Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Issues with Valient only rewards

Comments

• Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Every game I've ever played has had "that's not really hard" discussions. I consider them a bunch of drivel myself. If a player set themselves the goal of completing or exploring Necropolis, and they did whatever they had to do to achieve that goal, I don't particularly care how they did it. The game is the game, the rules are the rules, and that's that. If a player is Valiant, they earned it, whether they farmed a billion revives or whaled out while zonked out on turkey. They did what was required to achieve Valiant, and they are now entitled to the rewards associated with Valiant.

Every progression game is fueled in part by pursuit goals. Those goals have to follow a progression of difficulty. Games judge difficulty by seeing how many players actually achieve those goals. If it is a lot, it is easy. If it is only a few, it is hard. Period. Valiant is the top progression tier in the game, and it is less than three months old. It should be difficult to get. Few players have it at the moment, so it is difficult to get. Period. Belittling how those who got it got it serves no useful purpose to a game that builds itself upon a foundation of valuing those who chase those goals by the very means they did so.

I'm only making counter arguments. I'm not belittling anyone for how they got the title, but if they try to belittle others for not achieving it and saying it's supposed to be earned, yet they revive farmed then it's contradictory.
    No, its not. Belittling someone for not having a particular title is wrong, but saying you have to earn it is not belittling. Those are two completely different things. I'm not defending the former, but the latter is just reality.

Sure, you can say it was easier back when you could more easily farm revives. But that's just the veterans' argument in reverse: it will never be harder than it was when we did it, so who cares what you do now. I became Uncollected when it was as hard as it will ever be. I did Act 6 before it was nerfed, without the champion options that exist now, without the rank up tiers that exist now. That's something to be proud of, but the players today that clear Act 6 earn the same clear I did. The people attempting Necropolis clears have no leg to stand on if they complain it is harder now. It will only get easier, and they have the benefit of way more information about how to do it than the people who did it right out of the gate. That's just how the game works, and how it always will work.

This game constantly changes and evolves. You play the game as it exists when you play it. You don't ask for the game as it was. Unless you want all your progress reviewed in the same light.
    I’m not against valiant progression rewards in side quests or any other form. I think it’s great and should have been implemented on release. Releasing a title with nothing more than daily crystal upgrades is shallow.

I think kabam could have informed the general player base better in game and gave a more informed consensus on when 8.4 would release so people had a full picture on whether to explore necropolis or wait.

Yes I understand that’s how the game is. I just think it’s funny when people who are 100% committed to the game come and talk down on others in forum who have actual lives outside of the game. I’m sure if the amount of paragon players in the game knew and had a better understanding, a lot more paragon players would be valiant now by fully exploring necropolis.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 777 ★★★★
    It’s just the timing that bothers me.

If revive farming was removed before Necropolis release or after 8.4 release this wouldn’t seem as disappointing.

It’s the fact that they are releasing more endgame content with Valiant rewards before the next story chapter without the same routes to Valiant that were available a month ago.

If revive farming was still an option or if nobody used it to get Valiant or if the fact that there would be more endgame content before 8.4 release was communicated I wouldn’t have anything to be bothered by.

I don’t think they’ve done anything wrong, I just think the timing and/or communication of all these things could have been better. Based on the disagrees maybe I’m asking too much.

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,794 ★★★★
    We haven't reached their yet where Paragons will be treated like 2nd tier citizens. Too early. Takes a year or so i think.

By the time they do that i would be Valiant. I became Paragon just about the time they ended TB+ stuff so i wait for such situations.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

If revive farming was removed before Necropolis release or after 8.4 release this wouldn’t seem as disappointing.

It’s the fact that they are releasing more endgame content with Valiant rewards before the next story chapter without the same routes to Valiant that were available a month ago.

If revive farming was still an option or if nobody used it to get Valiant or if the fact that there would be more endgame content before 8.4 release was communicated I wouldn’t have anything to be bothered by.

I don’t think they’ve done anything wrong, I just think the timing and/or communication of all these things could have been better. Based on the disagrees maybe I’m asking too much.

Why do you want the easy route to be open before Valiant rewards become a thing? Exploring act 8 is 5 billion times easier than exploring necropolis. Once 8.4 comes out, the amount of valiant players is going to more than quadruple due to how easy it is. I'd say it would be extremely unfair to those who explored necropolis to not get any benefit of their title until the easier route is established. I'd say the timing of this is extremely fair because those who have already put in the work will be rewarded, and those who looked for the easy way out won't be rewarded.

