**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• NearJr said:

There's a mega thread for this topic, stop cluttering the forums

In all fairness, I ignore the mega threads because they're way too cluttered 🤣
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Pikolu said:

NearJr said:

I understand, but having 10 threads about the same topic doesnt help either.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    NearJr said:

Pikolu said:

NearJr said:

It probably makes it even more apparent to Kabam that they screwed up if they have to keep merging threads of people complaining though.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Toj37 said:

NearJr said:

Pikolu said:

NearJr said:

It probably makes it even more apparent to Kabam that they screwed up if they have to keep merging threads of people complaining though.
    They have mentioned multiple times that creating more threads doesnt help at all. They are aware of the situation. Flooding the forums with multiple threads wont make them more aware of it.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

I think its unfair to change the nodes now, they just should learn from this mistake for the next season, a lot of people already ranked up champs so they must not changed them now.

Just play casually with some energy

If they cut the armor time from 30 to 10 or something like that, personally I think that would work. Still able to use the rankups made specifically for this meta
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    3px said:

I wonder if the designer or stakeholder team working on this feature tests the game properly or even looks at the tracked data. I am sure there is an abundance in loses as compared to wins. Perfectly imbalanced mechanic.

Someone has to win. Do the best you can with what you have. There were fights where I got straight dominated and I was shocked that I ended up getting the victory still because my opponent did even worse.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68

3px said:

I wonder if the designer or stakeholder team working on this feature tests the game properly or even looks at the tracked data. I am sure there is an abundance in loses as compared to wins. Perfectly imbalanced mechanic.

Someone has to win. Do the best you can with what you have. There were fights where I got straight dominated and I was shocked that I ended up getting the victory still because my opponent did even worse.
    Are you having fun with it though? A majority of the complaints I’m seeing is that people don’t find it fun win or lose.

• AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 82
    Dude suck it up and stop crying about it... node is tough... deal with it or wait for next season... thats what you do if you don't like something in life... some people here are more spoiled than my four year old girl... she hates eating vegetables, but she does not complain that much

If you want an easier run... wait a few days... the better players will be long gone... and then you climb the victory track
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Toj37 said:

3px said:

Are you having fun with it though? A majority of the complaints I’m seeing is that people don’t find it fun win or lose.

I'm fine with it. These tokens accumulate and spend just the same as last season. As long as it's difficult all around, isn't costing me anything, and when I lose, I lose fairly, it's fine by me. Not every fight can or should be a race to the full health sub 20 sec kill. Sometimes it's "whoever got slapped up the least wins".
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

i like it personally because now it is just skill based not roster based though i get why a lot of people dislike it cause i keep beating people with 8+ r4 while i have 3 etc. but it is defiantly fun if you are not matching with weaker players and lose to them cause if you dont mess up at all you win like i win matches with 10% left on my champs hp and so on which def ups the hype and intensity of games for me also it is very challenging so it is great for me

This season is most definitely not skill based💀
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★

Toj37 said:

3px said:

I'm fine with it. These tokens accumulate and spend just the same as last season. As long as it's difficult all around, isn't costing me anything, and when I lose, I lose fairly, it's fine by me. Not every fight can or should be a race to the full health sub 20 sec kill. Sometimes it's "whoever got slapped up the least wins".
    Except it isn't "whoever got slapped up the least wins." It's whoever unluckily didn't draft a counter to colossus or thing, or whoever unluckily didn't get Galan or Hulkling in their draft. You're getting slapped up by RNG in a game where you've already spent hundreds of hours competing with RNG to be able to afford a good roster to begin with. That's trash gameplay, not skill.
  • PDX_OREPDX_ORE Posts: 18

Dude suck it up and stop crying about it... node is tough... deal with it or wait for next season... thats what you do if you don't like something in life... some people here are more spoiled than my four year old girl... she hates eating vegetables, but she does not complain that much

If you want an easier run... wait a few days... the better players will be long gone... and then you climb the victory track

You should get them to eat veggies one way or another. It’s good for them lol

• PDX_OREPDX_ORE Posts: 18

Suck it up node causes you to lose oh well stop giving up and complaining cause it doesn’t favor you everyone has a node that doesn’t favor their champs last season didn’t favor mine I still played and made it to Gladiator Circuit can’t just whine cause a node doesn’t favor your rank ups

