Options

Let's keep it real guys

124Β»

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,830 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited January 12
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

Also damn i didnt mean for this thread to get this heated. I just thought it would be a bunch of people yelling at me and like one or two going "oh yeah you know you're kinda right" But it looks like it has turned into a free for all in here lol

Seems like now that revive farming is gone, people have plenty of time to visit and post at forums πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,081 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

ahmynuts said:

Okay guys if we are being real here, i farmed hundreds of revives for FREE and was able to complete their new Everest content which is supposed to be the pinnacle of the game, in a couple weeks. The only reason i spent any units at all on necropolis was to rush exploration for a calendar reset.

Kabam doesn't want their new pinnacle content to be explored extremely quickly by us just throwing revives at that. It's meant to be worked and built to over a long period of time. They are essentially saying yes by all means go ahead and explore it day 1, week 1, month 1 but if you want to do that you're going to have to pay. Right now we can do that for free. We can just mindlessly throw the content they've worked so hard for in the garbage because we can just freely spam revives on it instead of actually playing it as intended, and that's what I think they mean by this jeopardizing future endgame content. They don't want to do it if we can all just do that at any point for free. They're keeping the option to disgreagrd what they worked so hard to create only if you are willing to pay which i think is pretty fair.

The only reason we all feel like we have to revive farm for necropolis specifically (not the other bs challenges) is because our monke brain sees the rewards and wants them NOW

It still sucks though because I love my precious units lol

The only reason it sucks is because even our monkey brain realizes anything beneficial can be fixed or nerfed extremely fast but when it comes to age old bugs, ai behaviour silence is the best answer.
    Somewhere around 2-3 years is fast?
  • Options

The aspect where I agree with the revive farming nerf is that we will all be on a level playing field now. The option for those that dont work or have lots of free time to farm 100+ revives is gone. At least now I dont feel bad for missing out and everyone can farm 1 a day and thats it. If your not super skilled, everyone has to pay their way.

No you won't. Spenders are gonna spend. You'll never be on the same playing field. F2P probably will be on same field off in the corner somewhere.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 541 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Revive farming isn't and never was "a system". It wasn't anything Kabam did intentionally. This is the 3rd time they've tried to stop it.

If we're being real here...😏.... we should know another quest will allow farming to continue. I thought everyone knew by now that only thing Kabam can do right is rig crystal drop rates and has taught the game to know what you have and not give you what you want. Every summoner uniquely.

Let's be really real. None of us really have lives because we're sitting here on the forums page of a mobile game of comic book characters that aren't even real arguing with each other about digital content that isn't even real.

That's really being real if we're being real about being real.

How could you know it is not a system? How could you know Kabam did not do it intentionally? How could it be the third time they tried to stop it when they create the game and create the code it doesn’t magically appear there? Once again, how could you know?
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Revive farming isn't and never was "a system". It wasn't anything Kabam did intentionally. This is the 3rd time they've tried to stop it.

If we're being real here...😏.... we should know another quest will allow farming to continue. I thought everyone knew by now that only thing Kabam can do right is rig crystal drop rates and has taught the game to know what you have and not give you what you want. Every summoner uniquely.

Let's be really real. None of us really have lives because we're sitting here on the forums page of a mobile game of comic book characters that aren't even real arguing with each other about digital content that isn't even real.

That's really being real if we're being real about being real.

How could you know it is not a system? How could you know Kabam did not do it intentionally? How could it be the third time they tried to stop it when they create the game and create the code it doesn’t magically appear there? Once again, how could you know?

