**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon or TB and stuck in Victory track? Check this out

Comments

• Options
    TribalChiefTribalChief Posts: 70
    The best way to fix BG is to remove winning streak system from victory track atleast .
    Instead of 3-5 streak wins in a row there should be some fixed numbers of win required to move up in bg in victory track.

In Glad circuit Matchmaking should be random based on tier of the player.
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    Im pretty sure everyone would be happy and things would be solved for the majority of the players if we just remove the stupid system when u lose in victory track a star is taken.
    The worst thing is to lose and have to win twice again for the same amount of Star - that goes more frustrating at diamonds 1-2 when u need 4-5 consistent wins.
    Another + for this is ppl wont be able to cheat and stay at lower brackets bronze with the win/lose system.
    Gladiator ranking is already fine with point system.
    I mean its the win-win change for players, dunno about kabam tho, poor shields cant make them profit.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    People are complaining about progression and the time and money invested, also cheaters and modders in the mode. I would like Kabam to take a very friendly and unusual approach to this huge issue for next season. Would like them to at least try it out for next season and then run their datasheet.

I suggest NOT penalizing the player for losing a match.
    Increase the number of matches from 3 to 4 medals in order to advance to the next tiers. So by that account you need 12 wins to get out of the Bronze tiers, 12 wins for the silver tiers, 12 wins for the gold tiers, so on and so for. By doing this, you are still encouraging the player to play good and try their best to win matches but won't get penalized for losing and vaguely waste their time. If you win you get a medal. If you lose you don't get medal and won't have medals removed from progression.

I believe this will make 90% of the player base extremely happy and will encourage more spending by them. Win/win scenario for both parties.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    For the record, I don't like the statement. However, the point is that no one appreciates being marginalized. No one appreciates having their frustrations belittled, and no one appreciates being told their progress is invalid. I understand there is a certain amount of tit-for-tat in discussions, but all sides are valid, and no one is going to get anywhere by negating the other side's concerns.
  • Options

For the record, I don't like the statement. However, the point is that no one appreciates being marginalized. No one appreciates having their frustrations belittled, and no one appreciates being told their progress is invalid. I understand there is a certain amount of tit-for-tat in discussions, but all sides are valid, and no one is going to get anywhere by negating the other side's concerns.

I will never change my mind that if someone is getting better rewards than me when it is obvious they can't beat me but don't have to face me, then they don't deserve those better rewards than me.

That's like paying an amateur boxer more than a professional or giving a higher contract to a minor league baseball player than a professional. Sure their stats are good, but they are facing a far lower quality of opponents so they obviously don't get higher rewards than those at higher progression such as the professionals.

That's the part of your argument that you consistently refuse to accept. I will keep shouting that if you can't beat me,/ but don't have to face me, you don't deserve better rewards than me from now until BG is fixed.
    Oh, I'm fully aware that you're fixated on what other people are getting. Sooner or later you're going to have to accept the fact that they're earning it through their own Matches. So they do. If you're as skilled as you say you are, win your own Matches. It's less of a Sports analogy, and more akin to saying if I can't have them, no one can.
  • Options
    I mean they'd mostly likely be told how best to progress their account so they could move up the ranks. Not told to git gud. That's if progressing your account didn't make things more difficult as it does right now.

A very silly situation.
  • Options
    I've been here for years. I've seen the reactions people have here. Some are helpful, more often than not, people are told to Git Gud and that the system is as it should be, so there's no problem here.
  • Options

You've just got to filter out the serious replies from the nonsense. A complete free for all would be ridiculous as you've said. You'd have 4m paragons matching with 100k uc accounts. Beyond demoralising for those little accounts. Clearly that isn't sensible or fair.

Neither is 800k cav accounts easlily outperforming 3m paragon accounts. Despite what you may think those paragons are in 99% of cases much more skilled than those lower accounts. It isn't just roster strength

There are ways to fix it to make it reasonably equitable for everyone. We just have to keep banging on about it until we get something a bit more concrete from kabam.

I'm not really saying the system is perfect as-is. What I take issue with is telling people they don't deserve the Rewards they've earned fairly.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

You've just got to filter out the serious replies from the nonsense. A complete free for all would be ridiculous as you've said. You'd have 4m paragons matching with 100k uc accounts. Beyond demoralising for those little accounts. Clearly that isn't sensible or fair.