Also it isn't like it'll be the end of the world if you miss out on 1 of the 4 Valiant seasons of rewards. Not to mention, those who want to push for Valiant have about a month to do so. Valiants can afford to miss one point so you don't need to do the Valiant objective for the first fight. So you have until just before the fight changes on March 6th to be valiant and get the Valiant objective done.
    It’s not the end of the world, it’s minor disappointment that I think was avoidable.

If the conditions around getting Valiant hadn’t changed in the interim I wouldn’t have been disappointed at all. That’s the factor I think was mishandled.
  • Options
    Adrianz1Adrianz1 Posts: 58
    Off topic, what do i use against Attuma in Necropolis? I dont have Shuri, og Storm, i also need a counter for Namor and Apoc on that path! Should i Aegon on Attuma and Apoc? Worry only about Namor? This is why im not valiant!
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Pikolu said:

Why do you want the easy route to be open before Valiant rewards become a thing? Exploring act 8 is 5 billion times easier than exploring necropolis. Once 8.4 comes out, the amount of valiant players is going to more than quadruple due to how easy it is. I'd say it would be extremely unfair to those who explored necropolis to not get any benefit of their title until the easier route is established. I'd say the timing of this is extremely fair because those who have already put in the work will be rewarded, and those who looked for the easy way out won't be rewarded.

Also it isn't like it'll be the end of the world if you miss out on 1 of the 4 Valiant seasons of rewards. Not to mention, those who want to push for Valiant have about a month to do so. Valiants can afford to miss one point so you don't need to do the Valiant objective for the first fight. So you have until just before the fight changes on March 6th to be valiant and get the Valiant objective done.
    It’s not the end of the world, it’s minor disappointment that I think was avoidable.

If the conditions around getting Valiant hadn’t changed in the interim I wouldn’t have been disappointed at all. That’s the factor I think was mishandled.

Pikolu said:

Jax gave a heads up at least 1.5 months before the revive farm was nerfed. I originally was planning to wait for 8.4 to get valiant but looking at the calendar and daily crystal just decided to explore Necro. I understand some people either did not have the time or patience to do it and decided to wait for 8.4. That’s perfectly fine. I also understand sometimes kabam deserves some criticism but I feel they did give a decent warning before they nerfed the revive farm so people had ample time to make use of it if they desired to.
    They did give ample warning on it which was appreciated. I just don’t see why it had to happen almost a month ago and not right before this new end game content so everyone had the same opportunity right up to this event.

And if it had to happen a month ago, a warning in November/December that there would be more end game content before 8.4 is released would have been enough.

Honestly, that probably would have driven more people to push for exploration already.

I’m not losing any sleep over it, I just think it could have gone smoother.
  • Options
    If farming wasn’t available for Necropolis at all I also wouldn’t have any disappoint me right now. It’s this limbo period for non-valiants that seems like it was avoidable.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I am sympathetic to this, but ultimately it is meant to be an additional incentive for players to dive into Necropolis for exploration. 8.4 will likely release towards the end of the Winter of Woe, and there will be three more Seasons of this content after that. You’ll miss out only on the first set if you are waiting for 8.4 to become Valiant. And while that is rough, it makes sense that those who got Valiant early would have a benefit to their initiative.

Absolutely perfectly put.

And with that .. I'm resigned to the fact that at least for me, I'll be waiting for 8.4 to have a chance at Valiant. The rewards aren't that serious .. trust me when I say THERE WILL BE MORE. It may not get you talking points on the forums to get these Valiant rewards early but there are ALWAYS more rewards at some point ... and deals ... and stuff that'll make you forget about these rewards.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    edited February 3
    Adrianz1 said:

Off topic, what do i use against Attuma in Necropolis? I dont have Shuri, og Storm, i also need a counter for Namor and Apoc on that path! Should i Aegon on Attuma and Apoc? Worry only about Namor? This is why im not valiant!

@Adrianz1 if you have high rank abs man, he works both for apoc and attuma. If you plan on using aegon, know that you'll be needing atleast 10 revs for each minimum.

