**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Eternity of Pain Week 4 - Warlock [merged]

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Tedders said:

If your going to force a large portion of the player base to change their masteries for 1 fight you should make masteries free to change during that week

Or use champs that aren’t affected by willpower or get infected. Both of which can be done for the TB objectives this week.
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
    I’m surprised nobody has even put a video about this.
    Isnt Vulture the best counter for this, he’s got armor break
    He fulfills both the objectives…
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Well so does howard the duck and some others… but its better to take it one objective at time, the fight isn’t the simplest but surely fun to deal with
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,232 ★★★★★
    HTD is actually solid counter
    I am using him. 2 attempt and got 30%( thanks to inputs)
    Will try again and solo the fight otherwise will use some revives
  • Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    Ercarret said:

I used Warlock and Knull. One revive each.

I saw Swedeah use Sigil Witch to great success.

how did you manage with Knull?
    I barely reach one bar of power because of the power drain.
    any tips?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,555 ★★★★★
    Also, IMIW.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Siliyo said:

Am I missing something? I have the crit passive from the node, I’m using a special attack because it’s power shield, yet I’m not hitting anything even though the green text “Guaranteed Critical Hit” is there? What’s going on?

Does he have armour up buff?
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★

Solo with VP. Even if u mess up VP can take a few hits. Just sp1s and the job is done.
    The tech one will be hard!

R1 or r2?
    R2

Got the tech objective with warlock. Can this count as solo🥲

Yes
    The other warlock solo'd u
    😂😂
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,841 ★★★★★
    First solo in any type of hard fight after about 15 attempts.

6r3 CGR

Had a few attempts with warlock and got bored, may use a bunch of 20% revives on the weekend. 8 points will do me I think.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,194 ★★★★★
    Soooo…. Why does the EOP Warlock like to throw SP1 into block all the time. I’d assume he’d have the same AI Profile as EOP Bishop who would never through the SP1 if you’re blocking ( only reason that fight was bearable). Is there something in Warlock kit that promotes him to throw the SP1 without an open window?
    Reminds me of Mysterio when he decides ALL THE HEAVY ATTACK ARE BELONG TO US!!!! Where no other champ in the game loves the see the sight of their own heavy as much as he does.
  • Options
    DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Eop bishop thrown sp1 into my block
    But warlock didn't for me
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,560 ★★★★★
    I’ve never gotten a solo until Hype last week, warlock today and Venompool today. But am I playing VP wrong? R2 boosted with 15% attack, 20% green, and both cosmic boosts. It still took 418 hits, and only three times I used sp1 and it didn’t end with him nom nom the armor.

• Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I’ve never gotten a solo until Hype last week, warlock today and Venompool today. But am I playing VP wrong? R2 boosted with 15% attack, 20% green, and both cosmic boosts. It still took 418 hits, and only three times I used sp1 and it didn’t end with him nom nom the armor.

As per Magrailothos, the main part of this challenge is to solve the following riddle:
    • You can only do damage on Special Attacks.
    • You can only do damage with critical hits.
    • Special attacks can't be critical whilst his Armour Up buff is active.
    • You can't armour break him without being Power drained* and taking Warlock's Signature damage
    • If you do armour break him, you've got a seven-second window to hit him with a Special, and actually do some damage
    • You could Nullify - that would work better - but since you need to use Tech champions for EoP solo milestones, that won't work for everyone.
    The better strategy in using VP seems to be (1) store upto 1.5 bar of power (2) armour break then throw 1st SP1 (3) intercept and throw the 2nd SP1 within that 7 sec windows (4) push warlock to SP2 and repeat (1).
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★

Warlock gets an easy solo in just 106 hits. 3 sp2s and warlock is dead. Use tech booster and it's even easier.

Parry when you get to sp2 , intercept and throw sp2

How do u armor break him using warlock? Only 1 or 2 of my hits on an sp2 are criting.
    Gotta have the infection up on the defender before launching ur sp2…with that u will break his armour at the start of ur special and if u have the crit passive from the intercept then all ur hits will crit
    Except when you are infected, then you still have a chance to not proc armor break/crit.

Happened to me now. Had infection up and crit passive and still didn't armor break. Not even the last hit.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,745 ★★★★★

No bonus, but as always, CGR = super effective

1- shot, to clarify. All that health gone thanks to block damage/degen even though only 1 hit. Now to rank up imiw i suppose...

That’s good to see. In anticipation of next week, I tried mine a few times and got ~70% off Warlock. The timing is a little tricky but it’s good to know CGR is an option for a couple of fights. Also managed to take ~95% unboosted with Sigil Witch testing different champs. For the record, I wound up with Warlock and VP solos.

Thus far I’ve seen solid success with
    Sigil Witch
    Sym Supreme
    CGR
    VP
    Warlock

I’ve tried HtD and HB a few times, but didn’t give either enough of a chance. Hood can work, according to an old ally mate. CMM can work. Honestly, there are probably more but it will take a day or two before we see the others. Biggest issue I had was super crafty AI and a combo of nodes that I needed to think about when combined with WL’s passive abilities.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★
    Cgr got me a solo for fun after doing the objectives, and iirc he's good for bishop also. Team for next week coming together up slowly...

Kitty, tigra (can do overseer, bishop, Hercules) and CGR (bishop, Warlock).

If course we will have to wait to see what nightmare objectives turn up next week ...
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★
    The AI for sure can be on steroids at times and it's ridiculous when you see a Cull obsidian twitching that big axe like he's fanning himself to cool down from the midday heat. Or Gambit trying it the latest Fortnite dance.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Really annoying to have to drop willpower. Also, it really sucks that he goes passive when you have power and his armor is off so you can't get the intercept in time to get a full SP2.
  • Options
    Kingmaker00Kingmaker00 Posts: 23
    Hey guys, I was wonder what the top score you could get on eop this month. Is it 23 or is 24?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,389 ★★★★★
    For pargone 23 for tb 17
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Hate that the average time to throw an sp1/sp2 is way less then the average time to throw sp3.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    The AI in this game is bipolar with a touch of schizophrenia and sociopathy.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Really annoying to have to drop willpower. Also, it really sucks that he goes passive when you have power and his armor is off so you can't get the intercept in time to get a full SP2.

You don’t have to drop willpower, if you have champs that bypass things that would cause his degen to occur when you have willpower healing.
  • Options
    VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    I had a warlock backing off for 30 seconds yet the second I put the input in to punch, not the animation, the second I touched the screen he launched a special.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    Did it with Venompool. Long fight, just get to a bar if power, intercept (to get the Crit buff), sp1 to remove armor and do damage, rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,893 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    I hate to turn off suicides + WP for the A-force objective but yeah