It is clear now that mcoc designers hate mutant class

124»

Comments

• HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★
    One more nitpick I have is we have spiderman in all classes except mutant class. Why can't we have a mutant spiderman? You gonna make him the worst among all spidermen, which is ok as long as he comes to game.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
    I think the OP forgot Kitty Pryde exists
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,429 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Well Onslaught is coming in December and that may change things up for Mutants, hopefully. And I am kind of happy that he will be a good defender because we may need more of those because as of now, Nimrod shreds 90% of the mutant class. But I also want Onslaught to be a good attacker as well

I don't have hopes for onslaught after I knew he would be a defender. Kabam basically wants mutant class to be the worst. So they are just gonna use the same mutant abilities as 2 years ago and call it a day. They could have fixed the mistake with dani moonstar, but no they didn't. While all classes are evolving and giving such op champs, mutant is here not giving champs at all and if they give they are using same abilities as before and giving champs who are not relevant to the game at all. I don't think this will change with onslaught or anyother mutant champs, they should make mutants great again. Atleast give one champ who can be in top 5 champs released this year. To me dani won't even be in top 10.
    I know but I’m just hoping that he’s good. Dani Moonstar is still very good. They just really need to fix her Nick fury counter mechanic with the Marked. Also I think the OP forgot about Kitty Pryde.
  • kevhugokevhugo Member Posts: 138 ★★
    I do hope onslaught has some new defender features. I feel like the mutant class gets countered too harshly by a lot of tech champs. The ones that didn't, such as bishop due to his interaction with energy damage , has had new people come out purely for him such as idoom. Take the cosmic class for example, some champs like Galan are immune to nullify and fate seal, a cheeky counter to his typical counters. It'd be nice to see some advancement and new mechanics for the mutants.
    Yeah that’s the problem with the mutant class. Many of the same abilities (prowess, shrug-off punishment, etc).
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Well Onslaught is coming in December and that may change things up for Mutants, hopefully. And I am kind of happy that he will be a good defender because we may need more of those because as of now, Nimrod shreds 90% of the mutant class. But I also want Onslaught to be a good attacker as well

I don't have hopes for onslaught after I knew he would be a defender. Kabam basically wants mutant class to be the worst. So they are just gonna use the same mutant abilities as 2 years ago and call it a day. They could have fixed the mistake with dani moonstar, but no they didn't. While all classes are evolving and giving such op champs, mutant is here not giving champs at all and if they give they are using same abilities as before and giving champs who are not relevant to the game at all. I don't think this will change with onslaught or anyother mutant champs, they should make mutants great again. Atleast give one champ who can be in top 5 champs released this year. To me dani won't even be in top 10.
    As much as I agree with you that we sorely need more Mutants in 2024, and more Mutants that aren't just obliterated by Nimrod, you are essentially just whining at this point.

Many people have already pointed out that the game ebbs and flows with classes. Kabam staff members have already commented that they love mutants, so your tone of 'Kabam wants mutants to be the worst' is just wrong. And Kabam have admitted that they have created a bit of an issue with Nimrod and I'm sure some incoming Mutants will address that.

Personally, any time I see a new Cosmic champ I'm like "again???" but it all balances out in the end. Look, X-Men are my favorite characters in all of comics. We will get more. And Onslaught being a good Defender (not sure where this info came from) is a GOOD thing. Domino and Bishop right now are the only two surefire mutant defenders currently.

Oh, and here's a tip. You can "quote" multiple people's comments into your same reply. When you create 15 replies in a row, you're really just arguing with yourself.

Much love muties!

I think it was either on Twitter or on the BG livestrean, they said Onslaught was going to be a good defender
    edited December 2023
    Well, the hierarchy of power of Mutants in MCOC is about to change
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Well, the hierarchy of power of Mutants in MCOC is about to change

In your mind what constitutes a necro post? Like at what point do you think “nah this thread’s too old”
    Usually when a post is over a year old
    EdisonLaw said:

I’d invite you to rethink that timeframe in the light of the feedback you’ve been getting. It's not too late to stop being the necropost guy
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Then your wrong. 2-3 months. Tops.
    edited December 2023
    Ok, but you think you can control ME?
  • TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Member Posts: 39

It's not the designers fault or alleged hatred, it's Nimrod. With the exception of 2(I think)champions, he demolishes the entire class. I imagine it would difficult to develop a mutant that stays true to the class & abilities, yet not be more food for him

Not only Nimrod but Apoc and ProfX. They make mutants so much better that it's difficult to make new mutants that are powerful on their own but not OP with them on the team.
    edited December 2023
    @TeeBleezy well Onslaught will change everything, I bet, Like I said, the hierarchy of the contest is about to change
    EdisonLaw said:

Ok, but you think you can control ME? I’m not a guy who’s going to follow orders very easily

Who said anything about orders? 😂
    We’re just talking about the norms we all try to follow to keep the forum civil, constructive and relevant. One of those is to refrain from necroposting.
    The forum right now is clear, it’s not messed up
    EdisonLaw said:

The forum right now is clear, it’s not messed up

How many times have people asked you to stop necroposting? Ballpark.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,438 Guardian
    EdisonLaw said:

Ok, but you think you can control ME?

You're on a kabam-controlled and moderated forum. You can choose to comply to the rules or get yourself banned from it. Bumping old threads (or necroposting) goes against one of the rules of these forums.
    Ok, maybe I was exaggerating but I know the rules, but rules can be bent, right?
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 824 ★★★

It's not the designers fault or alleged hatred, it's Nimrod. With the exception of 2(I think)champions, he demolishes the entire class. I imagine it would difficult to develop a mutant that stays true to the class & abilities, yet not be more food for him

EZ, just make them shock immune and have a regen that doesn't suffer ability accuracy reduction.