**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battleground matchmaking

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Matchmaking should be based on deck strength, the entire Battleground should be like GC , you get points and climb ranks, points should be given by deck strength too , so lower accounts wouldn't be getting more points than stronger accounts, the way BG is right now is just broken, you can't play at all , you get punished for going above plat2 if you're not a whale .

Yeah, the entire battlegrounds should be like GC. In GC, matches are done purely by rating. Nothing else counts. If the entire BG was run like GC, we wouldn't have nearly as many low strength players complaining about unbalanced matches in Platinum 2 or higher, because almost none of them would *get* to Platinum 2 or higher.

The reason why low roster players are "punished" for getting to Platinum 2 is because in a fair competition they would never get there in the first place. The game gives them an easy path to P2 to allow them to participate without getting killed by the competition. That easy path ends in P2, when they start to see what they would have been seeing all along had the game not been protecting them from the wider competition for ten VT tiers.
    That's why it should be based on deck strength, and be like CG because of the points , there's no easy path to to play 2 , winning a fair match is not easy every time ,weaker acc should be given less points based on deck strength, y'all saying that fighting another person with the same deck strength is just easy , but you probably lose to ppl with accounts of the the same tier as your's
    It was like that, then you had people manipulating it. Putting 1 and 2 stars in the deck to get easy matches
    People are doing that now in Gold 3. Came up against one tonight.
  • Options
    To what end, I don't know. It certainly wasn't advantageous for them.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Matchmaking should be based on deck strength, the entire Battleground should be like GC , you get points and climb ranks, points should be given by deck strength too , so lower accounts wouldn't be getting more points than stronger accounts, the way BG is right now is just broken, you can't play at all , you get punished for going above plat2 if you're not a whale .

Yeah, the entire battlegrounds should be like GC. In GC, matches are done purely by rating. Nothing else counts. If the entire BG was run like GC, we wouldn't have nearly as many low strength players complaining about unbalanced matches in Platinum 2 or higher, because almost none of them would *get* to Platinum 2 or higher.

The reason why low roster players are "punished" for getting to Platinum 2 is because in a fair competition they would never get there in the first place. The game gives them an easy path to P2 to allow them to participate without getting killed by the competition. That easy path ends in P2, when they start to see what they would have been seeing all along had the game not been protecting them from the wider competition for ten VT tiers.
    That's why it should be based on deck strength, and be like CG because of the points , there's no easy path to to play 2 , winning a fair match is not easy every time ,weaker acc should be given less points based on deck strength, y'all saying that fighting another person with the same deck strength is just easy , but you probably lose to ppl with accounts of the the same tier as your's
    It was like that, then you had people manipulating it. Putting 1 and 2 stars in the deck to get easy matches
    People are doing that now in Gold 3. Came up against one tonight.
    You know it doesn't work since season 2, the player must not know; but you should know that deck sandbagging stopped working since season 2
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Don't complain too much and deal with the ups and down.

My account is almost 17k prestige and i finished GC last season so i started in p1 this time around. From the get go i have faced off bigger accounts 19k+ and some lower accounts too 14k.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 103
    edited September 2023
    DNA3000 said:

KTPrimal said:

WTF do they keep letting these players into Plat so easily?

Because it's not a competitive mode.
    Correction, Platinum 2 is when it becomes a competition. Bronze, Silver and Gold are 80% participation, 20% competition. Platinum 2 is basically the reverse.
    Doesn't come close to a competition until GC. It should be the default ranked system. I do believe seeding is a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    OmCZOmCZ Posts: 1
    This SEEDED match making SUCKS!!!! the match making has now started to seem unfair as I am getting matched with players having full r5 6* rosters even though I still have only 1 6*r5 it's literally frustrating as how unfair this game has become now
  • Options
    edited September 2023

DNA3000 said:

The fact that higher Players are offended by lower Players struggling is just arrogance honestly.

Belittling them is not a productive way of communicating to them.
    I’ve seen you time and time again speak like this in these threads. It’s so hypocritical. Regardless of your opinion, speaking like this isn’t going to help any debate. You’re always one to call out (in a lot of cases) unfair personal attacks, live by those words yourself.
    That's not directed at him. It's directed to everyone in general who has to dog pile on any of these Threads just to jump in and tell people to get over it, and it should be harder for them. I'm sick of the incessant need to belittle people and squash their concerns. I'd say it if it was happening to the other side too. So it's not unique.
    It's ridiculously arrogant to rub it in when people are expressing their frustration. I don't care who is doing it. There is a discourse with words that can take place and exchange thoughts without calling people whiners, in more or less words.
    We're all whiners when we have a problem by that token.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 424 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

Maybe they should just make the game mode for Paragon players.
    That'll teach him to complain about fairness. 😆

But in all honesty, the only way to lower the amount matchmaking complaints like these is like you said, paragon only. Or have 2 separate battlegrounds with 2 separate rankings and 2 largely different set of rewards.

