**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Theory on the release date of Hercules

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
As you may or may not know @Kabam Broccoli is designer working on Hercules. He said in a BG livestream that designers will usually design champs every other month. The last known creation by Broccoli was Stryfe so if we take this, backtrack through the months we can find out if this holds true.

Other things we know:

- Hercules is going to release in the summer
- champs take roughly 3 - 4 months to be finished

*Champs in brackets are my guesses as to which champs Kabam Brocolli made and those in bold are the ones we know for a fact he has made*

March 2021 - (Mangog)
February 2021 -
January 2021 - Stryfe
December 2020 -
November 2020 - iBom
October 2020 -
September 2020 - Apoc
August 2020 -
July 2020 - Sasquatch
June 2020 -
May 2020 - (BWDO)
April 2020 -
March 2020 - (Terrax)
February 2020 -
Janurary 2020 - (Squirrel Girl)
December 2019 -
November 2019 - Doom
October 2019 -
September 2019 - BWCV
August 2019 -
July 2019 - (Mysterio)
June 2019 -
May 2019 - Ebony Maw
April 2019 -
March 2019 - Nick Fury

If we go back 2 years we find out that yes what Brocolli said was true. We can extrapolate this into the future and predict that Hercules is going release in May or July 2021. The first dev diary on Hercules was released in mid March. If we assume that work on Hercules started at some point in early March or maybe even late Febuary and champs take 3 - 4 months to complete a release date of July 2021 falls perfectly in line with everything we know. Thoughts?

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

As far as champions are concerned, Kabam Broccoli just can't seem to miss.

Ebony Maw never happened
    Well Ebony Maw has miss in his kit, I think we can figure out what happened.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    wait, when did they say summer? i remember Kabam John specifically saying in a Dork video/stream a while back that the champion that wins would come out at the end of 2021
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

wait, when did they say summer? i remember Kabam John specifically saying in a Dork video/stream a while back that the champion that wins would come out at the end of 2021

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

If we go back 2 years we find out that yes what Brocolli said was true. We can extrapolate this into the future and predict that Hercules is going release in May or July 2021. The first dev diary on Hercules was released in mid March. If we assume that work on Hercules started at some point in early March or maybe even late Febuary and champs take 3 - 4 months to complete a release date of July 2021 falls perfectly in line with everything we know. Thoughts?

I am assuming that work started in earnest on Hercules in February for the first Dev Diary to release in March, and with an approximately six month pipeline for champions that places his release sometimes around August 2021. This places him within the Summer 2021 timeframe previously alluded to by Kabam i.e. the post above this one.
    DNA3000 said:

I am assuming that work started in earnest on Hercules in February for the first Dev Diary to release in March, and with an approximately six month pipeline for champions that places his release sometimes around August 2021. This places him within the Summer 2021 timeframe previously alluded to by Kabam i.e. the post above this one.
    August is a month where one of Kabam Brocolli's creations would not be released if we assume nothing changes. July still falls under Summer but it could be too early as you said although Dave did say in the first dev diary that it takes around 3 to 4 months to make a champion not 6.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Saw this on reddit seems like an early design but if you ask me that looks like Roman Reigns 😂😂
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

thank you, appreciate the proof :)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Saw this on reddit seems like an early design but if you ask me that looks like Roman Reigns 😂😂

🤔🤔🤔

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

August is a month where one of Kabam Brocolli's creations would not be released if we assume nothing changes. July still falls under Summer but it could be too early as you said although Dave did say in the first dev diary that it takes around 3 to 4 months to make a champion not 6.
    I'm not sure what Dave is referencing with that time frame, and it is likely he has much more explicit information about the Hercules development in particular, but three or four months from concept to actually appearing in the game seems to be an incredibly short time frame for a lot of different reasons. Since these champions show up in content when they get released and that content itself has dev time, scheduling a three to four month release period would seem to increase the probability of something completely slipping by a lot. It is possible Dave is talking about the actual design and implementation of the champion, but not how long it takes for them to show up in the game which is a slightly different thing.

It will be interesting to see if Kabam keeps up the weekly cadence for Hercules dev diaries. We had concept and modeling, next up will be animation. We could have entries for VFX, sound design, kit (abilities) design, playtesting, balancing, I'm curious how deep they intend to go.
    It has been confirmed Hercukes is coming in July. You can watch the full video here:

https://youtu.be/l0Evtho3gkQ
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★

It has been confirmed Hercukes is coming in July. You can watch the full video here:

https://youtu.be/l0Evtho3gkQ

You called it!