Thoughts on BGs Farming

Comments

• IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★

TyEdge said:

To me, it’s not a problem because there really isn’t a victim. The tiers of the solo reward event are negligibly different from each other.

This really does make it clear that the solo event additions were poorly designed. There should’ve been a work around, fast track or bonus points for people who reached GC.

This is a pretty flippant take to say there aren’t victims. When large accounts are hanging back with a huge roster and beating up lesser paragons and below who are trying to advance when you should already be in GC, they aren’t affected? “I’m not a victim of it, so I don’t care” is more accurate.
    If anything I'm in the same situation as them. I have started trying to farm in plat 2 and am now in the verge of getting into diamond because I couldn't forfeit fast enough. I really don't see victims here.

(Except kabam who'se game is played less but idc about that lol)
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Fryday said:

Well while we all discussing the ethic of BG farming, we still have players with big account (at least to me), still trying pull this kind of things.

It is kind of sad:-
    1) to be at the size of account and still trying this low "tactic"

2) played to that level and still doesn't realise Kabam have changed the matching system.

And this is not the only one, if players are still trying this low of a "tactic", then I don't really know if farming is a big deal.

Its sad cause its a "tactic" that stopped working since season 2... So its not even a tactic ...
    I fully agreed, they played to Paragon level and still didn't realised Kabam changed the matching system, so this doesn't even work anymore, hence why I call it a "tactic", with lovely air quotes 🤣🤣🤣.

But it just show the level some MCOC players would sink to
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Mackey said:

I don't see the issue. You're giving people free wins, some of which would have 0 chance to beat you. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

I thought the same thing, it's almost as though some are playing it properly to grind their points where others are working smarter and getting the same points for less effort. Bitterness 🤷‍♂️
    People just don't like strategy. Is there gonna be a thread made about throwing the second fight to ensure you win the third? Shouldn't that be considered cheating too?
    If you can’t find the deficiencies in that analogy, I don’t know what to tell you.
    Please explain it to me.
    For starters…. You both entered the match to win. If you lose a round on purpose to burn a defender and set yourself to ultimately when 2 of 3… that’s within the spirit of the match to ultimately succeed. No one is entering the match with the intent to not advance.

This is opposed to you entering a match with elders marks against someone with a lesser account with elders marks so that you can destroy them when you should have advanced out of that ranking long ago. For the next 3 matches you will tank with energy and start the process all over again.

The former is winning a match which is the point. The other is sandbagging and exploiting matchmaking to the detriment of other summoners in various ways.

(I am assuming you weren’t being obtuse when you asked to explain why your analogy fails).
    I noticed you replied here but didn't on my reply. I'm curious to hear what you think because you don't choose who you match when selecting energy vs elder marks and you keep using a faux term "spirit of competition/the match".
    Is it really a faux term? You said so yourself in your previous post that this isn’t want Kabam “intended” - anyone off the street looking at the mode would conclude that the goal is to advance through the levels via competition and winning. Farming is purposefully losing. Can you see where kabam has put that forward as a strategy? Or just in mobile gaming or any game in general…. Is there a legitimate competition where you want to lose on purpose to win?

Maybe when declaring income to get ia lower tax burden, but I think we all really know what “spirit of competition” is..
    Solo and alliance milestone awards have no impact on the PVP competition itself...
    DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

To me, it’s not a problem because there really isn’t a victim. The tiers of the solo reward event are negligibly different from each other.

This really does make it clear that the solo event additions were poorly designed. There should’ve been a work around, fast track or bonus points for people who reached GC.

How so? You don't stop once you reach GC. I'm in gc got 525k in solo. People who are farming can't reach GC.
    That's a players choice.. due to this poor design alliances have set a minimum requirement.. mostly at 400k... If you are in GC at 525k points and still using elder marks that a choice u made.. I rather save them for next season and use energy in GC
    It's not a poor design it's a lack of skill by the player base that feels entitled to every reward in this game. You're right it is my choice what I was trying to show there is it's not design it can be easily done.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    DL864 said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

I don't see the issue. You're giving people free wins, some of which would have 0 chance to beat you. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

I thought the same thing, it's almost as though some are playing it properly to grind their points where others are working smarter and getting the same points for less effort. Bitterness 🤷‍♂️
    People just don't like strategy. Is there gonna be a thread made about throwing the second fight to ensure you win the third? Shouldn't that be considered cheating too?
    If you can’t find the deficiencies in that analogy, I don’t know what to tell you.
    Please explain it to me.
    For starters…. You both entered the match to win. If you lose a round on purpose to burn a defender and set yourself to ultimately when 2 of 3… that’s within the spirit of the match to ultimately succeed. No one is entering the match with the intent to not advance.

