Options

How valuable is a 6* Nexus to you?

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
So I know we all have a certain amount of units/money we would pay for a 6* Nexus, but how many 6* shards would you pay for one?

I think it's pretty obvious that a 6* Nexus is worth more than 1 6* Crystal, or 10k shards, as you come out with one 6* but you have a choice of 3. But it's also equally clear that a 6* Nexus is worth less than 3 Crystals or 30k shards, since a nexus is just opening 3 crystals and only keeping the best one of the 3. So what do you value a Nexus at?

I think those who are working on expanding their rosters will tend to see 6* Nexus' (Nexi? Nexuses?) as less valuable relatively, if you have more champs you're chasing then maybe picking a champion at the cost of other 6* could be less worth the shards. But someone who has a wider roster may need specific champions so a nexus is more valuable. Additionally, the first player may pull a champion who is mid-high tier and think yes, that's an amazing pull, whereas the wider roster player is only really positively affected by pulling the top champs. So in a comparison of 3 pulls being 2 mid tier and a top tier, that's 3 great pulls for the first player, but that's only one game changer for the second player, so a nexus could be relatively more valuable to the second player.

In any case, please share your thoughts on this, I'm actually really interested in what everyone thinks on something where there just is no wrong answer. So where on the scale of 10-30k 6* shards do you value a Nexus? If a Nexus was sold, what amount of 6* shards would be the limit where you thought, actually I'd rather buy basics with this these shards?

How valuable is a 6* Nexus to you? 323 votes

11%
DNA3000Raganator2StarKingJadedMaverick75TeddersVerzzDarkrider05NojokejaymMase1127CupidpseudosaneReferenceAustin555555wvonkRaichu626NapaHerospiderbites0196Colinwhitworth69StevieManWonder 38 votes
35%
Crys23SiliyoLeNoirFaineantPalanthraxFrostyTheManMythLegendrishisaizuffyForwardAnurag1606captaincushCropDusterExHavokDOKTOROKTOPUSRacs0ThunderGodFurious_Fighter1HilldarWarlord5386rockykoston 114 votes
13%
winterthurDrZolaBitterSteelChadhoganWorld EaterJcray705benshbCazthanks4playingLvernon15GmonkeyCassySandeepSredsoxpatsfan89IKONWu_Bangerz23ZeezoosCtuchikChaos_Emperor786Seraphion 44 votes
31%
GamerTheTAbyssTheJalliHorror_punkJerryJiverTendersquadNoodes_HeroBoltsyF4k3_GaM3rMagrailothosSungjAspenAinyOliverJWborntohulaThatGuyYouSaw235AKTEKSceptilemaniacTotal_Domin01AgentDoom9 102 votes
1%
RockyshockyrivetRebornMVPTostig32Cap45RaviDavi 6 votes
3%
Primmer79TristanchrisfernendezzzPikoluIron_Patriot_is_litHSBodishika123AlmccarthyAce2319Frostyy_12_wasabi_Akuma9012 12 votes
2%
TheHeroDeservedrcm2017_hbtygbty423_Batman_bruce31dirt13jrYogesh123dreigon 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I thought this was units and I was gonna say ain’t nobody paying 12.5K+ units for a 6* nexus
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    15 I is too cheap
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    20k shards sounds about right
  • Options
    The other thing to take into account is champion buffs. Before the buffs started, you would rarely, if ever, choose a bad champ over a good tier champ but buffs really turn the table on that decision. Now due the buff program, picking Iron Patriot over Night Thrasher is actually a pretty good choice.

So having a choice of a bad champ and a good champ, is now much better than before the buffs. Because that bad champ could be the next magneto. Nexus choices are made more complex, and basic crystals go up in value relatively while Nexus crystals go down.

Say a Nexus costs 20k. A nexus with Torch, BlackBolt and Red Skull without the buff program is an easy choice and you don’t regret not picking the others, black bolt and red skull won’t help you. But with the buff program you might prefer to have had one of the other champs alongside torch since they are good candidates for buffs. So maybe that nexus isn’t quite worth 20k

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,101 ★★★★★
    I think the best answer is somewhere between the 15-20k range for a basic nexus crystal. I’d argue that actually pulling 2 6* champions, in the long run for most people, is more impactful than having the choice of 1 of 3. Obviously this will vary situationally, but I think that’s where I land.

I like the 17.5k option you have on the pool, I’m just not sure yet if that’s where I’d put my price point. It’s getting awfully close to that 20k number where a player starts thinking “why don’t I just pop two?” But 15k feels like it’s on the low end. I suppose a 15k nexus would invite comparisons to the Featured 6* crystal. What’re the odds of a new/good champ in the featured as compared to the basic nexus?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I’m not sure where precisely I’d place it, but definitely between 15-20k.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    A basic Nexus? Not very.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Can't really put it lower considering a lot of my top champs have come from nexus crystals.

Feel like the value changes depending on what the current featured looks like, at least for me.
    I'd be more willing to spend 20k shards on a nexus if the current featured was bad but less so if it's looking like last December's featured.
  • Options
    Rohit_316 said:

6* nexuses are overrated .

