**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Adjustment to Relics Release Cadence

Comments

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,887 ★★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I don't really have any feelings about relics at all. I mostly ignore them and am often bummed when I get relic materials as rewards. Mostly I use them to extend combos.

Lol exactly my opinion
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★

Go_To said:

MCOC Team said:

We are aware of the feelings some Summoners have toward Relics.

How so? You knew very well years even before they got announced (gears discussions), and you definitely knew the moment you announced them. They were a forced addition, and you even especifically said you were not going to force them, just for that to end up being a lie as we can see nowadays. All of this while completely ignoring anything said towards the latest stupid relic/strikes nodes addition.
    They're not forced. There have been Nodes that enhance their use, but they've never been required. If you mean to say they added them anyway, no one ever said that not adding them was on the table.
    Forced is gaining an advantage in pvp content. Using relics in BGs gives you an advantage over someone who doesn’t have them. Forced, maybe not, but pretty much required.

Forced is also applying a node where you can practically no power without having one.

Don’t try to argue. Forced may not be the 100% true word, but you kind of HAVE to have them and use in certain scenarios.

Are revives forced? No, but without them your pretty much screwed in certain content.
    When the claim is that they're forced, that claim should be founded. No one is forcing anyone to use them.
    If people don't want them on principle, that's their prerogative. You can't expect them to not use them and provide advantages for using them based on that. Other people are using them.
    I don't see how relics could possibly be described as optional as long as this node is placed in content. I don't have a problem with relics at all, I honestly enjoy them. But this node isn't just allowing an advantage, it's a massive 90% reduction of a base game ability unless you use a relic. "Forced" is the only way to describe it.

We've gone over this when it was a thing, use Champs that do Damage without Specials.
    We all understand you work for kabam but how can you possibly stay with this “arguement?” Kabam is making nodes that make special reliant champs useless and that’s essentially forcing them on us. Most champs are way way worse without using specials and you know it.
    I don't work for Kabam. There are also a whole host of Champs that operate through raw ramp-up Damage without Specials or through DoT.
    Jinxesaxe said:

MCOC Team said:

How so? You knew very well years even before they got announced (gears discussions), and you definitely knew the moment you announced them. They were a forced addition, and you even especifically said you were not going to force them, just for that to end up being a lie as we can see nowadays. All of this while completely ignoring anything said towards the latest stupid relic/strikes nodes addition.
    They're not forced. There have been Nodes that enhance their use, but they've never been required. If you mean to say they added them anyway, no one ever said that not adding them was on the table.
    Whenever any conversation arises about relics, I think of the Mephisto boss in the 8.3 beta that really soured my experience with that particular piece of content, because of the reliance on the relic.

While I do not remember the node set, it definitely felt forced with that specific fight. If you would like for me to find what those nodes were, I would be willing to attempt to provide a video showcasing the reliance on the relics in that fight.

Jinx
    I would have to wait and see what's actually released. Beta isn't the final product.
    Yes there are some champs that do well without throwing specials. But that doesn’t mean they will be the right counter for the defender on the node. If scorpion is your best option for that fight you can’t use him because he needs to spam specials. It’s forcing people to use bad champ options and/or fight with champs in a suboptimal way, all because of a stupid relic node.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,588 ★★★★
    We never really needed relics from the start. The game was fine without it and still would be. The only hinder was the story progression or the ideas of creating new champions to keep the game going as relics, the majority of the players that dislike it, are a huge no no in this game.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Go_To said:

Go_To said:

MCOC Team said:

Forced is gaining an advantage in pvp content. Using relics in BGs gives you an advantage over someone who doesn’t have them. Forced, maybe not, but pretty much required.

Forced is also applying a node where you can practically no power without having one.

Don’t try to argue. Forced may not be the 100% true word, but you kind of HAVE to have them and use in certain scenarios.

Are revives forced? No, but without them your pretty much screwed in certain content.
    When the claim is that they're forced, that claim should be founded. No one is forcing anyone to use them.
    If people don't want them on principle, that's their prerogative. You can't expect them to not use them and provide advantages for using them based on that. Other people are using them.
    I don't see how relics could possibly be described as optional as long as this node is placed in content. I don't have a problem with relics at all, I honestly enjoy them. But this node isn't just allowing an advantage, it's a massive 90% reduction of a base game ability unless you use a relic. "Forced" is the only way to describe it.

We've gone over this when it was a thing, use Champs that do Damage without Specials.
    We all understand you work for kabam but how can you possibly stay with this “arguement?” Kabam is making nodes that make special reliant champs useless and that’s essentially forcing them on us. Most champs are way way worse without using specials and you know it.
    I don't work for Kabam. There are also a whole host of Champs that operate through raw ramp-up Damage without Specials or through DoT.
    Jinxesaxe said:

MCOC Team said:

Whenever any conversation arises about relics, I think of the Mephisto boss in the 8.3 beta that really soured my experience with that particular piece of content, because of the reliance on the relic.

