**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation 3.0 is out.

Comments

• Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

That's exactly my thought. Like I get they're giving compensation out and I appreciate it but why are we not getting normal pots. This bug is affecting every other game mode 🤨

Kabam is continuing to recommend that players avoid difficult content where possible until the bugs have been resolved. I am guessing that Kabam is acknowledging that this is something individual players can do relatively easily, but alliances cannot as easily do across the alliance when it comes to AQ, so compensation is currently targeting AQ.

When it comes to normal content, players could theoretically hold off until the bug is fixed and then Kabam could give out a bunch of energy refills to allow player to catch up as part of one big compensation package. It is not a perfect solution but it is something. Normally Kabam gives out compensation for game disruptions only after the disruption is fixed, so they know the scope of the problem. For solo content, this is still something that is reasonable to do.

But with AQ that's much trickier because it can be more difficult to coordinate map changes in an alliance, and potions might only be necessary while the bug exists. If you wait until the bug is fixed and then give a big pile of potions at the end players will first have to spend units to buy potions to use now, then they'll get a bunch of potions in compensation they won't need anymore. So instead of waiting to the end, they are feeding players smaller AQ compensation packages to hand them some potions to use going into AQ if they are still having problems in AQ and stepping down to avoid those issues is impractical, plus extra glory for alliances who are stepping down to try to compensate for the bugs.

This is just a guess, but it seems reasonably likely to me.
    For content like act 6 and 7 which are permanent, sure. Nobody has any particular need or rush to do those.
    Act 7 exploration is vital for becoming TB. If you miss out on TB by a month, that's a ton of t5cc and TB dailies gone to waste
    TB 24 hr crystals are infinite. So they're always there. It's no different than you not having them currently. And there isn't that much for Act 7 exploration in terms of T5CC.
    Exploration of all of act 7 so far gives 3 25% random crystals and 2 25% selectors so that sounds like a lot to me. Even more when you consider 2 25% crystals for completion.

And also having access to TB dailies a month earlier will always have you at 1 month more number of pulls than someone who got it a month later.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

That's exactly my thought. Like I get they're giving compensation out and I appreciate it but why are we not getting normal pots. This bug is affecting every other game mode 🤨

Kabam is continuing to recommend that players avoid difficult content where possible until the bugs have been resolved. I am guessing that Kabam is acknowledging that this is something individual players can do relatively easily, but alliances cannot as easily do across the alliance when it comes to AQ, so compensation is currently targeting AQ.

When it comes to normal content, players could theoretically hold off until the bug is fixed and then Kabam could give out a bunch of energy refills to allow player to catch up as part of one big compensation package. It is not a perfect solution but it is something. Normally Kabam gives out compensation for game disruptions only after the disruption is fixed, so they know the scope of the problem. For solo content, this is still something that is reasonable to do.

But with AQ that's much trickier because it can be more difficult to coordinate map changes in an alliance, and potions might only be necessary while the bug exists. If you wait until the bug is fixed and then give a big pile of potions at the end players will first have to spend units to buy potions to use now, then they'll get a bunch of potions in compensation they won't need anymore. So instead of waiting to the end, they are feeding players smaller AQ compensation packages to hand them some potions to use going into AQ if they are still having problems in AQ and stepping down to avoid those issues is impractical, plus extra glory for alliances who are stepping down to try to compensate for the bugs.

For content like act 6 and 7 which are permanent, sure. Nobody has any particular need or rush to do those.
    Act 7 exploration is vital for becoming TB. If you miss out on TB by a month, that's a ton of t5cc and TB dailies gone to waste
    TB 24 hr crystals are infinite. So they're always there. It's no different than you not having them currently. And there isn't that much for Act 7 exploration in terms of T5CC.
    Exploration of all of act 7 so far gives 3 25% random crystals and 2 25% selectors so that sounds like a lot to me. Even more when you consider 2 25% crystals for completion.

And also having access to TB dailies a month earlier will always have you at 1 month more number of pulls than someone who got it a month later.
    I don't know what you're expecting out of the TB dailies, but I can tell you that 24-28 of 30 will be some form of T4B or T4CC.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

But some content is timed and while there is no requirement to do it, missing out on rewards due to Kabams bugs is never gonna be fun. Some struggle with Cav EQ and with the time running out until next month and no guarantee on a fix, revives could be helpful there.

Same with summer of pain, people may need to revive due to a missed parry.
    Sure, but that's a compromise, and different people will arrive at different compromise positions. If you give potions, you're implicitly encouraging people to do the content, as you're giving them potions to do it. What if they use them all, what if they need more. Are you encouraging people to take risks the compensation package cannot remedy?

The developers themselves have just as wide a range of opinions and positions as we see here on the forums. The decisions Kabam makes collectively incorporate all those varying positions with compromises that often seem inexplicable if you were not a party to the discussion that arrived at them. That's just how collaborative game development works.
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

I don't know what you're expecting out of the TB dailies, but I can tell you that 24-28 of 30 will be some form of T4B or T4CC.
    Yeah TB dailies have potential to be lacking but it's more about the other perks like SOP as someone else said or the glory store t5cc
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SlumpGod said:

TB 24 hr crystals are infinite. So there always there. It's no different that you not having them currently. And there isn't that much for Act 7 exploration in terms of T5CC.

