**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WoW Q - If you knew you WEREN’T going to get the abs man solo, who would you use?

Comments

• Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 939 ★★★★

I would

I used Hulk using a method recommended to me by some friends that requires reviving and healing, but prevents his regen and that’s all I could ask for after all my failed She Hulk attempts.

Enter the fight and build up to just under 2 bars of power, but keep turtled up while doing so to prevent him using a single special. This requires block damage (hence extra healing on revives), but also you can pretty safely parry or reparry since he won’t be refining any forms. Then, just keep spamming sp1 until the cows come home. The tricky bit here is making sure to time your stuns and specials around the Unstoppable timer, as that can mess the whole thing up if he recovers. In my best runs, I could do about 20% HP until I ran out of stuns. My Hulk is 6r3 unduped, but I did put on suicide masteries and boosts for it.

I didn’t count how many revives I used, but I’m estimating around 7 or 8, plus potions, (could have been less but I had a several runs where I messed up the Unstoppable timing. I recommend taking several restarts to get a feel for when you start spamming sp1s in relation the cool down). But as long as you don’t let him use a special, he won’t heal and you can bully him down.

For anyone frustrated by his regeneration and just wants him dead, this is a method I recommend. I tried She Hulk for a while, but she just really wasn’t working for me.

What was your way to time the stunlock with the unstoppable? Seems like whenever my first stun in gamma rage ends, it’s right when he goes unstoppable
    Agreed. I had to do the build to sp3 method. I couldn't get the stun lock going and timing it correctly.
    I’m 2 revives in and he’s a bit below 80%. I’m starting out by doing the SP3 rotation while he’s high health but once he gets lower and the regen gets worse I’ll go for the stun lock. But yeah it’s be nice to get more than 5% per stunlock rotation:(
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 192 ★★
    This is awesome @Cat_Murdock ! Thank you!
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 939 ★★★★
    @Cat_Murdock tysm! This has helped me get the timing down mentally so now I just need to get in there and do it. Hopefully this won’t be too expensive lol
  • Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 634 ★★★

From what I’ve been reading, clearly one of the biggest issues if you don’t solo him is the regen. However, most of the options for shutting down the regen seem to be getting to SP2 (She Hulk, Sandman) and by the time you get to an SP2 after a revive he’s already regen’d quite a bit.

Obviously that’s part of the reason this fight is so riduculous, but is there any champ that is best for managing this issue specifically? (Ie quickly dealing with the regen on a revive)

If I can figure out a way to manage that issue I’ll probably give it a shot. If not, seriously considering just taking a pass on this one.

quick silver, if you put 3 maystery points in Despair, you need 7 debuffs to shut down his regen , quick silver can do that fastest , But no Objective bonus tho
  • Options
    Scott_Bruffey2Scott_Bruffey2 Posts: 10
    I used hulk and soloed. Just use a sp3 and then sp1 stun rotate. If you have a striker it’s even easier. The sp3 makes your basic hits for over 10k or over 20 if they crit. If your hulk is r4 sig 100 or 7 star r1 mine is r3 and crits for 40k basic hits are 20k shi like that
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 111
    edited February 11
    I've done my run with r5 ascended hit monkey, 5 lv1 revives, no potions. Tried everyone else, low damage output before healing kicks in. With hitmonkey I did like 20%+ per revive and then die so he didn't heal up.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,731 ★★★★

I used Hulk using a method recommended to me by some friends that requires reviving and healing, but prevents his regen and that’s all I could ask for after all my failed She Hulk attempts.

Enter the fight and build up to just under 2 bars of power, but keep turtled up while doing so to prevent him using a single special. This requires block damage (hence extra healing on revives), but also you can pretty safely parry or reparry since he won’t be refining any forms. Then, just keep spamming sp1 until the cows come home. The tricky bit here is making sure to time your stuns and specials around the Unstoppable timer, as that can mess the whole thing up if he recovers. In my best runs, I could do about 20% HP until I ran out of stuns. My Hulk is 6r3 unduped, but I did put on suicide masteries and boosts for it.

I didn’t count how many revives I used, but I’m estimating around 7 or 8, plus potions, (could have been less but I had a several runs where I messed up the Unstoppable timing. I recommend taking several restarts to get a feel for when you start spamming sp1s in relation the cool down). But as long as you don’t let him use a special, he won’t heal and you can bully him down.

For anyone frustrated by his regeneration and just wants him dead, this is a method I recommend. I tried She Hulk for a while, but she just really wasn’t working for me.

