**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cannot Join AQ - Two AQs? EDIT: Can Join, but two AQs are up

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    We've pushed the button to get the timer changed, but this will take between 10 and 15 minutes to hit your game, and then the change will occur when you receive your next energy.

Next AQ energy is refreshed in 50 minutes. When the timer change goes live, will it change to 30 minutes or it will only change after the 50 minutes run down?
  • Options
    SilynSilyn Posts: 9
    edited June 2017
    winterthur wrote: »
    Next AQ energy is refreshed in 50 minutes. When the timer change goes live, will it change to 30 minutes or it will only change after the 50 minutes run down?

It already updated just move or try to.
  • Options
    Silyn wrote: »

It is still showing 45 mins IG.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    SlySly wrote: »
    This is not something we are interested in doing, because it would completely throw off the schedule by a day, and then reduce the amount of time between the two series of Alliance Quests. This has been done in the past, but not something we like to do very often.

There are already threads on this subject, so I'm going to close this one down now. If you have further comments on this matter, please post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/3210/cannot-join-aq-two-aqs-edit-can-join-but-two-aqs-are-up#latest

Directly from Mike on 1 day delay. Not gonna happen boys. ^

then 30 minute timers plz

They're adjusting the Timers to accommodate. 30-Minute Timers would defeate the purpose of that.

You really have no idea what you are even speaking about right now. Why comment on something about AQ, when you are not even in an alliance right now, because your own gave you the boot like 2 weeks ago. And when you were, you ran no higher than map 3 if I am correct, which doesn't call for much energy at all. You can at least admit when they are at fault, instead of always praising them when they are wrong.

Tell me. How do you boot a Leader? Sounds like I'm not the one who is talking about what they don't know.

Try restarting the game.
  • Options

Try clicking on your next spot even if you do not have energy yet.
  • Options
    Try restarting the game.

Already did that before you posted the comment.
    I am not saying it is a bug. Just clarifying that the new reduced energy will only kicks in on the next energy refresh timer.

Looks like it is the case.

• Options
    Try restarting the game.

I am not saying it is a bug. Just clarifying that the new reduced energy will only kicks in on the next energy refresh timer.

Not sure. Other people are seeing it.
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Alright everybody, so I took all of your concerns to the team, especially surrounding how this will throw off a number of your guys schedules for the entire week, and the team agrees that because the disruption has a fairly decent effect on all players, and because we couldn't hold this series start until tomorrow, we can do more.

We're currently working on getting timers switched to 30 minutes for the remainder of this Alliance Quest. We've pushed the button to get the timer changed, but this will take between 10 and 15 minutes to hit your game, and then the change will occur when you receive your next energy.

Thanks Mike, I guess. Since we didnt start the alliance quest and all officers are sleeping, it doesnt help us much. But It's a good effort. What irritates me though is we had to cause a literal forum shitstorm to get a sensible fix to the situation. I wish you've come to this conclusion by yourself when most of european allies were still awake.
  • Options
    Try restarting the game.

Not sure. Other people are seeing it.

Yeah my timer went from 45 mins to 15 mins mid countdown.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    This is where we are. We say that k you for doing what they should
  • Options
    KruggKrugg Posts: 16
    I would like to say good job but it should have been done from go. Just another example of people that run the game don't also play at the top level understanding the time crunch map 6 is. You all need to learn some lessons from the mistakes but the confidence in that happening is next to zero due to repeating the same mistakes over and over.

In the end thanks for doing what is right.
  • Options
    I was wondering if the timer should be removed for the first run and end it at the normal time. So on the second run, back to as usual.
  • Options
    This is not something we are interested in doing, because it would completely throw off the schedule by a day, and then reduce the amount of time between the two series of Alliance Quests. This has been done in the past, but not something we like to do very often.

There are already threads on this subject, so I'm going to close this one down now. If you have further comments on this matter, please post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/3210/cannot-join-aq-two-aqs-edit-can-join-but-two-aqs-are-up#latest

They're adjusting the Timers to accommodate. 30-Minute Timers would defeate the purpose of that.

You really have no idea what you are even speaking about right now. Why comment on something about AQ, when you are not even in an alliance right now, because your own gave you the boot like 2 weeks ago. And when you were, you ran no higher than map 3 if I am correct, which doesn't call for much energy at all. You can at least admit when they are at fault, instead of always praising them when they are wrong.