Yeah some people speak as if they're gods gift to rewards, but when you think about it, they're without argument worse than just getting 30k 6* shards and debatably worth a lot less.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

I think the best answer is somewhere between the 15-20k range for a basic nexus crystal. I’d argue that actually pulling 2 6* champions, in the long run for most people, is more impactful than having the choice of 1 of 3. Obviously this will vary situationally, but I think that’s where I land.

I like the 17.5k option you have on the pool, I’m just not sure yet if that’s where I’d put my price point. It’s getting awfully close to that 20k number where a player starts thinking “why don’t I just pop two?” But 15k feels like it’s on the low end. I suppose a 15k nexus would invite comparisons to the Featured 6* crystal. What’re the odds of a new/good champ in the featured as compared to the basic nexus?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I’m not sure where precisely I’d place it, but definitely between 15-20k.

Yeah without buffs, I think personally I'd lean towards 20k-22.5k as a good price, but since that champion you didn't pick could be diablo (sorry @DrZola ), I'm starting to think maybe I'd just go for 2 basic crystals with that amount, so maybe 17.5k is the cost I'd settle for
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,118 ★★★★★
    I think 20k for a nexus is overpriced now but it forces people to choose between getting two 6*’s or only 1 from a choice of 3. If nexus crystals were able to be acquired in game from 6* shards I think this is the route Kabam would want to go. Force people to make a difficult decision.

Similar to how the featured used to be and probably still is for a lot of people. Do I spend the extra 5k shards for a possibility at a new and exciting champ? Or do I just get 1 basic and then I’m halfway to another basic still?
  • Options
    Those saying 20k are out of their minds.
    It is a nice choice to have but i can guaranteed nobody is going to get a 6* nexus for 20k shards. That is downright laughable.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    Whatever it is, I wouldn't pay 20K 6 star shards for a nexus. You could get 2 6 stars at that cost and the chances are still not that great of pulling a desired champ.

Unless it's the Abyss 10-champ nexus of course.
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 408 ★★★
    Featured rarely gives you who you want.

20k is two champs and thinking endgame and progression, more 6*s are better
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I mean, look at the featured crystal. It gives you a one in twenty four chance of targeting a a champion, whereas a basic nexus is one in roughly 64. Of course, value isn’t just based on odds, but part of the premium cost of featureds is that they have featured champions

Dual class crystals limit the pool of champs to similar odds, and there still priced at 10k. Of course, they don’t let you choose.

That’s why I went 15k. I see their value as being roughly equivalent to that of a featured
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,608 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Yeah without buffs, I think personally I'd lean towards 20k-22.5k as a good price, but since that champion you didn't pick could be diablo (sorry @DrZola ), I'm starting to think maybe I'd just go for 2 basic crystals with that amount, so maybe 17.5k is the cost I'd settle for
    Couldn’t resist rubbing it in?

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Those saying 20k are out of their minds.
    It is a nice choice to have but i can guaranteed nobody is going to get a 6* nexus for 20k shards. That is downright laughable.

This topic is a very personal preference kinda thing, so maybe we could stay away from saying it’s laughable/out of their mind if you disagree with someone. We can have discussions without arguing and we can share view points without being insulting.

People are saying they would spend 20k on a nexus, so unless you’re calling them liars, I can tell you that people would spend 20k on a nexus. For some people it’s not as simple as what gets me the most champions, it’s more about roster progression.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Wicket329 said:

Couldn’t resist rubbing it in?

Dr. Zola
    It’ll be all the sweeter when you do pull him ;)
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I'm so glad that is purely hypothetical, because I would never be able to make up my mind.

Like all things in this game, it's entirely down to RNG. 10k 6* shards could be infinitely more valuable than a nexus if those 10k shards get you ghost and the nexus is a choice between 3 meme tiers.
  • Options
    Wordunken said:

Now I don’t necessarily agree with 20k being the right price, but i can empathise and I think it’s a little much to say people are getting scammed if they think it’s reasonable. Ultimately it comes down to what each player prioritises and how they view champion acquisition.

the reason ım calling this a scam is you earned those crystals shard by you own hard work and you have the right to get the possesion of two more 6 star champions. yeah they can be dupes or max sigs but making a deal with double the cost and giving you a decision of a single champ out of 3 is bad. this just plays with basic temptation/instinct riskng the odds (which this game has a lot to begin with) is downright cheap.
    I don’t think you’re getting my point. Sometimes players are in positions where 2 random champions you keep, isn’t better than 1 you keep but with 3 choices. You might disagree with that, and that is absolutely fine. I’m not telling you that you should think anything, but saying people are falling for scams just because they have a different opinion on a very opinion based subject is a bit much.

I literally started this discussion to discuss, and people are already being insulting and saying it’s laughable, falling for scams or being out of their minds. Just for having different opinions. Come on people, let’s just discuss without being argumentative
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 300
    17.5 seems close. 20 or higher seems like it would have to be class nexus. Otherwise the value of 2 champs isn’t overcome by the ability to choose. Plus featured being valued at 15k and sometimes offered for 13 sets the value higher than that.

It’s almost like no answer feels perfect