**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Korg counters….

NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I continue to have problems with Korg in AW regardless of the node. Besides “get gud”, who are some good counters for him?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    How so with havok?
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    White Magneto.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I find dr doom works very well.
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★
    Bwcv or torch with prefight on so korg can’t purify the debuffs
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    edited September 2021
    Domino with red hulk synergy or just domino.
  • tofuシtofuシ Posts: 220 ★★
    i really like ghost for korg
    phase and then throw lights get rid of rock shield
    throw sp2 bam and repeat
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Human Torch does great. I've taken plenty whether it be on Polka Dot Power (don't use prefight), Buffet or Strike Counter (use prefight)
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    There's many champs that work for korg, it might be easier for you to post your roster to narrow the selection rather than list them all.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Falcon, Red Mags
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Max Sig namor
    Stryfe
    Mags
    Or any energy base champ

Apoc for better fight control as he can't shrug his stun
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Namor at max sig reflects all the damage he would get, and at a very high sig but not max, he’d reflect most of the damage. Other good counters are Quake, Havok and Falcon
  • CmaroCmaro Posts: 229 ★★
    My Best counter on 23 Mixmaster Korg definitely Diablo sp3 and its over
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    I use doom on mixmaster node almost every aw, but there are a bunch of others already mentioned. Just happens to go well with the rest of my path.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Nuclekerr said:

How so with havok?

Non-contact medium/Hvy attacks don't trigger the Thorns damage. Havok's basically immune to Korg's passive damage, except for the kick on his SP2.

The Damage also don't act if the opponent's basic attacks deal energy damage, which includes a lot of champs these days - Doom and Magneto being top examples.

Havok also punishes people who shrug off his Plasma debuffs. So you can spam SP1 to eat away at Korg's health, although this can maintain his Rock Shield.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Prof X
  • Sorcerer supreme is best counter she can apply slow debuff and also nullify his unstoppable buff
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    I use falcon almost every time but will throw in claire voyant for a change of pace
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Nuclekerr said:

How so with havok?

energy attacks don't trigger his thorns.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Nuclekerr said:

How so with havok?

Just fight normally against him trying to intercept and not dext and wait til he runs out of rock stacks to use a special
  • Crossbones
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I usually use red mags. Not perfect, but been wanting to try bishop once they fix duels.
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    I use Prof in AW against him in mix master node or Falcon ( lock on) which negates both thorn and evade effects.