**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gladiator Circuit Should Matcmake according To Prestige or Total Hero Rating

HalpyHalpy Posts: 146 β˜…
edited February 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
As the VT matchmaking happens according to prestige, GC should use the same principles. Total Hero Rating could also be the criteria.

There are so many stacked rosters. It's not fair matching against them with smaller rosters. They should be in their own weight classes.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
Β«13456716

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I mean, I support having something preventing manipulation and evening things out for Players starting out in the VT, but those are basically the Preliminaries. The GC is the actual race.

So you think a 100k account should be able to make it to GC by only matching similar accounts?
    I think there has to be something keeping things fair to a certain point, yes. What that point is, is still up for debate. Someone suggested the first 5 Tiers. I'd say at least half myself, but that's just me.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Disagree completely. You’re competing for the same rewards. At no point should prestige or roster or ANYTHING outside of your current placement impact matchmaking, in VC or in GC

In VT i don't agree. In GC yeah
    I disagree with that extreme as well. You need to give people half a chance starting out, and you need to prevent people from just pecking off whoever they want at the beginning stages. There's this idea that it's all just fair game because it's the same competition for the same Rewards, but that only applies if people are given reasonable increases to the challenge level they're reaching. You can't have that within a system that just throws everyone in amongst each other from the start. That's just creating a game mode that serves only one set of Players.
    As for the suggestions of separating Players based on class and having a separate competition, the Titanic was separated by classes. 2500 people died as a result of it, and it's currently eroding at the bottom of the Atlantic.
    It's not a far reach to give people a fair start to the competition and still have everyone in the same system. We don't need an entirely separate game created just because people have achieved a certain point of growth.

I disagree with that extreme as well. You need to give people half a chance starting out, and you need to prevent people from just pecking off whoever they want at the beginning stages. There's this idea that it's all just fair game because it's the same competition for the same Rewards, but that only applies if people are given reasonable increases to the challenge level they're reaching. You can't have that within a system that just throws everyone in amongst each other from the start. That's just creating a game mode that serves only one set of Players.
    As for the suggestions of separating Players based on class and having a separate competition, the Titanic was separated by classes. 2500 people died as a result of it, and it's currently eroding at the bottom of the Atlantic.
    It's not a far reach to give people a fair start to the competition and still have everyone in the same system. We don't need an entirely separate game created just because people have achieved a certain point of growth.

Wrong on all counts.

To start, ~1500 people died on the titanic, not 2500. Primarily because there weren't enough lifeboats by the way, not that tosh about classes.

They didn't have enough lifeboats because they thought that it made the decks too cluttered for one specific class, and that class wouldn't enjoy themselves as much if the regulations were met.

Prioritising one classes' enjoyment over every other reasonable metric is why 1500 people died and the titanic is rusting at the bottom of the Atlantic, so maybe we should stop doing that?

You're right. I mixed the numbers up.
    What you're off on is prioritizing one class's enjoyment is exactly what a lack of a starting point does. You're also correct we should stop doing that. For example, allowing the top to have easy prey at the beginning for their own propulsion, thereby ruining the reasonable metrics of people earlier on.
    There's only one BGs, and it's available for a range of Players, and they're all at valid points in the game. Just because there's a competitive aspect to the game, doesn't mean the top automatically owns it.