**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing Mythic Crystal Issue (1250 Crystals instead of Shards)

Comments

• Options
    They are rolling it back. Nobody gets the 1250 mythics to keep.
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,160 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Straight up Greedy, enough said...
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 898 ★★★★
    I have wondered if, every now and again, Kabam could send out a token 'thanks for being an honest member of the contest' gift. Just a token gesture really, but limit it to players who have never been banned. Maybe even just an extra token or whatever for that monthly SQ, something like that.

It might discourage potential cheats if they know that when they are caught, there's something they won't get, or won't ever get.
  • Options
    Josh51700Josh51700 Posts: 88

Yeah you definitely popped all 1250

I didnt lol. But as i said im really sure if you put 1250 mythic crystals in everybodys account, everyone would open them. I totally understand them
    Nah dont worry im taunting ya. Honestly though idc what happens to those that acquired new champs from the bug. Doesn’t effect me
    EXACTLY. It doesnt affect absolutely anybody. People are either jealous which i kinda am because of the free 7 star champs they received and the iso but lets be honest, the iso was needed and i hope all of us could receive that much or just take the iso out from the accounts.
    It affects many people who are going to lose to accounts that just got 102k ISO bricks and hundreds of 6* champions in BGs. It also completely destroys the economy of the game since those players no longer have anything real to work or pay for.
    This right here is facts. 1250 of those crystals is a lot of not only champs, but shards, iso and gold. As rich the man said in his YouTube video….THAT IS A LEGIT ROSTER CREATION for free. Something that took most of us years to accomplish, took work we put into the game, some of us money, and a lot of patience. Wether it affects my account or not doesn’t matter. It’s the fact of the economy of the game and it’s platform that has done all they can to get better just got essentially crapped on cause some dudes who can do a few easy fights just got a whole roster worth hundreds if not more in champs and resources….idc if it is kabams fault tbh. If they don’t fix it properly and take away every single bit of champs all the way down to gold and iso that those players got I’d be pretty disappointed even more so than the fact it happened in the first place.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

I do think it would be fun to see what would happen to the game if they did just give everyone 1,250 mythic crystals. I think they should do it, let us all have fun for a week, then roll back the whole game to before this update so they can fix the mess, fix the side quest in general, and give a proper explanation of the war persistent placement thing before it goes live again.

Yeah I think so too
    It would be fun if they give all of us mythic crystals but it's unlikely
    The best course of action would be reverting progress of all in-game accounts to as it was a day before the event and then giving everyone some appropriate compensation for the bug

But that is only possible if Kabam has the ability to do that without making the whole game a buggy chaos(which I doubt they have)...
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

I also think they should give me lots of free stuff all the time because

at the end of the day next year all its gonna be its the 7 star champs. Thats why i said that was the abosulety dumbest thing and probably why everyone is mad about. 6 star champs are not gonna be that important anymore
    They're fairly important when you get 250 of them for free.

I hope they keep Alliance War on hold till these "rewards" have been clawed back.
    Let’s all be honest.
    Those who opened all 1250 crystals deserve at least a 7 day ban.
    Imagine only the time you need to open all these crystals, that would be several minutes, that they had to reconsider their actions.
    Kabam needs to strip back the rewards from every single account that is involved, no matter the potential side effects on these accounts (losing progress or other crystals), by trying to bring back the accounts to their pre-opening state.
    Any potential loses should not worry Kabam at this point, and they should consider it as additional punishment for exploiting a bug to their 100% knowledge.
    If Kabam don’t go harsh on these TOS violators, then any improvements they’ve done past months on cheating would be overshadowed and negated by this.
    Not to refer the fact, that this would be a major hit at the game economy.
    Devaluing 6*s, but especially 7*s this way, will prevent people from throwing real $ at the game to acquire them.
    Who would pay for fragments of something others got for free?
    This is so messed up 😠
    Imo a 7 day ban isn’t enough unless everything is taken away. And I mean everything, iso, champs, gold acquired from iso sold, and any content they completed after should be reverted. If kabam bans them for 7 days after making things right and reverting it all then cool. But if they just resort to a ban and not reverting everything those players should be banned for months. At least 6 minimum because all that free stuff they got (kabams fault or not does not matter to me) would have taken months to acquire at a normal rate if not more for newer and lesser paying players.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I didnt lol. But as i said im really sure if you put 1250 mythic crystals in everybodys account, everyone would open them. I totally understand them
    Nah dont worry im taunting ya. Honestly though idc what happens to those that acquired new champs from the bug. Doesn’t effect me
    EXACTLY. It doesnt affect absolutely anybody. People are either jealous which i kinda am because of the free 7 star champs they received and the iso but lets be honest, the iso was needed and i hope all of us could receive that much or just take the iso out from the accounts.
    It affects many people who are going to lose to accounts that just got 102k ISO bricks and hundreds of 6* champions in BGs. It also completely destroys the economy of the game since those players no longer have anything real to work or pay for.
    thats why im saying take all the iso breaks and 7 stars shards or giving everyone a whole lotta of iso cause the economy currently someone cant even normally get iso. I can guarantee too that its not 102k. Most of my mates had like 20-30k but def not 102k
    Either give everyone 1250 mythic crystals or revert all accounts to the state they were in 24 hrs before the event and then give everyone some appropriate compensation

Cause from what I saw those people will get atleast 250 6*s from the mythic crystals + extra shards from the 5*s....
    And let’s not forget all the 7 star shards a lot of people got…..some got hundreds of dollars worth but you are completely right and I couldn’t have said it better myself. This is the only 2 best case scenarios, make it even wether everyone gets the same bonus or the exploiting accounts go back to normal
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★

Yea no! Not everyone would! I'm, not the type of person who keeps misdelivered packages! And seriously how naïve are you? If by accident your bank deposited 1 million dollars in your account, do you really think they would let you keep it?
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 539 ★★★

At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say.

