**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who’s “enjoying” this month’s BG meta?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Anyone?

Who’s “enjoying” this month’s BG meta? 177 votes

Not enjoying it at all
59%
Mpd1nelly22XHans_GruberXDrenlinzuffyDuMonUGingerJunoheirDEZFeeney234ThereticEyeballtat2FrankWhiteMityAntKennadoKOSHRbk19IMWeaselRaikisKerneasLogan00 106 votes
Loving it
40%
RaganatorDemonicStalkermeoreanCat_MurdockDarth_StewieCassyGarloCupidrockykostonpseudosaneRoflmao123Crcm2017Manar198xCr7ms7rs7RockyshockyIKONDenzel116PikoluSidDDragonAmazing_Demon05 71 votes

Comments

• A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 988 ★★★★
    Not enjoying it at all
    Hate it. Came in thinking I would do pretty well. But RNG on OG SW is terrible. I can never pull Hulkling or Galan when they aren't banned when my opponent gets both. I am only doing the objectives when they come up every couple of days.

It's kinda dumb that I have to take R4 and R3 champs out of my deck for 5 star champs. Feels like a step back.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,893 ★★★★★
    Not enjoying it at all
    Indifferent. But will only go for objectives once I hit 300k.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Not enjoying it at all
    Myself, or my roster suck... either way I haven't enjoyed it much.

Feel like it's a lot down to luck whether I draft the counters I need.
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Not replying to the poll, because the answer is nuanced. Take away the Paragons and Thronebreakers that lurk in lower brackets and it’s actually pretty enjoyable. To the extent of loving it? Probably not. It’s never fun when you get a bad draft that effectively causes death over time with no mitigation.
    Not enjoying it at all
    Agent_7 said:

Not replying to the poll, because the answer is nuanced. Take away the Paragons and Thronebreakers that lurk in lower brackets and it’s actually pretty enjoyable. To the extent of loving it? Probably not. It’s never fun when you get a bad draft that effectively causes death over time with no mitigation.

You realize to match against a Thronebreaker or Paragon you have to have a somewhat comparable roster?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Loving it
    I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm "loving it", but I'm definitely on the more positive side. I think it's a fun and challenging meta. But I also have the roster to deal with it.

That said, I've yet to reach the Gladiator's Circuit. Even with the right champions, every match feels like...well, maybe not up to chance directly, but I'm certainly not winning as many matches in a row as I usually do. It makes it significantly harder to advance from the Victory Track than usual.

But the difficulty also makes every win that much sweeter. So, there's that.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    Not enjoying it at all
    Whoever voted “loving it”, I find that very hard to believe.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Loving it
    I'm loving that I don't have to play BGs at all this month.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Not enjoying it at all
    This Months BG meta is making me considering quitting the game.

Only like 20 champs are useful.. if you don’t get lucky with the draw you might as well quit out and start over.

Plus it’s too stressful.

It’s just not fun anymore.. I’m sorry.
    Not enjoying it at all
    I was so excited to play BG and it used to be fun.

Bit right now I’m just so sick of using the same champs over and over.. it’s just not fun anymore.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    Loving it
    I think I posted on a thread when it first came out that I hated at that point in time, but will reserve judgement until after I learnt more about the meta. Well, I’m currently loving it. I’m using my BWCV, Sym Supreme who I previously ranked up but never used as had Doom at R4 so didn’t ever need them. My 5/65 Falcon is smashing it.

In other months if I couldn’t KO the opponent you knew you lost. This is far more tactical, there’s a lot of just lasting and trying to do as much damage as possible.

It’s only a more of a chess match, sometimes trying to pin down the win on fight 3, throwing fight 2.

I can understand why a lot don’t like it. I’m enjoying it.
    Not enjoying it at all
    K00shMaan said:

Only like 20 champs are useful.. if you don’t get lucky with the draw you might as well quit out and start over.

Plus it’s too stressful.

If you only think 20 champs are useful in this Meta that probably explains why you aren't enjoying. There are tons of options that can put up scores of 45,000+ on offense and tons of defensive options that will give up less than that when they aren't hard countered.
    It’s not exactly 20 of course but you end up choosing the same old champs..

Red Mags, OP Techs, OP Mystics, some Comics.. etc..
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Loving it
    This season was the fastest i have ever climbed out of victory track…a handful of rankups made this an enjoyable one.
    Not enjoying it at all
    ADDIS0N said:

You need a “somewhat like” and a “somewhat dislike” option.

I’ll go with the latter.

I liked it at first, when I felt like I had it figured out. Especially when I matched with someone who did not. I put together a pretty solid deck and things seemed to go OK.

But, after more people figured out the better champs to take, everyone has very similar decks, the same 3-5 of my champs get banned every matchup and then you have to rely on luck to get a good hand. For what it’s worth, luck doesn’t usually seem to be on my side.

