replenish itself so quickly.

So in short, I interpret your argument as "we need a new mindset in grinding goals" to which I respond "why tho?"
    Because if your goal is to get the best possible result for your effort, you have to play the hand you're dealt. You can advocate for changes all you want, but in the meantime you still have to play the game that exists.
    I mean, sure. But then we're having two separate discussions at each other. I agree, in the meantime work on maximizing shards if you are limited on time, but can we also not pretend like Kabam overlooked this issue as if they didn't realize a large base of players turn to arena as the only steady source of units?
    I wouldn't say they overlooked it. I would say they greatly underestimated the problematic nature of the changes. It is something I can assure you they are very much aware of now.

Let's hope so......
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    While I never ground arenas hard I did like to pick up the 3*s so I could test the champ for the eventual time I could pull them at a higher rarity. With these changes I’ll never see another one. 6 million instead of 640,000. It’s only a three star, seriously. It’s not game changing for anyone. This is a bad and frustrating change.
  • xandarooskixandarooski Posts: 8
    new arena sucks. more grind for less ISO and units. once again, kabam shows they are way off base with their players. revert the arenas, nobody wants this
  • SNEERSNEER Posts: 34
    Arena solution

All progression levels get the Summoner Trials.

Uncollected and below- they get a 3* and 4* feature arena and a 4* basic. For milestone rewards include rank up materials and replace some of the units. Example give 1/4 Tier 4b, 1/3 tier 1a, 1/4 class catalyst(these aren’t exact, that’s for kabam to figure out). Also include a revive or two and some potions. Motivate them to progress past uncollected. By replacing units this allows bots to not stock pile units.

Uncollected and Cavalier- 4* and 5* featured and 5* basic. Make it so X amount of players get the champ.

Cavalier and Thronebreaker- leave as is. Maybe front load some of the rewards. This allows the cavalier players that are close to TB to grind in an arena that suits them better, while freshly cavalier players can choose to stick in the other arenas. Yes there may be a lot of units for cav players. But most of them aren’t able to grind out all the milestones in all arenas anyways. They don’t have the roster for it. And if I person wants to sit in a certain progression level and not advance. That is only hurting their account. We have seen that there are tiered rewards for certain times of the year.
  • AlaBillAlaBill Posts: 15
    Arena as it was changed 9 hours ago is BROKEN. Worse yet, it changes how I feel about the game and how much I want to invest going forward. I'm uncollected heading towards Thronebreaker with about 40 6* so about 2.6M per round twice per day. There is no way I can ever reach the top 500 for a 5* much less the top 100 for the 6*>

The result of this change will be to totally discourage me from playing. I hate war and in a AQ alliance only and just today they changed the AQ clock back to 45 minutes from 30 minutes. Why do this as well? What is wrong with being able to play AQ a bit quicker without having to log back in over and over.

It's looking more and more like my "love for the game" is waning. Once the love is gone it's not long before the separation. I learned that from my divorce.

If we must keep the new arena setup, here's a suggestion to make it at least helpful to those of us without 100+ 6* characters... Take the Top 1-5% rewards and add them to the last milestone. Do the same for the Top 6-10% rewards and the next milestone down. That way, those of us that really want to grind have something tangible as soon as we hit the milestone, no guessing. It would take us mid level players just as much time to grind to 16M as it will the really big boys to grind to the top 500 or top 100.

That would help to make Arena fair again. I'm one of those that really likes Arena but there is nothing fair at all about the new arena setup. Please make Arena fun again and something that will allow us to climb up into the end game content.