Tell me. How do you boot a Leader that opened the Ally? I'm not the one that doesn't know what they are speaking about. Perhaps you could keep the discussion on the topic rather than making attempts at attacking people with assumptions. Last I checked, anyone can register thoughts.
  • Options
    thekidm8thekidm8 Posts: 12
    Ok so you refunded the aq map cost and put 30 minute timers, but there are still alliances who will not be able to finish todays aq because of this big mess. Can you guys give the rewards for completing the map, for example all 3 map 5 crystals or all 3 map 6 crystals??
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm just glad this day is over... I've been playing since the beginning, and I've never seen such a bad day for this game. Millions of players locked out with no response for an entire work day, and then this AQ madness. Even the WP nerf was more bearable.

There needs to be some serious discussions about the impact of today at HQ... On top of the last 60+ plus days.

I don't speak for anyone but me and my alliance, but we are teetering on the edge. Discouragement, and outrage is where we are at. When will you make it right?
  • Options

Then why did they give us 30 min timers?

Because people expressed the effect it had on them. The logic still stands. It was the reason they extended the duration. They responded to what people had a need for to alleviate the effect. Why did you come back to argue?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian

Because people expressed the effect it had on them. The logic still stands. It was the reason they extended the duration. They responded to what people had a need for to alleviate the effect. Why did you come back to argue?

Actually, they extended the AQ event timers because they delayed the start time and thus needed to extend the end time to allow for the same five full days of AQ. That has nothing to do with energy timers. They are giving us 30 minute timers because they are acknowledging that changing the schedule without advance warning, at a time when a significant percentage of their playerbase might be unaware of the change or even asleep and unable to do anything about it, and subsequently disrupting normal player coordination required to run maps with dependencies especially the higher maps for the entire current AQ round was a high enough effective penalty placed upon the players that it warranted granting extra energy as a benefit to compensate for those penalties.

It is not the best possible scenario, but I'll take it for now.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Actually, they extended the AQ event timers because they delayed the start time and thus needed to extend the end time to allow for the same five full days of AQ. That has nothing to do with energy timers. They are giving us 30 minute timers because they are acknowledging that changing the schedule without advance warning, at a time when a significant percentage of their playerbase might be unaware of the change or even asleep and unable to do anything about it, and subsequently disrupting normal player coordination required to run maps with dependencies especially the higher maps for the entire current AQ round was a high enough effective penalty placed upon the players that it warranted granting extra energy as a benefit to compensate for those penalties.

It is not the best possible scenario, but I'll take it for now.

What I meant was it was to make up for the late start caused by restarting. Technically, there would have been a full amount of time without the reduced Timers, but the effect on schedules was great, as many people expressed. Without the Timers reduced, people would have still had the regular amount of time to finish. In any event, I wasn't arguing against what people wanted. Simply pointing out that it would have been a full AQ, and no matter what they do, someone is inconvenienced regardless. I'm happy that people are relieved.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Is it an option to modifying only on the first day AQ to still end at the same time (assuming AQ starts normally,) and removing timer (or one minute timer)?

Eg. Day one - Normal timer starts at 4pm.
    Due to interruption, timer can start only at 2am.
    End the first day still at 3.59pm, next day.

Energy timer for day one removed.
  • Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Also the times of the alliance events need to be changed to coincide with the AQ start and finish times. A lot of alliances now won't finish dy 5 maps until late and it's not fair that they will miss out on rewards from Alliance Quest completion event just because the AQ start time has been moved so drastically
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Is it an option to modifying only on the first day AQ to still end at the same time (assuming AQ starts normally,) and removing timer (or one minute timer)?

Eg. Day one - Normal timer starts at 4pm.
    Due to interruption, timer can start only at 2am.
    End the first day still at 3.59pm, next day.

Energy timer for day one removed.

This would be ideal but my guess is no. I guess their argument is people need the full time period regardless of the 30 min timers.

Here's to hoping everything Is back to the normal schedule later today though.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    Omni wrote: »
    Here's to hoping everything Is back to the normal schedule later today though.

Stop hoping. The new schedule is going to persist until the end of this AQ "week." That was confirmed more than once, including in Kabam Miike's post regarding the adjustment of energy timers to 30 minutes.
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★

they're adjusting the timers b/c they screwed up

30-minute timers would "accommodate" the many players that have set schedules/have to sleep, in order to still complete Map 6

As its already been stated, they can't accommodate to everyone's schedule. No matter what they do, people will have different schedules. It's a global game. There are many different Time Zones.

They can. Just postpone AQ by a day. Currently, day 1 of AQ will be 14-15 hours long instead of 24 hours. Even 30 min timers can't rectify that. Why put a strain on players for something that is Kabam's fault and not ours?