Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    edited February 21

Okay so Nebula doesn't actually look too bad, fight looks easily soloable with Hulkling or Vox.

Edit: objectives don't look too bad either, Valk for the #God and #Metal one, Shocker for the #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst one though I'll probably use Silver Surfer for that one.

I dont think Valk play style is really great for Nebula though.. you really wanna be hitting into her block while she charges shocks? 1 slip and its byebye lol
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★

Okay so Nebula doesn't actually look too bad, fight looks easily soloable with Hulkling or Vox.

Edit: objectives don't look too bad either, Valk for the #God and #Metal one, Shocker for the #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst one though I'll probably use Silver Surfer for that one.

I dont think Valk play style is really great for Nebula though.. you really wanna be hitting into her block while she charges shocks? 1 slip and its byebye lol
    Just don't hit on her block during shock phase lol I don't think it's a big deal.
    I just did the first objective with no boosts:

I'll try Valk right now.

Just don't hit on her block during shock phase lol I don't think it's a big deal.

I'll try Valk right now.
    Is it still 10 energy? Can't check myself atm lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

I'll try Valk right now.
    Yep.

I'll try Valk right now.
    Yep.
    🙄 Thanks
  • Pure35Pure35 Member Posts: 67
    Did anyone get the bonus point they said we would get after part 1 is over?
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal
    #Size: M and #Offensive: Burst
    Odin also has 90% shock reduction and his sp1 can bypass autoblock

Lot of shock immune options for
    High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
  • TheshadowpantherTheshadowpanther Member Posts: 37
    Nope did not receive the extra point yet either.
  • Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Member Posts: 36
    I just finished doing the robot objective and I only got one point for some reason. Why is this?
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal

High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
    This gonna be an easy week for me if that's the case... gonna go in with my R3 Odin and clean up.
  • Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Member Posts: 36
    Up until the update today. Both the abs man quest and objectives were showing that they would expire tomorrow.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,280 Guardian
    Pure35 said:

Did anyone get the bonus point they said we would get after part 1 is over?

I just finished doing the robot objective and I only got one point for some reason. Why is this?

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal

High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
    This gonna be an easy week for me if that's the case... gonna go in with my R3 Odin and clean up.
    Odin is Large not Medium, so you'll still need to do all 3 objectives.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,110 ★★★★★
    Guys hear me out, Gambit works insanely good for offensive burst + size : m mission.
    He gets a lot of prowess buffs, and flat jacket lets you block a lot.

Just play defensively and go for sp3, Sp3 gives no power to nebula and reverse her regen, and you get free 5 seconds stun.

Got it done in 4 revives, I got clipped by nebula while she's unblockable and I am rooted, that's how I died all 4 times, If you can manage that, Gambit can easily solo her.

Pair with a 5*/6* Gambit relic for increased damage. I used a 7* r1 Gambit with 6* unduped gambit relic.

Honestly I'm happy that this one is actually fun and lets us use underrated champs ❤️

She can 100% solo

You just have to unlearn Valk basically lol cause yeah hitting on block is not possible 50% of the time but once you get the right strategy and your momentum going it's 100% soloable, I used one revive cause of a stupid mistake and I got rooted while she was unblockable.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal

High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
    Odin is Large not Medium, so you'll still need to do all 3 objectives.
    Yeah I realized he doesn't actually cover 2 once I went to check it out.

He does cover god and metal, but not the medium offensive burst.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Member Posts: 278 ★★★
    Ok. Nebula is actually fun. Plenty of options and actually quite well designed.
    You basically want to find a way past the autoblock or be shock immune
  • MidnightKingMidnightKing Member Posts: 2
    Shep said:

Did Winter of Woe reset?

I don't know if this has been resolved, but I completed the fight with hulk and claimed my first tier rewards the first day. Now I checked back and it says I have 0 points? As far as I know I should have 3 including the robot challenge free point.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★

double objective
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Even with the much easier fight, 10 energy is just garbage.

