Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

My tier list

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    We might need to start making a tier list of all the tier list cuz I have a feeling this may not be as highly praised as you hope it will be
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,782 ★★★★★
    The problem with tier lists is that it's basically impossible to have an opinion about every champ in the game, which makes it equally impossible to place every champ in their proper spot. Not proper in terms of "where they objectively should be", but rather "where I, personally, would place them if I had a deep understanding of how they could be used".

For example: I think Phoenix is trash. I don't know that since I don't have her, but nothing about her kit appeals to me. I know she has some synergies that beef her up to a workable level, but just on her own? I would always put her in the Trash category. Well, at least until I saw someone solo EOP Modok with her. No synergies, just an r3 Phoenix on her own. That player had a much deeper understanding of how she works and how she could be used for that fight. That video completely changed how I saw that champion.

I still wouldn't rank her up if I pulled her (prestige doesn't matter to me), but I grew a new appreciation for what she can do in the hands of a skilled player. On my own, I never would have known that. My placement of her in a hypothetical tier list would have been skewed based on my own biases and blind spots - when it comes to her as well as many other champions.

Similarly, I solo'd EOP Modok with Misty Knight, who you have in your Bad category. I've taken down Act 7 bosses with Sam Wilson, who is also in that category; and Joe Fixit is one of my most sought-after 6* champions because I saw what my 5* could do in one of the Carina's Challenges. He's also in the Bad category. Are you sure that you know what these champions can do? Have you played them in the situations where they shine?

But again, this isn't a "you problem". We all have our blind spots. I got schooled hard just the other day when I made a statement about Squirrel Girl (that she was one of the few Skill champions I knew of who counters auto-block). Turns out, nah, there are quite a few other champs who can do so too. I just wasn't aware because it's impossible to keep track of every champion and every ability in the game.

Which is - again - the reason why making a tier list can be a tricky thing that invites a lot of criticism. But don't be dismayed! Just try to soak in all of the feedback you get. It might open your eyes to a lot of things that you didn't know beforehand about several champions, and that's kind of a win in itself.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    LOL this list sucks so bad, i was gonna give my thoughts individually, but it would be easier to just delete the entire list and start from scratch
  • Options
    The champ icon style in @MaxGaming 's new tier list post is still visually inferior to the old style “just headshot” in-game icons. (Although not as visually bad as what this post here used)

(not talking about their placement, just the icons used)

Are those profile pics that are pre-populated in this Tier List Generating website/app ? Or do people have to manually add each pic themselves ? (before actually sorting them into tiers)
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,214 ★★★★★
    Poor Wolverine in the average section.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    how is captain america sam wilson bad
    I honestly Like the damage he deals its nice also
    where the hell is magik
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    This has got to be the worst tier list I have seen in my entire life
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    All that effort for something so wrong. Godnak is obviously BGT and the rest are irrelevant
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Dang my tier list got taken down 😔
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,818 ★★★★★
    at least op is dying on the hill with “arguments”
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Don't worry I'll post it here

• Options
    abelardoabelardo Posts: 35

• Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Hawkeye has bad damage, bleed is average. Karnak has no good qualities whatsoever

Have.... have you even played with both of them? The damage and utility is there. They just make you work for a satisfying payoff.
    Karnak doesn't even have good abilities, and Hawkeye just overrated nowadays

Making Star-Lord and Scarlet Witch in the same category as Cyclopes is a crime and lack of understanding. There are so many amazing champs in the 'above average' category that you should redo the whole thing. I.e. Scorpion, Rintrah, Symbiote Supreme, Overseer, Weapon X, Sersi and Miles.

Scarlet Witch and Star Lord rely too much on synergies. Scorpion is ok, rintrah damage good but abilities meh, sym supreme suck at attack, overseer just got autoblock and ok debuffs, weapon x is just basically revamped old man logan, sersi sucks, and miles is overrated

• Options

Fantastic in below average? I don't want to judge, but I don't think you've ever played him.. same with Psylocke, although I don't think she is as strong as Fantastic, but not really below average

How is fantastic and psylocke good. Fantastic is only have unblockable, and psylocke is just trash
  • Options
    xNig said:

Elsa is average? Lol.

How is elsa good? You tell me
  • Options

lol this tier list is based in his rank up i swear lol peni is great but there are 50 champs below her that are better or as good

wdym peni is one of the best tech ever she is defensive god
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,025 ★★★★★

lol this tier list is based in his rank up i swear lol peni is great but there are 50 champs below her that are better or as good

wdym peni is one of the best tech ever she is defensive god
    There is more to a champion than being good on defense. Besides, plenty of counters exist that murk Penny
  • Options

tier list based on what? there are lot of things I don't like about this list but what I hate the most is the BAD tier. Ronan, Luke Cage, OG BW, Hulk Ragnarock bad? They are not used commonly maybe but calling them bad is just stupid.

Ronan only has good stun. Luke Cage only useful when awakened. Black Widow only has evade, and Hulk Ragnarok only has crowd excitement
  • Options

What is the criteria for each category?