But I still see the lower bracket complaining about why the paragon bracket gets better rewards. So, IDK.
    Rewards have always been different. Only Paragons have access to Paragon store in BG which accounts for the bulk of the rewards. @Ironman3000 and @DNA3000 conveniently ignore this, because it doesn't fit their competition narrative. No real world competition has differential rewards based on the player's status outside the competition.

Just like the game economy requires rewards to be gated, player experience and participation requires some compromise on matchmaking. It is not that they don't understand this, they just don't like to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit with their view on the game mode.
  • Options
    GrO_otGrO_ot Posts: 35
    It's not terribly hard, I'm a 💩 paragon with 6 x R4, 7 x 7*s, the rest R3 except ascended 5*r5 CGR and Hulkling. Completed all milestones today, find myself in Gold1…have zero ambitions, finished in Plat1 last season, with about 180k points. As long as we lose medallions, even when people cheat, I don't want to put my soul into this.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Agent_7 said:

That's not directed at him. It's directed to everyone in general who has to dog pile on any of these Threads just to jump in and tell people to get over it, and it should be harder for them. I'm sick of the incessant need to belittle people and squash their concerns. I'd say it if it was happening to the other side too. So it's not unique.
    It's ridiculously arrogant to rub it in when people are expressing their frustration. I don't care who is doing it. There is a discourse with words that can take place and exchange thoughts without calling people whiners, in more or less words.

It IS happening to the other side. That’s the point. What a Cavalier player with a small roster matches up against starting in Platinum, others are matching up against starting Day 1 in Bronze III.

This is not a complaint about the difficulty…it’s expected to be difficult. But the lower level roster gets a pass while those of us with larger rosters slog around and try to battle through Bronze and Silver.

I normally don’t care. I personally think the game mode is absolutely broken and usually only play my three matches every 48 hours and move on, particularly with ouchies in play against most of the larger rosters we face.

But this situation, where we have a Solo Objective tied to this game mode where we were told we needed +5 and +10 FIGHT wins and now we need +5 and +10 MATCH wins, makes it a real problem.

It’s not piling on to say that the system itself just doesn’t work for everyone no matter what they do. The “fix” created a situation where I would be at an advantage to be at a lower progression or roster size. So it didn’t fix the problem, it simply shifted the problem to a different group of players (primarily Thronebreakers and Paragons by default - at least low level or without roster diversity).

This myth needs to be dispelled. They're not receiving an advantage. No one is. That's the point. They're starting off among their peers. What you're saying is actually a lack of a severe handicap starting out.
    I get what you're saying, but anyone who is a newer Paragon is going to have a hard time in that situation. I'm going through it now. I still stand by what I suggested. The beginning of the competition needs to have some form of level playing field. The opposite is just a dead in the water situation, and that isn't any better for anyone.
    People can argue until the cows come home that it's easier for lower Players, but that's not true. That's a one-sided perspective. It would be easier for Paragons to take them out, take the Matches out they're coming up against. That's it.
    It isn't even just the strength of the opposing Player. Each side still has to fight an additional 300% Health and 100% Attack. The argument that 7* R2s, 6* R4 and R5s should come up against the lowest Players in the beginning is just ludicrous.

Regardless, my point is these discussions aren't us vs. them. Both sides have points, and it isn't necessary to jump in and tell people to stop complaining. People are going to complain when they're having a problem with something, and that applies to both sides.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★

My account is qt the bottom how am i getting matched to a kabam devolper who is paragon 4 mill rating compaird to my just a mill team this is not a fair match up madness a kabam devopler pleasse dont tell me ik the onky one who has had a match up like this im only cavailer

first time ?
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★

The argument that 7* R2s, 6* R4 and R5s should come up against the lowest Players in the beginning is just ludicrous.

Regardless, my point is these discussions aren't us vs. them. Both sides have points, and it isn't necessary to jump in and tell people to stop complaining. People are going to complain when they're having a problem with something, and that applies to both sides.

Ludicrous is a stretch. They are playing on the same playing field for the same rewards. By that rationale, we should handicap all content in the game, because it isn’t fair for them to have to compete on the same playing field for the SAME REWARDS. Progression and roster development either matter or they don’t. If their rewards were scaled to their progression, I might agree.

On the second point, you won’t find any disagreement from me and I do my best to engage in debate without such statements. Blanket “Git Gud” statements annoy me to no end. It makes the community toxic.

• Options

DNA3000 said:

The fact that higher Players are offended by lower Players struggling is just arrogance honestly.