Because they told us? How have you spent all this time on the forums and you can't even quote comments correctly? You have all this experience on here and you've done it wrong twice in this thread.. it's almost like you didn't do it on purpose, like it was a bug or unintentional... Weird how that works. πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
  • Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275 β˜…
    I would suggest a permanent option for buying pot bundles like the one that expired yesterday with the 500 unit price, specially for those whom have only done 1 path in necro for the road to the crypt rewards and are now looking to finish the rest of the paths and lack the resources ( revives and hp pots ) so I think you should consider making that offer a permanent deal which i believe you wouldn't mind since its bought with units, i would love to hear your take on this

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 573 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    "we used to farm units from arena to finish labyrinth, so we can do it again."

keep in mind july 4th deals cost 15k units, not 55k like today.
  • Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275 β˜…

Bron1 said:

I would suggest a permanent option for buying pot bundles like the one that expired yesterday with the 500 unit price, specially for those whom have only done 1 path in necro for the road to the crypt rewards and are now looking to finish the rest of the paths and lack the resources ( revives and hp pots ) so I think you should consider making that offer a permanent deal which i believe you wouldn't mind since its bought with units, i would love to hear your take on this

@Kabam Miike

I think I mentioned it previously, but just as a PSA to all Necro planners who don't have an ascended Unitman to help them through content:

There are deals available after the completion of several of the lower Event Quests (that you also should be autofighting for units if you don't have farming to throw refills at) that have really solid value. Just the team revives alone reach the unit value, so the extra single revives, 30% boosts, etc is all added profit on your part. Just wait to complete the final quest in each of the difficulties until the last minute, then explore each and you'll have some of the best value on deals that you can get outside the mega story bundles or specific holiday packs.

Thats actually a good idea lol, I didn’t even know the lower tiers give those offers, ty for your response
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I didn't read every post in the thread. Ain't got time for all that, so if I repeat something already said, my apologies.

I'm fine with nerfing revs. I don't rely on them myself though so, I'm coming at it from that perspective.

If I can't complete a piece of content without throwing revs at it, I'm not ready for it. But I understand that it's a personal view point not necessarily shared by others.

What I will say, is I disagree with a widely held sentiment from those who think this is a money grab.

Kabam needs to make money is a prevailing thought I hear. Guys (and gals) they make a ton of money already. They were never gonna go broke from people not buying revs.

I don't believe that factored in much at all. I think the devs just didn't like anyone being able to mindlessly click through the apex content provided by revive farming. I truly do think in this case it's that simple.

It cheapened the content, nothing else. If you want something to mean something, it has to hold value. There should be pride associated with an accomplishment. What accomplishment is there if you just throw neverending revs at content and everyone beats it?

I think deep down we all recognize this if we're being honest with ourselves.

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,407 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    naikavon said:

I didn't read every post in the thread. Ain't got time for all that, so if I repeat something already said, my apologies.

I'm fine with nerfing revs. I don't rely on them myself though so, I'm coming at it from that perspective.

If I can't complete a piece of content without throwing revs at it, I'm not ready for it. But I understand that it's a personal view point not necessarily shared by others.

What I will say, is I disagree with a widely held sentiment from those who think this is a money grab.

Kabam needs to make money is a prevailing thought I hear. Guys (and gals) they make a ton of money already. They were never gonna go broke from people not buying revs.

I don't believe that factored in much at all. I think the devs just didn't like anyone being able to mindlessly click through the apex content provided by revive farming. I truly do think in this case it's that simple.

It cheapened the content, nothing else. If you want something to mean something, it has to hold value. There should be pride associated with an accomplishment. What accomplishment is there if you just throw neverending revs at content and everyone beats it?

Hard disagree, I think you're underestimating how much money whales (the ones that spend to make up for lack of skill) are willing to pay to 100% content like Necropolis. With revive farming gone they now have two choices, either they spend to 100% the same week it comes out (we're talking about a piece of content that took roughly about a year to design so 100% as soon as it comes out SHOULD be expensive), or they take their time and slowly 100% for the next year or so πŸ’€
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian

naikavon said:

