Options

Battlegrounds state and rewards buff

Comments

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
    I'm really bummed about solo/ally milestones and rank rewards.
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 172 ★★

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

Damn… gonna miss getting a couple of free wins during the victory track. Oh well cya 👋🏽

I'm not really subscribing to the end-of-game narrative, but the idea that less people playing is inconsequential, is short-sighted. The more you prioritize the Top Players and leave the rest in the fray, the less the larger number are going to want to play it. Good luck running a game mode with Matchmaking parameters when the number of Players participating is dwindling.
    They been neglecting the end game players for like 4-5 months. It’s about time Valiants got some perks other then just a daily crystal. So idk what you yapping about. This was bound to happen and 2-3 months or whenever they decide to drop 8.4 then you can enjoy the perks to.
    I'm sorry, but how is an overall update that includes Valiants an act of neglect? Snubbing other Players is not a part of the perks to becoming Valiant.
    Brother your ignorance is showing. Name me any benefits the valiant players had that didn’t include money offer before February.

By definition that’s neglect these advantages that they’re now implenting into the game are new and it’s about time. Which they told you were coming and now it’s here.

Try not to respond with emotion for someone that calls themselves GroundedWisdom its pretty ironic.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,555 ★★★★
    When does the BG store update to Valiant?
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★
    This is an alternate take on the subject, from another Paragon player:

From the moment the Valiant BG store is introduced, the Paragon one is largely irrelevant. Why...? Because if you have the ability to become Paragon in 2 months time (when 8.4 drops), then you better save up all your BG tokens and buy whatever you need from the Valiant store by then. At least that's what I will be doing. I think the difference in prices justifies this move, by a lot.

There is no limit on how much BG Tokens you can save up, is that correct?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Is it coincidence that I just became THE Valiant and immediately BG store got buff 😘
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★

Skyfaw said:

Damn… gonna miss getting a couple of free wins during the victory track. Oh well cya 👋🏽

I'm not really subscribing to the end-of-game narrative, but the idea that less people playing is inconsequential, is short-sighted. The more you prioritize the Top Players and leave the rest in the fray, the less the larger number are going to want to play it. Good luck running a game mode with Matchmaking parameters when the number of Players participating is dwindling.
    I disagree. I think the Valiant title accomplishes what the paragon and throne breaker titles failed to do. Inspire players to pursue the next progression title faster than they normally would have.
    Faster? How? Revive farming is dead and not all of us can buy five Odin's and call it day. 100% Necropolis is not easy, even if you wanted to 100% it (assuming you have the perfect counters for every path which I do) at this point you wouldn't be able to get it done before 8.4 drops unless you can spend a lot of money on units.
    The gap in benefits between being valiant versus being paragon is the widest I’ve ever seen between progression levels. Normally I would’ve done one path of necropolis and called it a day (as I did with the abyss and labyrinth) but after seeing the amount of rank up materials valiant players get for free from just the daily crystals I knew it was a game changer. That’s not mentioning all of the other added rewards to content across the game exclusive to valiant players.

When I started necropolis back in December I had zero r2 7*s now I have 2 r3s and 8 r2 with another 2 that I’m close to ranking up I spent zero dollars on cyber weekend and only enough to reach milestone rewards in the banquet event. I grinded arenas and used those units to explore necro. I don’t have the biggest roster or the highest skill but I got it done and now it is paying off and it didn’t take a huge amount of cash. I spaced out my path runs instead of trying to do it in one shot.

My point is I’m sure I’m not the only one who was inspired to pursue valiant due to the huge difference in rewards and I’m pretty sure that’s what kabam was going for they have been pretty transparent about their desire to have players explore necropolis it’s why they toned down the banquet event this year and ended revive farming.

People think bg participation is going to suffer but I think it will increase the new valiant bg store is too good for emerging valiant players to pass up on also a ton of paragon players with a necro completion will look to hoard bg tokens for after act 8.4 when they will get their second r3. 7*s and become valiant.
    This imo isn't accurate. I don't see why a paragon will push now for a couple months in the future payoff. When most topics created are why can't i have x now? You can get heaps of bg tokens to hoard just on the track with no real effort only doing it when the daily objectives drop. I see hoarding that but see no need to push further.

Short and sweet participants are dropping due to no fun and the grinding nature of bg. Coupled with a game with bugs galore.
    10 full minutes of my time for a single match coupled with needing 5 in a row is 50 minutes of my time that may get me up but I might be exactly where I started pending win/loss ratio. Where else ingame can I spend that kind of time and have absolutely nothing to show for it? I am turned off the grind before I even begin.

I am in a family allaince of 7 allainces out of all of them 3 make it to circuit constantly rest just get as high as they can during objectives then call it a season.

Adding a valiant store and ignoring the rest doesn't add incentive to the rest of the player base to get interested.

