New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• AzeAze Member Posts: 11
    Pros:
    1. Can get 4* feature and basic for a known amount of effort, and not an unreasonable amount for the basic.
    2. Can still maintain streak (haven't seen any crazy match-ups yet compared to before).
    Cons:
    1. Total amount of time needed to hit a similar number of milestones is greatly increased. I would typically hit the 5* basic milestones and then the first 2-4 for the other arenas. That was a pretty reasonable feeling level of effort for the units rewarded (or at least I came to feel it was reasonable).
    2. New system makes 5* less (not?) relevant in arenas. 5*'s have a lot of relevance in the game, still, given the rarity of sig stones and dupes for 6* for all but top players. But this makes them way less useful in arenas. If they had a much shorter cooldown that might help a bit to offset the extra effort and time to use them for arena grinding, but wouldn't change/fix the time needed to use them compared to 6*'s. In my experience 6* teams give 2x the points, but the basic arena milestones went up 4x in terms of points.
    Suggestion:
    Shift the units and battle chips up so they are accessible by completing fewer milestones. Add other/more stuff into the higher milestones (arena boosts, catalysts, sig stones to keep you going?). I've never gone for a featured arena champ other than the 4* so can't comment there, but 16.5 million to get the basic milestones is huge if you don't have a lot of 6*'s.
    Limit the basic arena to 5* champs.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    You want the milestones to stay this way, or it's too much of a trouble changing them back? That 's Fine with me.
    Increase the units given on each milestone, so that players that don't have the 50+ 6* champs yet, or the time to play 4+ hours/day, because, you know, life, keep having a decent chance at some units like before.

6* arenas: 20 units/milestone, 35 units for the last two.
    4* arenas: 10 units/milestone, 15 units for the last two.

Second, add one more milestone in 6* arenas, something closer to the old 5* cutoffs, let's say..25k? And give a 5* version of the champ as a reward to achieve all milestones.

Last but not least, maybe, give a few more chips per fight. 500/set will be nice.
  • ancient_marinerancient_mariner Member Posts: 16
    The change in the arena is not pro player at all unfortunately! Before this new arena structure came out, one could get a total of 405 units from -
    1. 5* Featured - 12 mil - 135 units
    2. 4* Featured - 4 mil - 135 units
    3. 4* Basic - 1.5 mil - 135 units
    So one could get 405 units by scoring a total of 17.5 mil. On the hand, the new arena will require to score at least 33 mil+ to get even 400 units, which is literally impossible for most of cav player due to the number of champions in the roster.
    So, in my honest opinion, absolutely gutted by this move.
  • RallinhoRallinho Member Posts: 1
    The new Milestones are to high! I can only reach three of them with much more fights than before! That sucks!!
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    2_Wheeler said:

Gamer said:

2_Wheeler said:

4 stars against 6 ain’t even close

If you meant this is a dead match isn’t
    So forgive me, I’m 70 years old, what is a dead match? My comment to be succinct was that my top 4* can’t hold up against low level 6* but perhaps I wasn’t clear enough and apologize.

It is called a "death match" @2_Wheeler
    That is a situation which occurs in arena, is synonymous with " an unwinnable fight". In higher arenas, usually this can be the case if you use "lower ranked champions". high level 4* might trigger this scenario so for the 6* arenas, it is suggested to use 5* 4/55,6* r1s and above.
    r5 4* usually do not trigger this scenario but it is possible.
  • euViniciuseuVinicius Member Posts: 1

Greetings Summoners!

Today, we kick off the brand new Arena System that reduces the number of Arenas and introduces 6-Star Featured Champions, as well as 5 and 6-Star Basic Heroes.

If you remember when we tried to eliminate deathmatches in the Arena, it's not always possible for us to predict how a change to Arenas will affect Summoners, so we're setting up this thread for your feedback and to report any issues!

These new Arenas may alter the Arena experience, and while some change and alteration of behaviour is to be expected, if there is anything you feel is too different or difficult, we'd like to know.

Please do not use this thread to discuss potential Arena Cutoffs. While we want to hear opinions on those as well, this thread is about the actual experience of playing in the new Arenas.

Also, please note that the "Infinite Streak" method is not being altered, but since there is no actual concrete method to achieve that, it will continue to change as more Summoners obtain more of the new highest Rank of Champions.

Greetings Summoners!

Today, we kick off the brand new Arena System that reduces the number of Arenas and introduces 6-Star Featured Champions, as well as 5 and 6-Star Basic Heroes.

If you remember when we tried to eliminate deathmatches in the Arena, it's not always possible for us to predict how a change to Arenas will affect Summoners, so we're setting up this thread for your feedback and to report any issues!

These new Arenas may alter the Arena experience, and while some change and alteration of behaviour is to be expected, if there is anything you feel is too different or difficult, we'd like to know.

Please do not use this thread to discuss potential Arena Cutoffs. While we want to hear opinions on those as well, this thread is about the actual experience of playing in the new Arenas.