What was your way to time the stunlock with the unstoppable? Seems like whenever my first stun in gamma rage ends, it’s right when he goes unstoppable
    I went back and took a vid, I hope this can help a little. If you’re in Gamma when you throw your special, you want the buff to be fairly close to starting or at least in the middle of the cooldown, so that the Unstoppable ends before your stun does. I also got lucky there with the Striker maneuver to keep things going a little while longer. If that Unstoppable timer is close coming back, throw your special earlier than you normally would want to, to get the stun in. If it didn’t take so much energy to keep trying I would test more but alas I have EQ to do 🥲. Good luck!

https://youtu.be/lcUdnjNaS3M?si=MRYLxnqOOQFO0gqM
    Thanks @Cat_Murdock this really helped me
  • Options
    WoowerinnWoowerinn Posts: 53
    I have just one point why eating so many energy this if i run out of enrrgy i have to buy every 4 triing a refill for 30 unit seriously?
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 381 ★★
    I just saw @Kabam Miike video on youtube, with an Doom solo 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥 I might boost my 200 sig R4 Doom and have a go myself…just to get 1 point in the bank.
  • Options
    I tried the doom solo. I wish you luck, but it's definitely a lot harder than he makes it look.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    edited February 12
    @Cat_Murdock thanks for the video.

I’m assuming that after that first run from the video- when you begin your revive cycle - you would go back to your ‘turtle strategy’ described in your original response vs. what you did in the video since that was giving him power and would result in him throwing specials and gaining regen, correct?
  • Options

I’m assuming that after that first run from the video- when you begin your revive cycle - you would go back to your ‘turtle strategy’ described in your original response vs. what you did in the video since that was giving him power and would result in him throwing specials and gaining regen, correct?

I pretty much do everything in that vid each time I revived, same strats. You can’t not give him power while also getting up to near 2 bars here. You don’t need to worry about him getting power, you just need to worry about him using it before the stun party. By turtle up, I mean to end combos early (no ending in a medium for example) and immediately blocking. Just blocking and reparrying as much as possible to reduce the chances of the Defender throwing a special, limit the amount of time you’re standing around exposed. I only had about one run when he threw a special early (and i immediately quit the fight lol)
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,435 ★★★★
    Can confirm that thanks to the tips and videos of hulk doing it, it may cost a few revives but it does indeed work.

Finally got the fight done yesterday with my 7r1 Hulk.

Now got a few more dYs to try with my 6r3 sandman, and 6r3 warlock.

Probably won't get either one done, realistically, cause the energy cost is stupid.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,709 ★★★★

I pretty much do everything in that vid each time I revived, same strats. You can’t not give him power while also getting up to near 2 bars here. You don’t need to worry about him getting power, you just need to worry about him using it before the stun party. By turtle up, I mean to end combos early (no ending in a medium for example) and immediately blocking. Just blocking and reparrying as much as possible to reduce the chances of the Defender throwing a special, limit the amount of time you’re standing around exposed. I only had about one run when he threw a special early (and i immediately quit the fight lol)
    @Cat_Murdock ah ok - got it. Glad I asked - would have not done it properly.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 381 ★★

If you got time, throw some boosts and spam sp1 with this guy…you don’t have to deal with regen…thats something 🫡
  • Options
    Whew! JFC I did it! Using @Cat_Murdock 's hulk method. Thank you, Cat!

My twist on it was this: I had a 6r4 Hulk, and I didn't even give him a chance to throw specials. I just got as close as I could to giving him 1 bar of power, waited until the unstoppable timer was between 25% and 50% left, and went for a full combo into SP1. With my 6r4, I was able to chain combos until I ran out of stun and died. It took me like 10 revives because I screwed up several times, but I was able to get 20% off him a couple times, just like Cat said.

One thing that confused me is that sometimes the 2s stun on heavy just didn't proc. It's possible I entered gamma rage early somehow, but I tried to watch and it failed sometimes while I was only at 10. I didn't record any video, so I'm sure it was user error somehow. But just something to watch out for.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,192 ★★★★★
    edited February 13
    jdschw said:

One thing that confused me is that sometimes the 2s stun on heavy just didn't proc. It's possible I entered gamma rage early somehow, but I tried to watch and it failed sometimes while I was only at 10. I didn't record any video, so I'm sure it was user error somehow. But just something to watch out for.

