Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• GabeZRodGabeZRod Member Posts: 72 ★★
    edited March 17
    @Kabam Miike @“Kabam Jax” can we please get an update on this? The lack of correspondence from the Kabam side is not a good outlook on community outreach. At least acknowledging the fact that this is still being looked into and whether we can expect an additional nerf (and at what time) is prudent. Based on the near 500 comments, this issue is causing mass exoduses on all fronts
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 740 ★★★★
    GabeZRod said:

@Kabam Miike @“Kabam Jax” can we please get an update on this? The lack of correspondence from the Kabam side is not a good outlook on community outreach. At least acknowledging the fact that this is still being looked into and whether we can expect an additional nerf (and at what time) is prudent. Based on the near 500 comments, this issue is causing mass exoduses on all fronts

we can only hope they permanently revert back to the pre-crush era mindset. whoever is dictating the trajectory of AW needs to go back to what worked because "higHeR difFicUltY!" never will.

every decent player in their tier (not great, decent) should be able to solo their fights with basic due diligence while having enough champion options at their disposal to do it (even during the second season of a global with the additional blacklist).
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★

Why no official word on a post this important yet?

This is the million dollar question considering how many people have responded to the thread and how many new folk too who don't post often
  • PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Member Posts: 186 ★★
    They’re most likely going keep it this season and milk the whales pushing for that Witch. They’ve ignored pretty much every tag after Jax has stated they were initially changing things. They made their mind up.

Season should be cancelled.
    Our third opponent is a fellow Masters ally placing dupes of the same champ. (4x bullseyes) etc.

Great tactic guys. Is this what you wanted? Masters level Allie’s ignoring diversity because the tactic is so ridiculous?
  • OpxOpx Member Posts: 136
    We are also done with AW. Absolutely unplayable. We haven't had as many deaths as we have now all season.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    Gold 1 alliance here. Varying ranges of skills within the alliance. We structure our war, assign paths for consistency, but don’t require more than the 1 loyalty revives. While our overall deaths are up, our attack bonus actually remains the same as previous wars. So while individual matchups have become more of a pain point, we aren’t seeing a decrease in scoring (so far - we are now up against an alliance using 80-90% tactic)
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

Our third opponent is a fellow Masters ally placing dupes of the same champ. (4x bullseyes) etc.

Great tactic guys. Is this what you wanted? Masters level Allie’s ignoring diversity because the tactic is so ridiculous?

I guess it's us :D
    We want to get some easy wins by doing this... not pushing hard either.
    Good luck!
    FunnyDude said:

PIKESTAIN said:

I guess it's us :D
    We want to get some easy wins by doing this... not pushing hard either.
    Good luck!
    Same. I think our leadership think we’re pushing hard but we aren’t lol.

Point is when a tactic is so strong that you throw out diversity due to it, it should be reevaluated (and that’s only one reason lol).
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    edited March 18
    It's funny that even some of the high end players are getting destroyed this season, I'm happy I'm having some time just chilling in plat playing 1 loyalty wars with the slightly more lenient tactic. But even then a r3 killmonger in one eye open gets me once or twice. For some reason that specific fight decides to throw the passive AI out the window leading me to believe the dice truly is loaded that they're rolling, my man dashed me over and over knowing I couldn't parry and that he'd get indestructible from the dex's.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Y

It's funny that even some of the high end players are getting destroyed this season, I'm happy I'm having some time just chilling in plat playing 1 loyalty wars with the slightly more lenient tactic. But even then a r3 killmonger in one eye open gets me once or twice. For some reason that specific fight decides to throw the passive AI out the window leading me to believe the dice truly is loaded that they're rolling, my man dashed me over and over knowing I couldn't parry and that he'd get indestructible from the dex's.

You can parry on one eye open, just don’t attack when they are stunned. If he’s aggressive, parry, back off, go for an intercept when he dashes in.
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 551 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Y

You can parry on one eye open, just don’t attack when they are stunned. If he’s aggressive, parry, back off, go for an intercept when he dashes in.
    If they have debuffs on them you cant do this. So this is impractical in 99% of scenarios
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    I can’t stress this blacklist issue enough. Let’s say, by some miracle, only Bishop is blacklisted.

My alliance is stacked with r5 ascended, r2 and r3 bullseyes. What do we do? Well we ban Kushala, iceman and Wep X.

Now, I can throw 3 bullseyes on hazard shift stack the final diamond and slap one on boss for good measure and the options for running this gauntlet are what exactly? Sunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed. Again, this is ONLY with Bishop blacklisted. If two tactic attackers get banned (they almost certainly will) this becomes infinitely worse
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

cSunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed.

I'm nervous on how the blacklist affects it as well, so don't take this as me saying you have no cause for concern. But just so you know, if it does end up being something you need to plan for, any mutant can take shock/bleed. With horseman, or odin, or ideally both. Depending on your organisation in an alliance, that would be my advice.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★

cSunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed.

I'm nervous on how the blacklist affects it as well, so don't take this as me saying you have no cause for concern. But just so you know, if it does end up being something you need to plan for, any mutant can take shock/bleed. With horseman, or odin, or ideally both. Depending on your organisation in an alliance, that would be my advice.

My group has theory crafted those solutions, but testing this season has shown the margin for error when fighting in those nodes without tactic becomes microscopic which is to say the counters are hardly counters

I can’t stress this blacklist issue enough. Let’s say, by some miracle, only Bishop is blacklisted.

