Thoughts on no side quest

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,014 ★★★★
    I think the design this month is to push us into arena, the spider verse arena specifically has a lot of sinister 6 and spider verse champs for different objectives, and extra currency for the bugle store, which is a great range of rewards
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    I’m not reading all of those posts😂.

We don’t have a “side qiest”. BUT we do have a “side quest”.

In order to get a lot of those rewards, we HAVE to do as many of those missions= daily normal side quest grind.

I will say that I prefer it this way.

I like that no one is fully nosed. It’s just basic arena fights, basic duels, basic quest to repeat over and over for mission completion.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,600 ★★★★★
    The "catch a spider in action" is bugged, I defeated 6 spiderverse champs with light attacks and the counter is still the same.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Member Posts: 236
    This is objective based rewards make last side quest look like a blessing.
    For a game that is progression based, making u go and almost explore Normak and Master difficulty seems a bit stupid.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Member Posts: 236
    Kabam Boo said:

Thank you all for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the break from side quests, however some of you have also expressed that you'd prefer side quests. On the other hand, when we do have side quests, we often then hear the other side of the argument.

If you all don't mind, I'd like to better understand what elements about our events motivate you to feel this certain way about them:
    - what exactly about the side quests that you enjoy?
    - what exactly about the side quests that you do not enjoy?
    - what about this experience, in lieu of side quests, do you enjoy?
    - what about this experience, in lieu of side quests, do you not enjoy?

Fair to say that we will always hear from both sides of the argument, but it would be great to get some reasoning behind your thoughts on this so our team can understand this in more depth, rather than simply "side quest vs no side quest". Thank you in advance for your time! :)

No sidequest and objectives can be nice... But making players with a certain level of progression such as Cavallier and Thronebreaker almost explore lower level difficulties seems a bit insane.
    Completing the onjective on a higher difficulty should complete the lower ones as well automatically.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,458 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thank you all for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the break from side quests, however some of you have also expressed that you'd prefer side quests. On the other hand, when we do have side quests, we often then hear the other side of the argument.

If you all don't mind, I'd like to better understand what elements about our events motivate you to feel this certain way about them:

Fair to say that we will always hear from both sides of the argument, but it would be great to get some reasoning behind your thoughts on this so our team can understand this in more depth, rather than simply "side quest vs no side quest". Thank you in advance for your time! :)

As somebody who wants to enjoy the game but still have a life outside of the game - I’d prefer if it was (1) a low maintenance side quest (ie: no energy & no daily entries) or (2) no side quest like this month but you have 30 days to get what you want to get done.

I DISLIKE the side quests that force you to play everyday because sometimes after a long day at work, I simply just want to get my one or two lanes done in EQ and that’s it - other times I just want to log in for the calendar and call it there. Forcing me to log in just turns me off from playing the game for a time period.

The last side quests I really enjoyed was the Spider Ham side quests because (1) you had 7 days to complete that week’s chapter and (2) low energy so I can do my EQ run and then head over to the Side Quest no problem. Not to mention how you guys blessed us with a great amount of Cavalier Crystals for our efforts was superb.

Overall, I’d prefer something that’s low maintenance, low energy cost, something that’s rewarding, not tedious/repetitive. I will add I dislike how tedious it was to complete the “finish this fight against spider verse doing X task” - it’s annoying. I also find it annoying that you have a 3 day recurring event of fighting Sinister Six champions - I don’t want to be forced to play arena so often in a month. If you guys left the 14 day arena as it is without the 3 day event, I would have been ok with that.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★

Woah woah woah, wait a min people. We have 3 days for some objectives? 3 DAYS?! I didn’t check the timer because I assumed it’s for the entire month, but we have only 3 days for a certain objective? Someone please clarify this

@Thanos1149 its this
    Ohh ok thanks!
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,274 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

The "catch a spider in action" is bugged, I defeated 6 spiderverse champs with light attacks and the counter is still the same.

did you use a skill champ?

Searmenis said:

Of course!
    marino123 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Of course!

Light attack is the single tap attack. Did you use that or the dashing swipe attack? Swipe attack is a medium one. Also are you sing DOT champs? Maybe spideys are dying with the DOT?
    No and no, I really careful with this kind of "obstacles", because I don't want to do this over and over again. There was something similar 5-6 months ago if I remember correctly, and I had no problem back then. I m 100% sure it's a bug, except if Venom is not a spiderverse champ anymore, he's the one I duel all the time in arenas.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Searmenis said:

marino123 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Of course!

