**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

@BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: v 36.3.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Every game mode.

“loop" crashing

Current DEVICE COMPATIBILITY specs in Tech Support pages.
    iPhone 6s and newer
    iOS v11.0
    (which hasn’t been updated in Support page for quite some time now).

I have a feeling recent additions may be pushing your iPhone 6, iOS v12.5.4 , toward the bounds of what device can smoothly be played.
    Seems like a lot of your crash posts have been maybe just in the last month or two ?
    And even though maybe not excluded yet by a requirement in the code, it may be getting more and more “iffy” for that model.
    Thank you for some insightful comments. I know if I could financially get an iPhone SE I'd get it, but at this point wait.
  • Options
    banedplayerbanedplayer Posts: 5
    So after any Match if u want to see profile from ur opponent game just freeze same if u want to join to AW than u need to crash game...pls take action against ur lazy developers
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 177 ★★
    Kleatus said:

AKL21 said:

Name: AKL
    Phone: iPhone 14 pro
    Version: 16
    Both on Wi-Fi and using data

After replace a new iPhone14 pro, the game became so lag during the fighting, looks like drop the frame. And the control also has some problems sometimes, for example when I want to dash forward use middle attack, the champ only stand and use light attack. Or when I hold block and it became dash forward, so annoying.

I’ve tried reinstall the game but nothing different.

1000% this! Same issues as well! Frustrating to update to the newest phone and be punished for it.
    Omg same since I changed for an Iphone 13! Who would have thought!

Impossible to play, especially since the update yesterday
  • Options
    GrueneMicGrueneMic Posts: 40
    iPhone 14 Pro Maax
    iOS 16.0.3 (20A392)
    AT&T is mobile carrier
    Issues occur on WiFi

Game Version Installed: 36.3.1

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. I am not playing Story Quest, Incursions, or Back Issues.

Champions Affected: All

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue? Yes, but the issues happen whether using boosts or not

Description of the Issue: Pretty much near total FUBAR. As described in previous post, attacker will advance forward with med when attempting to evade. double clicking a node will exit map,. Some times map exit random without double click. Fights frozen and slow controls.

• Options
    GrueneMicGrueneMic Posts: 40
    Kleatus said:

In-Game Name: Kleatus Vandamn
    Device and Model: iPhone 14 ProMax
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.0.2
    Game Mode: All. Dropped inputs. Movement is way off. Parry attempt causes a dash. Swipe back to evade causes parry. Specials not activating when pushed. Laggy game play in all settings. I have the new beta inputs selected and have since they came out. This is the only game or app that I am having these issues with.

Only thing that has changed in my play is an upgrade to the new phone. I’ve swapped out screen protectors. Tried without a screen protector. Restarted the phone. Fresh install of the game. I’ve done everything on my end that I can do to troubleshoot things.

I’m obviously not the only one to be having these issues. I was running 16.0 on a 13 ProMax and didn’t have these issues. Taking combos and SP1-2 to the face in EOP, AW, AQ, and pretty much every aspect of the game is going to drive me away from playing the game at all. My increase in units and items spent is up 10 fold.

Honestly the way this game played and responded for me in AW may likely get me kicked from my alliance and it’s nothing on my end. I am not YouTuber superstar or legendary MCOC player, but an overnight change to playing this bad in all aspects of the game is unlikely.

It’s not like I’ve had a stroke, my fingers stopped responding to the inputs from my brain, or that I’ve just forgotten how to do just the basics in this game overnight is highly unlikely. A fix needs to come through urgently. I can’t put my alliance in jeopardy because of these issues. I can’t keep playing with these issues.

I'm in the same boat. You are spot on with your description
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 205 ★★
    In-Game Name: Zeezoos
    Device and Model: IPad Pro
    Device Operating System: IOS 15.6.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Alliance Quest, Side Quest
    Description of the Issue: Using Misty Knight if my first action in the fight is a parry (which it quite often is) the game crashes. I’ve recently taken the champion to 6* rank 2 and this is happening at least half the time, so is a significant problem.
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 205 ★★
    As per above, I recently got Misty Knight as a 6* and am enjoying using her. However there is a major issue, being that parrying with her at the beginning of a fight regularly crashes the game.

