Options

The damage discrepancy between Onslaught and Dani Moonstar

124»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,281 ★★★★★

I offered a logical perspective. If you're going to respond in such a way, then you're not being constructive here at all.

Where do you rate Dani moonstar among 2023 released champs? According to me she is in the bottom 2 and kabam had chance to correct it, make her better and they ruined it. I am more pissed with rebalancing than with Dani moonstar.
    First of all, I don't rate Champs. I think that's not a holistic way to look at them.
    Secondly, if I did, does it look like I agree with her being in the bottom 2?
    I have her R5, and I used a Gem on her. Either people are not using her correctly, or they're too critical with their assessments.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,508 ★★★★★

I offered a logical perspective. If you're going to respond in such a way, then you're not being constructive here at all.

Where do you rate Dani moonstar among 2023 released champs? According to me she is in the bottom 2 and kabam had chance to correct it, make her better and they ruined it. I am more pissed with rebalancing than with Dani moonstar.
    First of all, I don't rate Champs. I think that's not a holistic way to look at them.
    I have her R5, and I used a Gem on her. Either people are not using her correctly, or they're too critical with their assessments.
    Or maybe she's just not good enough to be a top pick then the other top 10 mutants exist? Lol
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 999 ★★★★
    Manup456 said:

I get it now, this is not as much of Dani is under performing thread, it’s more of a he wants Onslaught nerfed thread 🤔

No.
  • Options

My man skriller I need you to channel this energy into getting archangel fixed. His AAR immunity has been broken for a century at least

No it isn’t. Read the goddamn ability description and you’ll see that it says it only works on champion abilities, not nodes.
  • Options

Here’s a R5 Dani vs R5 onslaught. I managed to get a faster time with Dani, does that mean onslaught needs tuning up?

Damage comparisons in RoL are probably the last place you should look for evidence of a need for rebalancing

Other than damage Dani has a lot of problems. Her energy vulnerability is short, her slow is short and she is supposed to counter herc and nf and they can counter miss, which goes against her kit.

That being said, I think we should move on from Dani as her rebalancing is also done and she is still bad after that.

Kabam designers wanted her to suck, stressful gameplay and making her difficult to work against her best matchups, they nailed everything needed for a bad champ.

They wanted their native mutant champ to suck and it matched with their expectations, that is why her rebalancing is how it is. Nothing will change after her rebalancing none is gonna use her. I don't even see her vids in YouTube. None want to make content with her as well. What an inclusive way to make native champs suck.
    That’s what I mean, I’m just not moving on so fast yet.
  • Options

Or you should rank up more champions.
  • Options

A lot went on here. It was especially wild to see someone talking like they knew zemo better than karatemike, the guy who I'm pretty sure knows and plays zemo better than anyone.

For my part I couldn't care less if Dani doesn't have the damage of onslaught. Her animations are awesome and playing her feels so smooth, and that's all I really care about because this is a game that I play to enjoy myself. If you don't like a champ, don't play them. But don't expect every champ to have the same playing experience or damage output.

Lol yeah, I do play Zemo just as much I’m sure. Regardless of your weird preconceptions.
  • Options

Here’s a R5 Dani vs R5 onslaught. I managed to get a faster time with Dani, does that mean onslaught needs tuning up?

Damage comparisons in RoL are probably the last place you should look for evidence of a need for rebalancing

No, it means Dani needs tuning up, especially since to get that time your Dani crit on her sp2. Her crit chance is 18% so that’s 1 out of 5 matchups where it crits.
    Nah, just take the L and move on.

You got served on page 1 and you're still crying lol.
    Wow, aren’t you the one telling me to be respectful? Wonderful showcase, unfortunately there’s no real argument in your statement regarding Dani, maybe next time try to be more kind and stay on topic please.
  • Options

My man skriller I need you to channel this energy into getting archangel fixed. His AAR immunity has been broken for a century at least

No it isn’t. Read the goddamn ability description and you’ll see that it says it only works on champion abilities, not nodes.
    Bwahahaha... Imagine being rude but being absolutely wrong😂😂

Read before you speak.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    edited January 10

My man, fighting for AAs immunity since the birth of time... I'm with you forever on this journey.