Add the modders, lag and dropped inputs to that, and it doesn’t help the experience. Feels great to win when it’s a solid matchup with strategy, skill and luck … feels like absolute **** when you lose because of something out of your control.

Thought I was the only one experiencing dropped input.

In close matches, 1 missed heavy means you’re combed and the match is over for you. Another reason BG is becoming almost unplayable for me.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Loving it
    My favourite VC meta to date.

For paragons with built out rosters, it’s fun. I can understand the frustration at lower ranks though.

I’ve read and listened to arguments over the season and although I think it’s great fun, I think Kabam should lower the restrictiveness of future metas.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 568 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Loving it
    Cant say loving it but its quite good, for the first time ever since BG started I broke into platinum level and 9 more days to go.

And am TB with only 1 R4.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Loving it

K00shMaan said:

Plus it’s too stressful.

If you only think 20 champs are useful in this Meta that probably explains why you aren't enjoying. There are tons of options that can put up scores of 45,000+ on offense and tons of defensive options that will give up less than that when they aren't hard countered.
    It’s not exactly 20 of course but you end up choosing the same old champs..

Red Mags, OP Techs, OP Mystics, some Comics.. etc..
    Probably you.

Could be a roster problem, but there's some really good champs other than ones you've mentioned.

You've covered 3 classes of champs out of 6, I mean what more can you ask for?

I'd argue science champs are really good on defense, especially torch, scorpion, Quick silver, Invisible woman, Overseer, Mr Negative, iBom.

Same from skill Nick Fury, Kingpin, Falcon.

I'd you aren't picking mutants, you're really missing a trick there. Apoc, Namor, Archangel, Bishop, Colossus, Toad, Domino.

And the list goes on. Are you sure you aren't just here to complain?
    Loving it
    mbrace said:

Whoever voted “loving it”, I find that very hard to believe.

@mbrace read my above comment.

Loving it, maybe not, but it's challenging, more so than other metas. Requires more skill and matchup accuracy than other seasons.

Limited roster could be a problem for some, but if you're a TB and above, it really shouldn't be. Just need to select the right set of champs.

Balance it out, don't go with 10 cosmic, 10 mystic and then complain about losing.
    edited January 2023
    Loving it
    A_Fungi said:

Hate it. Came in thinking I would do pretty well. But RNG on OG SW is terrible. I can never pull Hulkling or Galan when they aren't banned when my opponent gets both. I am only doing the objectives when they come up every couple of days.

It's kinda dumb that I have to take R4 and R3 champs out of my deck for 5 star champs. Feels like a step back.

@A_Fungi
    Use the reroll functionality.

I have pulled Hulkling and Galan multiple times, but I never ban them even though mine are only 5*

Learn to play around those 2 characters, it's easy enough to make them fall into a trap.

Galan isn't an auto win, I've proved that to my fellow paragon opponents over and over.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Loving it
    FiiNCH said:

For paragons with built out rosters, it’s fun. I can understand the frustration at lower ranks though.

I’ve read and listened to arguments over the season and although I think it’s great fun, I think Kabam should lower the restrictiveness of future metas.

Node combinations like this don’t belong to VT.
    They would rather be used at GC where the more experienced and advanced rosters should be.
    Nothing of these two happens now.
    VT has a relatively “hard” node and GC is full of noob accounts due to Prestige matchmaking.
    In my opinion Battlegrounds is a huge mess at the moment 🙁
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Not enjoying it at all
    Not a big fan due to reasons already mentioned here, I don't have a lot of food counters (ranked up) so it starts to feel like an RNG fest hoping that they either aren't banned or I'll be able to pull them from the drafts.
    Aside from that I don't find the node combo particularly fun even with a counter
    This is mainly a roster issue with me and personal preference, happy for anyone who's able to enjoy it I just hope next season is a bit less limiting/more fun
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Loving it
    Greekhit said:

FiiNCH said:

Node combinations like this don’t belong to VT.
    They would rather be used at GC where the more experienced and advanced rosters should be.
    Nothing of these two happens now.
    VT has a relatively “hard” node and GC is full of noob accounts due to Prestige matchmaking.
    In my opinion Battlegrounds is a huge mess at the moment 🙁
    I think defining Bg’s as a mess is dependent on your target. If you’re trying to hit top 100 etc, then yeah it’s a pain dealing with the modders/bugs/connectivity issues.

I’m in a position where I can grind casually and end up in mid tier of GC with little to no effort, whilst picking up a ton of rewards weekly - so I think it’s great and a lot of fun.

I understand people’s complaints though.
    Not enjoying it at all
    Man, I totally quit playing BGs now. I am just grinding units to complete Carina vol 3.

Maybe by the time I'm done some of my r4s will actually be useful in BGs again.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Plus it’s too stressful.

What happens when those tons of offensive champs who post 45,000+ score face off against those tons of defensive options that will give less than that?