**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• StarLord_OutlwStarLord_Outlw Posts: 53

Is it just me or is the parry callout popping up but the defender isn’t stunned? This is the Cosmic Cav eq, and there’s no nodes that affect AAR. Is this some weird side effect of falter or am I just tripping?

This has been happening to me, too. Parry pops up on the screen but the defender isn't stunned. I didn't have this happen before 32.1.1. Before the update it didn't show parry and the defender would keep hitting into me, even though it was a good parry in action. Now it's giving the message of parry when I perform a well timed block, but the defender is still attacking. Now it seems like the status messages aren't tied to the defenders actions for parry, which is more confusing.

A specific example for me is Act 7.2.3 on the Vigor/Supercharge path there is a Ronin as the second champ to fight. I've tried fighting him with a few different champs, like Nick Fury, Falcon, and Magneto, and I've had parry show up with all 3 champs but Ronin is never stunned.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Cav EQ reduces DAAR by 100% while falter is active no?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Skim reading over the previous comments and I see I’m not the only one to be experiencing issues still. Before 32.1.1 I found I could still parry if I timed it earlier than normal but it did throw my game off. Now I can get the green parry tag but not stun the defender. Happened often enough I recorded my next fight and there it is.

I’m on iPhone XS Max, iOS 14.7.1

For the Cosmic EQ here, even though you can still gain the vigilance buff to prevent your hits from missing when falter occurs, the falter is still affected by the faltering mind node where while the falter is active your attacker's defensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100% which will cause parry to fail. So not related to parry issues.
  • Pelu1Pelu1 Posts: 38

Skim reading over the previous comments and I see I’m not the only one to be experiencing issues still. Before 32.1.1 I found I could still parry if I timed it earlier than normal but it did throw my game off. Now I can get the green parry tag but not stun the defender. Happened often enough I recorded my next fight and there it is.

I’m on iPhone XS Max, iOS 14.7.1

For the Cosmic EQ here, even though you can still gain the vigilance buff to prevent your hits from missing when falter occurs, the falter is still affected by the faltering mind node where while the falter is active your attacker's defensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100% which will cause parry to fail. So not related to parry issues.
    It's not only about this quest and not only parry, there is combo issue and few more. We are facing all these bugs in arena and in other quests.
  • MyDyingBrideMyDyingBride Posts: 26
    Before the update parry and dexterity was so random to me (sometimes triggered sometimes not)
    After the update i have the same issue plus new issues, Parry and dex is still too random , sometimes they’re working fine sometimes not.
    and I had the same new issue mentioned here , after successful 5 hits combo i can’t swipe back (sometimes not always).

Even sometimes it fails to perform 5th hit combo , sometimes my champs stops after 4 hits and i get slapped.

Everything is so random to me , nothing work properly.

I tried again in today’s offseason war (to test the parry at wars) brought Magneto to path 3 on section 1 , I had 2 fights first fight was Dragon man and Magneto worked perfect , second fight was Warlock and Magneto failed to trigger the parry few times and I KOed…..
    I don’t know how it will act in Alliance war during the season
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    Make sure you continue to give us useless AQ-only revives and potions as compensation for your broken disaster too. You think we actually need them? 6 weeks into this broken update, you should be seriously increasing the value of the compensation.
  • StarLord_OutlwStarLord_Outlw Posts: 53
    Act 7.2.4 there's an unstoppable colossus on the oscillate/cosmic ascendancy path. When his fury is up it's just frustrating. Take a cosmic for superiority, or a science for the class advantage, and it doesn't matter. His first attack is so quick it's almost impossible to parry or even block him after completing a combo when he counters in fury mode. This has to be one of the worst issues with parry and block that I've come across because it blocks progress if you're trying to go down a path like this.
  • GeneralBlaggerGeneralBlagger Posts: 22

Ah, that makes sense. I’ve been reading everything trying to find my my ability accuracy gets wiped and it’s not mentioned anywhere.

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    milomike said:

Make sure you continue to give us useless AQ-only revives and potions as compensation for your broken disaster too. You think we actually need them? 6 weeks into this broken update, you should be seriously increasing the value of the compensation.

AQ compensation was precisely for AQ only omg. They said they would start offering normal, big compensation soon even if the issue isn't completely fixed.

• Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Last night, from 9-11pm CST everything was perfect.

This morning, 0600-0700 having the “parry” with no parry effect.

Variant 5.2.2
    Using 6*Doom, 6*sym supreme, 5/65 hood, 5/65 venom, 6*mephisto

Maybe this can help?

Everyone, please give kabam specifics when you can. They want this fixed more than we do.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Iphone 7se
    V14.7.1
    edited August 2021
    Now there is new bug. Some time champs are not taking heavy. They just stand still. Lol what is going on in the game. I don't know I will be able to clear cavalier quest this month or not. Also just spend 300 units in Pelu1 account for sop due to these parry, dex and combo issues.
  • Destr0yerDestr0yer Posts: 47
    Deder80 said:

milomike said:

Cancel the next war season, just as you did the previous month. The game is simply not stable enough to attempt this. Going on 6 weeks now, the late hot fix, made matters much worse; at times it’s literally unplayable. Inputs and gameplay are still very “off” feeling. The lag, freezing and crashing aren’t helping. Parry works your first attempt, doesn’t the next, then you can’t dex to evade a special, the next fight the game crashes. 2 deaths that normally wouldn’t happen, cost revives and potions (which are still needing a massive update and improvement in War, but that’s a whole different topic) we normally wouldn’t use for many fights. Deaths in war are different when it comes down to defensive placement, attacker selection, the difficulty of the nodes, and player skill. However, when some of the most basic and much needed game mechanics do not work (parry/dex), uncalled for and unnecessary deaths will happen, potentially costing losses. This is unacceptable.

People spend money in this game, and are currently paying for a broken and damaged product. Any other business would be jumping thru hoops to accommodate to keep their customers happy. The AQ compensation week after week, simply does not equate to the lost items of an entire cancelled war season, the revives/potions being used in EQ, Act 7, summer of pain, etc. In fact, much of the compensation cannot be used, and expires in overflow; even the glory is getting to a point it cannot be used, as we can only make certain amounts of glory purchases, and the glory store is very dated with items many players do not need.

In case you need it, the latest and greatest versions…
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    iOS 14.7.1
    Mcoc whatever update just further broke the game.

I 100% agree with this! Dex is so off. If you don’t dex way before your stuck take block damage. Good luck trying to re-parry. It works sometimes most other times your stuck taking block damage. And I really want to know from the community if any of you are experiencing your champs doing a light, or medium dash attack when you hit block? I know I can’t be the only person this happening to?ive tried posting a video on it but forms won’t let me. Go figure lol. Someone said here in forms that the animation does not match the controls and they are so right. If they fix the controller issue the game would be fine.
    You are not alone in experiencing these issues. I've mentioned before in one of my posts that it appears that the touchscreen interface had been tinkered with. It happens only in this game app that my swipes might be registered as taps. It seems the whole gesture recognition module is not independent of but rather is affected by other processes in the game. What would be helpful if Kabam devs tested the game on their phones and either told us that it works fine or got to the bottom of it and explained to us why it does not.
    I just figured out. The champs stand still when you parry opponent. It neither take heavy, Medium or Sp attack. Don't know how many more bugs to come.
  • BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    I am an Android user and The lagging has got worse after i updated the game.