While I do not remember the node set, it definitely felt forced with that specific fight. If you would like for me to find what those nodes were, I would be willing to attempt to provide a video showcasing the reliance on the relics in that fight.

Jinx
    I would have to wait and see what's actually released. Beta isn't the final product.
    Yes there are some champs that do well without throwing specials. But that doesn’t mean they will be the right counter for the defender on the node. If scorpion is your best option for that fight you can’t use him because he needs to spam specials. It’s forcing people to use bad champ options and/or fight with champs in a suboptimal way, all because of a stupid relic node.
    The game is comprised of Nodes in content that require options and counters. Literally nothing different.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    I like relics they are useful and have lots of potencial ... But i agree that the class restriccions with the nodes like spirituslism are pretty unfair if You get unlucky and that theres still a lot of bugs about them i hope the stop is for a good reason like changing relics or adding a new king of relic (i like thinking relics≠strikers if that males sense) i still hoping wey get relics that arent class dependant
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    I hope they listen to the player's feedback and remove those relic nodes from act8 beta, otherwise, it would look so stupid with this announcement and our feedback is just going to mean nothing.

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    I stopped the 8.3 beta when there was a lane forcing me to use a relic. It was too frustrating to figure out who to use then having to juggle relics.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    Sparty6 said:

You want to bring value to the relics, allow them to synergize w a champ. Have a tigra relic for kitty. Or allow their prefight abilities for the champ they are bonded too. Imagine a wags relic and enabling his prefight. Then players would see immediate value versus the added simple combo extension they add to the game in their current state.

This would be ideal. The relics act like a synergy champ would be amazing. I actually like relics but I only use them to extend my combo but if it acted like a synergy champ, this would be game changing in my opinion.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,632 ★★★
    Well, I liked the Relics, as it helps in fight. McoC uses the same way Marvel vs Capcom and other fighting games used back them. It's a great way to renew the game. And brings sinergy to the merged champ.
    Hope it's not the end and just less relics made into the game in month basis.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    So what about all the expiring embers and alloys in our overflow? Lose them or sell for gold and have to start over stockpiling again when y'all figure out what you're doing?
  • Options
    becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    I would have liked to try relics more but since the button is placed right where I do my tapping and swiping I've just ignored them, it's too easy to accidentally tap the top of the striker button. If relics are in the shop for some tune ups can you please give us some position options for the striker button.
  • Options
    WolvieLoganWolvieLogan Posts: 31
    MCOC Team said:

Simply, you won’t see any new Relics being released for a while as we’re figuring out how we want to move Relics forward.

Expect more news in the coming months.

- MCOC Team

Just to be sure, is this post applicable to SQ rewards as well? so that relic related rewards are not shoved down the throats.
  • Options

Go_To said:

Go_To said:

MCOC Team said:

Jinxesaxe said:

MCOC Team said:

Jinx
    The game is comprised of Nodes in content that require options and counters. Literally nothing different.
    The difference is, "optional" parts of the game don't force you to work around not using them
    That's inevitable. When you have a Node that offers a benefit for something, a disadvantage is the result of not using it.
    Which is inevitable. If they're in the game, they're going to be used. Completely optional is having literally no benefit whatsoever.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 764 ★★★★

bdawg923 said:

Please just remove them from the game, and compensate people who spent money or resources on them. The majority don't want relics. Spend your development time on features people want. The majority of your players DO NOT CARE ABOUT OR WANT RELICS. Get it through your heads, please. I'm so glad you're finally beginning to realize it.

Don't take only this forums as source to say the majority don't like. McoC have a huge fan base gamers outside here in many countries.

Or show the stats that tell this.

I like the relics.
    Do you think they're only going by forum comments or something? It's obvious they have many more sources of data other than what we here are saying.
  • Options

Go_To said:

Go_To said:

MCOC Team said:

Jinxesaxe said:

MCOC Team said:

Jinx
    The difference is, "optional" parts of the game don't force you to work around not using them
    That's inevitable. When you have a Node that offers a benefit for something, a disadvantage is the result of not using it.
    Which is inevitable. If they're in the game, they're going to be used. Completely optional is having literally no benefit whatsoever.
    Again, the Spiritualism and Decisive Strike nodes do not provide a benefit for using them. They provide a massive disadvantage that can only be avoided by using them. Very different things.
    Actually, the Node itself is reduced Power. Full stop. The benefit added was with a Striker.
  • Options
    bdawg923 said:

bdawg923 said:

Please just remove them from the game, and compensate people who spent money or resources on them. The majority don't want relics. Spend your development time on features people want. The majority of your players DO NOT CARE ABOUT OR WANT RELICS. Get it through your heads, please. I'm so glad you're finally beginning to realize it.

Don't take only this forums as source to say the majority don't like. McoC have a huge fan base gamers outside here in many countries.

Or show the stats that tell this.

I like the relics.
    Do you think they're only going by forum comments or something? It's obvious they have many more sources of data other than what we here are saying.
    Data which shows people have been using them. That's why they're still in the game.