This is opposed to you entering a match with elders marks against someone with a lesser account with elders marks so that you can destroy them when you should have advanced out of that ranking long ago. For the next 3 matches you will tank with energy and start the process all over again.

The former is winning a match which is the point. The other is sandbagging and exploiting matchmaking to the detriment of other summoners in various ways.

(I am assuming you weren’t being obtuse when you asked to explain why your analogy fails).
    I noticed you replied here but didn't on my reply. I'm curious to hear what you think because you don't choose who you match when selecting energy vs elder marks and you keep using a faux term "spirit of competition/the match".
    Is it really a faux term? You said so yourself in your previous post that this isn’t want Kabam “intended” - anyone off the street looking at the mode would conclude that the goal is to advance through the levels via competition and winning. Farming is purposefully losing. Can you see where kabam has put that forward as a strategy? Or just in mobile gaming or any game in general…. Is there a legitimate competition where you want to lose on purpose to win?

Maybe when declaring income to get ia lower tax burden, but I think we all really know what “spirit of competition” is..
    Solo and alliance milestone awards have no impact on the PVP competition itself...
    DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

How so? You don't stop once you reach GC. I'm in gc got 525k in solo. People who are farming can't reach GC.
    That's a players choice.. due to this poor design alliances have set a minimum requirement.. mostly at 400k... If you are in GC at 525k points and still using elder marks that a choice u made.. I rather save them for next season and use energy in GC
    It's not a poor design it's a lack of skill by the player base that feels entitled to every reward in this game. You're right it is my choice what I was trying to show there is it's not design it can be easily done.
    Lack of skill?.. its called resource management...
    525k in solo assuming u won every match (which i doubt) is about 7000 elder marks..
    Coppin said:

DL864 said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

525k in solo assuming u won every match (which i doubt) is about 7000 elder marks..
    We are talking about the design not my score. There's noting wrong with the design.
    < we all really know what “spirit of competition” is..
    DL864 said:

Coppin said:

DL864 said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

We are talking about the design not my score. There's noting wrong with the design.
    The design is terrible for lower end players which other summoners defend with a cape and sword (not talking about you)..
    For a player that got to GC all past seasons is easy and yes highly related to skill..
    Now try to get a UC/Cav account to hit the 400k mark.. probably not as easy...
    Its a terrible design, alliances that were war oriented dropped players or oriented their recruitment based on BGs for this season...Also I am not sure if this will also line up with the dates for the new war season...
    Coppin said:

DL864 said:

Coppin said:

DL864 said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

The design is terrible for lower end players which other summoners defend with a cape and sword (not talking about you)..
    For a player that got to GC all past seasons is easy and yes highly related to skill..
    Its a terrible design, alliances that were war oriented dropped players or oriented their recruitment based on BGs for this season...Also I am not sure if this will also line up with the dates for the new war season...

OK where in game can cav/uc get t3a t6b t6cc? They can't. Just cause the rewards are there doesn't mean it's everyone.
    DL864 said:

Coppin said:

DL864 said:

Coppin said:

DL864 said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

OK where in game can cav/uc get t3a t6b t6cc? They can't. Just cause the rewards are there doesn't mean it's everyone.

Which is why its terrible... and trust me I am the last person to advocate for lower end players; but look at what has been happening lately as in player engagement...
    7* celebration, only Paragons were able to actually participate, TBs were as good as dead weight
    This event... Making alliances look for at least 400k point players, and as you have said.. giving lower ends a chance to high rewards for just grinding instead pf skill play...
    The design is pretty bad..
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Member Posts: 144 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

I dont understand what is issue is. 🤷‍♂️

Paragon beats three TBs with elder marks on Diamond 2 then loses three on purpose with energy so he can stay on the same league and win three matches again with elder marks since most accounts will be weaker than theirs on that league. On GC however that same Paragon wouldn't win that many matches so easily.
    As I said I don't see an issue with it and I don't consider it cheating I just think it's scummy and it sucks for the people on the receiving end hence I haven't done it myself

Dont hate the player hate the game my guy 🤷‍♂️
    I'm already in GC there's nothing to hate here I just wouldn't want to be on the receiving end if I was one of those poor UC or Cav players. You asked why I think it's wrong to do this and I replied
    Again for every UC or Cav player that gets beaten, there is one UC or Cav player that will take a free win, or even the very same UC/Cav on his next match.
    Overall it's a zero sum game, not any specific demographic (overall) is losing anything.
    That's the big picture of it.
    The only thing that is slightly affected by this, are the solo BGs ranked rewards.
    If two identical players play the same number of matches, use the same amount of resources (Elder Marks and Energy) and win the same number of matches, the one that farmed will end up with much more points, as his EM win ratio will be close to 100%, while statistically the non farmer's will be only around 50%.