The crash happens at least as often as it doesn’t, which obviously makes using her very annoying and expensive. Is anyone else having a similar experience?
  • Options
    In-Game Name: FuriousImpaler
    Device and Model: iPhone 14 Pro Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: Current 36.3.1
    Game Mode: Alliance War, Alliance Quest, Daily Quests, Arenas
    Description of the Issue: Input issues-tapping for light attacks, 2nd, 3rd or 4th attach will be a medium without swiping to make a medium attack and attacking stops all together allowing enemy to retake initiative not allowing you to parry the attack. Happens on all champs but specifically noticed with Hercules in AQ. every 2nd light attack turns into a medium attack without swiping to make a medium attack. He loses initiative and gets wailed on. Also can not trigger special attacks - hit the button area on screen and nothing happens. Other times hold to perform a heavy attack and my hero dashes back again losing the chance to attack and losing initiative.

This has cost me countless revives and heals. I've been playing for 6 years. The game is almost unplayable and Hercules is worthless to me with these input issues. It's very frustrating and upsetting.
  • Options
    Visigoth123Visigoth123 Posts: 10
    edited October 2022
    In-Game Name: VisigothX
    Device and Model: iPhone 14 Pro 128GB
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Same issues as many people have reported about the new iPhone models. I upgraded to an iPhone 14 Pro from an iPhone 8 and the inputs are terribad. Very high percentage of missed blocks and a very large number of unintended dashes forwards, dashes backwards or attempted hits when trying to block or stand still or doing the opposite of what was intended (e.g. trying to go forwards but instead going backwards). Also seeing many cases where it's reacted as if I pressed someplace completely different on the screen, like bringing up the Unit Store when I've touched in the middle of the screen.
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    In-Game Name: Piratejon~1
    Device and Model: iPhone 14
    Device Operating System: iOS 16
    Description of the Issue: randomly dashing in when holding block. Dropped blocks. Only started when moved to new iPhone 14. Tested my old iPhone 12 is fine with same iOS.
  • Options
    Visigoth123Visigoth123 Posts: 10
    edited October 2022
    It is pretty much impossible to play seriously on the iPhone 14/iPhone 14 Pro right now. Is this being looked into?
  • Options
    Maniac9322Maniac9322 Posts: 4
    edited November 2022

In-Game Name: MANIAC
    Device and Model: iPhone 13 Pro max
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War. Everywhere.
    Description of the Issue: Frame rate drop. Game is lagging. Its impossible to dex or parry. I know that game running on 30 fps but on iPhone 13 pro max is 20 or lower. Many people on forum wrote about this issue from few months.

I’ve tried reinstall the game but nothing different. the same with iPhone.

One month hass passed. I update game to version 36.3.1. I also update my iPhone 13 pro max to iOS 16.1. Nothing changed. Still the same problems with lags and fps drop. In aq /aw/arena. Just everywhere.

Its insane that people buy new phones and game running like sh*t.

Problem lasts few months. Nobody cares about players who spend $ on this game. Its shame and sad.

• Options
    In-Game Name: MercenaryXXVI
    Device and Model: IPhone 12
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.6.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Xfinity Mobile
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: Each time I click Alliance Quest then go to press ‘continue’ it provides a connectivity warning and freezes my game. It will not let me proceed or go back. The only resolution is to close the app entirely and re open. Other game modes work just fine so I know it’s not a connectivity issue but rather a game issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Update -
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Every game mode.

So, working on a side quest and the crash loop has occurred, but now that I'm on the boss fight with Mr. Negative. I just want to finish so I can at least collect my side quest reward.

@Kabam Miike please help! I've spent the entry fee and am at the last fight and once it is over I will get the candy so I can spend in the store. It has crashed over 12 times between yesterday and today. Any chance to credit me the candy for the fight especially if I'm stuck in this loop which is only KO my characters. Crazy as I got him to under 30% with my 5* Corvus Glave then it conveniently crashed and I lost health, but Mr. Negative went back to full health.
  • Options
    FuriousImpaler
    iPhone 14 pro
    iOS 16.1
    WiFi
    In AW at node 11 2 indestructible charges must use a heavy attack to remove. In this fight every time I try a heavy by pressing and holding right side of screen my hero dashes back instead. I have died 9 times because I can land a heavy by dashing back!

I have a video but not sure how to post.

• Options
    Maniac9322Maniac9322 Posts: 4
    MSJ said:

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (¥Scotch¥) name.
    Device and Model: (IPHONE 13 PRO MAX)
    Device Operating System: (IOS 15.4)
    Cellular or WiFi: both, Claro
    Game Version Installed: 34.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. All Mods
    Description of the Issue: lags, crashes, when defending the enemy's attack, you enter even defending, delayed controls, fps dropping a lot, it's very difficult to play so we need quick adjustments today I spent all my items on the alliance mission, the character simply can't dodge the items you are giving away are not even solving anymore, it is getting more and more impossible to play!

