Options

Let’s Talk - BGs is Failling Behind, why?

Comments

• Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 172 ★★
    edited February 23
    PT_99 said:

Skyfaw said:

BGs is stale simply just because there is alot to do in the game atm and nothing more.

Found the guy who's absolutely delighted for getting fingerfull of 6* shards in solo milestones.
    Don’t forget to add the part where I get 4.5k 7* from the ranked rewards and since I usually finish in mysterium I get another 8k nice try tho.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 401 ★★★
    Up for promotion, and then it somehow takes time to find someone to fight…and Kabam pulls this rabbit out of the hat;

He banned my 3 R5s… I still managed to win 1 round, but only R4s and 7R1s vs this…its not fun…at all 🤢🤮
  • Options
    The good rewards are from getting ranked in bgs not from participation. Not saying the in game store in bg and milestones don’t need a buff but there still a lot of rewards if you’re able to climb up and get it.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

The good rewards are from getting ranked in bgs not from participation. Not saying the in game store in bg and milestones don’t need a buff but there still a lot of rewards if you’re able to climb up and get it.

A lot of poo poo rewards for time investment (even though that doesn't matter) and the current state of the game

Skyfaw said:

If you are homeless just buy a house - kind of argument lol
    I only get my 3 wins every other day not really that much commitment. Fortunately this works for me and I can place high enough for some great rewards. So I wouldn’t say the effort or time spent is significant just minimal.

This whole thread just speaks skill issue I seen the screenshot of some roster and those are tiny if I’m seeing half the roster with r4 6* or r1 7* that a free win. That just means you’re not ready for this game mode after all it was intended for end game players.

Most of the players I face are 5-7mil account with fully decked out rosters with all the new toys. So I’m always at a disadvantage and I’m not here complaining and still thriving lol
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

A lot of poo poo rewards for time investment (even though that doesn't matter) and the current state of the game

Skyfaw said:

I only get my 3 wins every other day not really that much commitment. Fortunately this works for me and I can place high enough for some great rewards. So I wouldn’t say the effort or time spent is significant just minimal.

This whole thread just speaks skill issue I seen the screenshot of some roster and those are tiny if I’m seeing half the roster with r4 6* or r1 7* that a free win. That just means you’re not ready for this game mode after all it was intended for end game players.

Most of the players I face are 5-7mil account with fully decked out rosters with all the new toys. So I’m always at a disadvantage and I’m not here complaining and still thriving lol
    To dismiss the majority of the thread as a skill issue is beyond disingenuous. The majority of the thread speaks to why players are finding themselves uninterested in pushing in the mode. If you are only really playing every other day to get your 3 wins it doesn’t sound like you’re all that engaged by the mode right now either.

The calls for a rewards update speak to them not being motivating. Period.
    Not necessarily I already said before in my original comment there a lot to do in the game atm so that takes time away from BGs.

I’ve already read 12 comments about matchmaking and rewards it’s just the same story. I was pointing out the obvious truth if you’re “skill” enough you still get plenty out of bgs.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    Skyfaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

To dismiss the majority of the thread as a skill issue is beyond disingenuous. The majority of the thread speaks to why players are finding themselves uninterested in pushing in the mode. If you are only really playing every other day to get your 3 wins it doesn’t sound like you’re all that engaged by the mode right now either.

Not necessarily I already said before in my original comment there a lot to do in the game atm so that takes time away from BGs.

I’ve already read 12 comments about matchmaking and rewards it’s just the same story. I was pointing out the obvious truth if you’re “skill” enough you still get plenty out of bgs.
    I’m torn on match making concerns. I’m in GC every season so it doesn’t really impact me as I want to play the biggest and best players. But I get that too much gate keeping discourages others from even trying so I end up thinking that the VT is a bad thing in general. And would be more than happy to see measures put in place where people feel like it’s not an uphill battle.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

I’m torn on match making concerns. I’m in GC every season so it doesn’t really impact me as I want to play the biggest and best players. But I get that too much gate keeping discourages others from even trying so I end up thinking that the VT is a bad thing in general. And would be more than happy to see measures put in place where people feel like it’s not an uphill battle.
    I get that unfortunately the system is designed where everyone is playing for the same reward. That’s the way it was intended, for me I was cavalier when the beta came out and made a huge effort for every rank up decision how it can help me in bg.

