**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance war new globals make it borderline unplayable

Comments

• Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,173 ★★★★★
    NeinoIII said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hiya Summoners,

I chatted with the game team, who were aware of this issue and worked to resolve it. After chatting with them we have the following conclusion.

Early in the offseason, there was a bug that was causing a difficult combination of nodes to be even more difficult as a result of root not being removed at the end of defenders attacks. A fix for that bug went out this morning.

Beyond that, the team is happy with the current state of nodes, which were expressly designed to slightly increase the difficultly level of war.

@Kabam Jax have you tried playing with this tactic? It's virtually impossible to work with and counter.
    Jax doesn't play at tier 1-5 😁
  • Options
    GrumrokGrumrok Posts: 64
    Hey guys, here you get an ressource increase to smoothen the item pressure in alliance war and we buffedUpp the season rewards to better match the standard game economy.

Ah and - sorry our mistake - here you have an borderline unplayable hard new global to sukk out every item and fun in this gamemode.

To top it, no delayed season as the last years and for a classy finish after lot complains and concerns, everything of this awesome global design is like we want it to be - just slightly harder than the last ones.

Dezember feels like april fools time this year.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Hen4yHen4y Posts: 25
    edited December 2023
    the only way to defend yourself from these is not to participate in alliance wars, so we make the game team "happy" even more lol

nice and degrading to see wars in T1 that end 150-149, because the players rightly refuse to be complicit in this "happy gaming team" :D
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    MiniMF said:

idk why u trash Jax, he's not the one taking decisions, he just giving us the infos if needed.

Absolutely true, he doesn't even play with this nodes so he has no direct knowledge on the matter. He's just being the voice of the dev team, which apparently are not seeing the problem with the nodes. Our frustration is with the dev team who can't acknowledge the mistake they've made. That being said, I don't think it makes sense to play the aw season with these nodes. Like I said before, the introduction of global tactics and later on the introduction of bans, it was all for the purpose of increasing aw attack variety, to make the game mode more fun and enjoyable. These past seasons we've often had to do without crazy good champs like herc, torch, ghost, kingpin... This is all because it'd be pointless to see 30 players with herc torch and ghost right? Well I enjoyed the challenge. As a war planner, finding new solutions to the challenges posed by the defensive placements with the help of the global attack tactic and the great variety of champs at our disposal... that was fun! I guess now they wanna delete all they've done so far and make us all play with magik and quake ahahahha. Like: "see all these champs that benefit from the attack global? Look at this newly buffed red skull! Go and play with him" yeahright so I die to a single special to the face or a couple specials to the block? So it becomes more like "ignore this useless attack tactic and use power control champs (if you can, where you can...)"
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    Manup456 said:

That’s a pretty crazy answer we got, I thought the player base is supposed to be happy with it because we are the ones playing it or was it designed for the developers to enjoy 🤔

Exactly, many players played this game for 5-8 years already, how many Kabam developers/testers worked so long time on MCOC?

These players are the BEST & FREE testers of MCOC, these people care about the game and know economy and progress of the game, they want the game live for a few more years. Kabam really should respect their opinions, if they say something is wrong, then very likely something is indeed wrong.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 858 ★★★★
    Maybe I’m naive here but I doubt these changes have been made to increase spending.
    Masters and maybe p1 aside, I’d be surprised if players were spending units in AW.

Which makes it more surprising the game team think this is a good move.

I guess we’ll all see how the season plays out but as it stands, I suspect they’ll be a drop off in the game mode being taken seriously.
    What I mean by that is alliances will load the map with global defenders, not worry too much about diversity, only use 1 loyalty revives and see where they end up.
  • Options
    FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 51
    BigBlueOx said:

This whole thing makes me aggravated with the terrible potion economy response all over again. If the right potency potions were available at a fair loyalty price then this might not be so frustrating. 9.5K potions with a limit of 15 ain’t doing enough with R3 healthpools.

That is assuming you come out of a fight alive in the first place. Good luck with anything below a rainbow-boosted R2.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hiya Summoners,

I chatted with the game team, who were aware of this issue and worked to resolve it. After chatting with them we have the following conclusion.

Early in the offseason, there was a bug that was causing a difficult combination of nodes to be even more difficult as a result of root not being removed at the end of defenders attacks. A fix for that bug went out this morning.

Beyond that, the team is happy with the current state of nodes, which were expressly designed to slightly increase the difficultly level of war.

Nothing against you personally Jax....

But the Kabam team behind AW needs to play against this tactic in Tier 1 wars to get a reality check. It feels like they have absolutely no idea how they tactic actually feels to face in-game. If by a 'slight difficulty increase', they mean 'unavoidable chip damage on steroids', then they and the community are clearly not speaking the same language.
    Exactly, I can actually give them an example if they are willing to try

just take tier1 path5 : spot, onslaught, kitty, quicksilver

Please ask the game team to pick 3 champions and try path5 with these defenders, and also keep in mind that each death will cost 320 units or 10 dolors.

This is not the worst path with this tactic IMO, but it is something the game team should try so they can have better feeling about how to tune the tactics.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

This whole thing makes me aggravated with the terrible potion economy response all over again. If the right potency potions were available at a fair loyalty price then this might not be so frustrating. 9.5K potions with a limit of 15 ain’t doing enough with R3 healthpools.

“Economy” in this game only works one way. And it’s not in your favor.

Dr. Zola
    Fair point, the house always wins…
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You know what might’ve made this palatable? If “daunted” only increased special damage on hits and not on block.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hiya Summoners,

Nothing against you personally Jax....

But the Kabam team behind AW needs to play against this tactic in Tier 1 wars to get a reality check. It feels like they have absolutely no idea how they tactic actually feels to face in-game. If by a 'slight difficulty increase', they mean 'unavoidable chip damage on steroids', then they and the community are clearly not speaking the same language.
    Exactly, I can actually give them an example if they are willing to try

just take tier1 path5 : spot, onslaught, kitty, quicksilver

Please ask the game team to pick 3 champions and try path5 with these defenders, and also keep in mind that each death will cost 320 units or 10 dolors.

This is not the worst path with this tactic IMO, but it is something the game team should try so they can have better feeling about how to tune the tactics.
    This was funny because “dolor” in Spanish means pain. And the idea of measuring Kabam’s actions in terms of the pain caused triggered a grim chuckle from me.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

You know what might’ve made this palatable? If “daunted” only increased special damage on hits and not on block.

Does the steadfast passive only allow you to block unblockable attacks? Because if it had a substantial boost to block proficiency…
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Well then, the game team clearly has no idea how to run the game mode (and more). It's been broke AF for a long time and getting worse each year. I haven't played AW in literally years and I don't regret it a bit.

The rewards have NEVER been worth the difficulty for me personally. And that was before all this global node and tactics BS lol.......