Climbing up is not what makes this scummy though what makes it scummy is the fact that those players are wasting their elder marks while I could've easily just sat there getting value out of 80% of my elder marks since I can pick when I win and when I lose 80% of the time. When I got to Diamond 1 yesterday all the whales had moved up to GC already and it wasn't that hard for me to move up to GC today early in the morning. If you ask me that's not a slight difference that's a pretty big difference they would've been wasting more than half of their elder marks while for me it would've been the complete opposite had I decided to do this
    Are you just upset you didn’t think of this before advancing to GC?
    Not really I'm at 367k points if I wasn't able to get to 400k without farming then I'd be mad. Seems like my comment (which would still be my own personal opinion at the end of the day) did tick you off though I wonder why

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Paragon beats three TBs with elder marks on Diamond 2 then loses three on purpose with energy so he can stay on the same league and win three matches again with elder marks since most accounts will be weaker than theirs on that league. On GC however that same Paragon wouldn't win that many matches so easily.
    As I said I don't see an issue with it and I don't consider it cheating I just think it's scummy and it sucks for the people on the receiving end hence I haven't done it myself

I'm already in GC there's nothing to hate here I just wouldn't want to be on the receiving end if I was one of those poor UC or Cav players. You asked why I think it's wrong to do this and I replied
    Again for every UC or Cav player that gets beaten, there is one UC or Cav player that will take a free win, or even the very same UC/Cav on his next match.
    Overall it's a zero sum game, not any specific demographic (overall) is losing anything.
    The only thing that is slightly affected by this, are the solo BGs ranked rewards.
    If two identical players play the same number of matches, use the same amount of resources (Elder Marks and Energy) and win the same number of matches, the one that farmed will end up with much more points, as his EM win ratio will be close to 100%, while statistically the non farmer's will be only around 50%.

Climbing up is not what makes this scummy though what makes it scummy is the fact that those players are wasting their elder marks while I could've easily just sat there getting value out of 80% of my elder marks since I can pick when I win and when I lose 80% of the time. When I got to Diamond 1 yesterday all the whales had moved up to GC already and it wasn't that hard for me to move up to GC today early in the morning. If you ask me that's not a slight difference that's a pretty big difference they would've been wasting more than half of their elder marks while for me it would've been the complete opposite had I decided to do this
    Not really I'm at 367k points if I wasn't able to get to 400k without farming then I'd be mad. Seems like my comment (which would still be my own personal opinion at the end of the day) did tick you off though I wonder why
    Its not a matter of being able or not, its about using the least ammount of elder marks possible, after all they are not really free
    Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Its not a matter of being able or not, its about using the least ammount of elder marks possible, after all they are not really free
    Agreed hence the "I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end" said it like five times already. Sure for us it's a good thing for the lower players not so much that's all I'm saying

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Agreed hence the "I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end" said it like five times already. Sure for us it's a good thing for the lower players not so much that's all I'm saying
    I would love to have an easy ride to Plat too.. but the parameters don't allow it...
    Like i said.. the "receiving" is only being affected this 1 season.. and I dunno how much they are being affected since they gain points for free for the milestones.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

You forget that for lower accounts it’s neutral.
    They lose matches from bigger accounts, but they are also taking an equivalent number of free wins too.
    Since there is no one really losing anything, where is the problem in using an efficient tactic to farm the event?
    Aren’t we all doing it in every other game mode too?
    It is unethical players use their 7* r2/6* r5 to farm arena points, but someone might get a death match?
    It is unethical players use their several 7*s to farm Hero Use, but at the same others have 5*s to farm as their higher rarity?
    It’s a competitive game, and playing the game efficiently is part of this 🙂
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Nah!! I still have 3 more weeks to get there. I am not in a rush to get there. Getting 367k points burning elder marks and reaching GC already does confirm my suspicion. It’s just a case of sour grapes.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    When the alternative is to win every match until my cav account gets to plat 2 and then waste elder marks fighting paragon rosters, no thanks. Way smarter to hang out in a tier where I am 90% confident in getting a win. Ive handed lots of smaller accounts free Ws along the way. No harm, no foul.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Jaycray81 said:

When the alternative is to win every match until my cav account gets to plat 2 and then waste elder marks fighting paragon rosters, no thanks. Way smarter to hang out in a tier where I am 90% confident in getting a win. Ive handed lots of smaller accounts free Ws along the way. No harm, no foul.