It took many months and had to overcome and push thru difficult content to make my roster as good as I can make it. Not everyone has that mindset or want to challenge themselves. I’m not gonna be one to hold your hand and give you a medal.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

Where are you getting skill issue from anything? Only a small fraction of the posts here even mention matchmaking we are talking about the structure of the mode. And if you are saying skill issue to that you're just roasting kabam and not us.

It feels like you came in here, skipped to the end of the thread, assumed it was about matchmaking, then started trying to flex by outlining the typical battlegrounds experience of summoners paragon and above thinking your special.
    Most of the comments are talking about the solo milestones. Which tbh aren’t good for me but also are accessible to every player in game regardless of progression. I don’t need to see 7* in solo milestones for uncollected, cavalier, thronebreaker to be able to claim.

These same players get strong op champs early on and blow thru content. They’ll never be able to develop the skills needed to complete difficult content and start making threads on nerfing act 6 for the 4th time. Or nerfing there precious Hercules cuz they can’t do anything without him. Or complain about the difficulty of carinas.

I never claimed to be special you’re the one implying that. All I said I’m putting minimal effort into BGs this season and will cash in additional 50k trophy tokens, 10k+ 7* shards, relics and some Titan shards for playing 30mins-1hr every other day. If you’re unable to move thru BGs is either cuz you’re not rdy or it’s a skill issue.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Skyfaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

I get that unfortunately the system is designed where everyone is playing for the same reward. That’s the way it was intended, for me I was cavalier when the beta came out and made a huge effort for every rank up decision how it can help me in bg.

It took many months and had to overcome and push thru difficult content to make my roster as good as I can make it. Not everyone has that mindset or want to challenge themselves. I’m not gonna be one to hold your hand and give you a medal.
    But let’s be honest… you aren’t playing for the same reward. The store looks vastly different for a cavalier than a paragon. Most valiants want valiant locked rewards. All fine well and good… except then you can’t say we are competing for the same rewards. No one below the top players are reaching the pinnacle of GC. So everyone else is beating each other up for different tiered rewards.
  • Options

Skyfaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

But let’s be honest… you aren’t playing for the same reward. The store looks vastly different for a cavalier than a paragon. Most valiants want valiant locked rewards. All fine well and good… except then you can’t say we are competing for the same rewards. No one below the top players are reaching the pinnacle of GC. So everyone else is beating each other up for different tiered rewards.
    Yes the bg store is locked behind progression but none of the ranked rewards are. Nothing is stopping a cavalier player from getting into GC finishing in mysterium put up 800k in solo points. Tho let’s be honest gonna be nearly impossible since they’ll be playing against players with bigger rosters.
  • Options
    Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

ahmynuts said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

Where are you getting skill issue from anything? Only a small fraction of the posts here even mention matchmaking we are talking about the structure of the mode. And if you are saying skill issue to that you're just roasting kabam and not us.

It feels like you came in here, skipped to the end of the thread, assumed it was about matchmaking, then started trying to flex by outlining the typical battlegrounds experience of summoners paragon and above thinking your special.
    Most of the comments are talking about the solo milestones. Which tbh aren’t good for me but also are accessible to every player in game regardless of progression. I don’t need to see 7* in solo milestones for uncollected, cavalier, thronebreaker to be able to claim.

These same players get strong op champs early on and blow thru content. They’ll never be able to develop the skills needed to complete difficult content and start making threads on nerfing act 6 for the 4th time. Or nerfing there precious Hercules cuz they can’t do anything without him. Or complain about the difficulty of carinas.

