**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

There's no expiration date on a bug. If it's not intended, then it's subject to fixing whenever.

Sure. And if the team leaves it in place for a year and half, fails to respond to players asking about it and doesn’t explicitly call it out in easy to find locations, there’s also reliance that deserves redress.

Dr. Zola
    So because they didn't fix it immediately, they changed the fact that it was a bug?
    Strawmanning. I trust you can see there’s a fair gap between “immediately” and “a year and a half—with no readily findable comment.”

Dr. Zola
    That's where I disagree. A bug is a bug, day 1 after, or 20 years after.

His True Accuracy has always fallen off at some point. Before the buff even. People were aware. They got a year and a half of use out of the bug. We can't fault them for fixing something that wasn't intentional.

bruh, you have no idea how he works. "at some point" lol.
    Bruh. It's called wording.

Firstly, if you read the comment, they have not once called it a bug. @TheBair123 actually went through EVERY mod comment seeing this. They have NEVER addressed this issue. There have been double digit threads asking about it, met by radio silence.
    Secondly, if you actually know what you are doing, you will NEVER lose true accuracy, which showing me your maxed 5*, yet not knowing that, provides me with that conclusion.
    Reading is fundamental.
    I said fallen off. Not lost.
    lmao. Read your own comments. In context, what does fallen off mean? Will the buff fall to the ground of the arena floor?
    Are you arguing for the sake of it? I'm not interested.
    lol. maybe actually use your champ instead of flashing it here
    I've used him. I've known it wasn't working properly. I got some good use out of it like everyone else. I'm cool with them fixing it. That's the end of the story. I didn't Rank him for show.
    Goji88 said:

His True Accuracy has always fallen off at some point. Before the buff even. People were aware. They got a year and a half of use out of the bug. We can't fault them for fixing something that wasn't intentional.

That is a nice moleman you have there. I have one too. This fix is quite the blow to him. I wish they would change the way he works in the sense that his true accuracy stays when you are below 10 monster mass, regardless if youre in Frenzy mode or not. I get his text always said that true accuracy falls off when in Frenzy mode, but its insane he worked the way he has worked for such a long time. Its hard for me and many others in the community to accept this "fix".

He was such a great evade counter, and while he now can still counter evade, those fights will take way longer. Big ouch.

What are your thoughts on that? Will you still use your moleman as often?
    Sure I will. He is a good Champ fixed or not.
  • Goji88Goji88 Posts: 35
    edited June 2022

Goji88 said:

That is a nice moleman you have there. I have one too. This fix is quite the blow to him. I wish they would change the way he works in the sense that his true accuracy stays when you are below 10 monster mass, regardless if youre in Frenzy mode or not. I get his text always said that true accuracy falls off when in Frenzy mode, but its insane he worked the way he has worked for such a long time. Its hard for me and many others in the community to accept this "fix".

He was such a great evade counter, and while he now can still counter evade, those fights will take way longer. Big ouch.

Do you hope they just change his text and not remove true accuracy in frenzy mode as long as you stay below 10 monster mass? Wouldnt that be nice? He is a great evade counter because of that.

I get there was a way to keep true focus while even above 10 monster mass, and I personally never used it. Not on purpose at least. I always kept monster mass between 5 and 8.

Mine is a rank 3 and one of my few good skill champs as a 6 star. This stings. :(
    Goji88 said:

Goji88 said:

Do you hope they just change his text and not remove true accuracy in frenzy mode as long as you stay below 10 monster mass? Wouldnt that be nice? He is a great evade counter because of that.

I get there was a way to keep true focus while even above 10 monster mass, and I personally never used it. Not on purpose at least. I always kept monster mass between 5 and 8.

Mine is a rank 3 and one of my few good skill champs as a 6 star. This stings. :(
    Do I hope? Well, I would like it, sure. If they see a reason to fix it, then I'm cool with accepting that as well.
  • sleimonsleimon Posts: 34

sleimon said:

Going to need some rank down tickets.

That's why I ranked and used him because under 10 charges when activating Frenzy, he kept True Accuracy.

I waited a LONG time before ranking to ensure it wasn't a "bug" and after reading his abilities, it shouldn't be an issue keeping it the way it has worked for over a year now after his buff.

This is ridiculous if this change happens like this. It makes him useless a lot of the time and makes me not want him ranked. Better options and this change isn't needed as it doesn't make him overpowered.