Neither is 800k cav accounts easlily outperforming 3m paragon accounts. Despite what you may think those paragons are in 99% of cases much more skilled than those lower accounts. It isn't just roster strength

There are ways to fix it to make it reasonably equitable for everyone. We just have to keep banging on about it until we get something a bit more concrete from kabam.

I'm not really saying the system is perfect as-is. What I take issue with is telling people they don't deserve the Rewards they've earned fairly.
    Then you should start a thread about that topic, rather than spam this one with an off topic focus.
    That's not off-topic. It's at the heart of the OP's argument.
    I am the OP, I made the video and NO, it wasn't at the heart at my argument at all. My argument was there is clearly something wrong if so many lower accounts/ UC and Cav are in Arcane 2 and so many Paragons are still in victory track.
    I feel like I was close enough
    I agree. I just wanted to chime in as the person you were discussing with that has the habit of putting words in other people's mouths or trying to speak for other people incorrectly.

Since he was incorrectly trying to speak for me, and interpreted my message as something completely different than what it was, I just needed to clarify.
  • Options
    Your message is the same as it's been in numerous Threads. You're upset they're in the GC while some Paragons are not.
    You yourself have said in this Thread that they don't deserve the Rewards when they would lose against you.
    I think you're having trouble staying on your own topic.
  • Options
    Same thing. You say they don't deserve them because they never fought you, and you're lower than them.
  • Options

Same thing. You say they don't deserve them because they never fought you, and you're lower than them.

No, they're saying that it isn't fair that they're being judged against those who have faced lesser competition, without the opportunity to face that same competition. If it was the eq, we wouldn't say it was fair if it was prestige locked but all the rewards were the same for each tier. Incursions gives higher rewards for higher tiers, where people are locked into a certain level of competition.
    Define lesser. Everyone compares the opponent but they don't factor in what they're using.
  • Options

No, they're saying that it isn't fair that they're being judged against those who have faced lesser competition, without the opportunity to face that same competition. If it was the eq, we wouldn't say it was fair if it was prestige locked but all the rewards were the same for each tier. Incursions gives higher rewards for higher tiers, where people are locked into a certain level of competition.
    Define lesser. Everyone compares the opponent but they don't factor in what they're using.
    By lesser I mean the competition is weaker in every way including champs (rarity, rank, sig, variety) masteries, and experience (which potentially impacts opponents skill level).
    Yes. So is the Roster they're using to fight with. Which means the challenge level (affected by Nodes Rarity, Rank, Sig, variety) is scaled the same.
    People compare the opponents they're facing with the ones higher Players are facing, but they're not facing them with the same Roster either.
    The Matches are scaled within a close proximity of each other, given what both sides are using versus their own Opponents.
    The comparison is one-sided. It's also self-serving. "They wouldn't last against my Account."
    You're not lasting WITH your Account, and you expect people with less to be slaughtered just because you're not succeeding. (By you I mean the Royal "you".)
    It's lacking perspective. They're not fighting Rosters 5 times their size, but neither are you. You're facing Rosters within the same range of what you're working with as they are.
    I'm going to be blunt. If people spent more time on their own Matches than they did being jealous of the progress other people are making, they would progress more.
  • Options

By lesser I mean the competition is weaker in every way including champs (rarity, rank, sig, variety) masteries, and experience (which potentially impacts opponents skill level).
    Yes. So is the Roster they're using to fight with. Which means the challenge level (affected by Nodes Rarity, Rank, Sig, variety) is scaled the same.
    People compare the opponents they're facing with the ones higher Players are facing, but they're not facing them with the same Roster either.
    The Matches are scaled within a close proximity of each other, given what both sides are using versus their own Opponents.
    The comparison is one-sided. It's also self-serving. "They wouldn't last against my Account."
    You're not lasting WITH your Account, and you expect people with less to be slaughtered just because you're not succeeding. (By you I mean the Royal "you".)
    It's lacking perspective. They're not fighting Rosters 5 times their size, but neither are you. You're facing Rosters within the same range of what you're working with as they are.
    I'm going to be blunt. If people spent more time on their own Matches than they did being jealous of the progress other people are making, they would progress more.
    Right, but the game mode only has 1 pool so the job then is to determine if the challenge is equitable and decide if the rewards are meant to be equal for those differences or similarly scaled (the value of t6 cats for a paragon player versus the value of t6 material for a uc player etc). I would say its like in pro sports, where the roster is judged against the same competition across the board (they don't sub out stars for less skilled players when facing an inferior roster as a rule, and the prizes are the same for everyone).
    The Store limits what you can buy. So they're not having access to the same Mats.