Good to bad
  • Options

This looks like a tier list of someone who just 100% Act 5. Besides Karnak in the worst tier? It seems you took a break from the game.

How is karnak good? And yes, I'm only uncollected
  • Options
    007Bishop said:

Act 4 tier list moment. Guardian being beyond god tier is hillarious and so is Overseer and Wmags being so ridiculously low

Guardian has good debuffs, has autoblock, and does massive damage. I agree that overseer should be higher, but white mags is just overrated
  • Options

Scorpigod belongs at least In god tier so does Spidey 2099

I put them lower to avoid controversy
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,025 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Hawkeye has bad damage, bleed is average. Karnak has no good qualities whatsoever

Have.... have you even played with both of them? The damage and utility is there. They just make you work for a satisfying payoff.
    Karnak doesn't even have good abilities, and Hawkeye just overrated nowadays

Making Star-Lord and Scarlet Witch in the same category as Cyclopes is a crime and lack of understanding. There are so many amazing champs in the 'above average' category that you should redo the whole thing. I.e. Scorpion, Rintrah, Symbiote Supreme, Overseer, Weapon X, Sersi and Miles.

Scarlet Witch and Star Lord rely too much on synergies. Scorpion is ok, rintrah damage good but abilities meh, sym supreme suck at attack, overseer just got autoblock and ok debuffs, weapon x is just basically revamped old man logan, sersi sucks, and miles is overrated

🤨 Karnak has very good abilities, what are you on about?
    Hawkeye has been the underdog since his release, he has incredible power control and good synergies.

Star Lord and SW work perfectly fine without synergies, you either need skill to keep combo, or get lucky with her RNG. She's the RNG Queen since the start.
    Overseer packs a very heavy attack power if played right.
    Sym Is amazing on attack if enemy has buffs.
    Weapon X is great offensive and defensive, although everyone just slaps him on defense.
    Scorpion is one of the best science champs in the game.
    Miles has his niche uses, champs like that aren't overrated
  • Options
    MaxGaming said:

Bro Civil warrior, Karnak, taskmaster, and DPXF don't belong in bad/trash. All are great and if used properly practically top tier
    Since when did you see someone advocating for civil warrior, karnak, taskmaster or dpxf?
  • Options

Starlord and scarlett witch in the worst category? Colossus, blade, silver surfer and thing in god tier? Ikaris demigod?

Star Lord is overrated nowadays, Scarlet Witch only has good synergy. Colossus damage average, only armor good. Blade bleed is OP. Silver surfer sp2 is great, and thing's unstoppable makes him good on defense
    maybe you feel he is overrated because you cant hold a combo?
    Star lord is bad on defense and offense
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Ercarret said:

The problem with tier lists is that it's basically impossible to have an opinion about every champ in the game, which makes it equally impossible to place every champ in their proper spot. Not proper in terms of "where they objectively should be", but rather "where I, personally, would place them if I had a deep understanding of how they could be used".

For example: I think Phoenix is trash. I don't know that since I don't have her, but nothing about her kit appeals to me. I know she has some synergies that beef her up to a workable level, but just on her own? I would always put her in the Trash category. Well, at least until I saw someone solo EOP Modok with her. No synergies, just an r3 Phoenix on her own. That player had a much deeper understanding of how she works and how she could be used for that fight. That video completely changed how I saw that champion.

I still wouldn't rank her up if I pulled her (prestige doesn't matter to me), but I grew a new appreciation for what she can do in the hands of a skilled player. On my own, I never would have known that. My placement of her in a hypothetical tier list would have been skewed based on my own biases and blind spots - when it comes to her as well as many other champions.

Similarly, I solo'd EOP Modok with Misty Knight, who you have in your Bad category. I've taken down Act 7 bosses with Sam Wilson, who is also in that category; and Joe Fixit is one of my most sought-after 6* champions because I saw what my 5* could do in one of the Carina's Challenges. He's also in the Bad category. Are you sure that you know what these champions can do? Have you played them in the situations where they shine?

But again, this isn't a "you problem". We all have our blind spots. I got schooled hard just the other day when I made a statement about Squirrel Girl (that she was one of the few Skill champions I knew of who counters auto-block). Turns out, nah, there are quite a few other champs who can do so too. I just wasn't aware because it's impossible to keep track of every champion and every ability in the game.

Which is - again - the reason why making a tier list can be a tricky thing that invites a lot of criticism. But don't be dismayed! Just try to soak in all of the feedback you get. It might open your eyes to a lot of things that you didn't know beforehand about several champions, and that's kind of a win in itself.

Thanks for the advice: )
  • Options

All that effort for something so wrong. Godnak is obviously BGT and the rest are irrelevant

How is karnak in bgt??? Is there a single reason why he should be bumping with doctor doom or hercules. HOW???!!!
  • Options
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Don't worry I'll post it here

How is taskmaster so high up? I like the rest of the rankings, but take taskmaster down to average or something pls