**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank down tickets for Zemo and Kraven…

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Bro just go home with your L. No rank-down tickets are necessary as this was a known issue.

I refuse. Two years it’s been since he’s out, the L is yours for assuming the way a champ works that you’ve never played.
    Can i have a screenshot of where i said i never played that champs please?
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 948 ★★★★

I fight against Kraven all the time in map 6 of AQ and when I do foolishly get trapped and rooted, I am never special locked

Again, you’ve never played the champion. Look at this video of me playing Kraven:
    https://youtu.be/-SORZu8SHZA
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

It's been on the trello board for awhile that zemos root wasn't supposed to stop the enemy from using their sp3 and the devs also informed me that it was supposed to be on the patch notes that they fixed it.

I guess the Cassie taunt on the patch notes (wasn't actually changed) might have taken the spot of Zemos root being fixed

What about Kraven then? He was released 2 years ago, this affects him more. They should issue tickets for him then, he ahs been butchered by this change.

It literally says in his kit that throwing specials removes root so why would they be special locked? Also, it says opponents and not specifically attacker or defender. It works both ways with all 3 root champions.
    They are still special 1 and 2 locked, your argument is useless.
    What? lol where does it say that sp1 and sp2 are supposed to be locked? Where?
    It doesn't say that, but they are locked. That's the most frustrating part about this issue, there's no way of just laying it all out and saying what the right way to go about it is because Root isn't fully defined. In game or on the forums.
    Yes, because it was bugged. You can't have an ability say "activating a special removes root and prevents it from apply" but at the same time be special locked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

It's been on the trello board for awhile that zemos root wasn't supposed to stop the enemy from using their sp3 and the devs also informed me that it was supposed to be on the patch notes that they fixed it.

I guess the Cassie taunt on the patch notes (wasn't actually changed) might have taken the spot of Zemos root being fixed

What about Kraven then? He was released 2 years ago, this affects him more. They should issue tickets for him then, he ahs been butchered by this change.

It literally says in his kit that throwing specials removes root so why would they be special locked? Also, it says opponents and not specifically attacker or defender. It works both ways with all 3 root champions.
    Judging by the fact that the sp1 and sp2 are in fact special locked, and that ability isn't listed anywhere, it's pretty safe to assume this ability would just be useful on Defense. There are a ton of defensive abilities in the game that aren't specifically stated to be made for defense.
    I am sure it would but it doesn't say any of that in his kit, at all. It literally says to throw a special to remove root. If you're special locked, why would that be the way to remove root? That whole theory contradicts itself based on what's listed in the kit.

Specials remove root. Doesn't say SP3 only. Doesn't say defender ability or attacker ability. Just says opponents.
    You're explaining exactly why this is an issue, and I agree

• Options
    5th said:

Pikolu said:

KNOWN ISSUE..So Kabam knew but let ppl play a bugged champ for 2 years, they didn't have enough time to fix this!?
    BUT HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO ADD MORE BUGGS IN THIS GAME!!
    Moleman was bugged, in the players favor, for like 2 years. But yes, they were so busy planning out all the other bugs they wanted to add, they just ignored this one. You caught them in 4k, good job.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

I fight against Kraven all the time in map 6 of AQ and when I do foolishly get trapped and rooted, I am never special locked

Again, you’ve never played the champion. Look at this video of me playing Kraven:
    https://youtu.be/-SORZu8SHZA
    You're kinda trash at the game ngl
    Hahahaha, really? That clip shows me being trash at the game? Talking to friggin Bizzaro here
    Me Bizarro! You play video game... not good! You make Bizarro look like genius! Bizarro see you play, and it hurt eyes and brain. You no understand concept of winning. You go left when you should go right. You jump when you should duck. It like you have opposite instincts! Bizarro feel sorry for you. Maybe you practice more, but Bizarro doubt it. You doomed to forever be bad at video game, just like Bizarro doomed to forever be misunderstood. Maybe you find new hobby, like watching paint dry. It suit you better.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Judging by the fact that the sp1 and sp2 are in fact special locked, and that ability isn't listed anywhere, it's pretty safe to assume this ability would just be useful on Defense. There are a ton of defensive abilities in the game that aren't specifically stated to be made for defense.
    I am sure it would but it doesn't say any of that in his kit, at all. It literally says to throw a special to remove root. If you're special locked, why would that be the way to remove root? That whole theory contradicts itself based on what's listed in the kit.

Specials remove root. Doesn't say SP3 only. Doesn't say defender ability or attacker ability. Just says opponents.
    You're explaining exactly why this is an issue, and I agree

Yes, the issue is it was bugged. Now it's not. Issue resolved, kit works as intended.
  • Options

Ir’s insane to me how people advocate for defenders being able to use specials 1 and 2 to break out of root. That would make any root champ the most useless champ in the game.

I'm sorry but what rule is in place that a defender A.I can't do that a human Attacker can do? Relics are the only thing defenders generally can't do that attackers can. If we can do it, theoretically so can A.I defenders. Do you get this mad when you're parried in game modes like arena, AW or BG's?
  • Options

This issue is very easy to fix: offer Kraven rank down tickets. Keep the stupid new root if you want, hell even keep Zemo this way, he’s horrible now but fine he’s a new champ, but Kraven has been out for two years, bugfixed now, Moleman story, offer rank down tickets for his nerf.

The solution is to not offer rank down tickets as this was never a described or advertised mechanic in the first place
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

This issue is very easy to fix: offer Kraven rank down tickets. Keep the stupid new root if you want, hell even keep Zemo this way, he’s horrible now but fine he’s a new champ, but Kraven has been out for two years, bugfixed now, Moleman story, offer rank down tickets for his nerf.

There is no new Root. It was a bug, and Kabam doesn't offer RDTs for a bug fix.
  • Options

Ir’s insane to me how people advocate for defenders being able to use specials 1 and 2 to break out of root. That would make any root champ the most useless champ in the game.

I'm sorry but what rule is in place that a defender A.I can't do that a human Attacker can do? Relics are the only thing defenders generally can't do that attackers can. If we can do it, theoretically so can A.I defenders. Do you get this mad when you're parried in game modes like arena, AW or BG's?
    They’re special locked during root, still are in this patch, just not for sp3 for some reason. You have no point.
    That's because there is no Champ that is inhibited from performing an L3.
  • Options

Moleman
    Moleman was a champion specific case. How are you going to use a rank down ticket on the root mechanic?
  • Options

Moleman
    After people asked over and over, and because of a lack of communication. This has been acknowledged for some time.
This discussion has been closed.