**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you happy with the buffs to Yondu and Deadpool X Force?

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
What are your thoughts on the buffs to yondu and Deadpool X Force? Out of the two I prefer Yondu way more that prowess removal and passive furies does make him better. As for Deadpool X Force I liked the animations but I feel something is missing from the kit and could have had a bit more to make him slightly more decent. Deadpool X Force feels as though it was designed for beginner level players to lower mid level players he can be fun in variant 8 though thats where I feel I can use him.. As for Yondu he's an option you can use if you don't have a champ who can remove prowess effectively not the top but at a decent place.

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Just woke up, let me check REAL FAST.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Tried Yondu.. meh.
    Average damage, very minor utility. If a champ has issues taking down the meatbag then they are joining the long list of useless buffs.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

DPXF gets outclassed by unbuffed 2017 champs, he’s 5 years outdated at release.

It’s a pretty poor buff, he has one extra piece of utility than pre buff. Making his total utility list… 1.

You went to high up. Forget 2017, there are 2016 champs who are better than he is now. That's SIX years ago.
    The 2016 unbuffed champs that outclass him are quake and hype, which are outliers more than anything. They outclass champs today because they’re so good.

2017 has a wide selection of champs that outclass DPXF even without buffs. Sparky, blade, Psylocke, Morningstar, Medusa, gwenpool, archangel etc. I feel it gets the point across better
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,397 ★★★★★
    Love Dpx Animations and Kit He's not the strongest champ in the game but he can get the job done
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Saiyan said:

DPXF gets outclassed by unbuffed 2017 champs, he’s 5 years outdated at release.

It’s a pretty poor buff, he has one extra piece of utility than pre buff. Making his total utility list… 1.

You went to high up. Forget 2017, there are 2016 champs who are better than he is now. That's SIX years ago.
    The 2016 unbuffed champs that outclass him are quake and hype, which are outliers more than anything. They outclass champs today because they’re so good.

2017 has a wide selection of champs that outclass DPXF even without buffs. Sparky, blade, Psylocke, Morningstar, Medusa, gwenpool, archangel etc. I feel it gets the point across better
    Voodoo, Rogue and X-23 outclass him also.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited June 2022

do we know if xpool is working as intended? there have been some posts and also noticed it my self, that his crit dmg is under 1000 the majority of the time? i understand his dmg comes from bleeds but just want to make sure. my xpool is r3 6* so seeing numbers under 1000 is kind of concerning imo

Saiyan said:

How does a 2022 champ have such little in there kit?

Deadpool is not a 2022 Champion, he's from 2015. This game continues to get more complex with every month that passes, and while that's to be expected, we do not want to add even more complexity to the early game through Champion updates.

This is why we kept Storm's kit simple, and it's why we did it with Deadpool. These are Champs that new Players are more likely to obtain and use, and we want to keep their kits more simple.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    I'm fairly happy with the Yondu buff. I'd have liked a bit more (a longer Fury, or some interesting synergies would do it), but wtf...

DPX I haven't tried out. I kind of like the skipping when fighting him, it's very Ryan Reynolds.

I hope they take a look at his SP2 damage - I wonder has it just been set wrong, like Hawkeye's Sig was at first?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Saiyan said:

How does a 2022 champ have such little in there kit?

Deadpool is not a 2022 Champion, he's from 2015. This game continues to get more complex with every month that passes, and while that's to be expected, we do not want to add even more complexity to the early game through Champion updates.

This is why we kept Storm's kit simple, and it's why we did it with Deadpool. These are Champs that new Players are more likely to obtain and use, and we want to keep their kits more simple.
    While I agree that no added complexity needed, especially on old champs, your statements come in contrast with the buffs, at least animation wise.
    How easy is for a newcomer to deal with Black Panther, DDHK, Storm, Gamora, Deadpool X etc. special animations?
    These champs had plain, clean, short animations that were identical to other champs, making it easier to be memorised and be evaded by a new player. These specials aren’t as easy to deal now.
    In my opinion, old champs should have generous number updates, rather than more complex abilities and animations, we have newer champs to serve that purpose.
    The game is becoming more and more new players hostile.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    People aren't keeping the perspective. They're looking at where they are at in the game as useful, when it was just pointed out that useful in higher-end content isn't the expressed goal.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

People aren't keeping the perspective. They're looking at where they are at in the game as useful, when it was just pointed out that useful in higher-end content isn't the expressed goal.

Firstly, after Act6 massive nerf, there isn’t currently high end content in the game, apart maybe from Carina challenges.
    And secondly, those buffs aren’t going to help new players either.
    On the other side they will just make their life more difficult with their added abilities and animations complexity.