This man wrote about this issue in march.
    M A R C H.
    Its november. Nobody did anything in 8 months? Guys please. Fps drop and stuttering thats the problem. Its impossible to play. That problem applies to all users with iphone 13 pro max not single cases.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Update -
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Game Version Installed: v 37.0.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Every game mode. Some fights experience crash before a match, Some during a fight, some after a fight, and then others get in a crash loop. I'm documenting which champion and going to do a document for Event Quest (Chapter 1 Quest 1 - Since I can't move further) to help the developers with some information.

I'm just curious why it is only certain champions and why not others.
  • Options
    F3zniperF3zniper Posts: 8
    edited November 2022
    In game name - F3zniper
    Device and model - iphone 14 pro max
    Device operation system - IOS 16.0.3
    Cellular or wifi - problem on both type of connection
    Game version installed - 37.0.0

Description of the issue - input issue on all game mode, random dash forward when it’s supposed to block, random dash backward on block or parry, sometimes did not detect any input, or skipped input when doing a combo, maybe last input missing ending in short combos, have limited framerate to 60fps , only slightly improvement, it’s definitely occurring a little less but enough to cause issue when it happens, causing a lot of unintentional errors. Graphic is a little laggy and in put is also out of sync sometimes, it feels a little off.
  • Options
    StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 188
    I have experienced the game crashing, or shutting down all together on more then a few occasions..
    IOS 14.6 iPad 7th gen.
  • Options
    Lennon123Lennon123 Posts: 40

In-Game Name: VisigothX
    Device and Model: iPhone 14 Pro 128GB
    Description of the Issue: Same issues as many people have reported about the new iPhone models. I upgraded to an iPhone 14 Pro from an iPhone 8 and the inputs are terribad. Very high percentage of missed blocks and a very large number of unintended dashes forwards, dashes backwards or attempted hits when trying to block or stand still or doing the opposite of what was intended (e.g. trying to go forwards but instead going backwards). Also seeing many cases where it's reacted as if I pressed someplace completely different on the screen, like bringing up the Unit Store when I've touched in the middle of the screen.

I have to go back to my old phone to play mcoc as my champs randomly dash forward to take hits with my 14pro, this is very frustrating!! !!
  • Options
    MadkanadjunMadkanadjun Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: Madkanadjun
    Device and Model: iphone 14 plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: occurs on wifi, and cellular
    Game Version Installed: 37.0.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? occurs during all game modes from incursions, alliance quest, alliance wars and arenas
    Description of the Issue: Random dash back, parry timing changes midfight, blocks not registering, I’ll hold attack to execute a heavy and I’ll be holding BEHIND the defender, and the input will show a backslide and THEN begin to hold a heavy attack once I’m in range.

These same issues occurred on the same account with an iPhone XR on every version of iOS for the last 2 years. It occurs on every wifi network I join.
  • Options
    iPad 8 ios15.7.
    Unable to rank or access champions or navigate in the champions tag. Automatically , the relics tab becomes highlighted and the only thing I can do is exit/close the game.. it’s been this way since Friday, help request has not resulted in resolution yet.
  • Options
    I m really desappointed i have a fight in battleground and for two times a get error and lose that no fait
  • Options
    Lennon123Lennon123 Posts: 40
    What’s happening with iPhone14 pro???? My champs keeps dashing forward to take hit this is very hard to do any serious fight!!!! One dash I am dead with a hard hit from boss. I want to swear so much!! Is anyone checking on this ?
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Game crashed twice within 10 mins during AW fights. Not sure what is going on.

iPhone XR
    iOS 16.1.1
    Wifi
    Newest version of the game
    AW

Went into a fight got a parry, landed a couple hits, then the game crashed. Went back in had half health, tried the fight again, died, revived, tried the fight a 3rd time and the exact same thing happened. Parry, a couple hits and the game crashed. Go back in and had half the health. Quite brutal, actually.
  • Options
    1_Vastier1_Vastier Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: Vastier
    Device and Model: iPhone 14 pro
    Game Version Installed: most recent

Aside from the regularly ongoing parry and dex not working when they should, this latest iPhone 14 pro has my guy dashing forward when I’m trying to dash backwards or just simply trying to hold block. The game is getting to be actually unplayable now. This new un-commanded forward dash is a serious issue that is a game stopper.
  • Options
    elchechosanchezelchechosanchez Posts: 1
    edited December 2022
    In-Game Name: elchechosanchez
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.6.1
    Game Version Installed: most recent
    Game Mode: Battlegrounds

It happened 3 or 4 times, I win the first fight and then get to do 2nd fight but after finishing the game crashes. I get in the game and goes to the fight but crashes again, I get in the game again and get a match loss.
    I got to the point I lost all my points.
    Really bad experience.