Also, please note that the "Infinite Streak" method is not being altered, but since there is no actual concrete method to achieve that, it will continue to change as more Summoners obtain more of the new highest Rank of Champions.

I expected something less tiring and repetitive, now it is even more tiring to play the arena with these absurd milestones and the long cooling time of the champions. For those who are starting to play now it is even worse, two arenas will not supply beginning players. I'm very disappointed.
  • Eddy1905Eddy1905 Member Posts: 1
    Before that, I was able to grind units in every arena with little expenditure of time. now i have to put in a lot more effort for less reward. and i can't even play every arena at the same time because i lock my champs.
  • DotDot Member Posts: 12
    About me: regular arena player since the initial Covid lockdowns happened last year - I typically picked up the milestones in the 4 & 5* featured arenas, sometimes the 4* basic as well. I used to pick up the 4* champ from the basic arena on the regular. (Started with Rogue... Quake... Voodoo... Archangel...)

What I like:
    - a way to earn GM shards (should help with the ISO issues I've been having recently, thanks!)
    - 3* & 4* champs in the milestones
    - Increase of 6* shards in the ranked rewards
    - 6* BASIC champs are available (seriously - a year down the road? This is going to be fantastic)

What I don't like (and ideas how to change it)
    - It's *very* grindy
    - Unit milestones are hard to reach
    - Functionally eliminates need to rank 2,3,5* champs for arena points
    - 3* Featured champ is hard to get unless you have a developed roster

- Front load some of the units, especially in the summoner trials arena. This gives players agency to decide which to play for - do you want to maximize unit gain? Shards? Both?
    - Add the 3* featured champ into the summoner trials arena, this way a new player can start to build their 3* roster to get shards and ISO
    - Remove 6*s from the basic arena & retune milestones (& ranked rewards?) accordingly. This does several things. It gives players who recently become uncollected another arena to compete in without throwing them into the deep end with players who have developed 6* rosters (teams of 3/45s... 4/55s... etc). It keeps the infinite streak formula the same as the alpha and basic arena (currently you need teams of 4/55s to get the infinite streak, once there's a team of 4/55 6*s that'll go up to 5/65 5*s). It also gives TB players a reason to keep developing their 5* roster - didn't get that 6* champ you want from the crystals - grind for them in the basic arena.

Finally, thanks for opening this up for feedback.

• Loucura017Loucura017 Member Posts: 1
    I didn't like the new arenas. We spent more time and get less unities. To me, arena it's boring, but necessary to do. And the milestones doesn't make me exited to play. I think that Premium Hero Crystal shards on milestones it's a mistake on arenas we can use 4* champions. At least, doesn't make sense to me. Maybe boosting the amount of unities, battle chips, changing PHC to another crystal shards and downgrading the total milestones points it's a possible solution.

My thoughts to solve the problem:
    1* and 2* arena with a 4* Nexus Crystal to Top1 player. Premium Hero shard and 3* shards on milestones.
    3* and 4* arena with a 5* Champion to Top 1 player. 3* shards and 4* shards on milestones.
    4*, 5* 6* arena with a 6* Basic champion to Top 1 player. Grand Master shards on milestones
    4*, 5*, 6* arena with a 6* Featured champion to Top 1 player. Cavalier shards on milestones.

I used to play the previous 3* and 4* arena, so that's the only arena i can think about unities:
    I would set 150 unities on 1.5kk points (or even less, maybe 1,2kk) and upgrade the amount of battlechips we can get on milestones.
  • Levvyzz_OPLevvyzz_OP Member Posts: 14
    I slept on it. Still sucks. Here's what I think.

People that invested a great deal of time, effort and money have solid rosters and are good with this.

People that invested a great deal of time and effort but not so much money or rosters are affected in a big way.

1/2/3* champs are insignificant in the game with exception of V4 and you can't sell 'em.

What lurks me is that as non-UC I only have summoner trials, and can't participate in 6, so that means I'm being rushed to get to UC to unlock a chance at more milestones. Dirty move.

What needs to happen is, if non-UC aren't allowed in 6 arenas, then UC+ should NOT be allowed in summoner trials. Then make both sides have 520 units in total accessible per 3 day cycle or whatever the amount is.

Additionally, this is a bad move to invalidate 1/2/3 immediately after you made them unsellable. As a collector, and ejoying collecting I'm really really really at a loss of what your actual plan is? Why not just remove act 1/2/3 start noobs at act 4. delete 1/2/3 from the game as well and make variant 4 4*+. Done. Oh and convert 1/2/3 to something so that time spent isn't really time wasted cause that'd be super stupid.
  • FeffFeff Member Posts: 10
    Hallo Kabam,
    Hallo at all,

The new Arena System is Not good.
    Please reload of the old System.
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Member Posts: 263
    While i like the change in rewards (having the champ as a milestone, and how the milestones go for longer) this change has REALLY marginalized 2, 3, and 5 star champs. they're not worth using in the arenas anymore.
  • togurotoguro Member Posts: 2
    I have two tips for improving the arenas.
    1st tip, place the Grandmaster's crystal on the arena landmarks Recruiter's ordeals.