I'm glad you said this too. I would build to a sp3, wait until I had 13 fury/gamma, heavy, then launch sp3, but it wouldn't always stun him. I'm not a Hulk or Abs Man expert so I thought I just didn't understand their kits.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 505 ★★★
    I tried the Doom solo because i have a 6r5 ascended but it aint easy.

What rotation are people using for Sandman? I have a 7r1 but never used the guy for any competitive fights.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,192 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

I tried the Doom solo because i have a 6r5 ascended but it aint easy.

What rotation are people using for Sandman? I have a 7r1 but never used the guy for any competitive fights.

Build to sp2. Then, just make sure he has at least 14 decelerates up at all times. That keeps the unstoppable off. When it gets low, apply sp2 again. Also, if you can get in 8 heavy, they each make his heavy attack more powerful.

Don't be like me though. I misread his abilities because I had never used him before. I thought each decelerate was only a potency of 3% and not 7% so I always kept him above 50. It made for a long fight.

I'm sure someone can explain it better.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,383 ★★★★★
    Well, using Hulk eventually worked for me. About 11 revives did the job with a 6r3 Hulk - boosts but no Recoil.

Tagging in @GroundedWisdom here, since I don't see any comments from them, and they sound incredibly frustrated in the main WoW comments thread.

The methods of stun-locking, and wearing Absman down described in this thread do work; or alternately, if you just want a win, GW: Rank up that Quicksilver and drop a couple of points into Despair. QS can counter both the Regen and Unstoppable; and for some reason his Whiplash burst bypasses the DoT immunity. Plus he's got got an Evade that makes for safe Dash Intercepts even if he's got a bar of Power.

Good luck!
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,117 ★★★★

Well, using Hulk eventually worked for me. About 11 revives did the job with a 6r3 Hulk - boosts but no Recoil.

Tagging in @GroundedWisdom here, since I don't see any comments from them, and they sound incredibly frustrated in the main WoW comments thread.

The methods of stun-locking, and wearing Absman down described in this thread do work; or alternately, if you just want a win, GW: Rank up that Quicksilver and drop a couple of points into Despair. QS can counter both the Regen and Unstoppable; and for some reason his Whiplash burst bypasses the DoT immunity. Plus he's got got an Evade that makes for safe Dash Intercepts even if he's got a bar of Power.

Good luck!

@Magrailothos , great shout on tagging those struggling. @Bulmkt , you need to read this thread. It's not about soloing with hulk, it's just about getting your "smash" on and a few revives. This is not fun content and it is sapping, particularly for us older players, but it can be pushed through.

I did!!
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 298
    Thanks for the tips, i will try Hulk in the next days, my attempts with 7* R2 Overseer all failed, i couldn't maintain a run without screwing up, and he can't deal with the healing after reviving so i went for the one shot.

Additionally there were some issues with his Sp1 stun which didn't work like half the time when abs man was unstoppable, it's a bit weird.

The robot one with 7* R2 Guillotine 2099 was terrible too, but a few revives did the job, it is a similar strategy don't let him throw specials, you can block him without dying quickly and also drain his power. If he eventually throws a special anyway i just quit out.

The safest option for me for the objectives was 6* R4 Sandman, got him down to 7%, but it is a long fight and i screwed up, so after reviving he got up to like 30% again, but eventually i got him down.

I probably made the mistake of trying to often without a break, they are long fights and you need to stay focused.

Is there already a good list of counters without looking at the objectives, like for the later quest where you have to fight all bosses at once? From what i've read so far there are

Quicksilver
    Doom
    Titania
    Maybe Morbius with massive Sp2 damage while abs man isn't bleed immune?

Any other champs that come to mind?
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,117 ★★★★
    @prentex depends on the objectives. If I can take aegon on any, he's definitely an option. He'd ramp up nicely on abs man!!

Otherwise, I'm dreading they'll use some tags where my personal options are limited, or not ranked...
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    edited February 13
    I took my 6 star hulk to rank 3. Have recoil on, threw on every boost, and tried the @Cat_Murdock method.

Started my first run and got 17% off.

Messed up a couple then got him down to 67%.

Ok, then 4 straight entries.. no amount of turtling mattered - straight into SP1 regen while I was holding block. No 5 hit combos, nothing. Funny how you can’t get the AI to throw a special for 30 seconds while you dance around, but here’s abs man acting like he has 6 taunts on him.

That was my final attempt. The fight and AI is absolute garbage.