When it comes to Dani, I cannot stop hating on her, she was my first Titan pull and she is providing 100k arena points and nothing else.
    I don't even have a big account, but she doesn't even fit anywhere I need to bring her before other viable less damage but better champs.

Danielle MIDstar, nobody don't need to change my mind, Im biased and I hate her existence in the game.
  • Options

Bwahahaha... Imagine being rude but being absolutely wrong😂😂

Read before you speak.
    I forgot Joe Fixit had his description updated to “Quest Node”

Ok, I’m in the wrong.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★

I have Dani at r3 and love her. But yes, she is sorely lacking in almost every area for one of the newer champs. Neuroshock and Marked are her only positive gimmicks and even those don't save her from being Dani Midstar

This is where I’m at with her, she’s got insane animations and a fun play style… but almost 0 utility… and I say that because the things she does well other mutants do it better. I wanted to melt skill champs… Toad exists. I want damage from the mutant class… Colossys says Hi…. I want passive damage that melts all non robots…. There’s OR.

The one stand out ability she has is “marked” which would be great if Herc didn’t bypass miss. She needed something more than what she got in the rebalancing as a result. A way around miss counters. As such she probably stays at R1 for me, and I was definitely disappointed that she’s my only new champ out of a Titan crystal.

I’ll still play her time to time as she is just so fluid in animations it’s a pleasure, but in this game of rock, paper, scissors she seems more like a table.
  • Options

A lot went on here. It was especially wild to see someone talking like they knew zemo better than karatemike, the guy who I'm pretty sure knows and plays zemo better than anyone.

For my part I couldn't care less if Dani doesn't have the damage of onslaught. Her animations are awesome and playing her feels so smooth, and that's all I really care about because this is a game that I play to enjoy myself. If you don't like a champ, don't play them. But don't expect every champ to have the same playing experience or damage output.

Lol yeah, I do play Zemo just as much I’m sure. Regardless of your weird preconceptions.
    Oh, your right, I'm sorry. I forgot you're the one who does the deep dive videos, and has access to the content creator beta to play champs before they drop, and has uploaded hours and hours of quality zemo game play since his release - even when everyone was up in arms about his "nerf". Oh and I'm sure you've also soloed a bunch of necro fights with him as well.
    I soloed Mr Fantastic, Airwalker and 3 phases of the Grandmaster with him when I did my first necro run. Then I used Kate for my other run because she’s just better. As for the other stuff, you’re delusional if you think that posting on youtube or playing with a champion before their release counts as experience with him…
  • Options

Oh, your right, I'm sorry. I forgot you're the one who does the deep dive videos, and has access to the content creator beta to play champs before they drop, and has uploaded hours and hours of quality zemo game play since his release - even when everyone was up in arms about his "nerf". Oh and I'm sure you've also soloed a bunch of necro fights with him as well.
    I soloed Mr Fantastic, Airwalker and 3 phases of the Grandmaster with him when I did my first necro run. Then I used Kate for my other run because she’s just better. As for the other stuff, you’re delusional if you think that posting on youtube or playing with a champion before their release counts as experience with him…
    Oh I forgot, Wiccan and Cap IW aswell, easy solo with him.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    edited January 10
    Hopefully there’s some reconsideration during Gladiator’s rebalance. Something like, “Skill champs cannot bypass Dani’s falter, and -100% true sense ability accuracy”

That or Gladiator gets a similar rebalance 😈
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Hopefully there’s some reconsideration during Gladiator’s rebalance. Something like, “Skill champs cannot bypass Dani’s falter, and -100% true sense ability accuracy”

That or Gladiator gets a similar rebalance 😈

I’m very worried about Gladiator since they added an insane synergy with Black cat for some reason…