**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gifting Requirements

Comments

• Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    I

I'd rather it require uncollected than have the stupid creation cut off. I'd have no problem pushing the alt I made on the 21st to UC to qualify, I can't go back in time a create it a day sooner.

That's exactly why it exists. To prevent people who jumped on the band wagon from taking advantage of it.
    So everyone who caught onto the changes early or saw BGs video right away are fine gaining those benefits but the "bandwagoners" are doing something illegitimate? There's no logic behind someone who made an account on the 19th being able to gift and someone who did on the 20th. The level 40 and act 4 completion are sufficient, hell make it lvl 40 and UC if they really think it's necessary, the date cutoff doesn't make sense. Again it'll be better in the end for me when I save the money I would've wasted and don't leave gifting with my usual rng regret.
  • Options
    Summoner006Summoner006 Posts: 28
    Two questions regarding the requirements:
    1. If an alt was made ON the 20th, is it valid for the gifting event?
    2. If the alt is valid by creation date, can you unlock the gifting badge during the event, by completing Act 4/reaching level 40 after the beginning of gifting?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

I

I'd rather it require uncollected than have the stupid creation cut off. I'd have no problem pushing the alt I made on the 21st to UC to qualify, I can't go back in time a create it a day sooner.

That's exactly why it exists. To prevent people who jumped on the band wagon from taking advantage of it.
    So everyone who caught onto the changes early or saw BGs video right away are fine gaining those benefits but the "bandwagoners" are doing something illegitimate? There's no logic behind someone who made an account on the 19th being able to gift and someone who did on the 20th. The level 40 and act 4 completion are sufficient, hell make it lvl 40 and UC if they really think it's necessary, the date cutoff doesn't make sense. Again it'll be better in the end for me when I save the money I would've wasted and don't leave gifting with my usual rng regret.
    Not everyone who saw the video the moment it was posted ran out and started making Accounts. The bottom line is, they had to have restrictions. Undoubtedly, they have the data to justify what those restrictions are. No matter what they set, there will be people who are unhappy with it.
  • Options
    _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    edited November 2021
    Had to dump 2k units on cyber deal for my 3rd alt made on 11/23 :(
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    The Creation Period Restriction I believe is a good way to go but the Level 40 Requirement really screws over new players

It should’ve been the same as last year’s with Clearing Act 2
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

The Creation Period Restriction I believe is a good way to go but the Level 40 Requirement really screws over new players

It should’ve been the same as last year’s with Clearing Act 2

It would be great for newer players and casual alt farmers if that were the case, but it would also be great for exploiters and botters, which is the main issue the level 40 is trying to address.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    @KingInBlack - check your November calendar to see how many days you have claimed and double check you start date. Maybe you didn’t get an in game update right away.
  • Options
    Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★

There goes all my hope and dreams to get back into this game. Didnt play for 2 years now and kinda missing playing sometimes. I was honestly exited with an opportunity to jump into mcoc again, but nope. Without gifting event its not worth the time trying to play end game anymore.

If you’re only in to rig a gifting event, and didn’t find this month’s SQ “endgame” enough, stay logged out and go play something else.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Well, my newest is from November 10 and the other one is from a past year, so I guess I just have to grind some act 4
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    Looks like I’ll have a few alts that qualify. Free Abyss exploration coming soon.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    IMO the lvl 40 requirement is overkill.

The main requirement should just be the date of acct creation. So if anyone set up an ALT pre 20 Nov 2021 then they should be allowed to participate in the upcoming gifting event

As things stand this lvl requirement hurts those very casual low level players. Kabam should re-evaluate the lvl requirement
  • Options
    Hort4 said:

@KingInBlack - check your November calendar to see how many days you have claimed and double check you start date. Maybe you didn’t get an in game update right away.

9 days claimed on the calendar, including today which I'm guessing means it was made on the 20th 😂
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Hort4 said:

Bulmkt said:

The main requirement should just be the date of acct creation. So if anyone set up an ALT pre 20 Nov 2021 then they should be allowed to participate in the upcoming gifting event

As things stand this lvl requirement hurts those very casual low level players. Kabam should re-evaluate the lvl requirement

You think very casual low level players give a **** about the gifting event? People complaining are using alt accounts to feed main accounts.
    Really? What about me? New players get to know about this game from the gifting event.. Thats when they wanna join... Like me

The mentality in here doesn't give a **** about new players. Only concern here is how to stop exlpoit for 10 11 account holders.
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited November 2021

Hort4 said:

Bulmkt said:

You think very casual low level players give a **** about the gifting event? People complaining are using alt accounts to feed main accounts.
    Yeah, if we had a bunch of level 20 players storming the forum claiming it’s awful then we may have a different situation on our hands.

The fact that the vast majority of complaints here are “I can’t gift my main now”, just proves Kabam is doing the right thing.
    All aren't aware of forums specially new players... Otherwise that number of players would definitely be a worthy bunch to spam forums...
  • Options

Two questions regarding the requirements:
    1. If an alt was made ON the 20th, is it valid for the gifting event?
    2. If the alt is valid by creation date, can you unlock the gifting badge during the event, by completing Act 4/reaching level 40 after the beginning of gifting?

I'm betting this won't get an official answer. I just need to know for the creation portion, the rest will be finished before we get there.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Hort4 said:

Bulmkt said:

The fact that the vast majority of complaints here are “I can’t gift my main now”, just proves Kabam is doing the right thing.
    Here’s the thing. I made an alt November 14th so that alt could theoretically gift if I got him to 40. However as I kind of assumed that Kabam would enact some over the top gifting restrictions I opted to blow that stash of units on the CW store and landed 2 5*’s out of it.

My biggest point of contention is with my other alts made long before the changes to early acts was even a thought in the eye of the intern they hired before I started playing the game. I now have to grind out the entirety of act 4 and get 15 levels before that one can gift.

But this is also the same alt that I used for gifting last year. That’s also the same alt that has more units than my main account. That’s also the one that gifted my main the most GGC, I’d say over double what my others alts did combined. But something was allowed to do last year I now can’t unless I grind out act 4.

I agree with the restrictions on accounts made after the act 1-3 unit bank. But to enact those on other accounts made over a year ago for the sole purpose to gift my main and a few friends is a bit heavy handed. Last year I am sure the level restriction was 25. And that’s where that alt ended. I logged in to collect the calendar and daily deals only. So it’s punishing myself and people like me, who did things by the book and didn’t take advantage of recent events.