Tbh the fact that a week of the daily crystals is better pay off than a week of raids just pushes out and deflates everyone else and they will lose even more interest and less will join.

You said it yourself, kabam is pushing necropolis so is 1 hour of my time in bg going to help that or would my 1 hour be better in arena?

Me personally, I don't care, I have hated bg forever and it has always been boring to me. You got 1 or 2 fights of people working it out, then all work out the node and decks look the same. Winner is determined by who had an ai that uses sp or who had less bugs. Then add in the difference of acquisition of materials between titles on the daily it just becomes meh with big boy flex appeal and nothing more.

Ultimately this is just a video game and I don't care what the rewards are if the mode isn't fun I'm not doing it.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Oh just thought of something very funny to me anyway.

I wonder if it was put together how many are on track and actually did some fighting starting at very bottom to get on circuit is a lot of fights.

The track, You know the random thing added after beta because it made it appear as too much of a grind and so no one wanted it. What would happen with all those bodies on the circuit now with say track rewards as milestone rewards and say top 30% are uru for ranking what would the circuit look like?

If only there was million and one posts saying we don't want this track instead of just the 1 million maybe someone would have listened and interst wouldn't be dying

Just my weird sense of humour observation but I'm giggling so that's a win for me.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 271 ★★★

Steam97 said:

I think it's clear that battlegrounds right now has a much lower partecipation compared to a few seasons ago and mainly it's because the rewards are really outdated and same for the bg store, it definitely needs something bonus for valiant players.

« Less participation. Let’s increase Valiant rewards and improve the Battlegrounds store. »
    Shortly after, Kabam : « Done for the Valiants! »

So Valiants are the major part of the players in Battlegrounds?
    If it is not the reality, what about the other titles?! Don’t they deserve an upgrade too?
    Well, at the moment, no reason to spend more time.
    Haven't you heard that our Time is totally inconsequential to kabam?
    All you see is the last sentence (about time)? No problem with those before (nothing happened to the other titles) that were much more important in the message?

So, for you,I conclude this message with the original idea:
    Nothing for other titles (that represent the major part of the players of this game) = no reason for them to play or to play more Battlegrounds = Battlegrounds mostly between Valiants players.
    I agreed with the entire message, friend lol

My question was rhetorical and not directed at you. Simply a dig at kabam.

And lots of us will keep doing this any time someone mentions 'time', coz their post about players time not mattering is the most absurd thing a game developper could have said. And it can't get forgotten by us, the players.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,540 ★★★★★
    Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

They been neglecting the end game players for like 4-5 months. It’s about time Valiants got some perks other then just a daily crystal. So idk what you yapping about. This was bound to happen and 2-3 months or whenever they decide to drop 8.4 then you can enjoy the perks to.
    I'm sorry, but how is an overall update that includes Valiants an act of neglect? Snubbing other Players is not a part of the perks to becoming Valiant.
    Brother your ignorance is showing. Name me any benefits the valiant players had that didn’t include money offer before February.

By definition that’s neglect these advantages that they’re now implenting into the game are new and it’s about time. Which they told you were coming and now it’s here.

Try not to respond with emotion for someone that calls themselves GroundedWisdom its pretty ironic.
    Yeah, there hasn't been anything new for end game players! Like Necropolis or WoW or Carinas challenges!
  • Options
    Only keep necro open for Paragon :)
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 809 ★★★★

Only keep necro open for Paragon :)

There we go.. that’s really what should happen. Oh we should maybe give them the apothecary…. 2 or 3 times a week.

And we definitely need to nerf aegon for all paragon players until necropolis is explored for them. Demoted to R4 if R5 and/or ascended. And His abilities only trigger 50% of the time at 999. About time these loser paragons feel the discomfort of missing out on timely revive farming.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,569 ★★★★★

So what exactly changed for paragon?

Far as I can tell, nothing has changed. Granted I've only.looked at the t6cc 5% selectors which is the same price and same limit .... 7* shards too and t3a/t6b same too
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

Skyfaw said:

I'm a human being. The name doesn't imply that I'm trying to transcend anything.
    I'm not ignorant at all. I said buffing the Rewards for everyone, including the addition for Valiant, is not an act of neglect towards Valiant Players.
    It is frustrating that people are losing the desire to play BGs more and more, and I'm particularly frustrated because I saw it coming long before it happened. I also happen to care about BGs on a personal level, and it's not an enjoyable experience to watch myself care less and less about making an effort in it. The issues are not being addressed, and it's reminiscent of War, where anyone under the Top stopped being interested, and the changes only ever benefitted them. War is changing in that regard now, but I still wonder if it's too late.
    It's not ignorant to point out that the changes are lacking. It's ignorant to say it's a good thing that other Players are excluded.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 696 ★★★
    Fryday said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey. We just announced an update to the store.