BTW, I have a R4 and am at 7.3.4 in Act 7. I’ve gone through most of the nodes most players have and have figured them out and won against them with my champs. This is by far more than “just a node that causes “you” to lose” as you say. It’s a completely unworkable node unless if you have a few select champs that probably most haven’t nor won’t or can’t rank up w/o taking away scarce resources from ranking up their favorite champs. And this node is around for 1 month unlike most other content in the game
  • Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 97
    I was enjoying it at first. Last few battles have been (fishy). Last battle I had now chance to pick attackers or defenders. Lost. Seemed like opposition could choose.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    It's a challenge and makes me work harder than a simple fight
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    PLEASE CHANGE THE NODE FOR THIS SEASON KABAM😭
    Jaded said:

Last 3 seasons I’d play non stop. Not worried about wins or losses. I’ve got 10 r4 6*, 40+ r3 6* and I can fill in other needs with r2 6* or 5* r5 without issue. I don’t want to play This meta, it just takes a bad draft to know you’ll lose with no skill to help you.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the armor up didn’t last 30 seconds.

I saw someone else say that it would be better if intercepting removed the armour, I think that would be good, though it would still need balancing, like increasing the chitin charge to 15 instead of 10 or something
  • MrPink151MrPink151 Posts: 6
    I don’t mind losing a fight due to lack of skill or just not having a good champ to battle my opponents defender. But I do mind when I’m destroying myself instead of my opponent when I’m giving him a good but kicking. Losing power and health while winning the fight SUCKS!!! If anyone else out there agrees please chime in and let KABAM know, maybe they’ll change it back. Way to go Kabam! You always know how to mess stuff up!!
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    MrPink151 said:

I don’t mind losing a fight due to lack of skill or just not having a good champ to battle my opponents defender. But I do mind when I’m destroying myself instead of my opponent when I’m giving him a good but kicking. Losing power and health while winning the fight SUCKS!!! If anyone else out there agrees please chime in and let KABAM know, maybe they’ll change it back. Way to go Kabam! You always know how to mess stuff up!!

There's a lot more counters on offense and defense than many realize, this video breaks it down briefly and can help you
    https://youtu.be/S-govumYJ80
  • This season bg is no fun at all constant power burn and i take damage from hitting champs its annoying i cant enjoy this at all i was really looking forward to this if yall going to make stupid nodes like this then dont add nodes at all yall completely ruined bgs for me i had to deal with modders now i got to deal with this bs meta node? Nope change it not only my alliance is complaining about it but i see everyone else saying change the damn node 🤦🏾‍♂️ like cmon now i usually dont complain about this game or come on here to say something but this pushed me to call yall out on yall bs
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Although I am doing poorly (S3 by luck), wouldn't it be poor showing to change the meta after some individuals raised up champs for it?
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 624 ★★★
    ChiliDog said:

Although I am doing poorly (S3 by luck), wouldn't it be poor showing to change the meta after some individuals raised up champs for it?

I've mentioned this before but tweaking the nodes would probably prevent a different flood of complaints. Same champions would benefit but make power burn easier to play around. By cutting the armor time to 10sec or a way to remove charges with heavy, intercept, or whatever
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    MrPink151 said:

We have ranked champions for their abilities and can’t rank them all. The champions that have the ability to overcome that ability SUCK and nobody ranks them up. Get rid of it!!!

Tell me who the best are that suck? Falcon? Galan, hulkling? AA? Venom? Claire? Diablo? Tigra (once fixed)?

I am horrible at this game, meta, etc. but I don't see how this is true. However, you might need to get and lock in different masteries for BGs. I did a ton of arena to unlock masteries and lock in a different setup for BGs. This isn't the most recoil mastery friendly setup for example to use the best champs.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Im just playing for the quests, I have 25 good champs for the meta so Im winning pretty much straight forward, so 3 wins every 2 days Its what Im going to do, even having the champs I dont find this funny enough to rush to GC
  • JslapJslap Posts: 67
    One solution for this meta. We choose a player. Kabam chooses a player. They go head to head in the ultimate no holds barred battlegrounds match. If our side is victorious, this meta goes away instantly and never comes back. If kabam is victorious, this meta stays for this season, and is week 2s meta for every season going forward.

To celebrate this grand occasion, just prior to the match, both sides get together on lefty knoxs live stream as kabams rig rays force him to open a 6* groot.