Changes to Kingpin's regeneration rate

So, I've noticed that Kingpin's regen rate has changed, making it lower now

Before it was 50% of the standard 100% (like it is for most other champions), now it is 40% in his abilities.

I've also noticed in fights that his regen rate used to +90 per tick (on a 6 star rank 4); this was before Monday.

The past couple of days it's been +72 per tick.

Is there a reason for the change? I don't recall seeing it in any character ability changes

I've attached photos that show his old abilities as listed on AuntMai and the current abilities in game.

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    Just checked myself and yes, Kingpin is now 40% the same as DDHK. It's always struck me as odd that Kingpin's Regen is higher than DDHK given that his Rage Debuffs effectively have an infinite duration.

Would I mind this change, if DDHK's was correspondingly increased to 50% or 60%? Not massively and it wouldn't stop me playing Kingpin, at all really. It might mean I play DDHK a bit more. But a bit of clarity either way would be appreciated.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,277 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Just checked myself and yes, Kingpin is now 40% the same as DDHK. It's always struck me as odd that Kingpin's Regen is higher than DDHK given that his Rage Debuffs effectively have an infinite duration.

Would I mind this change, if DDHK's was correspondingly increased to 50% or 60%? Not massively and it wouldn't stop me playing Kingpin, at all really. It might mean I play DDHK a bit more. But a bit of clarity either way would be appreciated.

I remember them commenting about this at one point but for the life of me i cant remember where.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Did you check Trello?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Member Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

Here to clarify on this issue. From the game team:

"Kingpin and Daredevil were using the old regen-rate lock tech that we used for the Conduit tactic, which famously caused a lot of bugs. As such, I updated it to our new tech, but after a delay to get other tech in so it would match behavior exactly. Unfortunately, in that process, I put 0.4 in both KP and DDHK's code, instead of 0.5 in one and 0.4 in the other.
    Short version - I typed 0.4 instead of 0.5"

We are working to resolve this issue - it should be shifted soon.

I'll say it again: we do not make silent nerfs. We do, however, make mistakes - silly typo! Happy to clarify this!

Tell them To just keep DDHK the same , please and thank you it’s a huge buff for him, but no one will know and it will make him usable
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,385 ★★★★★

Dukenpuke said:

Pikolu said:

Dukenpuke said:

For those who scream silent nerf, y'all ever come back and apologize for causing a ruckus?

To be fair, it was a silent nerf. It was just an unintended silent nerf.
    That's called a bug, not a silent nerf.
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

Kingpin is worse than he was before the update. The change was not announced. He was silently nerfed.

The fact that he is worse now was unintentional, which makes it a bug.

Both things can be true.
    That makes no sense. A bug is an unintended change. A nerf is not. People like to use that word colloquially, but it's really semantics. A nerf is different from what the common use that nerfed is used for.
    When you're talking about a silent nerf, there's the implication that something is intentionally changed with the intentions of not telling people. That's not the case.
    To provide further clarity, a nerf is basically what happened to Namor.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

For those who scream silent nerf, y'all ever come back and apologize for causing a ruckus?

To be fair none of us were screaming that. We just noticed the change and were discussing it
    Jumping right in and claiming silent nerf without even asking if it's a bug or anything else is screaming silent nerf.

Bishop remains to be the only silent nerf to this day but everyone acts like it happens every day. We always learn that it's just a bug.