Edit: We added a Valiant Store.

....my suggested solution is:-

1) Change token required:- Keep 5 Winning Token on Vibranium 1 only (the ranking just before entering GC), make every other ranking requiring 3 Token instead. This will help reduce bottleneck problem, with a lot of players stuck around the same place.

2) Change BG Solo Event:- Change the rewards from 6* shards to Trophy Token instead. This would be helpful to keep BG relevant easier.
    While I do think that not making any changes to the Paragon BG Store is not right, I also don't imagine Kabam will make a change/update on it soon.

So following from my suggestion on how to improve Solo Event milestones, there is a way that Kabam could essentially buff the Paragon Store with next month change on the Solo Event milestone.

If Kabam change the Solo Event milestone to Trophy Token instead of 6* shards. Then the equivalent work out would be:-

15000 x 6* Shard = 6750 Trophy Token over 15 milestones.

So if Kabam give in total 10,000 Trophy Token over the same 15 milestones (as an example, the exact number would be down to Kabam), then Paragon players would/could get more from the BG Store, a kind of indirectly "buff" for Paragon players.

This can be done next month so would be quicker and better chance than an update to the Paragon BG Store.

What do you think?

• Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 399 ★★★
    edited February 28
    At a minimum, remove losing medallions, and set the number of wins for promotion to 3 in all divisions, and it will be less hell to face decks full of ascended R5s and 7R2s+ in 3-4 out of 5 fights.

Then you at least know that you will move up if you persevere...and don't waste energy on nonsense and dull rewards,,
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 221 ★★
    edited February 28
    Did Kabam say they will reward a r3 gem for act 8 exploration or is it just pure speculation from the community?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,228 ★★★★★

Did Kabam say they will reward a r3 gem for act 8 exploration or is it just pure speculation from the community?

confirmed from them when there announcement. Of valiant that’s whole act 8 should hav a r3 as a gem or mostly a cystal

• Options
    At least I don't need to think about giving the mode up now, they've done that for me 😂
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 ★★★★

From the moment the Valiant BG store is introduced, the Paragon one is largely irrelevant. Why...? Because if you have the ability to become Paragon in 2 months time (when 8.4 drops), then you better save up all your BG tokens and buy whatever you need from the Valiant store by then. At least that's what I will be doing. I think the difference in prices justifies this move, by a lot.

150k tokens is the limit, but yes it would be the optimal strategy for Paragon players to not spend anymore tokens if they are under the limit until Act 8.4 drops.

Buying 10x of the 5% T6cc for 1210 tokens grants a Paragon player 50% T6cc of varying types for 12100 tokens. If a Paragon player only earns enough to buy 10x each season, then that is 24200 tokens over two seasons. Comparatively, if they wait two seasons to spend (assuming 8.4 drops in April), a similar amount of tokens could be used to get 250% T6cc frags of varying types.

But, that's always been the trade off - using resources you need now, or saving them to use later in the hopes that you can progress without using resources/rank up materials.
  • Options
    altavista said:

150k tokens is the limit, but yes it would be the optimal strategy for Paragon players to not spend anymore tokens if they are under the limit until Act 8.4 drops.

Buying 10x of the 5% T6cc for 1210 tokens grants a Paragon player 50% T6cc of varying types for 12100 tokens. If a Paragon player only earns enough to buy 10x each season, then that is 24200 tokens over two seasons. Comparatively, if they wait two seasons to spend (assuming 8.4 drops in April), a similar amount of tokens could be used to get 250% T6cc frags of varying types.

But, that's always been the trade off - using resources you need now, or saving them to use later in the hopes that you can progress without using resources/rank up materials.
    Isn't this under the assumption that 8.4 awards x2 r3s though? Or worse yet, under the assumption they have already done a run I'm necro?

I'm paragon and will never touch necro (tbh I'm not that bothered about chasing the next title, I'll just skip content that favours it) but unless there is x2 r3 gems or the ability to earn 2 r3s from 8.4/act 8 in total, this strategy means nothing to me 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Isn't it 180?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

altavista said:

Isn't this under the assumption that 8.4 awards x2 r3s though? Or worse yet, under the assumption they have already done a run I'm necro?

I'm paragon and will never touch necro (tbh I'm not that bothered about chasing the next title, I'll just skip content that favours it) but unless there is x2 r3 gems or the ability to earn 2 r3s from 8.4/act 8 in total, this strategy means nothing to me 🤷‍♂️
    It will give one r3. Meaning you'll have to get t4a in other ways. But those other ways are already showing up besides necro. WoW gives some each season. Aw will now give some to Plat and above. We got some in a calendar a week ago. The t4a is coming. I suspect we'll see it in eq/sq soon enough as well.