I have completed all three objectives and spent 40 energy and 5 expiring revives (only restarted God/Metal objective).
    It would be nice if the energy cost was lower, to make some additional fun runs.
    10 energy per try prevents that, preventing me also from spending more time engaging with this content and ultimately with the game.
    At least for me, the 10 energy requirement doesn’t work in any positive way.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    I had to waste a whole full 70 energy before I got the rhythm of the Nebula fight down with Angela, but then once I did, I one shot-ed her, R3 6* sig 101.

Scorpion was much harder for me as I'm just not an amazing player and the patterns and rhythm of that fight were way harder for me to manage. Probably used 4 or 5 revives but I'm 100% okay with that.

Got my first three points. Hoping for more fights like this.
  • WayntosWayntos Member Posts: 601 ★★
    WoW suggestion everyone keeps asking about the extra point one. How about as a gesture of understanding just give everyone one point, This won’t break the economy of the game. That way they can just send it out to everyone instead of go through hours/ weeks of data. Why! because first off Kabam admits week one was a little off and if it were toned down the regen a bit a few more people would have gotten the point. Second, energy issue of WoW as Kabam Crashed posted in a thread “So we settled on adding a substantial energy cost to the quests. It had to be something meaningful enough that getting knocked out would have consequences, but not so costly that players couldn’t retry the quest many times should they so choose to use their energy in that way.” Which is understandable it must have some cost but with a cost, something else must suffer. Normally I go through UC, Cav & TB event quest and of course there is the side quest which cost energy and I then work on progression of the story but with all the energy cost they suffer as I try to “practice” getting to understand the dynamics of the WoW fight which has a time limit and the nerf/lack of revives. Then do the additional challenges for the other points. I am trying for valiant but can’t do story (8.3) because all my energy and time is investing in get these points which I like. I understand this is end game content but with the slightest mistake “dropped input” you die “working as intended” lol. The game is losing it’s enjoyment factors with the overwhelming amount of things to do if you’re in a alliance. AW, AQ, Raids, Event, Side Quest & progression. It’s like a full-time job. Kabam, I think your headed in the right direction, on the right track but on the wrong train sometimes. Whales will whale, Community will complain & I just want to have fun. It’s game after all.

Grind on!
  • Silentkiller59Silentkiller59 Member Posts: 22
    Am I the only
    One using wong for burst objective?
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★
    edited February 24

I'm disgusted. Every Energy Refill I had has been spent trying this Fight. The AI is absolutely ridiculous in this Fight. You get hit once and you're dead. You can't even use Revives with the majority of Champs because he heals. I've never gotten him past 80%. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game after 9 years. It's just not right. I'm disappointed that this was left as it is, and people are running themselves into the ground trying. I've always done my best to see all sides of issues, but I can't find a singe redeeming quality about this. It's wrong on all levels.

Forget about the extra objective point and do what works for you. I used Void. He has class advantage so the degen won't be as strong, inflicts passive debuffs, Petrify stops the regen, and he's incinerate immune. I used a few revives, but he got it done.

I'm disgusted. Every Energy Refill I had has been spent trying this Fight. The AI is absolutely ridiculous in this Fight. You get hit once and you're dead. You can't even use Revives with the majority of Champs because he heals. I've never gotten him past 80%. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game after 9 years. It's just not right. I'm disappointed that this was left as it is, and people are running themselves into the ground trying. I've always done my best to see all sides of issues, but I can't find a singe redeeming quality about this. It's wrong on all levels.

Forget about the extra objective point and do what works for you. I used Void. He has class advantage so the degen won't be as strong, inflicts passive debuffs, Petrify stops the regen, and he's incinerate immune. I used a few revives, but he got it done.

Uhhh the fight is gone lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

At this point I think you're just trying to humble brag. Lol.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    please don't bring up that awful fight again
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★

please don't bring up that awful fight again

Unfortunately it'll be back at some point
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I just cannot get this Silver Surfer going. He loses buffs too easy. It's possible I'm trying to get shock "buffs" too much.