Belittling them is not a productive way of communicating to them.
    I’ve seen you time and time again speak like this in these threads. It’s so hypocritical. Regardless of your opinion, speaking like this isn’t going to help any debate. You’re always one to call out (in a lot of cases) unfair personal attacks, live by those words yourself.
    Now I finally get it, you would take the same stance if the other side had the same problem. The difference is that the otherside on this matter doesn't get a handicap, and doesn't complain about it. The higher players, new and old paragons know our limitations, we really don't cry about "unfair matchmaking" even though we have mostly depleted sources to improve our rosters.
    You don't see them complaining about an unfair match cause we know its the difference between an end game player and a mega whale.
    I'm sorry but a UC/Cav or even a TB nowadays complaining about getting unfair matches in Plat 2 is in complete denial of what a competition is and where he stands in the game.
    What is next? Accusing alliances of discrimination cause they want an X number of prestige to join?
    I'm sorry, but after years being here, people complain no matter where they are at.
  • Options
    I also explained numerous times that I'm in favor of the drop-off at that stage. That's why I point out to them that the competition will become random within the Tier from that point on, and they should keep trying.
    There's a difference between being helpful and encouraging, and calling them a bunch of whiners.
  • Options

I also explained numerous times that I'm in favor of the drop-off at that stage. That's why I point out to them that the competition will become random within the Tier from that point on, and they should keep trying.
    There's a difference between being helpful and encouraging, and calling them a bunch of whiners.

I agree; but there is also a big difference between a legit concern and entitlement.
    A lower account complaining about facing bigger accounts in the upper tiers, and asking to continue the matchmaking shelter is not a legit concern. Its like its only black and white without all the grey en between. Players like Beroman, Lagacy "oh well they are the best Celestial 1 or 2, but I deserve fair matchmaking" what about all the High end game players in between? People who complain only see their inability to get rewards, not the "place" where they are in the game, and there is no polite way to put them in their place unfortunately.
  • Options

Stature said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

But in all honesty, the only way to lower the amount matchmaking complaints like these is like you said, paragon only. Or have 2 separate battlegrounds with 2 separate rankings and 2 largely different set of rewards.

But I still see the lower bracket complaining about why the paragon bracket gets better rewards. So, IDK.
    Rewards have always been different. Only Paragons have access to Paragon store in BG which accounts for the bulk of the rewards. @Ironman3000 and @DNA3000 conveniently ignore this, because it doesn't fit their competition narrative.

Just like the game economy requires rewards to be gated, player experience and participation requires some compromise on matchmaking. It is not that they don't understand this, they just don't like to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit with their belittling stance on other players.
    How is prestige based matchmaking till plat2 not a compromise?
    And lets say that a cav or a tb hits a brick wall at plat 2 then wouldnt it be better to then focus on story mode and other content in the game which would give the rankup materials required to improve the roster?
    It is a compromise. It should be seen as such and at least consider what these posters are experiencing instead of telling them their progress is undeserved or worse.

Nobody feels the need to tell Paragons the rewards are undeserved while they get exclusive stuff for playing the same type of matches in Plat and above as everyone else. Why is there a need to belittle lower progression players then?
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

Rewards have always been different. Only Paragons have access to Paragon store in BG which accounts for the bulk of the rewards. @Ironman3000 and @DNA3000 conveniently ignore this, because it doesn't fit their competition narrative.

Just like the game economy requires rewards to be gated, player experience and participation requires some compromise on matchmaking. It is not that they don't understand this, they just don't like to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit with their belittling stance on other players.
    How is prestige based matchmaking till plat2 not a compromise?
    And lets say that a cav or a tb hits a brick wall at plat 2 then wouldnt it be better to then focus on story mode and other content in the game which would give the rankup materials required to improve the roster?
    It is a compromise. It should be seen as such and at least consider what these posters are experiencing instead of telling them their progress is undeserved or worse.

Nobody feels the need to tell Paragons the rewards are undeserved while they get exclusive stuff for playing the same type of matches in Plat and above as everyone else. Why is there a need to belittle lower progression players then?
    Wrong, they play the same matches from Bronze to above, the rewards are not gated by the difficulty of the match are they? They are gated by progression.
    We could argue that if they want the same rewards newer players should have acts gated to the champs they take too. That they should finish acts 4 and 5 with 3-5 star champs.
    The store gates are there for a reason, what is next? A UC doing content with 6R4s?
    I meant they play the same matches as the lower progression players since matching is random at Plat and above. But they get better rewards for those same matches. The BG store is as much a compromise as matchmaking.

It's just that the forum is full of high progression players, so steps that favor this group are just accepted. Anything that evens the field is to be opposed. Why would you be scared of an UC with 6r4s? Soon UCs will have 7 stars, that is inevitable with or without BGs.
  • Options
    I will agree that the matchmaking shelter up to Plat 2 is a compromise. The store is not, its a progression gate same as any other store in the game.
    Yes, seeing UCs with 7* is inevitable in the long run; but if a UC player stays UC for the time of collecting 15k 7* shards, he has no right to complain about "unfair matchmaking" and feels like he deserves the belittling.
    Scared? Progression is a right of passage, I wouldnt be scared, it would just make them complain more. Comming soon "I am only UC with 1 7* and I am facing Paragons with 15 7*s how is this fair 😭"