Options

Do u guys think alot of people are stuck in the past?

I have seen far too many times people complain about the new store rewards even paragon but when someone below paragon complains about the rewards people say "you dont need more than that" which doesnt make sense,for example cavalier event store you only get a little 5* shards and a little amount of t5 iso,which for the new average player who almost sure has 6*(i have seen even a conqueror with 6*) would not be enough

Do u guys think alot of people are stuck in the past? 51 votes

People are stuck to the past
37%
Talha305RajaFeeney234Foxhero007Priyansh7captain_rogersH3t3rKazoraxRenaxqqKen1378Ben_15455DrStrange_358DeepworldCoach_G1UltragamerMDxJJMACAnsh_ASaber_toth225Toproller89 19 votes
People are right about not needing more rewards
43%
GamerSolswerdChovnerNanoDroidGK_23Ackbar67sxlbstverliebtJustcause102PikoluNanosamaItsClobberinTimejcphillips7xLunatiXxFerahgoChiefGoatKikohouqm44Darkraw346mbgibsonSkyfaw 22 votes
None of the above
19%
TerraColinwhitworth69VbnmeDisthene_TDoctorwho13WeenerJack2634willrun4adonutRealWizardManbatn 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,634 ★★★★★
    People are stuck to the past
    I also have a related question. Do y'all think completing victory track is bgs is only reserved for Valiants? Do non whale paragon players still have chance to complete victory track?
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,821 ★★★★
    I can shift to future but i don't know what it has to offer
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    If the future is all about 8 stars than I would like to stick to the present and deal with 7 stars.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,818 Guardian

I also have a related question. Do y'all think completing victory track is bgs is only reserved for Valiants? Do non whale paragon players still have chance to complete victory track?

My valiant roster got absolutely destroyed by a highly skilled paragon in bgs yesterday. The dude's draft rng was insane and they were extremely skilled, so that caused them to just absolutely destroy me lol.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,034 ★★★★
    Lol upon reading the title I thought the question would take another direction...
    No... it's a fact noobs nowadays want to have it all asap, and don't understand that the progression and journey and the struggle is part of the fun, look at all these who cry about how act 6 needs another nerf, or even worse, other acts... and I think the thread that was made the other day about how below Paragon players don't have access to the new Loyalty store items says it all, people can't get used to having high rarity champs ahead of time cuz then their skill will be lacking
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,777 ★★★★

Absolutely.

I'm no whale, and the one time I actually tried to get to the GC I was most definitely still paragon, and made it with time to spare because I actually tried to.

Making it to gc is about skill more than it is about anything else.

Obviously good drafts help, but when pushing for GC you're playing a ton of matches so if you're not making it as a paragon, either you don't have the roster for it in which case you need to play other areas of the game for rank up materials, or you're just not skilled enough, generally.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,290 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

My valiant roster got absolutely destroyed by a highly skilled paragon in bgs yesterday. The dude's draft rng was insane and they were extremely skilled, so that caused them to just absolutely destroy me lol.
    That's not possible because it goes against the ptw whale milking agenda. You must be lying /s
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,710 ★★★★★
    No?
    If anything being uncollected to Cav to TB is faster than ever, with right skills even Paragon is achievable in short time,
    Valiant will be where long grind will be needed but that TOO soon will get cut in half after 8.4 releases.

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    I think the game is in a weird space right now. It's obvious that Kabam wants to funnel as many new players as possible into as new content as possible. It's not too difficult to understand why. The more players they have playing the new content they're making, the more bang they (Kabam) get for their buck, so to speak.

However, the harder they try to funnel new players into higher progression tiers, the less relevant all other content becomes. When I created an alt account a couple of years ago, I immediately breezed past the first couple of star ratings. 1, 2 and 3*s were almost immediately pointless and I cruised through on some 4 and 5*s that I earned relatively quickly. Then I somehow ended up pulling a 6* Thanos during the Banquet event and he made basically all of my 4 and 5*s irrelevant in one fell swoop. I found exploring the early content extremely tedious and only did it because of the units and mastery points there, whereas I love to explore new acts with my main account.

I eventually quit that alt account because I became bored with it all. I didn't enjoy the difficulty curve in the slightest.

At this point, it almost feels as if the game could do well with a restart of sort. I'm not saying Kabam should throw everyone's hard-earned champions in the bin, but I do wonder if new players wouldn't benefit from having a more streamlined experience. Scrap 1-3*s and begin from 4*s so that every additional star rating actually means something when you acquire them. Scrap the initial six acts and slim it down to four or something, making each act more meaningful and rewarding. Make it easier for new players to get to where Kabam wants them to be, without them having a very long and arduous stretch where they feel like they aren't the intended audience.

Obviously there would have to be some rebalancing of everything in order to actually prepare newer players for late-game content without the normal difficulty progression, but Kabam is messing around with that on the semi-regular anyways so I'd leave it up to them to figure things out.

I don't believe this is something that will actually happen, but I'm not sure having a ton of content that you've largely made irrelevant and mostly non-educational be required before getting to "the good stuff" is necessarily a good thing either.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,006 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

No?
    If anything being uncollected to Cav to TB is faster than ever, with right skills even Paragon is achievable in short time,
    Valiant will be where long grind will be needed but that TOO soon will get cut in half after 8.4 releases.

That's exactly one of the problems.
    People rush content, get to cav and start blaming everything on not being able to do it because they have 4 and 5 stars. They look at other people pulling 6 and 7 stars and use it as an excuse.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,631 ★★★★★
    edited March 17

I'm already in V3 (give me a week and I'll be up there) and I'm a f2p Paragon (for the most part), yeah it's definitely still possible you'd be surprised how many Valiant whales are actually terrible at the game.