Now we have a bunch of smaller (and by smaller I mean 5k average PI) in Diamond, coming up against Accounts like mine. If they don't Forfeit, I'm limited to sending them the Hela Emote as an apology.
    Spooking the system altogether has ramifications. It affects the natural progression that's supposed to happen from a Win/Loss ratio.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★

Jaycray81 said:

Now we have a bunch of smaller (and by smaller I mean 5k average PI) in Diamond, coming up against Accounts like mine. If they don't Forfeit, I'm limited to sending them the Hela Emote as an apology.
    Spooking the system altogether has ramifications. It affects the natural progression that's supposed to happen from a Win/Loss ratio.
    Well I only gave em the bump up to silver. They did the rest on their own.
    Jaycray81 said:

Jaycray81 said:

Well I only gave em the bump up to silver. They did the rest on their own.
    Actually you did it in Silver, someone else did it in Gold and so on...
  • pikapika Member Posts: 74
    Let me remind you all what BG means after July - BattleGround -> BattleGrind
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Nah!! I still have 3 more weeks to get there. I am not in a rush to get there. Getting 367k points burning elder marks and reaching GC already does confirm my suspicion. It’s just a case of sour grapes.
    That doesn't make any sense though does it? I'm in GC and I'm about to hit all milestones there's nothing to be upset about but alright mate, lock yourself in that echo chamber I suppose, whatever helps you sleep at night
    Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

They lose matches from bigger accounts, but they are also taking an equivalent number of free wins too.
    Since there is no one really losing anything, where is the problem in using an efficient tactic to farm the event?
    It is unethical players use their 7* r2/6* r5 to farm arena points, but someone might get a death match?
    It is unethical players use their several 7*s to farm Hero Use, but at the same others have 5*s to farm as their higher rarity?
    I already replied to you I guess you didn't read it, again. My issue with this isn't climbing up itself small accounts shouldn't climb up fast after all, my issue is they're essentially wasting 80% of their elder marks while we're not. Why? Cause they stand no chance against a big account whereas we can absolutely wipe the floor with every single one of them, and if we face other Paragons we also stand a chance so we're not wasting nearly as many elder marks as they are which I'm sure sucks for them

Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

I already replied to you I guess you didn't read it, again. My issue with this isn't climbing up itself small accounts shouldn't climb up fast after all, my issue is they're essentially wasting 80% of their elder marks while we're not. Why? Cause they stand no chance against a big account whereas we can absolutely wipe the floor with every single one of them, and if we face other Paragons we also stand a chance so we're not wasting nearly as many elder marks as they are which I'm sure sucks for them
    We waste quite a few in lower tiers due the matchmaking system...
    Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

I never said we don't, just not as many as them (when a ton of Paragons decide to farm on the same league of course)

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

I never said we don't, just not as many as them (when a ton of Paragons decide to farm on the same league of course)
    Real downside on this is the objectives, push em far enough and doing win 3 is gonna be quite painful
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★

Jaycray81 said:

Im guessing those accounts will get to diamond 1 because of players farming there. So the really really small accounts got trophy tokens for reaching diamond, that's insane. Those are some crazy good rewards for them. Already 2 people have added me just to say "thank you for quitting the match" so I guess they don't mind it that much. Sure they will run in to big accounts that will destroy them but sooner or later they will get lucky and match 2 farmers who forfeit back to back to propel them to the next tier.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

I'm sorry but if an UC player gets into plat and is then searching for a match using elder marks knowing full well the likelihood of facing higher accounts is high then more fool them. Even in a normal season the likelihood of facing higher accounts in them brackets is high so why waste elder marks on what's likely going to be a loss 🤔
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    This explains why my last 4 matches were forfeits and up until now I couldn't figure out why. One of which had a legit legends title.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    And I might do the same thing for the next 10 days. Objectives are much easier to grab in VT
  • Moha84Moha84 Member Posts: 103
    It is time ban these farmers too , they suppose to go up and face members in their level , but they forfeit matches or lose them on purpose to stay in lower tier to bully small accounts for points.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Member Posts: 278 ★★★
    Is there really a problem? I barely reach the 300k milestone usually in a season climbing the VT exclusively using elder marks, 400k would require much more time spent in GC. I've given plenty of smaller accounts free wins into Diamond at the expense of 1 medal from another small account in return for guaranteed value on my elder marks, sounds like equal exchange to me.