Hard disagree, I think you're underestimating how much money whales (the ones that spend to make up for lack of skill) are willing to pay to 100% content like Necropolis. With revive farming gone they now have two choices, either they spend to 100% the same week it comes out (we're talking about a piece of content that took roughly about a year to design so 100% as soon as it comes out SHOULD be expensive), or they take their time and slowly 100% for the next year or so πŸ’€
    The question is not do they make money on the Necropolis, the question is was making money the sole or primary reason Kabam nerfed revives. And that is a super easy question to answer, for anyone who knows anything about game design or has ever worked on a similar game ever. The answer is, if this was not a microtransaction supported game, if this was a subscription supported game or followed some other model that straight up did not sell consumables, Kabam would still have nerfed revive farms just as hard. It isn't even remotely uncertain of a situation. 100% of game studios in the same situation would have done basically the same thing whether monetization was a factor or not.

The surprising thing is not that they nerfed them, it is that they allowed them to go on as long as they did. Most game designers would consider the length of time Kabam allowed them to persist as a failure, not the fact that they nerfed them into the ground.
  • Options
    EMSims11EMSims11 Posts: 14 β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

Okay guys if we are being real here, i farmed hundreds of revives for FREE and was able to complete their new Everest content which is supposed to be the pinnacle of the game, in a couple weeks. The only reason i spent any units at all on necropolis was to rush exploration for a calendar reset.

Kabam doesn't want their new pinnacle content to be explored extremely quickly by us just throwing revives at that. It's meant to be worked and built to over a long period of time. They are essentially saying yes by all means go ahead and explore it day 1, week 1, month 1 but if you want to do that you're going to have to pay. Right now we can do that for free. We can just mindlessly throw the content they've worked so hard for in the garbage because we can just freely spam revives on it instead of actually playing it as intended, and that's what I think they mean by this jeopardizing future endgame content. They don't want to do it if we can all just do that at any point for free. They're keeping the option to disgreagrd what they worked so hard to create only if you are willing to pay which i think is pretty fair.

The only reason we all feel like we have to revive farm for necropolis specifically (not the other bs challenges) is because our monke brain sees the rewards and wants them NOW

It still sucks though because I love my precious units lol

I agree with you. My only rebuttal is that they don’t make Everest content rewards relevant for a long period. Even now, only a couple of months after the release, Necropolis rewards aren’t that amazing. Imagine what they will look like by July 4th. Won’t be worth doing the content for a lot of players.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,818 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    nothing to add but i admire you standing your ground and backing up your points throughout the thread
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,087 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    When I saw people still commenting here, I feared they were not keeping it real. I am pleasantly surprised
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,087 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

naikavon said:

The question is not do they make money on the Necropolis, the question is was making money the sole or primary reason Kabam nerfed revives. And that is a super easy question to answer, for anyone who knows anything about game design or has ever worked on a similar game ever. The answer is, if this was not a microtransaction supported game, if this was a subscription supported game or followed some other model that straight up did not sell consumables, Kabam would still have nerfed revive farms just as hard. It isn't even remotely uncertain of a situation. 100% of game studios in the same situation would have done basically the same thing whether monetization was a factor or not.

The surprising thing is not that they nerfed them, it is that they allowed them to go on as long as they did. Most game designers would consider the length of time Kabam allowed them to persist as a failure, not the fact that they nerfed them into the ground.
    Yeah, this is part of what I was trying to say. Imagine spending all that time on making this content only for everyone to spend a week farming revives and then just face-smashing it all mindlessly without even playing it as intended or enjoying it. (most of us did that still in this case but i think the sentiment still stands) I do think kabam was incredibly nice for letting us keep the revive farm until the 10th. I don't remember if it was in this thread or another but I was saying that they could've just patched it out if they REALLY wanted to but i feel like they kept it in for this long just because of road to the crypt. No way to confirm that though
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    How about we start with damage caps and AI behaviors since we keeping it real.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

When I saw people still commenting here, I feared they were not keeping it real. I am pleasantly surprised

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,407 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

naikavon said:

Oh I know, I didn't say it was the only reason or the main one. However, saying it isn't one of the reasons in general would be just as untrue.