**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    So you realise top 45 is gated behind payawall
    Also I never had or will have a single issue about being in top AQ.
    On my best day of mcoc, grinding the game every day, I don't consider about being in top 45 AQ.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

On my best day of mcoc, grinding the game every day, I don't consider about being in top 45 AQ.

It’s only gated behind a self imposed player paywall. This is an open market in full force.
    Lemme know how many f2p players are in top45.
    I have every skill to be in any competitive alliance. Show us the "said" players without spending in these alliances. I don't have any issues with this either.

But when kabam includes "f2p players need to be in competitive alliance to get r4 mats" where is the logic in that?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

It’s only gated behind a self imposed player paywall. This is an open market in full force.
    I have every skill to be in any competitive alliance. Show us the "said" players without spending in these alliances. I don't have any issues with this either.

But when kabam includes "f2p players need to be in competitive alliance to get r4 mats" where is the logic in that?
    You'd be surprised honestly. Not saying there are tons but I promise there are more than you think
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I admit that the discussion took a wrong turn and I wouldn't want it to look like I'm being opposed to players.
    I want to know how many f2p people have 3 r4s.as mentioned in their statement.
    I was never against spenders in the first place.

It's about me doing everything, grinding regular arena, being amongst the top, but not at the summit.
    But this is the first time a Content "soon to be released" is behind paywall.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

I admit that the discussion took a wrong turn and I wouldn't want it to look like I'm being opposed to players.

It's about me doing everything, grinding regular arena, being amongst the top, but not at the summit.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. It's not behind a paywall. EoP isn't only for Paragon title holders. So please tell me how it's paywalled?
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

The problem is content gated on a title just after announcing it's launch.
    I don't want EOP rewards gated behind a title that you own by paying for it. This is the only thing that I care about in current situation.
    I will not care "IF" EoP will be permanent. 'IF' it is temporary, then this is BS.

What was the longest time before a big content was gated behind a progression title after it was introduced?

I really don't care if I don't get Paragon July 4th unit offers.
    My unit spend:
    5k last July
    18k CW
    8.5k Gifting
    10k 7.4. completion.
    These are 99% grinded units.
    + Explored SOP and Gauntlet both.

Been playing map8 since its been live, been in p3 for many seasons.
    I aslo dont want kabam to bring the requirement down from 3 r4s to 2.
    But where are the available r4 mats? Nowhere.

Note(Not important): I have no intention to spend money, all I did spent was 5$ once. (People won't let me call f2p as I spend money once, now I have to mention this everytime)

If you only spent 5 bucks you're ftp. No need for a disclaimer.
    @Worknprogress thoughts? I think you had similar sentiment to this
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

Honestly, I don't know why there's so much pressure to be F2P. I can understand if someone doesn't have the means to spend. I can even understand if someone just chooses not to. Having to pony up about the choice is strange to me.

This 100%.
  • Options

I'm sorry but you're wrong. It's not behind a paywall. EoP isn't only for Paragon title holders. So please tell me how it's paywalled?
    I have done everything kabam asked us to do. I have bought unit offers in J4th and CW.
    I bought 10k offer even when I didn't had units, I took my time to grind 10k and get that offer.
    I explored sop and gauntlet.
    I have 3 abyss carinas left. And the only revive intensive(hard) is Crinas challengers. Also waiting for a 5* knull, i can push these with units anyday, I'll complete all 3 before June.
    That's why I grinded 10k for the act7 offer. I knew that I would need those mats in future.
    After all that, I will end up with ~2.8 t6b and ~2.8 t3a.
    I have one r4 I used the mats on and one r4 tech gem. So potentially 2.

There is a genuine reason that paragon EOP objective is bothering me. And it's the rewards.
    In SOP there was the difference of 50 SIG's and a little t5cc between Cav and TB.
    If the reward structure would be same like SOP's I don't know what potential rewards I'll miss.

This* Just because I didn't buy r4 mats from cash offers? It'll be the only thing that will stop me from getting top rewards.
    I'm not asking for free stuff.

I like to stay on top of my game. I did what needs to be done without complaining about the rewards as I get what I work for.
    That's why I grinded 10k for the act7 offer. I knew that I would need those mats in future to get an edge. But even so, it wasn't enough.
    Climbed my way up in competitive alliance step by step like everyone else. Had r3 before TB progression was introduced too(from abyss).

But "IF" the rewards will have disparity between TB and PRGN(which we don't know yet) it may push me back again. And I don't want to be left behind.

*When was the last time we had to pay a premium to access a game content. Cuz I don't see any other way of potentially missing it.

I am not throwing shots at you (I'd like to but in this case I'm not) when I say this: You haven't explored act6 nor done all carinas, but if you buy all offers you'll get to 3r4s, Is there a problem in that? Absolutely not. Why would it bother me if someone achieve next progression within their own terms. But where do I stand having done everything is the issue.