I never claimed to be special you’re the one implying that. All I said I’m putting minimal effort into BGs this season and will cash in additional 50k trophy tokens, 10k+ 7* shards, relics and some Titan shards for playing 30mins-1hr every other day. If you’re unable to move thru BGs is either cuz you’re not rdy or it’s a skill issue.
    I think this is a fair point, but then it highlights the need for progression based milestones, which would make sense at this point. There’s too much separation between Thronebreaker and Paragon/Valiant
  • Options
    WerriessWerriess Posts: 23
    Season ends Wednesday and uru 3 and 2 are empty, uru 1 got people in it with a score of 0. This might be the first season I wont make it to the GC, massive valiant accounts are still in the VT.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

The metas also stink. Either extremely roster dependent or nuke metas.

Every recent one has been garbage.

I think it’s just the general structure of having season long themes with 2 sub metas rather than 4 distinctly different metas. In the 4 meta format the metas changing let different champs shine more often and helped keep things fun or let you pick your spots. 2 submetas you just get bored and feel stuck playing node combinations you dislike with little variation between attacker and defender stalwarts.

I think a 2-1-1, 3 meta format, would really work well as not everyone sprints to the GC in the first week of BGs so the first meta being 2 weeks really wouldn’t be a big deal.

Also wanna echo the 2 medals for a win / 1 for a loss system in VT was superior to the extended VT system with seeding in my opinion too.
    My biggest gripe. Just did my run to GC and I think I'm in Gamma II with 1 token match win lol.

Guess it was too enjoyable and fun for everyone. Not enough struggle and people buying shields for the economy to not crumble. /S
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,785 ★★★★
    BG is falling for Titania
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,074 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

BG is falling for Titania

Almost nothing the mcoc community has produced has been funnier than that video I swear. The closest is the Dulè Hill video but that is more of a tie to me
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    Update: couple of days remaining in the season, and I’ve fallen back to Uru 1. Only matchup game could find for me (after nearly a minute search) was an opponent in Arcane 3.

Definitely in need of some retooling.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    So outside of BGs Sagas sounds fun but based on the concerns around meta staleness I’m
    sincerely worried about the effects of a limited champion pool on BGs.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited February 27
    DrZola said:

Update: couple of days remaining in the season, and I’ve fallen back to Uru 1. Only matchup game could find for me (after nearly a minute search) was an opponent in Arcane 3.

Definitely in need of some retooling.

Dr. Zola

I always play one game once I got GC, t9ok nearly 3 minutes to find a game against a Arcane 3 also, I was an unranked at the time 😂🤯
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Rewards are really bad.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    They have to update BGs store ASAP, they stated that this was the area that would remain more updated out of the whole game, and it has been a very big while after the last one; so yeah, when need an update, the amounts are too low, and the prices are too high, 360 for a single 6* Sig Stone is a robbery tbh
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 697 ★★★
    edited February 27
    I made a suggestion a good few BG seasons back, which I still believe could able a good solution.

While I have made to GC most season (apart from the first few when BG just started), I feel still believe that the 5 winning tokens need for Vibranium 3 and 2 created an unhealthy bottlenecks problem. This get exacerbate very quickly with any slight issue with BG, either slight challenging BG tactic or lackluster rewards.

So my suggested solution would be:-

1) Change token required:- Keep 5 Winning Token on Vibranium 1 only (the ranking just before entering GC), make every other ranking requiring 3 Token instead.

2) Change BG Solo Event:- Change the rewards from 6* shards to Trophy Token instead. This would be helpful to keep BG relevant easier.

By giving player Trophy Token (instead of 6* shards), Kabam would then only need to focus on updating the BG store every once in a while (instead of have to updating both the Solo Event milestone and the store). Since the BG store is progressed based, all players can use the extra token to buy whatever they need at their level.

With these changes, it would reduce the bottlenecks issue, which would also naturally help with the Matchmaking issue, as players would follow through the ranking more naturally, and hopefully make the BG experience more enjoyable for more players.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,119 ★★★★★
    @Fryday trophy token for solo event in great idea, let us choose to spend where we want to, no one will complain