• Mad_Titan_ThanosMad_Titan_Thanos Posts: 77
    edited May 2021

new arena sucks. more grind for less ISO and units. once again, kabam shows they are way off base with their players. revert the arenas, nobody wants this

It’s actually more iso and more units overall, because you’re grabbing GMCs rather than PHCs. It’s just a much more intense grind
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★

It’s actually more iso and more units overall, because you’re grabbing GMCs rather than PHCs. It’s just a much more intense grind
    GMC shards is long overdue i myself is not interested in a 3* dupe over and over again, if it was cavalier crystal shards it would have caught my attention. Even though the millstones are so high that it sucks looking at it. Mind you with this high milestones the more rank rewards will be tougher to get.
  • Bkay69Bkay69 Posts: 4
    I honestly really do not like these arena changes because of the fact that they reduced the amount of unit's that we can get and they got rid of the 5 star shards and replaced them with 4 star shards and a 4 star nexus those 5 star shards where so useful to me since i am only level 33 and on act 4
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 140 ★★
    Arena was bad, arena is left bad.
    Previously champion rewards from arena were for script users and for those who did not sleep or live to beat the arena. And how many disappointment for those who put efforts and did not get the champion And now nothing changed. These changes are not progressive. Really, how many people play in this game, I think its definitely hundreds of thousands, and only 500 can get a champ from arena? Ridiculous.
    They could remake it in better way, put, e.g. 5* champ fo 25 mln milestone and 6* champ for 50 mln milestone. Than, there would be some chance for many people to get the champion.
    But no, no, no, no..
  • Bala_riyz01Bala_riyz01 Posts: 145
    May be if they increase the reward of milestones especially the units it would be pretty good to do otherwise it is worse
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

@Kabam Miike I think you should add back the other arenas to the game and here's why. Most people do not even want to do arenas because the scores go so high just for a 5 star champion sometimes.With bringing the other arenas back it may encourage people to try a grind for the 5 stars because most big time grinders will be focusing on the 6 stars. You say you listen to your players and you got multiple pages of angry players saying they don't even want to do arenas anymore and some so angry they don't even want to turn the game on. Bringing the other arenas back is a win, win for everyone. We get back something we liked, you can inspire more people to grind for champs they may want as 5 stars, and you still have a place for the whales to grind and spend going for 6 stars.

I'm confused. The 5* champs *are* in the new arena. For top 500. It used to be top 300 yeah?
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

This is 10000000000% the OPPOSITE of making Arena better & improving QOL

THESE CHANGES ARE TERRIBLE

11 FIGHTS IN, DEATH MATCH (for me anyway on Hard difficulty and like twice my Champs) but somehow I'm supposed to maintain a winning streak and have to score over 6 million points for a new 3* feature Champion when I used to only need 640,000????

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE...

As a Champion Collector, I haven't missed getting a new featured 3* Champion EVERY week (even when it took around 1.4-1.5M to get a 3*) since July 2019

That is clearly over if these changes aren't reversed or FIXED because right now, the Arena is HOT GARBAGE

I'll NEVER spend another penny on this game and I might end up quitting over this... NOT kidding

@MAERvelGOD

I have seen your post this in almost every arena thrwad. You've been posting the same screenshot everywhere saying that it is a death match. Honestly, if you can take content like Cav and higher, then this matchup does not appear to be much of a challenge. Same post everywhere, over and over, with no additional information, and no constructive input.

Same mentioned by BitterSteel.

THESE CHANGES ARE TERRIBLE

11 FIGHTS IN, DEATH MATCH (for me anyway on Hard difficulty and like twice my Champs) but somehow I'm supposed to maintain a winning streak and have to score over 6 million points for a new 3* feature Champion when I used to only need 640,000????

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE...
    I haven't missed getting a new featured 3* Champion EVERY week (even when it took around 1.4-1.5M to get a 3*) since July 2019

That is clearly over if these changes aren't reversed or FIXED because right now, the Arena is HOT GARBAGE

I'll NEVER spend another penny on this game and I might end up quitting over this... NOT kidding

Are you gonna post this on every arena thread lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

A simple solution would be to bring back the 3* and 4* Basics and run the current setup alongside it.

I think they should have a 4 star arena. A five star basic, and a new one with the 6 star structure. It would allow most of the player base to grind for the things the want. 3 star in the milestones in the four star, four star in the milestone of the five star. Five star in the milestones of the six star.
    It's an idea. I don't see the 5* being a Milestone though.