Id still say 3r4s is a reasonable call as IMO 2 is one too few.
    If there was no EOP objectives, I wouldn't be here explaining my point of view. If kabam can provide r4 mats next month, let's say 20% of each, it'd be more justifiable.

I don't want to repeat the same things again and again. Going to stop replying for some time.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

ItsDamien said:

You'd be surprised honestly. Not saying there are tons but I promise there are more than you think
    Im assuming here and take a wild guess, not over 30-35 people?
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

And you took a swing and a miss on this one chief. Kabam hasn’t paywalled top AQ or AW. The community has done that. Kabam gave the open market and those with money have chosen how to dictate that market. This is a self imposed thing that the community has decided to do. Kabam has never once said “If you want to be at the top you have to pay”, the players themselves DROVE that economy of spending.

So, wanna take another shot at your argument?
    So we both agree top45 is for spenders.
    It doesnt matter how we reach at a same place even when taken different routes.
    And I have no problem with it. I'm well aware of my progression limits and where I can't push.
    You just elaborated how we reached top45, and I just mentioned it for what it is.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

They didn't say anyone HAS to be. They said the people who will have the Title first WILL HAVE been. They also said the Title is going to be something not everyone will have the moment it's released.
    Your point of view is true for casual, average, above average players.
    It's false for some of us who have done everything kabam asked us to do.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

And you took a swing and a miss on this one chief. Kabam hasn’t paywalled top AQ or AW. The community has done that. Kabam gave the open market and those with money have chosen how to dictate that market. This is a self imposed thing that the community has decided to do. Kabam has never once said “If you want to be at the top you have to pay”, the players themselves DROVE that economy of spending.

So, wanna take another shot at your argument?
    So we both agree top45 is for spenders.
    It doesnt matter how we reach at a same place even when taken different routes.
    And I have no problem with it. I'm well aware of my progression limits and where I can't push.
    You just elaborated how we reached top45, and I just mentioned it for what it is.
    And it’s a self imposed problem. The only people who paywalled it are the spenders, and not Kabam. They’re not at fault for the open market deciding that they were going to spend obscene amounts of money to remain at the top.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

ItsDamien said:

They didn't say anyone HAS to be. They said the people who will have the Title first WILL HAVE been. They also said the Title is going to be something not everyone will have the moment it's released.
    Except for chasing r4 mats in AQ and AW....... So you've done ALMOST what was required to be there day one without spending. Just because it's not a path you chose to take, doesn't make it false.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

benshb said:

"you can get paragon even if you are FTP"🤡

Then release offers where you can buy 2 whole T3A and T6B 🤔

No because they specifically said that you aren't required to buy offers
    Well there’s said
    7.4 was needing to buy not at first no
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Except for chasing r4 mats in AQ and AW....... So you've done ALMOST what was required to be there day one without spending. Just because it's not a path you chose to take, doesn't make it false.
    True.
    I'm sure you understand that it's not a 'choice', it's my account's limit.
    Something that I have no control on. Which was never the case for previous progression Titles.

I also am aware that I'll get the title pretty early, maybe not on day 1.
    I just don't want to miss on a top tier rewards from EOP.
    I will work on AW from next season. I'm on a break this month as I'm focused on life atm.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

True.
    I'm sure you understand that it's not a 'choice', it's my account's limit.
    Something that I have no control on. Which was never the case for previous progression Titles.

I also am aware that I'll get the title pretty early, maybe not on day 1.
    I just don't want to miss on a top tier rewards from EOP.
    I will work on AW from next season. I'm on a break this month as I'm focused on life atm.
    Of course I understand that. That's why I prefaced with saying it's people who've been chasing the top from the very beginning. Very developed rosters with all the right prestige pieces. I know a F2P that came in a year ago or even 2 probably isn't in the top because it takes a long time to get the right champs to stay in the top.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

ItsDamien said:

Are you saying you can be in the top end of AQ without having to spend? Just look at the situation with Brian Grant.

Nobody:

Demonzfyre: you can easily get Paragon without having to spend any money, but you have to be in a top 45 AQ.
    Brian Grant didn't care to manage his prestige properly so that is horrible example.

But I'm in top 20 and we have 1 ftp guy. Just one out of 30 and he's no where near the highest prestige but he has 3 r4's. The real answer is no one in Top 10 is ftp. No one but top 45 yes there are few but they have some.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

ItsDamien said:

Are you saying you can be in the top end of AQ without having to spend? Just look at the situation with Brian Grant.

Nobody:

Demonzfyre: you can easily get Paragon without having to spend any money, but you have to be in a top 45 AQ.
    Brian Grant didn't care to manage his prestige properly so that is horrible example.

But I'm in top 20 and we have 1 ftp guy. Just one out of 30 and he's no where near the highest prestige but he has 3 r4's. The real answer is no one in Top 10 is ftp. No one but top 45 yes there are few but they have some.
    He couldn’t really since he’s didn’t getting suffer with was the highest at that point next to doom it relied one rng with cystal or speed in arena