I am on 6.1.1 and not able to get cavalier because of the bug. I thought of becoming cavalier after 4th week of SOP came when darkhawk fight came out which is so easy. I am literally loosing those SOP rewards.

Yeah, it really sucks when people loose out on rewards cuz of a bug.
    Someone needs to make those rewards tighter
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Maybe they open all weeks of SOP at the end and people can go back to complete what they missed. Of course you should not get more points if you already completed that week or objectives

Not gonna happen...since the parry bug wasn't there when SOP started and doing so will just give room to more bugs.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Gamer said:

They announced a revive/potion package will come early next week. That is not the final comp package. Just something to supplement like the AQ stuff.

Haven’t se a mod confirmation this even I’m don’t doubt it
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/274203/gameplay-issues-fix-timeline#latest
    Jep didn’t luck in that’s normal I’m wil had. But thanks
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    People have to play SoP as well as the MEQ and SEQ.

Edit: Just saw the timeline of gameplay issues and whatnot, hopefully regular compensation is given out once it is fixed.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    SlumpGod said:

TB 24 hr crystals are infinite. So there always there. It's no different that you not having them currently. And there isn't that much for Act 7 exploration in terms of T5CC.

I am on 6.1.1 and not able to get cavalier because of the bug. I thought of becoming cavalier after 4th week of SOP came when darkhawk fight came out which is so easy. I am literally loosing those SOP rewards.

In one sense, that's true, and in the small local sense I have some sympathy for people who happen to be impacted more by chance circumstance when a bug appears.

However, I also see this as the same as when someone says they were late to work because someone cut them off and they missed a light. They were not late because someone cut them off. They were late because they left home with no reasonable margin for error to spare, such that the random timing of one traffic light could make them late.

There will always be a next thing in the game, and there will always be people who just miss that next thing. That could happen because of a bug, it could happen because of scheduled maintenance, it could happen because random chance operates against you when opening a crystal. This is all part of the game.

If you need everything to go perfectly to get somewhere in the game, you can't think you deserve that thing and anything that disrupts that perfect plan is to blame if you fail. Because that line of thought will just make you miserable with nothing to show for it. You need to treat those perfect situations as extraordinary and not the norm, and the norm is what you will get when real life intrudes as it tends to do.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Yeah TB dailies have potential to be lacking but it's more about the other perks like SOP as someone else said or the glory store t5cc
    I've been TB since about 3 weeks after its release and I can tell you that over all that time i've never pulled the 6* shards, i've only pulled a full T5B 3 times and a full T2A once. Everything else has been T4CC and T4B and misc shards of T2A and T5B. Twice the 5k 5* shards and units once. You really aren't missing out on anything and to use your example, becoming TB now means 10 months of people being ahead of you. What's a couple more weeks going to matter?

As far as the T5CC for act 7, it'll still be there when the patch comes out. You want a better source of T5CC? Do map 7 full mods and 100% Cav difficulty each month. 50% per month right there and that's reoccurring.

Edit: Remove comment about Cav and T5cc in the glory store.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    me who is not in an alliance: :'(
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Cav Players have the 5% T5CC just like the TB players do. Cav just costs more.
    From the glory store? I thought that was only TB, or has it changed
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Typhoon said:

Aq compensation is nice but it's not the only game mode where people are having this issue.

Something is better than nothing i guess.
    That excuse can’t always fly.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Siliyo said:

Rohit_316 said:

Typhoon said:

Aq compensation is nice but it's not the only game mode where people are having this issue.

Something is better than nothing i guess.
    That excuse can’t always fly.
    It's not. Since they are giving lot of glory , people won't complaint about shortage of t1a or t2a . Also other rank up items. Ideally if they wanted they wouldn't even deliver it today since nobody saw this coming today
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

I swear they had it but it was just cost more. My bad.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

I swear they had it but it was just cost more. My bad.
    Nop probably won’t be long before there getting it though I’m thinking there wil when map8 comes
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Any AW revives and pots coming ? The problems are not isolated to AQ.
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

SlumpGod said:

Someone needs to make those rewards tighter
    Wdym? I’ve already done my stuff lol. I’ve 100% every difficulty of EQ, I’ve started on my 7.1 explo which is going great. What does “make it tighter” mean?
    People were saying loose rewards, instead of lose, just a lil joke about tightening
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    any free resources are typically good in my book
  • Options
    BIGMAC9940BIGMAC9940 Posts: 15
    And it is BS. They have said their timetable is August 3rd to get it fixed. Which means getting wrecked trying to do anything for this month. Also if you happened to have stepped away from an alliance but still regularly play you DO NOT get this compensation and are getting screwed by KABAM.