**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you like the new UI?

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

TheVyrus said:

_Sham_ said:

TheVyrus said:

It feels designed to make us do more clicking, and personally that is one thing I truly hate among web services. I always tell my development team at work to minimize the number of clicks clients need to use, but they take the same attitude of not caring about user experience. It is what it is.

but we have less click now. Before we had to go to home each time to go somewhere. Now menu is accessible from anywhere.
    That was never my experience. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but the menu has always been pull down. The extra clicks I see is that menu that replaces the scrolling windows I never had to touch.
    No there wasn't. you had to click on the icon which loaded the home screen with tabs then you click on tab you wanted.

Now it is drop doqn menu which bring you where you want without going to home screen.
    Just to make sure my memory wasn't playing tricks on me, I tested this on both an iPhone and iPad not yet updated, and in both there's a pulldown. The home screen has buttons along the top, but on any screen not the home screen a button appears next to the gear button at the upper left which drops down the same buttons from the home screen. Two taps gets you to any screen from any other screen (other than the home screen where one tap will do).
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

This looks cleaner for sure but certain elements of it look awkward and the scaling in general seems to be off

Things look better on my iPad Pro than my 11 Max, so I'm guessing this is a screen real estate usage issue with the interface. Hopefully they can make this look less weird on different sized screens.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

I personally love seeing this schmexy beast whenever I open my game
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Yes, love it
    Jokepool said:

There will be some visual improvements to the navbar in next month's update that should make it look a bit cooler and fit a bit better.

We are going to have to deal with this for a month?C'om men!Is small and unpractable. It reall lookes like a mess. This was a bad bad idea. Why dont you spend those human resources getting parry fixed?

What about fixing the bugs instead? 🤯🤯🤯

This might help with the confusion many people have in terms of the "why this?" and "why not that?" that we seem to be coming across all threads.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Yes, love it
    DNA3000 said:

This might help with the confusion many people have in terms of the "why this?" and "why not that?" that we seem to be coming across all threads.

Somehow, I doubt it. People have been asking this question for almost as long as I've been coming to the forums. It is literally no different than asking the person at the reservation desk why they are just standing around when they could be helping to fix the engine trouble their aircraft is having, which now that I type this is probably a thing that actually happens.
    I know.. There's always going to be a few who don't want to hear it. Still, I got to try.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    Everything else is fine but the tab buttons should be bigger like they used to.be & units should be smaller
    The fat units number & on the nose "what's new" are just too ugly fr my liking
    But I like the changes to other screens such as the crystals, items, store etc.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Downright ugly
    The menu selection buttons are too small and there is so much empty space to both sides of them that they could easily have been made to fit the space better. They need to be wider so you can easily hit the one you are intending to.

As someone else mentioned, the number of items shown on certain menu icons (especially like the crystals) doesn't fit in the very narrow box for the individual icons and overlaps the icons next to them. This looks very bad and I don't understand how this made it into the live game.

All the empty space to the left and especially the right of the champion displayed on the main screen looks really weird. If you are going to have all this empty space in the middle of the screen (which I am fine with if it looks better) you could at least move the displayed champion all the way to the left so the empty space isn't broken up unevenly to the left and right of them and is just on the right side.

The unit number being too big looks bad but I don't really care if they fix that quickly or not. The menu buttons should be fixed soon and not make us wait another month or more to fix them.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    why are the button options smaller and gloomy with the color gray.... not sure what kabam was going for... but if its anything like their bugs i guess they are sticking to it till it breaks the game

• Options
    PicoBpPicoBp Posts: 35
    Downright ugly
    Besides the horribly executed main screen, the champion background also got changed just to include a tiny bit of dynamic presentation. But at the cost of lookin far too busy and hard on the eyes on the grid. :(
  • Options
    Downright ugly
    If you open any other screen (champions, inventory, solo/alliance event objectives screen, etc.) from the crystal screen it still takes about 7 seconds to reload the crystal screen by backing out to the main crystal screen and if you click the crystal menu icon instead of backing out it takes at least 17 seconds to reload the main crystal screen.

I thought part of the purpose of this redesign was to reduce loading times. Just because there isn't an actual loading screen doesn't make loading time where the screen is blank or frozen not count as loading time.
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    Downright ugly
    I feel like Galactus trying to eat a regular bag of Skittles when trying to click the buttons.
    I really wish this was an option and not forced.
  • Options
    TheCipeTheCipe Posts: 29
    Downright ugly
    Good effort, I definitely like the performance of it. Visually the buttons are small and the empty space feels wasted.
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    It's okay
    Execution is awful but the idea is nice and hopefully next month is better
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    UI performance is better, but visually there is a lack of contrast and where your eyes are drawn.

The base screen seems oddly scaled, with the champion on display being extremely large and dominating the visual space, while the menu buttons are oddly small in comparison.

When in the fight screen, there is a lack of clarity in terms of if you are currently in a quest or not. The 'In Progress' text doesn't haven't any contrast to it which makes it easy to miss. The previous UI had it easy to see that you were currently doing a Story Quest by having the text around that be highlighted.
  • Options
    NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    Downright ugly
    🤢
  • Options
    It's not that it's ugly, it's just visually unpleasant. There is so much crowding and wasted space throughout the whole screen now. The unit number being enlarged seems unintentional, the menu just looks love a broken drop down now. It could be better and hopefully this minimal visual changes next month do something
  • Options
    ctl131ctl131 Posts: 31
    Not a fan of it
    I'm not really sure the point of it; the changes are all so minor they don't really improve anything IMO, and some of them are just unappealing visually. With all the issues the game has had the last year or so, the UI was legit the last thing they should be worrying about updating.
  • Options
    Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★
    It's okay

This UI is good but needs improvement, like the home, fight, alliance buttons are small needs some size improvement.

This one looks plain, no borders, and it's size needs to be reduced.

I think whenever we finished a quest, we get notifications, which is finished like number on it, but there is nothing here even after I finished it.
    This is all I noticed till now.
  • Options
    ctl131ctl131 Posts: 31
    Not a fan of it
    For the record, I was talking about the visual component of the UI in terms of there being no improvements, the increased speed/fluidity of transitions between screens is very impressive and should be applauded.
  • Options
    Downright ugly
    The lit up buttons on the objectives showing you can claim items from milestones that you have reached as well as the lit up continue button on quests you are currently running when you go back to the fight screen are not working. The buttons are still there but they don't light up or flash or whatever it was they did before anymore.
  • Options
    Theshark1Theshark1 Posts: 77
    Downright ugly
    We ain’t little kids these buttons are almost too small for my 5 year old but I’ve seen you make the unit store on the top right huge. Gotta love it lol