**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Professor X

2»

Comments

• GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I'm finding him amazing.

Speaking about synergies, the magnet synergy is crazy, I love it.

What other synergy do you think is amazing?
  • xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    I take 3 mutants to war. Rank 5 Colossus and rank 5 magneto both duped along with professor x rank 4 unduped. I have the liquid courage synergy and they actually gain some health with the poison synergy they have. Also I just need prof x to win one fight and he has another cerebro charge. That means the poison immunity and other specials on magneto and colossus go nuts
  • I recently got PX as a 5* before the last two AW’s. I was able to take him up to r4 and use him with my r3 6* Havok and my r5 5* Magneto in one war and Havok and Sunspot in another. Let me just say, that mutant Special attack boost synergy is amazing. Plus the synergy he has with magneto where the mental barrier takes dmg before your champ does is pretty nice as well.
  • MCOC_JCMMCOC_JCM Posts: 169

I take 3 mutants to war. Rank 5 Colossus and rank 5 magneto both duped along with professor x rank 4 unduped. I have the liquid courage synergy and they actually gain some health with the poison synergy they have. Also I just need prof x to win one fight and he has another cerebro charge. That means the poison immunity and other specials on magneto and colossus go nuts

I have an awakened r5 Colossus and unawakened r5 Red Magneto and recently pulled 5* Professor X. I recently pulled 2 mutant awakening gems. Should I awaken Magneto and Prof X?
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, the hype about professor X and Apocalipse are gone and since professor X is available on this featured 5 stars crystal I figured many people should have him by now.

I just got him and I'm enjoying him but other than that, what do you guys think of him?

Not talking about synergyes, just him as a playable champ.

I explored 7.2 and he was my go to champ for beating gwenmaster everytime, because I'm hopeless with reverse controls 😁
  • LivingAfroLivingAfro Posts: 99
    edited October 2021
    I am uncollected, and pulled a 5* professor X from a legendary crystal last week. So far, I am really enjoying playing him as I think most people have said. Once you know how to play him, I don't think it's too hard. How helpful do you think he will be for progressing into late act 5 and into act 6?
  • KGW186KGW186 Posts: 171
    He’s going to be my go to for the GM fight just for the safety of no reverse controls I think.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Prof X is great and enjoy playing him. He has good animations, great synergies and does amazing damage once ramped up / used properly.

Obv there some weaknesses in him ie low healthpool and not suicide friendly.
    There was a forum post before about how to use him effectively but I only have a ss so cant post link here, maybe it was @Rockypantherx , idr, but that helped me with his playstyle a lot.

edit...just realized this is an old post....
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Prof X is great and enjoy playing him. He has good animations, great synergies and does amazing damage once ramped up / used properly.

Obv there some weaknesses in him ie low healthpool and not suicide friendly.
    There was a forum post before about how to use him effectively but I only have a ss so cant post link here, maybe it was @Rockypantherx , idr, but that helped me with his playstyle a lot.

It’s this:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/235660/class-is-in-session
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Can’t believe I got to kill grey’s comment before realising how old this is.
    Malreck04 said:

You can tell this is fairly old not only because the original post says he’s in the featured but the fact grean has actually commented on this thread
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

Malreck04 said:

You can tell this is fairly old not only because the original post says he’s in the featured but the fact grean has actually commented on this thread
    Not to mention saying he's equivalent to sunspot. What happened to grean? Muted?
    edited October 2021

Malreck04 said:

Not to mention saying he's equivalent to sunspot
    even funnier that Sungj replied to say sunspot was worse, reminds me of this every time I see it: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/257162/definitive-proof-that-unstoppable-colossus-is-an-endgame-tier-line-clearer
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    PX was my go to champ for Gwenmaster and he got me thru last phase of Grandmaster. Awesome champ.
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269

I hate his prefight animation. Just a waste of my time so he gets side lined. Sim8lar with squirrel girl. I actually have fun fighting with her but the put the dumbest post fight animation so i never use her

LMAO! I feel same about Hercules wink after fight! Many people don’t mind it though.
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269

why is it that this thread gets necroed every october?

Maybe it’s Halloween cursed?!?!

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

why is it that this thread gets necroed every october?

See you in October 2023
  • Too much necromancy this month
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I have him r3 unduped, and he’s not always my first option, but when he is he’s an absolute beast. High Damage ceiling, not too tricky of a play style, and plenty of utility