Light attack is the single tap attack. Did you use that or the dashing swipe attack? Swipe attack is a medium one. Also are you sing DOT champs? Maybe spideys are dying with the DOT?
    No and no, I really careful with this kind of "obstacles", because I don't want to do this over and over again. There was something similar 5-6 months ago if I remember correctly, and I had no problem back then. I m 100% sure it's a bug, except if Venom is not a spiderverse champ anymore, he's the one I duel all the time in arenas.
    It’s only spider verse heroes, not spider verse champs

Searmenis said:

marino123 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Of course!

It’s only spider verse heroes, not spider verse champs
    Oh, I missed the heroes part... I ll try it, thank you!
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 730 ★★★
    First, thanks to turn the thread in a constructive way!

My profile: 6-year of activity, Cavalier, late on some activities regarding my status of veteran.

In the end, the much better rewards than for the event quests, and a significantly better ratio rewards / spent time.

Another activity while there is (still) so much to do for an average player that has to choose:
    - Special events like SoP, boss rush or specific arenas
    - AQ and AW
    - Arenas
    - Event/monthly quest
    - Regular story
    - Variants
    - The activities « of Legends »
    Last month I only did the Uncollected level of the event quest plus some 1.1 and 1.2 paths for rewards. I spent more time on the Olympus side quest.

A little break!
    The rewards of the objectives that allow to buy some interesting items in the store, instead of useless iso or 4* champion crystal shards in the regular objectives. Moreover they are doable.

Too many objectives for a break, the record for 1 month. The list is frightening at first sight! It made me want to put the phone rather than playing.
    Specific arenas in addition to the event quest.

By the way 1: the cavalier style for the monthly event crystal is a good idea.

By the way 2: the communication for the new events is generally too long to read. OK, it tries to anticipate a lot of twisted questions of players and to put a context. But more highlighted words to read quickly the most important parts (and go quickly to the fights) would be appreciated.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,616 ★★★★
    This no side event is easy peasy and far less drama the. Repeating the same boring side event we’re used too.

Day 3 and the loot I have picked up is awesome
  • mattressmattress Member Posts: 474 ★★★
    I usually enjoy the SQs but I think it'll be less of a grind overall and the store has pretty decent rewards to compensate for it. The arena grinding should be quick and the objectives aren't terrible. Aarkus fights will be 8 days with duals, spidey objectives were done in about an hour, and I usually explore heroic- UC EQ every month anyway so Its really maybe extra day or two to run on normal. I'll probably have more time to do story content before the next event starts
  • Repto23Repto23 Member Posts: 786 ★★★
    At first i was happy to not have a side quest but not that ive realized i need to play through every difficulty to earn the top tier rewards its annoying. At least the SQ are usually energy free, right now im burning through refills to earn the snapshots.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

I like hard, short side quests that don't make me grind multiple paths and multiple difficulties. I liked the early labs when you only had to do one path. The node combinations were interesting and I liked trying to do them without the randomizers. The last one had more than one path and it became a grind and stopped being enjoyable. There are enough things to grind in the game without grindy side quests. I like the objectives on this experience except for the fact that if we want to do everything we not only have to complete every level of EQ (which isn't bad) but we have to run 3 paths on two quests of every difficulty. All in all it's good though.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Id rather have a quest than these tedious objectives

Good rewards and fun/interesting fights. 3-5 fights max per day.

When they're overly grindy or complicated. Last month's 10 fights a day were AWFUL. The summer event is so confusing that no one likes it.

I can do it at my own pace. Don't have a clock to follow

I HATE such specific objectives. The Vision ones are garbage. P2099 and G 2099 2 times each is just way too annoying. The class ones are pretty awful too cause you have to play the arena and keep track of the killing move.
  • satvik17satvik17 Member Posts: 76
    Kabam Boo said:

I like the fact that the side event varies every month and it's always something new and I should spend sometime studying and understanding it, makes me feel like I'm playing more than just a game. And Oh the rewards which differ from monthly quest and sometimes we get to pick the rewards we require. I Would like to have something like Root or any new mechanics to be brought back
    Kabam Boo said:

I don't mind the repetivity of side events but sometimes they kinda get boring especially when the difficulty I play is a bit harder than usual. I like the weekly side events more than playing the same side event the whole month. Weekly ones keep the hype up and keeps me on the edge and eager while I am waiting, playing the same quest for 28 or 35 times while I wait for a entry token everyday kinda bores me.
    Kabam Boo said:

Since I started playing this game in 2019, I feel like having no side event for the first time is kinda relaxing, it would be good if there's no side event atleast once a year so that players like me can catch up on other content. (I can't stop myself from 100% exploring all difficulties every month so this really helps me focus on Story or Variant or anything else other than spending my time on side event)
    Kabam Boo said:

There's nothing that I don't enjoy about having no side event, it is relaxing and feels less stressful for once. I would be mad if we didn't have the store or the side event rewards were cancelled too, along with the side event.