Everyone said day 1 of his buff that it was a bug. Waiting for a long time doesn't change that. Also moleman is far from useless lmao. He's easily still a top 3 skill imo
    @sleimon You're delusional if you think he's better than Nick Fury, Shang Chi, Falcon, KP, Black Cat, Hit Monkey, Masacre, or even Aegon. I honestly never ranked my 6* Moleman because I knew he'd get fixed eventually but calling him a top 3 skill after this nerf is just straight up crazy. He loses all of his utility in exchange for damage, now. This makes him redundant in war where you need both in order to do a majority of fights.
    lol trust me, ik what I'm talking about, getting rude about it and calling me delusional is not cool. I don't think he's better than nick and kp, but everyone else you named, he's better than.
  • ShibbyMcDudeShibbyMcDude Posts: 33
    Bugmat78 said:

After 2 years it's too long. Change the description. The entire community knowledge on this champ is built on his current functionality. This is a pointless change and just as I was getting back into the game and considering a little drop on July 4th, I am just as ready to stop playing again. Stop punishing players for your long overdue bug fixes, Kabam. Let it rest.

This was definitely a sure fire way to make people think twice about spending on July 4th (Holiday Deals Weekend) because maybe some wanted Mole Man for how he currently works.

And another coild be this is showing that even though it was discussed in length, we never got an answer and people ranked based on HOW Mole Man currently is working.

The silence on the backlash is Deafening whilst other champs needing to be fixed (Kingoin anyone) that are not functioning properly are not touched.

It definitely puts me off toward spending any amount when this happens.
    *raises hand* - he is the one top skill champ missing as a 6* (maxed my 5* due to it) but now..not sure how desperate I am for him. Certainly not desperate enough to go hard this weekend now. If i get him I'll keep at r2/r3 until his usefulness can be reassessed in all evade situations vs other evade counters like falcon, SC etc. I always value utility over damage.
    If you would go all I on July 4th deals just because of Moleman, I think you should be glad that this nerf is anounced. Spending 500$ for a chance of 1!!! Champ, that wouldn’t be the smart choice.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

After 2 years it's too long. Change the description. The entire community knowledge on this champ is built on his current functionality. This is a pointless change and just as I was getting back into the game and considering a little drop on July 4th, I am just as ready to stop playing again. Stop punishing players for your long overdue bug fixes, Kabam. Let it rest.

This was definitely a sure fire way to make people think twice about spending on July 4th (Holiday Deals Weekend) because maybe some wanted Mole Man for how he currently works.

And another coild be this is showing that even though it was discussed in length, we never got an answer and people ranked based on HOW Mole Man currently is working.

The silence on the backlash is Deafening whilst other champs needing to be fixed (Kingoin anyone) that are not functioning properly are not touched.

It definitely puts me off toward spending any amount when this happens.
    *raises hand* - he is the one top skill champ missing as a 6* (maxed my 5* due to it) but now..not sure how desperate I am for him. Certainly not desperate enough to go hard this weekend now. If i get him I'll keep at r2/r3 until his usefulness can be reassessed in all evade situations vs other evade counters like falcon, SC etc. I always value utility over damage.
    If you would go all I on July 4th deals just because of Moleman, I think you should be glad that this nerf is anounced. Spending 500$ for a chance of 1!!! Champ, that wouldn’t be the smart choice.
    Going hard doesn't mean I am buying all the cash deals.. it means I would have been using whatever units and/or cash I budgeted in trying to get the champs I am missing (which included him, Knull, antivenom & hercules). This bug fix means one less champ I will focus on.
  • Goji88Goji88 Posts: 35

Firstly, if you read the comment, they have not once called it a bug. @TheBair123 actually went through EVERY mod comment seeing this. They have NEVER addressed this issue. There have been double digit threads asking about it, met by radio silence.
    Secondly, if you actually know what you are doing, you will NEVER lose true accuracy, which showing me your maxed 5*, yet not knowing that, provides me with that conclusion.
    Reading is fundamental.
    I said fallen off. Not lost.
    lmao. Read your own comments. In context, what does fallen off mean? Will the buff fall to the ground of the arena floor?
    Are you arguing for the sake of it? I'm not interested.
    lol. maybe actually use your champ instead of flashing it here
    I've used him. I've known it wasn't working properly. I got some good use out of it like everyone else. I'm cool with them fixing it. That's the end of the story. I didn't Rank him for show.

Goji88 said:

Goji88 said:

Do I hope? Well, I would like it, sure. If they see a reason to fix it, then I'm cool with accepting that as well.
    Thank you for this answer. Im gonna sit in my sad corner now.