Also with any champ, make sure you are highly comfortable with dexing all hits of apoc's both specials attacks and punishing him.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,117 ★★★★★
    EBG78 said:

I’m not against valiant progression rewards in side quests or any other form. I think it’s great and should have been implemented on release. Releasing a title with nothing more than daily crystal upgrades is shallow.

I think kabam could have informed the general player base better in game and gave a more informed consensus on when 8.4 would release so people had a full picture on whether to explore necropolis or wait.

Yes I understand that’s how the game is. I just think it’s funny when people who are 100% committed to the game come and talk down on others in forum who have actual lives outside of the game. I’m sure if the amount of paragon players in the game knew and had a better understanding, a lot more paragon players would be valiant now by fully exploring necropolis.

It’s rather telling that you took stating fact as belittling. Fact: Kabam gave the paths to reach Valient in early to mid November. Fact: those paths were spend, explore Necro, finish 8.4. Fact: OP said he planned on reaching Valient through exploring of 8.4. Fact: Kabam has always given better rewards to the higher progressions. Fact: it was a choice to wait for 8.4. With all of the facts above, it was a choice to not put in the work/money to get the highest progression KNOWING that the rewards are better for Valient. Never did I say someone sucks or is bad at the game. Only that they chose to not do what it took to get there. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to do. If they don’t want to revive farm or spend the money to do one of the two paths to Valient, that is their choice. But don’t then complain about people that did what they wanted to do to get there.
    I read this entire paragraph in Double D's voice solely due to this meme's existence.

• Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 698 ★★★
    OlCoach67 said:

It’s supposed to be elite & high end.

Those looking up wont like it those reaping will say finally this is why I did this.

Elite high end = being lucky enough to pull 7 star shuri and 6 star kate. Also grinding a lot of arena.
  • Options
    Ruwqiersa said:

OlCoach67 said:

Those looking up wont like it those reaping will say finally this is why I did this.

Elite high end = being lucky enough to pull 7 star shuri and 6 star kate. Also grinding a lot of arena.
    Non salty translation: "a well built out and defined roster and alot of time and experience sunk into the game"
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Ruwqiersa said:

OlCoach67 said:

Non salty translation: "a well built out and defined roster and alot of time and experience sunk into the game"
    Bro you cant just build a roster in a spesific way you want. You cant just pull champs specially 7 stars. Even with 6 star kate i myself tried 3 abyss skill nexuses and didnt get her. Idk what you meant by experience sunk into game but necropolis isnt that hard content. Its just long and requires spesific champions to massivly reduce the cost of finishing it. Dont tell me doing parry and five hit combo with shuri again and again is something "elite". When it comes to skill battlegrounds is something that takes way more skill than necro
  • Options
    Btw im not saying valiant shouldnt get additional perks. Wheter its luck, time or skill that you put into to get it, its still a game that needs stuff like that to progress. I just dont like when people talk about exploring necropolis as some kind of insane skill dependant content
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Btw im not saying valiant shouldnt get additional perks. Wheter its luck, time or skill that you put into to get it, its still a game that needs stuff like that to progress. I just dont like when people talk about exploring necropolis as some kind of insane skill dependant content

This is a reasonable position. It *can* be an expression of skill. For example, I believe Swedeah posted a video soloing Necro Red Goblin with a 4* Rogue. That’s absolutely skill. YouTubers have posted videos of reviveless path completions, I don’t think anybody would say that doesn’t show an insane amount of skill.

But I do agree that powering through with Aegon and a checkbook/infinite revives is not a display of skill so much as it is stamina. There is skill required for some matchups, like the Elsa Bloodstone one (that was I think one of my favorite fights), but overall yeah, doing a run in like 60+ revives is not a thing to brag about.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 207 ★★
    I only became valiant yesterday so I'm not going to start complaining about what valiant gets over paragon but one this I was really hoping for was an improvement to Solo Event rewards. This changes at every other progression level but not valiant. All I really want was a replacement for the 5* sig stones. Even just 1 6* sig stones would be more useful than the 5* sig stones
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    edited February 4
    Ruwqiersa said:

mad cuz ur bad? 😿
  • Options
    Grub88 said:

I only became valiant yesterday so I'm not going to start complaining about what valiant gets over paragon but one this I was really hoping for was an improvement to Solo Event rewards. This changes at every other progression level but not valiant. All I really want was a replacement for the 5* sig stones. Even just 1 6* sig stones would be more useful than the 5* sig stones

They'll come... eventually. It took awhile last time