**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Post-Update Discussion re: Apothecary/Consumable Economy

Comments

• VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

So basically it's just another 2 revives per week in comparison to the original change announced 🤨

They literally said in the post that the individual changes seem small but combined they have a big impact, which is true. Did you just choose to skip over that bit or just choosing to only look at one change for some reason?

The biggest change is to the 22hr events being level 2, so we're no longer stockpiling one kind of revive but 2, so in essence doubling the amount of guaranteed revives we can stockpile (while also slightly increasing the cap, which is nice but not a huge deal). We're definitely worse off than before, but overall it's not a horrible compromise.
    The solo event isn't guaranteed in the sense that apothecary is though, is it? You run 2 paths in Apothecary and get 1 revive per day guaranteed, solo events require much more time than that so can't be included as a guaranteed revive in the same way. Either way though you're still only getting 1 revive from the solo events if you do go for them ... which is the same quantity as before, just now you get a little more health (yay). If you're building up level 2s faster than before as a side effect of the solo event change then that means you're losing 1 level 1 revive at the same time
    I mean the solo events ones are still guaranteed, but yes they require more effort. As for getting level 2 revives instead of level 1s yes, what you said is true. Which is why (again this was directly in the post for you to see) they said we will be stocking up the revives slower than before.

Agree or disagree with their decision here. it doesn't matter (I think it's a massive step-up from what they announced previously but still needs some work to get us a little more in line with where they were before), but they're not doing anything shady here, it's all there for you to read. You're making points that they already commented on.
  • Avocago65Avocago65 Posts: 47
    I will absolutely give them credit for changing the initial plans. There is still room for improvement, but this is at least a start and I will wait to see how this is all implemented before fully saying it's horrible or not. What I am upset about though is this argument they keep saying that ‘brute forcing content with revives will stop them from releasing content after 8.2’. Sure we shouldn’t be able to get 100s of revives in a day or whatever the number was but changing how many revives we have access to is not stopping the brute forcing of content because you can still buy revives, and those bought revives are what is going to lead to all the content coming after 8.2. But just say that, we all know you’re cutting the amount of farmable revives so people buy more revives but don’t hide it behind the fact that farming revives is the only means to brute force content. Brute forcing content is going to cost money, period. That is the stance that is being taking and sure that’s fine, it’s a business and paying for stuff always gets you there faster. Just stop acting like farming revives is the only way to brute force content. That’s my rant, that’s all
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    There's much more involved than changing a code and seeing what happens. It's been the same for years. I think it speaks to something that they're working on it now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

Good god… I get y’all run a business and I’m sympathetic to this issue. Truly I am, with time I’ve come to soften my distaste for your companies consistent reputation to promise idle changes over a large period of time, hoping that players will just move on. You clearly haven’t listened to the community like you say you have. “Content creators, social media, forums” everyone has given you far better alternatives to this revive farming issue and you’ve continued not to listen. Increasing the limit from 15 to 20 is such a pathetic “compromise.” I appreciate the fact you’ll be increasing the level 1 to a level 2 revive for TB-P players… but this is still pathetic. Especially when it’s will take MONTHS. Where the game is at in today’s standing we need more access to revives, if not from farming, you all need to step up and adequate them into more game modes, not just some pathetic 5-7 day event that gives pennies.

You mentioned that units are the key to revives and with that, players need to be engaged to play these game modes that offer units. I appreciate that, back in the day of LOL and act 6 that was how I personally completed those quests. Save up as many revives from objectives and 4hour crystals as well as units from arena. However, now a days unit grinding is JUST as tedious and boring as revive farming. Their is no excitement to arena grinding. I get stoned and turn on Netflix, only to play arena begrudgingly. We need an exciting new way to get units for our time. ADD UNITS TO CAV AND THRONEBREAKER EQ, increase unit returns from arena. Add units to alliance events…. I understand it takes time. But if you want the community to take interest in your improvements, they have to be made in reasonable time and with the benefit of the summoner being apparent.

"The following is a personal account, and not reflective of Kabam and their views. Please consume responsibly."

Hahaha. Sorry, that seemed funny to me.
  • DanxorDanxor Posts: 91
    Overall I think these changes work really well. The combination of getting both revive types really helps out. Sure it may take longer to accrue a huge stash, but we are able to get a fair amount of revives to attempt the content with before dipping into units. And the rate allows them to push content at a rate to make revives a real economy.