2nd tip, decrease the total milestones of the two 6-star arenas to 12kk points, keeping the 20 existing milestones.

I believe that these changes will please the 3 publics, beginner, intermediate and advanced.
  • juanrojas53juanrojas53 Member Posts: 2
    We do not need more champs, we need more units.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Member Posts: 121 ★★
    @Kabam Miike I appreciate the fact that you are reading and taking all the feedback, hoping that we can see some updates before Mr Negative comes to arena!
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★

been using this method for years as long i can remember. i use this method when my 5* and 6* collection isn't stacked or have enough max ranked. this method with using 4* compensate that while buying enough time to let those 5* refresh timer to be finished only to be used again. I'm only able to do this method to continue playing nonstop because the amount of r5 4* is stacked. in this picture i still had lots of r1 5* to use and it wasn't long before the r5 5* finished it's refresh timer, but the point is that we shouldn't use this resort to get the units to continue our game progress with completing content and so on. if we could just remove the deathmatches then that would be great and face the exact same equal rank and star rarity that the opponent has.

for example if i use x3 of r3 5* then the opponent will have the same rank, rarity and not throw us a 6* with r2 just because of an streak formula bug that wasn't supposed to be in the game but was left alone for too long that we now need it. Just get rid of the bug and cap the opponent's PI value to 1x or 1,5x with the exact same rank and rarity. Then cut the milestones to half while increasing doubling or trippling the other remaining milestones resources then all is great.
  • T1M_3YT1M_3Y Member Posts: 1
    Oh wow, its so Hard... no its Not possible to reach All milestones... two arenas for the same type of Champions... its not possible for me, to reach the last milestone in one of them.
    Im sorry but thats a very bad Update for All little accounts. There are always the the same Player, in the top 1000 for the Champions but we little accounts need to reach the milestones for growing...
    I was never a very big Fan of the Arena, but i have to Play 24/7 for this Arena, but that will Not Happen...
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★
    Terrible structure to arenas , and completely limits how I now run them. It would have more sense to try a change like this after 4th of July.
  • Anonymous2kAnonymous2k Member Posts: 10
    hey dear kabam,

it is always nice to see change in the right direction buy unfortunately this is not it.
    1. the milestones are a lot higher and harder to obtain.
    2. too many milestones to claim.
    3. it's either get to max milestone and get very low 6* shards or try to get to the 6* featured meaning thise days it needs to be more 6* shards while getting to the last milestone in featured and in basic.
    4. why 300 x 6* reatured and only 100 x basic? it should be a lot more basic than featured (like 500 of the basic champ) from the meaning of the word it is a basic one an older champ should be a lot easier to obtain. and even 1000 of the 5* version on the next one for whoever didn't get the 6*.
    5. make a cuttof like 15m and whoever gets to it will get the 5* basic and whoever gets to 25m gets the 6*.

I play arena every now and then buy looking at the changes don't even want to bother.

now as it stands only the ones with huge rosters can get the Champs and extend there roster even more, there no chance for the guy that actually need the new champ
  • MostiiiMostiii Member Posts: 1
    Pls Tell me IT is a joke
    Very bad; the milestones are too far away and the rewards are bad for the time invested
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Member Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Mostiii said:

Pls Tell me IT is a joke
    Very bad; the milestones are too far away and the rewards are bad for the time invested

One can hope but most likely we won’t have an update on this till the arena ends.
  • Suju1Suju1 Member Posts: 4
    We need resources like units. Earlier it was easy to get units even if you don't sore too much. Now units are too lless in arena. Reducing units and increasing milestone is not good improvement
  • XAgneloXXAgneloX Member Posts: 3
    Some changes was very great, like the cavalier crystals, but I have to spend a lot of time for the same or less units.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    maybe they thought it was an great idea to limit the competition and decided to release those extra milestones gaps? since you basically need to pick one and go for that only to compete the rank reward champion while ignoring the other arenas.

maybe they thought it was a good idea to help us to compete for those champion at the basic arena and would be another way to build up our collection to later compete for the featured champion in the future while ignoring the basic arena?

we really don't know, but this isn't really Quality of life improvement at all.
  • ddomddom Member Posts: 572 ★★
    Too few units overall, otherwise quite good
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Im not sure how people are calculating or seeing new arena as beneficial? Kabam simply waved shards around as ranked rewards but people don’t understand how enslaving its going to be to reach those milestones for the fraction of units/chips in return.
    I think the biggest thing is people don’t understand that you will need to split your 6* on both new arenas to get close to the unit comparison that is mentioned. But in doing so itll take longer due to 6* refresh unless payed for.... some people will understand the math and many wont...
This discussion has been closed.