My alliance is stacked with r5 ascended, r2 and r3 bullseyes. What do we do? Well we ban Kushala, iceman and Wep X.

Now, I can throw 3 bullseyes on hazard shift stack the final diamond and slap one on boss for good measure and the options for running this gauntlet are what exactly? Sunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed. Again, this is ONLY with Bishop blacklisted. If two tactic attackers get banned (they almost certainly will) this becomes infinitely worse

There is always a champion can do these fights, but our resource is not unlimited, how many players can afford to upgrade 5-10 champions every 3 months. I hate this....

• Jez25Jez25 Member Posts: 45
    edited March 19
    2 Sentences they will tell u.. "I DONT CARE".. and "NOT EVERY CONTENT IS FOR EVERYONE, U HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO PLAY".. So instead of them putting that in the forums.. they just keep silent..
    That was a fun “war”. Had one of our guys say he is going to retire (he runs path 1)…… fun stuff.

War tactics shouldn’t illicit that reaction. I’m all for more difficult, just not fun sucking/killing.
    PIKESTAIN said:

That was a fun “war”. Had one of our guys say he is going to retire (he runs path 1)…… fun stuff.

War tactics shouldn’t illicit that reaction. I’m all for more difficult, just not fun sucking/killing.

sorry to hear that, the guy did the thing fight in my alliance was also very upset, took a while to calm him down
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    A member of my alliance actually deleted the game after dying in war, no one even said one thing about his death but he was so pissed off that he deleted the game
    Idk what's going on with the direction of AW that the devs chose but it needs a clear change, we can't keep having this nightmare in aw every single month, it's not healthy for the game or the players
    edited March 20
    FunnyDude said:

PIKESTAIN said:

sorry to hear that, the guy did the thing fight in my alliance was also very upset, took a while to calm him down
    Yeah man. It’s quite a shame sadly. When game content [becomes this frustrating] for people who are at such a high level, they really need to take a step back and examine things.
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Diem926Diem926 Member Posts: 37
    Surprised that this thread hasn’t been addressed since the last time.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

apoc, cable, and odin synergy just for 1 fight for 3 players is a crazy amount of work. how is this possible or fun?
    How is it possible? One player brings apoc/cable or one player brings Odin? Ideally both if you can, but hazard shift can be taken by champs who only counter one of the debuffs pretty simply.

That’s fairly low level organisation imo, kind of an exaggeration to call it a crazy amount of work.

I look at a defender and think ok, I’ll bring toad for it and I’ll bring Odin so I can take the shock part of the node. Or ask a team mate and they bring it.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    And again, i'm okay with this tactic. In fact, i'm enjoying it. My favorite champs are in it, and I am content. But I have other accounts in alliances where people aren't really enjoying the ask, and challenge.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

apoc, cable, and odin synergy just for 1 fight for 3 players is a crazy amount of work. how is this possible or fun?
    How is it possible? One player brings apoc/cable or one player brings Odin? Ideally both if you can, but hazard shift can be taken by champs who only counter one of the debuffs pretty simply.

That’s fairly low level organisation imo, kind of an exaggeration to call it a crazy amount of work.

I look at a defender and think ok, I’ll bring toad for it and I’ll bring Odin so I can take the shock part of the node. Or ask a team mate and they bring it.
    Bitter, this is where i will disagree. This tactic is complex enough, along with other non tactic challenges to make planners a little stressed.
    A lot of path splitters can easily be placed making planning hard.
    making space for one horseman is fairly okay, Multiple is pushing it.
    Also, lower level organization is much different from what you are accustomed to. I know where i'm at is organized, but there are plenty of places that do fixed lanes that are stuck with this tactic with no overall planning.
    This tactic requires overall planning that many alliances just do not do. t1, and t2, sure. Any thing below, this is a massive ask.
    We did a little practice in off-season, and then when season popped off, even into the second war people were still forgetting to bring an X-Magica attacker to counter one or two fights. Myself and the other officers were like "No...you HAVE to choose that tactic and choose one of those attackers if you have one of those fights on your path. There is no maybe with this thing"
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

Bitter, this is where i will disagree. This tactic is complex enough, along with other non tactic challenges to make planners a little stressed.
    Also, lower level organization is much different from what you are accustomed to. I know where i'm at is organized, but there are plenty of places that do fixed lanes that are stuck with this tactic with no overall planning.
    This tactic requires overall planning that many alliances just do not do. t1, and t2, sure. Any thing below, this is a massive ask.
    We are tier 4 and we do full planning. I know the tactic is easier for tier 4, but it honestly hasn’t been that bad. We’ve had to get creative in how we handle wars, but it is doable.

If you don’t plan, yes, this would be a disaster. There’s no way I can see people successfully going at this tactic without a plan and succeeding.

Also, there is a 10th person for a reason. In alliances that just assign paths, it’s not that hard to have your 10th person assist with prefights or a problem fight or 2.
    Matty_Ice said:

We are tier 4 and we do full planning. I know the tactic is easier for tier 4, but it honestly hasn’t been that bad. We’ve had to get creative in how we handle wars, but it is doable.

If you don’t plan, yes, this would be a disaster. There’s no way I can see people successfully going at this tactic without a plan and succeeding.

Also, there is a 10th person for a reason. In alliances that just assign paths, it’s not that hard to have your 10th person assist with prefights or a problem fight or 2.
    Hello, Jon Snow