Options

Help me choose my first Tech R3

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,780 ★★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all -

Recently managed to form my first Tech R3. My 5* Tech roster is pretty stacked, but as much as possible want to bring some new capability with my first R3.

While I do have Guilly 2099, and I know in the hands of a great player she is the strongest option, I’m at best a mediocre player so maintaining her at a high hit count is a challenge, and frankly I find the mechanic of needing to end her fights with a S3 really annoying. I will R2 her for her utility when I can get some additional mats together, but don’t see taking her to R3 until I’m a better player.

Given this, I’m leaning pretty heavily towards Ultron or maybe Nimrod. Both are good options, but feel like Ultron has a bit of an edge as he hits a bit harder against non mutants as long as they bleed.

I also have a tech AG I could use on whoever I rank. Tempted to use it - particularly on Ultron - but will probably hold off until at least Friday in case Kabam does a AG upgrade option in the upgrade store.

For reference, here is my ranked 6* roster (Cable and up are ranked, and Aegon and AA are going to R3 at the next level up event) as well as my Tech roster:

Help me choose my first Tech R3 122 votes

Ultron (not awakened)
57%
2StarKingCaptain_007_Austd001_Bpn88855thanks4playingStfckrSungjCropDusterNojokejaymKaraKartalOleyOshEbAICSDogfoodLidBrokenArchdemon_GoddessIliasJuggerNotspiderbites0196RookiieRockypantherxEtjama 70 votes
Nimrod (not awakened)
16%
Uncle_Fatty_247pseudosaneTatteredSailMalreck04Reaper2823QacobGhostPoolSpiderBigKidScottyUvoginMasterpuff_ReefCharlie21540DawsManTheGodfather39ShannokTheBoogyManCyrillFromTulaAidenTheWiseKingInBlack13579rebel_ 20 votes
Punisher 2099 (awakened, sig 20)
5%
Osfan8ShinobiGuypsp742MiStaLovaMCOCHazzaYodabolt21LBN1 7 votes
Nebula (unawakened)
5%
StingerbkCainLucifer_666Skydad23NastyPhishScrubhanDualityCope 7 votes
War Machine (awakened, sig 20)
0%
Other (please specify)
14%
JadedAzKicker316DuMonUFeeney234UnsilentLucky7LucianoUsername19273SoulOfDarknessXguard77BuggyDClownCap45spuddy1924OoooiiiiieeeeeeRunavargrWasy1CheefTacoMONSTER1_The_man001 18 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    edited December 2021
    G99 or wating to ghost
  • Options
    RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    Other (please specify)
    I would Guil 99, ultron is nice to but I think g99 would be a stronger option.
  • Options
    Terry_BolleaTerry_Bollea Posts: 54
    edited December 2021
    I would wait for better options
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Ultron (not awakened)
    *Sad Doc Ock noises*
  • Options
    Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 98
    Other (please specify)
    G99
  • Options
    Zhahovic7Zhahovic7 Posts: 35
    Ultron (not awakened)
    Great 6* roster man!
  • Options
    CheefTacoCheefTaco Posts: 6
    Other (please specify)
    Guilly 2099, using sp3 to end fights
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Ultron (not awakened)
    Him or nimrod.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    Nimrod (not awakened)
    I wish I had a 6* nimrod to r3. The role he fills (obliterating mutantkind) he's second to none at. I just maxed my 5* over taking another 6* to r3 and he was a monster for me exploring cav eq as my mutant destroyer. Being your first tech r3 you may need wider use but if you can afford to use the rank up to fill that role he's your guy.
  • Options
    Zhahovic7 said:

Great 6* roster man!

Thanks! That was not the case for my first 30-35 6*’s, but the last 6 months the RNG has been kind to me.
  • Options

I wish I had a 6* nimrod to r3. The role he fills (obliterating mutantkind) he's second to none at. I just maxed my 5* over taking another 6* to r3 and he was a monster for me exploring cav eq as my mutant destroyer. Being your first tech r3 you may need wider use but if you can afford to use the rank up to fill that role he's your guy.

I do definitely like Nimrod and agree that he is a mutant destroyer. However, since this is my first R3 I feel like I want as broad a use as possible. Ultron also does a great job laying Mutants to waste, but also hits pretty strongly outside of the mutant class as long as they bleed.
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 339 ★★
    Ultron (not awakened)
    Look man, just take ultron up and thank me later k
  • Options
    OshEbAICSOshEbAICS Posts: 21
    Ultron (not awakened)
    Ultron is a supper solid option
  • Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    Other (please specify)
    Ultron is solid, but gully is better, much better. She carried me everywhere, she does all eq, sq, act 6 and act 7 with great utility and some of the highest damage in the game
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Other (please specify)
    Guilly 2099. Hands down
  • Options
    SugewhiteSugewhite Posts: 18
    Guilly99 no doubt
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    Ultron (not awakened)
    Ultron
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Ultron (not awakened)
    I picked Ulton because my kid told me to pick him.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 557 ★★★
    Other (please specify)
    Guilly99
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Nimrod (not awakened)
    Unique
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

You definitely seem to be forgetting some other tech champs... 2nd to none is a bit of a stretch
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 669 ★★★
    Ultron (not awakened)
    Werewrym said:

You definitely seem to be forgetting some other tech champs... 2nd to none is a bit of a stretch
    I disagree, I have a R5 awakened Nimrod and he destroys almost all mutants better than any other tech champ. There’s just a few that may have better options. But between the sig ability and the ability to convert regen and prowess to shock debuffs, he ramps up incredibly fast and deals massive damage.
    That said as his first R3 I think Ultron is a better overall choice. But Nimrod is a close second.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Other (please specify)
    You have very solid roster you can't got wrong with either Ultron or Nimrod. Both have their own places in meta
    If I were you, I would R3 g2099 without any hesitation. I have her at r3 and she was my 1st tech and 2nd r3 of my roster.
    So bring so much to table , that it's hard to pass on her even if you have warlock too( tho both have different utilities.and I have g2099 and Ghost at r3 and I use g2099 more than her). It's actually misunderstanding that you need to finish very fight with sp3. I use her in map 6 with epic mods and I only ramp up for boss fights. She can melt fights between 90k to 150k even un ramped in Aq. For me she is best Tech champ ( not generalizing as Ghost is no 1).Giver her try.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

I disagree, I have a R5 awakened Nimrod and he destroys almost all mutants better than any other tech champ. There’s just a few that may have better options. But between the sig ability and the ability to convert regen and prowess to shock debuffs, he ramps up incredibly fast and deals massive damage.
    That said as his first R3 I think Ultron is a better overall choice. But Nimrod is a close second.
    Don't get me wrong, I still love Nimrod and currently he is #1 on my wishlist, but Sentinel rivals him in every way.
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 578 ★★★
    Punisher 2099 (awakened, sig 20)
    People are really sleeping on this guy. He was my first R3 and I use him all the time. Best power control in the game, great damage, utility, regen. Pair him up with Cap IW and it's even better.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,036 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Don't get me wrong, I still love Nimrod and currently he is #1 on my wishlist, but Sentinel rivals him in every way.
    Who would you say is the better of the 2?