You only need to do a few calculations on even pessimistic outcomes of drops to see this is a horrible assessment.

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    This post is almost as bad as the one posted yesterday by a dude complaining that Kabam "stole" 340 of his crystals and that he "only" got top open over 900 of them. He went on to be shocked and depressed that Kabam "might" take away the results of the 900 crystals he opened.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,443 ★★★★★

It was their mistake and people couldnt resist themselves. If kabam doesnt find a way to fix we defo need compensation
    If your bank accidentally put 1 million in your account, you gonna spend it as well?
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    1- Take potential money out of kabams pocket
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.

Only champs? U got any idea how much iso is 1250 5* champs only?... How many 6* shards and 7* shards?...
    I'm actually more concerned that you consider 1000 dollars life changing actually...
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,160 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    it was never intended for people to get that amount of crystals, and they shouldn't keep them because it's not supposed to be theirs in the first place. as the saying goes "the easier you get something, the easier it is for it to be taken away" some things are now easy to get but not 1250 of those crystals
    it ends up hurting how the game works and it would take away the fun from it.
    your opinion is that of someone who only thinks about it being ONLY a game instead of thinking what will happen to it in the future because of this incident
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    So i deserve a reward cause the bug was fixed before i could get those 1250 crystals.. in theory i didn't exploit it...
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    Say it with me: “Comp en say shun”, clap, clap, clap clap clap. Not a bug. “Bugs” take forever to fix, you guys know that.
  • Options
    Venomm33eeeVenomm33eee Posts: 13
    I did it 2 paths by mistake i haven't used the rewards yet im waiting for them to take it from my inventory
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,007 Guardian
    Your reward is you don't get to see the ban hammer on your account
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 788 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    DrZola said:

Not excusing players who should have known better, but…

…what member of the game team would ever look at 1250 of any kind of crystal as a reward and not pause for at least a moment to reconsider?

Dr. Zola

It really does make me wonder how they didn't catch that.

Obviously I have no idea how it works, but did it just get programmed that way accidentally, then just forgotten about until it went live?
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

So catching everybody up on this.

As soon as this issue was identified, we fixed it right away. It was intended to be Mythic Crystal Shards. We have disabled the ability for players to open any mythic crystals at this time.

We don't anticipate having to ban any players, but if you could claim these Crystals, PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THEM. We will be taking back the rewards that were gotten from these crystals, but if the more of those crystals that were opened, the more likely for problems to arise.

Miike,

It's been a while now, but all the communication about this bug is on the forums. Which as we all know, just represents the tip of the iceberg in people playing the game.

With an error of this magnitude, shouldn't there be some kind of in-game mail?

I'm assuming it will take more than a couple of hours for your team to clean this up and remove the undeserved 'rewards'.

So whilst I know there are Terms of Service that we should be familiar with, would it not be good communication to warn the beneficiaries of the Mythic crystals bug and the Side-Event Exploration bug not to Exploit their 'rewards' to complete Everest content or smash their way up the Battleground ranks?

As you say yourself, the less they abuse their rewards, the easier it is for your team to clean it up.
    Its harder to set players up when you let them know you’re screwing them over
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,066 ★★★★
    edited July 2023

DrZola said:

…what member of the game team would ever look at 1250 of any kind of crystal as a reward and not pause for at least a moment to reconsider?

Dr. Zola

It really does make me wonder how they didn't catch that.

Obviously I have no idea how it works, but did it just get programmed that way accidentally, then just forgotten about until it went live?
    Most probably a simple mistake like putting in mythic_crystal instead of mythic_crystal_shard.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Between this and the teleport node at the end of the SQ it’s almost like they’re trying to confirm they do no testing or proofreading without coming out and saying it. At what point do they put a pause on the whole process and make some changes?

I think most people would be happy with an extended, very simple side quest while the teams over there regroup, catch their breath after fixing all these messes, and find a way to build in some time to test things during the roll-out process.

We don’t need a complicated new quest format with new hoops every month at the expense of a functional game.
  • Options
    gordopechochogordopechocho Posts: 78

It was their mistake and people couldnt resist themselves. If kabam doesnt find a way to fix we defo need compensation
    If your bank accidentally put 1 million in your account, you gonna spend it as well?
    that is a terrible example of what happened in here. 1 million dollars doesnt even compara to this💀. The example i gave is far better
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

Yea no! Not everyone would! I'm, not the type of person who keeps misdelivered packages! And seriously how naïve are you? If by accident your bank deposited 1 million dollars in your account, do you really think they would let you keep it?
    idk if this is satire or not. It must be. How can 1 million dollars compare to a game. The bank hasnt dont any problems like that and will never do. What just happened right now is for example you find 2000$ dollars in the middle of nowhere, would you grab them? be honest cause there aint no way you leaving 2000$ behind for free
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,606 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.

Only champs? U got any idea how much iso is 1250 5* champs only?... How many 6* shards and 7* shards?...
    I'm actually more concerned that you consider 1000 dollars life changing actually...
    Fr. $1000 these days doesn't really get you much.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

i talked about the iso and of course i know 1000 dollas is not life changing. Im a student currently in college to be a lawyer, i work at walmart and others companies and i def make more than 2000 a week but what im saying is its FREE. Thats the key word. 1000 dollars in july 4th got you like 7 rank 5s, whole lotta of ranks 3/4.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

i said that 1000 dollars for some people could change their life and it def can. Most people on the streets homeless are hoping for even 20 dollars. Not for me though but thats what im talking about. If youre smart with money you can make a good amount of money out of 1000 dollars too
This discussion has been closed.